Author Topic: Dr Fauci: security reportedly expanded as infectious disease expert faces threats  (Read 331 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is hardly "Health/Education" really, or at least stretching it but I don't believe I saw this story.  I do put a slight disclaimer on the story, does it have a slight bias? Maybe but the nuts and the bolts of the story are there, apparently, he is receiving unwanted messages. This is a strange time.

Dr Fauci: security reportedly expanded as infectious disease expert faces threats
Maanvi Singh

Reports say immunologist who has become celebrity amid coronavirus has received unwelcome messages from critics and supporters

Security for Dr Anthony Fauci, the 79-year-old infectious disease expert who has become a calm, reassuring foil to Donald Trump at coronavirus briefings, has been expanded, according to multiple reports.

While Fauci’s straight talk and willingness to gently correct the president’s outrageous exaggerations has drawn admiration from late-night talkshow hosts, professional basketball players and doughnut shop owners alike, the doctor has received threats and unwelcome communications from both critics and fervent admirers. The Washington Post first reported the news.

At a coronavirus taskforce briefing at the White House on Wednesday, Fauci declined to comment on whether he was receiving security protection, deferring to the health department’s inspector general.

Read more at:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/dr-fauci-security-reportedly-expanded-as-infectious-disease-expert-faces-threats

Offline Applewood

Read a similar story earlier and I have heard from people I know who use Twitter and Facebook (I don't) that there have been a number of conspiracy theories going around about the doctor -- that he is an agent of this supposed Deep State, that he has some ties to Hillary (although the only tie in I know of is that he once complimented her on something) and that he is being used by some nefarious forces to sow disinformaition in an effort to destroy Trump. 

This is what I don't like about conspiracy theories. They are put forth by people with an ax to grind with no proof to back them up.  But unfortunately, they attract a number of people with a lot of time on their hands who not only believe these theories, but also believe it's their duty to act upon them.  In this case, it's conceivable that one or more of these believers have decided they must take Dr. Fauci out before he accomplishes his supposed mission.

The doctor has impressive credentials and he has served under every president -- Republican and Democrat -- since President Reagan.  If he was an enemy of the state or some agent of dark forces, I think it would have been evident long before now.    I believe Dr. Fauci is doing his best to educate and inform and that's what all of us from the president on down need to combat this virus.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He brainwashed the President, VP, the unanimous Congress, the Governors, and the media.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/poll-recession-fears-coronavirus-us-economy

He will brainwash us all if someone doesn't stop him. /sarc