Author Topic: In reversal, Georgia Gov. Kemp imposes tough limits amid dire new coronavirus projections  (Read 284 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/in-reversal-georgia-gov-kemp-imposes-tough-limits-amid-dire-new-coronavirus-projections/article_92bb5a20-2d77-5af0-84e8-8d674058657e.html

ATLANTA — For weeks, Gov. Brian Kemp stood firm. Repeatedly, he said the coronavirus pandemic in Georgia didn’t warrant the extreme social distancing measures that most other states were imposing.

Kemp publicly supported a patchwork of stay-at-home orders by Georgia cities and counties, even as his top aide chastised those local governments for “overreach.”

On Wednesday, amid dire projections of a steep increase in illness and death in the coming weeks, Kemp changed course.

“Those individuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt that,” he said of the symptoms. “We didn’t know that until the last 24 hours.”

I think I spy another Breitbart subscriber.  "Nobody knew," where have I heard that before a hundred times?   *hmmmm*
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:15:08 am by Once-Ler »