Author Topic: Top US General Issues Brutal Warning to Drug Cartels Trying to Take Advantage of COVID-19 Crisis  (Read 683 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Top US General Issues Brutal Warning to Drug Cartels Trying to Take Advantage of COVID-19 Crisis

Julio Rosas
|
 @Julio_Rosas11
|
Posted: Apr 01, 2020 6:35 PM

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley put drug cartels on notice if they are going to try to take advantage of the Wuhan coronavirus crisis within the United States during the White House press briefing on Wednesday.

Milley said the Department of Defense has received intelligence reports that the cartels will try to import large amounts of drugs and other contraband while law enforcement is more focused on coronavirus matters.

"We came upon some intelligence some time ago that the drug cartels as a result of COVID-19 were going to try to take advantage of the situation and try to infiltrate additional drugs into our country. Seven thousand Americans die on an average annual basis to drugs. That’s unacceptable. We’re at war with COVID-19. We’re at war with terrorists, and we are at war with the drug cartels as well," Milley said.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2020/04/01/mark-milley-drug-traffickers-will-not-be-able-to-take-advantage-of-covid19-chaos-n2566174

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jalisco-new-generation-gang-mexican-cartel-led-by-el-mencho-taking-over-everywhere/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:52:52 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Exactly why 4 months ago when Trump said he would designate Cartel Terrorists I cheered.  And of course he didn't do it.  And drug abuse is probably a disease that take many more lives than COVID.  It is ruining our country.  It is taking our children and loved ones.  Its a crisis.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:54:06 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes and if he had designated them as terrorists, people could pretty easily come into this country and demand asylum because the Cartels are designated terrorists. That might mean people living in a huge part of Mexico could claim this.

But Trump got leverage out of the situation, now, Mexico acts as a sort of wall to keep illegals out, illegals coming into the US has reportedly, gone way down because Mexican National Guard keeps them out. Maybe this would not have happened if Trump had designated cartels as terrorists. There is give and take. We don't live in a perfect world.

Offline goatprairie

If we act on the cartels inside our borders, and the cartels decide to react   violently in the U.S, then all restraints should be removed as to the U.S. acting on the cartels in Mexico.
I don't mean a full-scale invasion ala the Pershing expedition before our entrance in WW1 which failed to capture Pancho Villa.
I mean targeted drone strikes  or select special service squads inside Mexico to kill them on sight. The Mexican gov. can choose to ally with us or become an enemy. I don't trust their corrupt leaders, but we'd probably get agreement from them on doing bad things to cartel members.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:23:18 am by goatprairie »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
goat wrote:
"I don't mean a full-scale invasion ala the Pershing expedition before WW1 which failed to capture Pancho Villa.
I mean targeted drone strikes  or select special service squads inside Mexico to kill them on sight."

Fearless prediction:
If we did this, the cartels would strike back (here) with enough effectiveness and lethality that this would escalate to nothing less than a full scale military invasion into Mexico to wipe them out.

Which is probably going to happen eventually, anyway.

Offline goatprairie

goat wrote:
"I don't mean a full-scale invasion ala the Pershing expedition before WW1 which failed to capture Pancho Villa.
I mean targeted drone strikes  or select special service squads inside Mexico to kill them on sight."

Fearless prediction:
If we did this, the cartels would strike back (here) with enough effectiveness and lethality that this would escalate to nothing less than a full scale military invasion into Mexico to wipe them out.

Which is probably going to happen eventually, anyway.
If the Mexican gov. agreed to let us do the dirty work (doubtful), we could just put out enough reward money for informants to tell us the whereabouts of cartel hideouts.
Special ops. and drones could do the rest.
Getting the corrupt Mexican gov. to agree would be the hard part.
If the cartels strike back with suitable savagery, all bets are off. The Mexican gov. would have to like it or lump it what we'd do to the cartels.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yes and if he had designated them as terrorists, people could pretty easily come into this country and demand asylum because the Cartels are designated terrorists. That might mean people living in a huge part of Mexico could claim this.

But Trump got leverage out of the situation, now, Mexico acts as a sort of wall to keep illegals out, illegals coming into the US has reportedly, gone way down because Mexican National Guard keeps them out. Maybe this would not have happened if Trump had designated cartels as terrorists. There is give and take. We don't live in a perfect world.

It is well known that the Mexican government is heavily infiltrated by Drug Cartel.  They execute politicians that they don't want in the government. 

This sounds only like a deal with the devil.  If we continue to ignore the Cartel in our own country it is likely that our own government and law enforcement will suffer the same poison that Mexico swallowed.  As much as we all don't want illegal immigration we can't trade one evil for another.  And if you ask me.  The cure is worse than the disease.

Also we already allow people asylum as refuge from violent gangs. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Van and Bonnie in the Morning
The Mexican Cartel is taking over the Mexican government
Oct 24, 2019

The Mexican city of Culiacan lived under drug cartel terror for 12 hours as gang members forced the government to free a drug lord’s son, but in many parts of Mexico, the government ceded the battle to the gangs long ago. Ggunmen drove machine-gun mounted armored trucks through the streets. But in state after state, the Mexican government long ago relinquished effective control of whole towns, cities and regions to the drug cartels. Citizens say the cartels are the law...if you have a problem, you go to them..they solve it. The police are too afraid to enter the town of El Aguage. They did make a rare appearance last Monday and the were ambused by cartel gunmen. State police officers were short or burned to death in their vehicles.

Why is there not being more said in the news about our neighbor to the south and how this is going to affect the United States?

https://whoradio.iheart.com/content/2019-10-24-the-mexican-cartel-is-taking-over-the-mexican-government/

Drug Cartel operate in every major city in the U.S.  I-5 Mexican Drug Corridor.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Exactly why 4 months ago when Trump said he would designate Cartel Terrorists I cheered.  And of course he didn't do it. 

And as discussed months ago, the tradeoff was Mexico keeping "Remain in Mexico". If you prefer, the US can designate the cartels a terrorist organization and return to "catch and release" --- because "Remain in Mexico" is the only way to end catch and release without Congressional approval.

You choose.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It is well known that the Mexican government is heavily infiltrated by Drug Cartel.  They execute politicians that they don't want in the government. 

This sounds only like a deal with the devil.  If we continue to ignore the Cartel in our own country it is likely that our own government and law enforcement will suffer the same poison that Mexico swallowed.  As much as we all don't want illegal immigration we can't trade one evil for another.  And if you ask me.  The cure is worse than the disease.

Also we already allow people asylum as refuge from violent gangs.
Better than selling guns to them and letting them line heads up on the border to try to take guns away from Americans (Fast and Furious, anyone?).
We already have a cartel here. Most of them are Democrats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

Better than selling guns to them and letting them line heads up on the border to try to take guns away from Americans (Fast and Furious, anyone?).
We already have a cartel here. Most of them are Democrats.

Oh, good!  President Obama was an idiot, so Trump should be too! 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Cartel+in+every+major+US+city&docid=608026682723994415&mid=6D5F40A7482B6D923FC56D5F40A7482B6D923FC5&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Cartel+in+every+major+US+city&docid=608009996837651340&mid=5B750A145CFD20901E145B750A145CFD20901E14&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Here's where Mexican drug cartels operate in the US, according to the DEA

https://www.businessinsider.com/where-do-mexican-drug-cartels-operate-in-the-us-2017-10

This could have a devastating impact on their communities, as well as their families. Every year, drug addiction costs taxpayers nearly $534 billion, when costs involving health care, crime and law enforcement are taken into account, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
California Drug Rehab: How Much Does It Cost?
thecanyonmalibu.com/california-drug-rehab/costs/

https://thecanyonmalibu.com/california-drug-rehab/costs/

Cartel Violence in US | For the Record: Spillover
5,904 views•Apr 7, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meMfTB3qqLc

The Cartel and its Effect on the United States
December 15, 2015 stephen.buerger

The Cartel is one of the biggest crime organizations in the world.  They control a lot of what happens in Mexico and what they do not control themselves they are able to pay people off to control for them.  This is a big problem in Mexico and is now a growing problem for America.  The cartel can be compared to ISIS because of the brutal tactics they use the only difference is that money drives the cartel while religion drives ISIS.  How does this affect the United States though? The cartel effects how we patrol the border, our economy and the flow of drugs into the United States.

The cartel is one of the biggest drug manufactures in the world. The flow of drugs from Mexico to the United States is the biggest incomes for the cartel.  The cartel use to bring in a lot of the marijuana when it was illegal and hard to get ahold of.  Now though since marijuana is more accessible the cartel has moved more into methamphetamine.  They are still moving marijuana into the United States but now they are starting to transition into the harder drugs along with cocaine.  This helps fuels the wars on drugs and makes it so that there is continued support for it.  If there is a massive amount of drugs being moved over the border it makes it so there is more drugs in circulation making it harder for police to do their job.  Not only are their drugs going over the border but there are people coming over as well. 

https://hub.wsu.edu/law-justice-realtime/2015/12/15/the-cartel-and-its-effect-on-the-united-states/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Excuse me, but I just failed to see where Trump is playing pattycake with the Cartels, much less arming them.
I definitely don't advocate idiocy on the part of any American POTUS. (not sure where you pulled that from but it isn't as odor-free as you might think)
Yes, Virginia, they are in every state, and we saw a fair amount of that crap up here during the oil boom of late--they go where the money is, and if drugs don't sell, whores, slaves, and organized theft are still moneymakers.

Remind me again who is fighting to keep the Border open?
To legalize drugs?
To make it harder to evict people who are here illegally?
Who has "sanctuary cities"?
Who wants illegals to vote?
etc.?

Oh, yes, the Democrats!
Who, for all their posturing, fight daily to grease the skids for people like the cartels to operate here, importing drugs (some homegrown, some homemade, some from China). And despite the occasional 'if it bleeds it leads' piece, the MSM, en bloc, is right in there with them sugar coating the situation.

In the mean time, someone else is building a wall, or trying to, when he can get money past the Democrats.
Trying to end the Sanctuary Cities, and opposing the Cartels.

You can't peacefully remove the cartels from the US any more than you could negotiate with ISIS.
It will be bloody and the longer it waits, the worse and harder the task will be.
We do have one advantage over the Mexicans. We are still armed.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

Excuse me, but I just failed to see where Trump is playing pattycake with the Cartels, much less arming them.
I definitely don't advocate idiocy on the part of any American POTUS. (not sure where you pulled that from but it isn't as odor-free as you might think)
Yes, Virginia, they are in every state, and we saw a fair amount of that crap up here during the oil boom of late--they go where the money is, and if drugs don't sell, whores, slaves, and organized theft are still moneymakers.

Remind me again who is fighting to keep the Border open?
To legalize drugs?
To make it harder to evict people who are here illegally?
Who has "sanctuary cities"?
Who wants illegals to vote?
etc.?

Oh, yes, the Democrats!
Who, for all their posturing, fight daily to grease the skids for people like the cartels to operate here, importing drugs (some homegrown, some homemade, some from China). And despite the occasional 'if it bleeds it leads' piece, the MSM, en bloc, is right in there with them sugar coating the situation.

In the mean time, someone else is building a wall, or trying to, when he can get money past the Democrats.
Trying to end the Sanctuary Cities, and opposing the Cartels.

You can't peacefully remove the cartels from the US any more than you could negotiate with ISIS.
It will be bloody and the longer it waits, the worse and harder the task will be.
We do have one advantage over the Mexicans. We are still armed.

Well excuse me, but Trump was the one that suggested designating Cartel as terrorists.  At the time I believe I posted a thread on it.   I cheered the move, but he of course backed down.  If Cartels were designated terrorists it would:

reduce draw of illegal aliens who are looking to cross and be involved in Cartel business.
It would give all law enforcement broader authority to use everything to their advantage to fight Cartel (terrorists) including military.
It would send the strongest message to Mexico to clean up their government and route out Cartel or face whatever action taken militarily to protect our borders.

What Trump has done is trust the drug Cartel infected Mexican government to do our job for us.  Stay in Mexico isn't going to last.  And not only will it not last, but it is a façade that hides the reality of crime still coming across the border.

We might be stopping migrants, but crime in coming unabated.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 08:33:47 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

29 Facts About the Border and Mexican Cartels You Need to Know

22) U.S. diplomats are negotiating and playing along with the same Mexican politicians that protect cartels, in the interest of trade and diplomacy.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/01/08/29-facts-about-the-border-and-mexican-cartels-you-need-to-know/