Author Topic: ‘Historic figure’: Trump will be hailed for defeating virus, rescuing economy, predicts Gingrich  (Read 976 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
‘Historic figure’: Trump will be hailed for defeating virus, rescuing economy, predicts Gingrich
By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Updated: 12:45 p.m. on Thursday, April 2, 2020

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich predicted Thursday that President Trump would be remembered by future generations as a “historic figure” for his response to the coronavirus crisis.

“He is extraordinarily energetic. He is learning at an extraordinary pace,” Mr. Gingrich told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt. “And he’s an historic figure, and I think that by the time this is over, as he defeats the virus, pivots and relaunches the economy, people will realize how important it was that we had Donald Trump at this moment in American history.”

At the same time, Mr. Gingrich blasted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for saying Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that “as the president fiddles, people are dying,” calling her “despicable.”

Read more at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/2/historic-figure-newt-gingrich-predicts-trump-will-/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

Poor Newt, I mean, the last I knew and I assume he is there yet, is Newt is in Italy, his wife is ambassador to the Vatican so I assume, Newt and wife probably have some sort of nice living headquarters... but during this time, I'll bet they are very, very careful, probably stay home all the time.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Poor Newt, I mean, the last I knew and I assume he is there yet, is Newt is in Italy, his wife is ambassador to the Vatican so I assume, Newt and wife probably have some sort of nice living headquarters... but during this time, I'll bet they are very, very careful, probably stay home all the time.

Must be why he is letting New York continue on to Mega COVID 19 hellhole.  So that he can save them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Must be why he is letting New York continue on to Mega COVID 19 hellhole.  So that he can save them.
New York dug that Hellhole, between failing (for years) to ensure they had what they would need for an outbreak, by encouraging behaviour virtually guaranteed to spread the disease, and scoffing at warnings of the seriousness of the disease.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

New York dug that Hellhole, between failing (for years) to ensure they had what they would need for an outbreak, by encouraging behaviour virtually guaranteed to spread the disease, and scoffing at warnings of the seriousness of the disease.

New York may have, but this is a National Emergency that is not confined to any state.  If they cannot contain it the Federal Government must for the sake of all Americans.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:33:32 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

New York may have, but this is a National Emergency that is not confined to any state.  If they cannot contain it the Federal Government must for the sake of all Americans.
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-updates-united-states.html

Take a good look at the map, at that link,  please.

In North Dakota we still have fewer than 200 cases (yep, one hundred seventy three confirmed infected, of 5798 tested.) Three have died, all with preexisting conditions, ranging  in age from 60 to 90+. Twenty nine are in hospital, and 55 have recovered.

Now, I'm not comparing our state to New York, except to say that the streets which are normally quite busy here are empty, people have voluntarily isolated, are taking precautions, maintaining distance.

Our Health Department Folks didn't urge us to go stand shoulder to shoulder in crowds watching parades,
The schools, restaurants, and bars were shut down early on, to the great economic detriment of many, along with almost any business which required person to person contact.
The Banks all went to drive-through only, food from restaurants to delivery or pick up, churches shut down and provide services online.
Motel parking lots are empty, and that's quite a few for a town the size of this one.

We may be in the 'sticks', but we have fiber optic grade internet and the state is wired in.
Virtually every State function not requiring your physical presence can be conducted on line and has been for years.
With the oil patch in limbo, even that traffic is little enough except for essential trucks hauling crude oil or production water (a job which requires almost no human to human contact).
Food and other goods are hauled in via truck or rail, shelves are stocked at night, stores open for seniors and high risk folks at 6AM to 7, and to everyone from 7AM until 9PM, and the cycle repeats.
Farmers are getting ready for spring, seldom in town except for parts.

Now maybe we have just handled things differently, and I can't think of a Hell of a lot the Federal Government can think to impose we already aren't already voluntarily doing, but IF we need it, We'll do it, and we don't need Federal intervention to tell us to. This isn't some Democrat run hellhole.

People 2000 miles away who have no concept of what life here is like nor what it entails can just deal with the problems in their own back yards, thank you very much. If we need something we'll call, and we won't ask for more than we need.

So don't apply solutions engineered for New York here. (It would cost too much to have to build a subway so we could shut it down.)

Let's not throw away the last vestiges of State's Rights and the Constitution because New York has made a mess of this. Note their cases are measured as >100,000, a category that applies to only one state, while the next category down on that map is 10-20,000.

One size does not fit all, and in some instances, the garment is not warranted.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

If tomorrow Trump created a perfect cure and immunization and all on the same day personally injected every American with it, Gingrich's prediction would be proven wrong. Because Orange Man BAD!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Newt is right and this is exactly what the DEMS don't want ... that is why they are now developing another witch hunt under the guise of "oversight" on his handling of the virus.

Prayers up for this President!  Very thankful he's leading and not some whackado like Biden.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-updates-united-states.html

Take a good look at the map, at that link,  please.

In North Dakota we still have fewer than 200 cases (yep, one hundred seventy three confirmed infected, of 5798 tested.) Three have died, all with preexisting conditions, ranging  in age from 60 to 90+. Twenty nine are in hospital, and 55 have recovered.

Now, I'm not comparing our state to New York, except to say that the streets which are normally quite busy here are empty, people have voluntarily isolated, are taking precautions, maintaining distance.

Our Health Department Folks didn't urge us to go stand shoulder to shoulder in crowds watching parades,
The schools, restaurants, and bars were shut down early on, to the great economic detriment of many, along with almost any business which required person to person contact.
The Banks all went to drive-through only, food from restaurants to delivery or pick up, churches shut down and provide services online.
Motel parking lots are empty, and that's quite a few for a town the size of this one.

We may be in the 'sticks', but we have fiber optic grade internet and the state is wired in.
Virtually every State function not requiring your physical presence can be conducted on line and has been for years.
With the oil patch in limbo, even that traffic is little enough except for essential trucks hauling crude oil or production water (a job which requires almost no human to human contact).
Food and other goods are hauled in via truck or rail, shelves are stocked at night, stores open for seniors and high risk folks at 6AM to 7, and to everyone from 7AM until 9PM, and the cycle repeats.
Farmers are getting ready for spring, seldom in town except for parts.

Now maybe we have just handled things differently, and I can't think of a Hell of a lot the Federal Government can think to impose we already aren't already voluntarily doing, but IF we need it, We'll do it, and we don't need Federal intervention to tell us to. This isn't some Democrat run hellhole.

People 2000 miles away who have no concept of what life here is like nor what it entails can just deal with the problems in their own back yards, thank you very much. If we need something we'll call, and we won't ask for more than we need.

So don't apply solutions engineered for New York here. (It would cost too much to have to build a subway so we could shut it down.)

Let's not throw away the last vestiges of State's Rights and the Constitution because New York has made a mess of this. Note their cases are measured as >100,000, a category that applies to only one state, while the next category down on that map is 10-20,000.

One size does not fit all, and in some instances, the garment is not warranted.

I would never want to apply anything needed in New York to anywhere, unless the people could not use common sense and contain it themselves.  Obviously the people of New York know what is fueling their epicenter disease but they are still loading onto the subways like rats.  New York is at a level where National Guard is required to make sure non essential are staying at home.

I do have praise for our state too.  It may be a liberal government but most stores have marked floors for cashier lines 6" apart.  Many have installed shields for store workers.  Most people know the routine and are staying 6" apart.   I think that the stay home order is overboard because some businesses only employ a few workers.  I also think people should be encouraged to go to state parks instead of closing them or trails.  If you are wearing a mask you can pass a person on a trail safely.  People can't stay in their homes for months, and it fuels depression.  The key is staying far enough apart.  If you can't do it stay home.

People here who are essential workers carry letters that say they are.  It would be simple to have National Guard at the subway checking.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 07:14:59 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If tomorrow Trump created a perfect cure and immunization and all on the same day personally injected every American with it, Gingrich's prediction would be proven wrong. Because Orange Man BAD!
@PeteS in CA
I know I shouldn't, but it seems that some just can't be happy unless they can

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I would never want to apply anything needed in New York to anywhere, unless the people could not use common sense and contain it themselves.  Obviously the people of New York know what is fueling their epicenter disease but they are still loading onto the subways like rats.  New York is at a level where National Guard is required to make sure non essential are staying at home.

I do have praise for our state too.  It may be a liberal government but most stores have marked floors for cashier lines 6" apart.  Many have installed shields for store workers.  Most people know the routine and are staying 6" apart.   I think that the stay home order is overboard because some businesses only employ a few workers.  I also think people should be encouraged to go to state parks instead of closing them or trails.  If you are wearing a mask you can pass a person on a trail safely.  People can't stay in their homes for months, and it fuels depression.  The key is staying far enough apart.  If you can't do it stay home.

People here who are essential workers carry letters that say they are.  It would be simple to have National Guard at the subway checking.
I give Cuomo credit for allowing New Yorkers to go outside. Part of the problem in NYC is that there simply isn't enough space—but being holed up in an apartment building isn't very helpful either; all that air can just get sealed up and circulate in the buildings. Hopefully the advice to wear masks helps.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I give Cuomo credit for allowing New Yorkers to go outside. Part of the problem in NYC is that there simply isn't enough space—but being holed up in an apartment building isn't very helpful either; all that air can just get sealed up and circulate in the buildings. Hopefully the advice to wear masks helps.

Easy enough -- open the windows.  Get up off the couch and go for a walk around the block.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jpsb

New York City put themselves into Covid19 hell. The Mayor told New Yorkers not to worry about the virus, to live life normally and to go to Chinatown to watch a parade. Put the blame where it belongs Mayor Bill de Blasio. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why is New Orleans' coronavirus death rate twice New York's? Obesity is a factor
https://news.yahoo.com/why-orleans-coronavirus-death-rate-100627119.html

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Social Security Administration and Treasury looking at the virus as a glass half-full.      wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Why is New Orleans' coronavirus death rate twice New York's? Obesity is a factor
https://news.yahoo.com/why-orleans-coronavirus-death-rate-100627119.html

Perhaps it is also the lack of being able to get proper medical care.

Offline Chosen Daughter

New York City put themselves into Covid19 hell. The Mayor told New Yorkers not to worry about the virus, to live life normally and to go to Chinatown to watch a parade. Put the blame where it belongs Mayor Bill de Blasio.

Of course I do put the blame on the Mayor.  And I will put it on Trump also if he doesn't do something to stop the spread.  We all are doing what we must and it isn't pleasant.  But when they are still allowing cross border travel then it is a Federal problem.  If they all want to pack onto the subways, trains and unsanitary taxi's then let the Federal Government close all travel from the state. 

I also do blame Trump and AG Barr for letting Federal Prisoners out.  They have just allowed the prisons to increase at their discretion the amount of prisoners from the jails that they want.  The prisons already have COVID and they are releasing them into epicenter New York.

So that is on Trump. 

But sure, let them do all that.  Pack into the subways.  Release prisoners.  Accept ventilators from China., but protect the rest of us from New York.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Exactly. President Trump has displayed tremendous leadership and he as acted very swiftly to get testing out, reach out to the private sector to get things done give governors some latitude so that they can adequately prepare and respond.

Again, I ask for all to please pray for this President and this country.  Thank God he is leading this country -- I think he is doing a fantastic job!  He can only direct governors and suggest to the people of this country what they need to do --- it is unfortunate that some governors, mayors and the public aren't heeding his advice and the advice of his medical team.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 09:48:57 pm by libertybele »

Online Smokin Joe

Exactly. President Trump has displayed tremendous leadership and he as acted very swiftly to get testing out, reach out to the private sector to get things done give governors some latitude so that they can adequately prepare and respond.

Again, I ask for all to please pray for this President and this country.  Thank God he is leading this country -- I think he is doing a fantastic job!  He can only direct governors and suggest to the people of this country what they need to do --- it is unfortunate that some governors, mayors and the public aren't heeding his advice and the advice of his medical team.
Imagine this with Obama at the helm... :scared smiley: :terror:

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

That is a matter of opinion.  The President does have the authority to stop domestic flights from New York and other hot spots.  They have not stopped even global flights as of yet.  They have not stopped local travel from state to state in hot spots.  You can say all he can do is advise, but he does have the authority to stop it.  He has thought about stopping flights, but hasn't done it.

I am not just saying this because I don't like the President.  I don't.  But I am praying for the government and for the entire country.  It doesn't do a bit of good for any state to go to extensive measures when there isn't a stop of travel from places like New York.

Plus just today, AG gives broader authority to prisons to release more prisoners.  They already have COVID.  The workers are infected too.  Yet they are releasing into New York state.

U.S. attorney general orders release of more federal inmates due to coronavirus pandemic
By Sarah N. Lynch 2 hrs ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General William Barr declared on Friday that the federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) is facing emergency conditions due to the fast-spreading coronavirus, paving the way for the agency to begin releasing more inmates out of custody and into home confinement.

Barr said under his emergency order, priority for releasing vulnerable inmates into home confinement should be given first to those housed in federal prisons that have been hardest hit by COVID-19, including facilities such as Oakdale in Louisiana, Elkton in Ohio and Danbury in Connecticut.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/us-attorney-general-orders-release-of-more-federal-inmates-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic/ar-BB1297n5?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:03:04 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Imagine this with Obama at the helm... :scared smiley: :terror:

I agree it would be bad.  But not convinced Trump is much better. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

7,425 views|Apr 3, 2020,11:47am EDT
Trump Considers U.S. Domestic Flight Restrictions

James AsquithContributor
Travel

However, domestic flights in the U.S. have continued, albeit with a reduced frequency. Connectivity across the United States has remained in place despite the country having the highest number of reported COVID-19 cases worldwide.

The idea of restricting domestic travel in the U.S. has been floated around for the last few weeks since a large proportion of international flights were banned...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesasquith/2020/04/03/trump-considers-us-domestic-travel-restrictions/#7c3ab218bff0

What is he waiting for?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Online Smokin Joe

I agree it would be bad.  But not convinced Trump is much better.
Look at the H1N1 figures and reaction time, then.

Trump is months ahead of Obama reaction time, both in the identification of a domestic problem and in taking measures to mitigate it. Like him or not, he has been a businessman, and that means making a decision and implementing it with as little delay as possible. In Business, time is money.

Obama lacked that background, acting slowly and on the political guidance of his Master(s).

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Look at the H1N1 figures and reaction time, then.

Trump is months ahead of Obama reaction time, both in the identification of a domestic problem and in taking measures to mitigate it. Like him or not, he has been a businessman, and that means making a decision and implementing it with as little delay as possible. In Business, time is money.

Obama lacked that background, acting slowly and on the political guidance of his Master(s).
I remember that. When we saw the first few cases, and remember that the flu doesn't take as long to recover, there were numerous calls, including from Democrat Eric Massa if I recall right, to close the Mexican border to slow its spread—but the powers that be pooh-poohed that suggestion because, according to them, community spread was already here and it would be useless.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
At the same time, Mr. Gingrich blasted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for saying Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that “as the president fiddles, people are dying,” calling her “despicable.”

Well stated,Mr.Gingrich!

ALL of it,not just what I quoted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!