Author Topic: Mnuchin says Social Security recipients will automatically get coronavirus checks  (Read 453 times)

Offline mrclose

There was mass confusion earlier today on this.

To receive a 'stimulus' check, the IRS was saying that folks had to file their taxes even if they were only receiving social security.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/irs-tax-returns-coronavirus-rebates-sparks-pushback

That has been cleared up!

The Treasury Department said late Wednesday that Social Security recipients who typically don't file tax returns will automatically receive their coronavirus relief checks and will not have to file tax returns to receive their payments.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/490727-mnuchin-social-security-recipients-will-automatically-get-coronavirus-checks

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A zillion illegal aliens breathe a collective sigh of relief...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

I'm filing my ol ladys taxes tomorrow online, she didn't pay $hit in or filed the last 3 or 4 years but she has a couple of W2's from 2019 and she needs to be on record, I figure, in case your Great, great grandkids are that compassionate.
   Talk about 'dirt poor', her Ford broke down again and that was her home till she reached out to me yesterday.  We filed the claim today that she finished her community service for a Failure to Appear for a PI 2 years ago, so hopefully she can get a valid Texas Drivers license after I figure out how to get her Birth Certificate from El Paso without a proper ID.  What a CF.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:51:20 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I'm filing my ol ladys taxes tomorrow online, she didn't pay $hit in or filed the last 3 or 4 years but she has a couple of W2's from 2019 and she needs to be on record, I figure, in case your Great, great grandkids are that compassionate.
   Talk about 'dirt poor', her Ford broke down again and that was her home till she reached out to me yesterday.  We filed the claim today that she finished her community service for a Failure to Appear for a PI 2 years ago, so hopefully she can get a valid Texas Drivers license after I figure out how to get her Birth Certificate from El Paso without a proper ID.  What a CF.

Wow.  It's very kind and compassionate of you to take on that responsibility.  Living in her Ford?  That's pretty rock bottom. Sad.  She is fortunate to have you to reach out to.  God Bless you @corbe   CF's are what makes life interesting.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

Did she have work IDs, old school IDs, baptism records any of that? It's a pain trying to reestablish your identity.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

No, @Smokin Joe she has only a paper COPY of an expired TX Drivers License and of course auto insurance.  I've printed out a TX form of Validity of Person that will hopefully be notarized today if they will accept her only form of ID, which is doubtful.
   All the Liquor Stores and Police Dept's in a 100 mile radius could certainly vouch for her.
   Fortunately, she's off the Jim Beam and cleans up very well so things are looking up, for now.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

No, @Smokin Joe she has only a paper COPY of an expired TX Drivers License and of course auto insurance.  I've printed out a TX form of Validity of Person that will hopefully be notarized today if they will accept her only form of ID, which is doubtful.
   All the Liquor Stores and Police Dept's in a 100 mile radius could certainly vouch for her.
   Fortunately, she's off the Jim Beam and cleans up very well so things are looking up, for now.
Good luck to you both.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe