Author Topic: PROSECUTORS: ENGINEER DELIBERATELY RAN TRAIN OFF TRACKS IN ATTEMPT TO SMASH THE USNS MERCY  (Read 779 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
An engineer deliberately ran a train off the tracks at high speed near the Port of Los Angeles in an attempt to crash into and damage the USNS Mercy hospital ship, prosecutors say.

The Pacific Harbor Line train derailed Tuesday, running through the end of the track and crashing through barriers, finally coming to rest about 250 yards from the docked naval ship.

Federal prosecutors allege train engineer Eduardo Moreno, 44, of San Pedro intended to hit the ship, saying he thought it was "suspicious" and did not believe "the ship is what they say it's for.'"

The train crashed into a concrete barrier at the end of the track, smashed through a steel barrier and a chain-link fence, slid through one parking lot and then a second lot filled with gravel and hit a second chain-link fence. It came to rest after passing under a ramp leading to the Vincent Thomas Bridge. The train remained in that position Wednesday.

https://abc7.com/usns-mercy-coronavirus-train-crash-derailment/6069395
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That’s an act of terrorism. Send his sorry ass to GITMO.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Feds charge man with intentionally derailing train near USNS Mercy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 04:57:14 am »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-charge-man-who-intentionally-derailed-train-near-usns-mercy-n1174461

Authorities said the suspect told investigators he wanted to bring attention to the government's activities regarding COVID-19.

LOS ANGELES — Prosecutors charged a locomotive engineer who worked at the Port of Los Angeles with intentionally derailing a train at full speed near the Navy hospital ship Mercy because of suspicions over its activities surrounding COVID-19, according to a federal criminal complaint.

Eduardo Moreno, 44, of San Pedro, California, was charged with one count under a little-known train-wrecking statute that carries a maximum sentence of up to 20 years in the incident Tuesday, according to the 10-page criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles.
In his first interview with Los Angeles port police, Moreno acknowledged that he "did it," saying he was suspicious of the Mercy and believed it had an alternative purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover, the affidavit states.

Moreno also told investigators that he acted alone and had not planned the attempted attack, according to the affidavit. He said he knew that derailing and crashing the train would bring media attention and that "people could see for themselves," referring to the Mercy, according to the affidavit.

In a second interview with FBI agents, Moreno said "he did it out of the desire to 'wake people up,'" according to the affidavit. "Moreno stated that he thought that the U.S.N.S. Mercy was suspicious and did not believe 'the ship is what they say it's for,'" it said

More at link...

Anybody know if this is linked to Comet Ping Pong Pizzeria or the 60,000 sealed indictments?

Spelled Moreno, but pronounced Moron-o.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:02:35 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Another batsh*t crazy....and yes, a terrorist.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

This story sounded so crazy I had to read it a number of times and check a number of websites to believe this actually happened. Remember, it was April 1 yesterday.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Terrorist? Probably. But definitely of the rails.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

Terrorist? Probably. But definitely of the rails.
Obviously Chinese plot No. 1 Son. He used Chu-Chu....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Feds charge man with intentionally derailing train near USNS Mercy
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 05:22:50 pm »
Dunno, Once, I don't live in that guy's (very) mental universe.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:41:51 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Just_Victor

....finally coming to rest about 250 yards from the docked naval ship.

*arms stretched wide*
missed it by that much.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The reports don't actually say how fast the engine was moving (the event recorder will provide that), or how far from the end of the track it traveled before coming to a rest.

I'll tell you from personal experience:
Trains and engines that come off the track don't roll very far...  (heh)

Having said that, this guy sounds like the 180 degree opposite of Casey Jones. He won't be runnin' no engines no mo'... !

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That’s an act of terrorism. Send his sorry ass to GITMO.

Pity he didn't die.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Pity he didn't die.

Like a bullet train to the head.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wonder what democrat donor court appointed public  defender attorney will get the case?

1. First appearance charges, bail set. Public defender appointed

2. Next appearance the Public defendder asksg for bail reduction denied

3.  This dangerous person is locked up

4. Pleads innocent, by way of dimined capacity. Mental condition exam paid by govt.

5. an on and on. Eventually may use the TDS defense
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

I wonder what democrat donor court appointed public  defender attorney will get the case?

4. Pleads innocent, by way of dimined capacity. Mental condition exam paid by govt.

You left out "Released on PR"
Warrant issued for failure to appear...

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I'm pretty sure Moreno is a Cult45er.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm pretty sure Moreno is a Cult45er.

He made a statement that he believed the ship wasn't what people said it was or something to that effect.

That sounds more like a listener to the crap that Alex Jones spews.

Offline PeteS in CA

https://heavy.com/news/2020/04/eduardo-moreno-california-train-usns-mercy/

Eduardo Moreno: California Man Tried to Crash Train Into USNS Mercy, Feds Say

By Tom Cleary, Updated Apr 2, 2020 at 1:40pm
Eduardo Moreno is a California man and train engineer at the Port of Los Angeles who is accused of intentionally derailing his locomotive and trying to crash into the USNS Mercy, a Naval ship brought to San Pedro to help with the fight against the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. The 44-year-old Moreno admitted to running his train at a high rate of speed off the train tracks near the hospital ship, federal authorities said in a press release.

According to federal prosecutors, Moreno told FBI agents that he was concerned about why the hospital ship had really been brought to the Los Angeles area, saying he believed it could have been there as part of a plan for a government takeover or other COVID-19-related conspiracy theories. ...
In an affidavit filed by FBI Special Agent Douglas Swain, Moreno told the officer who arrested him, without provocation, statements such as, “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will. At night, they turn off the lights and don’t let anyone in. I’m going to expose this to the world. When was the last time you went to Dodgers’ stadium? We might not be able to go again.”

In an interview with police, Moreno said he was not sick, but he had been watching what was going on with the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and the medical ship. He said he was “putting all the pieces together,” and “they are segregating us and it needs to be put in the open,” according to the affidavit. ...]Eduardo Moreno is a California man and train engineer at the Port of Los Angeles who is accused of intentionally derailing his locomotive and trying to crash into the USNS Mercy, a Naval ship brought to San Pedro to help with the fight against the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. The 44-year-old Moreno admitted to running his train at a high rate of speed off the train tracks near the hospital ship, federal authorities said in a press release.

According to federal prosecutors, Moreno told FBI agents that he was concerned about why the hospital ship had really been brought to the Los Angeles area, saying he believed it could have been there as part of a plan for a government takeover or other COVID-19-related conspiracy theories. ...
In an affidavit filed by FBI Special Agent Douglas Swain, Moreno told the officer who arrested him, without provocation, statements such as, “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will. At night, they turn off the lights and don’t let anyone in. I’m going to expose this to the world. When was the last time you went to Dodgers’ stadium? We might not be able to go again.”

In an interview with police, Moreno said he was not sick, but he had been watching what was going on with the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and the medical ship. He said he was “putting all the pieces together,” and “they are segregating us and it needs to be put in the open,” according to the affidavit. ...

There's a lot more in the article, context, Moreno, his family. The guy was born and raised in the US. His wife seems to be on a different or very different page than he is.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:37:58 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.