Author Topic: Trump Replaced White House Pandemic-Response Team With Jared Kushner  (Read 1147 times)

Offline libertybele

God help us!  I watched the briefing and then Kushner began to speak -- he spoke with a smug smile at times, spoke very rapidly and arrogantly.  IMHO, he is not on team Trump or team America he is on team Kushner.

Trump Replaced White House Pandemic-Response Team With Jared Kushner

At his coronavirus press briefing yesterday, Fox News correspondent John Roberts asked President Trump about his 2018 decision to eliminate the National Security Council’s pandemic-response office. Trump lashed out, “You know that’s a false story, what you just said is a false story … You shouldn’t be repeating a story you know is false,” accusing Roberts of “working for CNN.” (The charge of committing legitimate journalism is the most serious Trump could think to hurl at a Fox News employee.)

The story is not false. Trump did eliminate the job of coordinating a national pandemic response. And the strongest evidence of the damage he did is that this job is now being performed by Jared Kushner.

In May 2018, the top White House official who was focused on pandemic response departed the White House. “The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded,” reported the Washington Post at the time. Trump and his allies — including then-NSC director John Bolton, who undertook the ill-fated move — have since tried to muddy the waters about these moves, emphasizing the fact that they merely reorganized the National Security Council rather than bluntly firing everybody involved in pandemic response.

It is true that they kept some global-health officials onboard. But one purpose of the reorganization was to deemphasize pandemic response in favor of other priorities. Nobody bothered to deny this at the time. “In a world of limited resources, you have to pick and choose,” an administration official explained to the Post in its 2018 story. “We lost a little bit of the leadership, but the expertise remains.” The pandemic-response office was created in order to give the issue high-level attention. Trump’s team downgraded the office because they thought it needed less attention. In a world of limited resources, you have to pick and choose, and they chose issues other than pandemic response....

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/trump-fired-pandemic-response-jared-kushner-coronavirus.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump Replaced White House Pandemic-Response Team With Jared Kushner
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 12:11:26 am »
Similar article:

Behind the scenes, Kushner takes charge of coronavirus response

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/01/jared-kushner-coronavirus-response-160553

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 12:31:52 am »
Who is Mike Pence? I haven't heard anything about Kushner being involved much less leading the response team in this  crisis.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 12:42:58 am »
Well we know who’s really running the response to this virus now.  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 12:53:20 am »
This is bullshit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 12:58:56 am »
Politico is as bad a CNN with fake news propaganda.
In fact, they feed off of each other. CNN reports a fake story,
then Politico reports the same fake story, or the other way around.
The next thing you know the fake story evolves into a mainstream story which is the entire point.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 01:14:49 am »
Politico is as bad a CNN with fake news propaganda.
In fact, they feed off of each other. CNN reports a fake story,
then Politico reports the same fake story, or the other way around.
The next thing you know the fake story evolves into a mainstream story which is the entire point.
Well, that's because "Media sources said...." :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 01:31:06 am »
Who is Mike Pence? I haven't heard anything about Kushner being involved much less leading the response team in this  crisis.

I didn't know that Kushner was involved until I saw him speak at the COVID-19 press conference this evening.  His smirky smile made me cringe and I stopped watching. I then searched to get some more information and posted the articles.  Regardless of the source of the articles, he indeed is part of the response team to the virus.

IMHO in watching him respond to the questions from the press, he appears to be stepping on Pence's toes and made it seem that he was there because Pence wasn't doing a good enough job "managing" the situation.  In fact Kushner made the comment to a question "that's what good managers" do.   Not a good thing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 01:47:23 am »
I didn't know that Kushner was involved until I saw him speak at the COVID-19 press conference this evening.  His smirky smile made me cringe and I stopped watching. I then searched to get some more information and posted the articles.  Regardless of the source of the articles, he indeed is part of the response team to the virus.

IMHO in watching him respond to the questions from the press, he appears to be stepping on Pence's toes and made it seem that he was there because Pence wasn't doing a good enough job "managing" the situation.  In fact Kushner made the comment to a question "that's what good managers" do.   Not a good thing.

Obviously a Trumpian plot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 01:49:18 am »
I won’t believe any media story until Rush or Hannity confirms it on their show.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 01:49:40 am »
I didn't think he was so bad except he talks sooooooooooo fast I had trouble following....

...btw does he shave yet....oh I am so catty.... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 01:53:21 am »
I didn't think he was so bad except he talks sooooooooooo fast I had trouble following....

...btw does he shave yet....oh I am so catty.... :shrug:

I've never heard him speak before, so I don't know if that's the normal pace that he speaks at or if he was just nervous.

Nah...I don't think he shaves yet.

Did you notice the smirky smile a couple of times? What was up with that?  It was like he knew the journalist and knew the question that was going to be asked.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 01:57:45 am »
This is bullshit.

Regardless if the story is b.s. or not, the fact IS that Kushner is now part of the pandemic response team. He took part in taking questions from the press and explained a bit of what he was working on and his effort. It seemed to me that he was bragging about his good management skills while stepping on Pence's toes ... although he talked so quickly at times it was difficult to catch everything that he said. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 02:01:16 am »
Regardless if the story is b.s. or not, the fact IS that Kushner is now part of the pandemic response team. He took part in taking questions from the press and explained a bit of what he was working on and his effort. It seemed to me that he was bragging about his good management skills while stepping on Pence's toes ... although he talked so quickly at times it was difficult to catch everything that he said.

I haven't seen enough to know if someone should be disqualified for being maned "Kushner."   :shrug:  I don't think he's a good one to put on the team...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 02:29:59 am »
I haven't seen enough to know if someone should be disqualified for being maned "Kushner."   :shrug:  I don't think he's a good one to put on the team...

I have posted several articles over the past couple of years with many links tying Kushner to Soros, Obama/Obamacare, Middle East, and now also his involvement with China.  The source of the articles and content can always be disputed, I for one believe that Kushner is someone Trump shouldn't trust; my mistrust all started with finding out that Jared and his brother Joshua got their start up money from Soros to start Cadre, a real estate tech company....with numerous subsidiaries and involvements around the globe, including China.  I question Trump's judgement of Jared ... and in turn it makes me question at times Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/08/jared-kushners-company-under-renewed-scrutiny-over-chinese-and-israeli-deals

https://www.npr.org/2017/03/17/520498632/kushner-family-could-get-millions-from-chinese-company-in-real-estate-deal

https://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-chinese-executive-prison-919562

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2019/01/17/woman-with-chinese-government-connections-bought-jared-and-ivankas-penthouse/#5a61557022d9

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-kushner/jared-kushner-trumps-son-in-law-takes-bigger-role-in-china-trade-talks-idUSKBN1Y80IA

https://www.citizensforethics.org/jared-kushner-cadre-certificate-divestiture/

https://chinaus-icas.org/jared-kushner/

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:30:50 am by libertybele »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 02:36:31 am »
My primary concern is, is Kushner good at coordinating supply chain logistics? 
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 02:37:32 am »
My primary concern is, is Kushner good at coordinating supply chain logistics?

Assuming he knows what that is.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 02:43:02 am »
 ****sheep****
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 03:09:35 am »
I have posted several articles over the past couple of years with many links tying Kushner to Soros, Obama/Obamacare, Middle East, and now also his involvement with China.  The source of the articles and content can always be disputed, I for one believe that Kushner is someone Trump shouldn't trust; my mistrust all started with finding out that Jared and his brother Joshua got their start up money from Soros to start Cadre, a real estate tech company....with numerous subsidiaries and involvements around the globe, including China.  I question Trump's judgement of Jared ... and in turn it makes me question at times Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/08/jared-kushners-company-under-renewed-scrutiny-over-chinese-and-israeli-deals

https://www.npr.org/2017/03/17/520498632/kushner-family-could-get-millions-from-chinese-company-in-real-estate-deal

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2019/01/17/woman-with-chinese-government-connections-bought-jared-and-ivankas-penthouse/#5a61557022d9

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-kushner/jared-kushner-trumps-son-in-law-takes-bigger-role-in-china-trade-talks-idUSKBN1Y80IA

Great post. I'm very wary of the selection too.

A great wealth of info here though, I doubt if they'll give China any kind of pass on this.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 03:15:19 am »

Did you notice he completely ducked the question about what his qualifications were to be on this task force?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2020, 04:50:15 am »
Trump did not disband the Pandemic response team. Tim Morrison was the head of the team and he said it is still part of the NSA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/16/no-white-house-didnt-dissolve-its-pandemic-response-office/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Absalom

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2020, 04:53:31 am »
Kushner and his family elders are well established NYC Slum-lords
in and out of the Courts for decades.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 04:57:47 am »

This was addressed fully during today's briefing @goatprairie  Kushner is on Pence's team, reporting to Pence and working under Pence's instructions.

In other words, the Special Assistant to the President is on loan to the corona task force for as long as he may be needed. 

Love him or hate him, Kushner is one smart dude who has been involved in the inner workings of the federal government for more than three years --- and he's doing it for free.  I wish him success here.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 01:07:05 pm »

I wish him success here.

So do I.  That's the first mention on this thread of "good luck."
I will NOT comply.