Author Topic: Rush: Should Trump Be Wary of the Advice He’s Getting?  (Read 502 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Should Trump Be Wary of the Advice He’s Getting?

Mar 31, 2020

RUSH: Mary Jo, Western Illinois, as we return to the phones. Great to have you with us on the EIB Network today. Hi, Mary Jo.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Thanks a lot. You talk about not trusting what the ChiComs tell us.

RUSH: That’s right.

CALLER: I’m not real sure that I believe what this government’s telling us. I think this is a major power grab, and they’re overrunning President Trump on this whole thing. In Illinois, we have 102 counties, 52 counties have the virus. So we got 50 counties that don’t. I’m one of them. And in Chicago, we’ve had 101 people killed in the first three months of this year, and you have 73 deaths in the whole state of Illinois. I mean, that’s just —

RUSH: Now, wait, wait, wait. The 101 people killed, you mean not coronavirus?

CALLER: Right. Murders. Shootings. You know how it is in Chicago.

RUSH: Oh, yeah, the neighborhood stuff that goes on all the time. Sure.

CALLER: Right. And we’ve had 73 deaths in the whole state, and they’re — I don’t know. It’s really getting scary to me.

RUSH: Well, you know, one of the things that — before I was absent for a couple weeks, you go back to 2009 and 2010, the swine flu numbers in this country are staggering.

CALLER: Right. Tell people to go to that website and look it up. We never heard a word about it.

RUSH: No, we didn’t. We didn’t shut down the government. We didn’t do anything to change people’s behavior. We didn’t make people stay at home. We didn’t do anything.

CALLER: Do you think — I don’t know. I think sometimes Donald Trump is almost too trusting, that he trusts these people. I don’t trust ’em at all, that Fauci and what’s her name.

RUSH: Well —

CALLER: I know he’s in a tough spot.

RUSH: Yeah, I know. I know what you mean. I know what you mean. And I, as the expert communicator, I’ll bet you that I can voice exactly what you fear is happening here. And because it has happened throughout the Trump administration. Here’s what happens. Some kind of crisis — like let’s go back to the first six months. Trump tried to work with the system to get Obamacare repealed and replaced. The Republicans in the House thought that he actually was guilty of colluding with China so they didn’t help. For the first six months, Trump tried to work within the system and found out that the system was trying to subvert him.

Trump wanted unity — he thought there would be — he told me this. He thought there would be unity. After enough time went by the Republicans finally figured out this whole Russia thing was a scam, it was a hoax, and so they began working with him on things. And you are believing that Trump should have known from the get-go that he was not being helped and should have run roughshod over these people from the get-go. So now we come to this. You believe that Trump ought to know that there are forces arrayed against him rather than trying to help him in the health community here —

CALLER: Absolutely.

RUSH: — and you’re worried — he’ll figure it out, but it’s gonna take a while because Donald Trump likes people. He invests in people. He gives them a chance. And it doesn’t take long. Once he finds out that they’re not working to help him or subvert him, then he does what you want him to do. And you’re fearing he’s not there yet. You’re fearing he’s still relying on people who are trying to undermine him.

CALLER: Yeah, I think he’s too trusting. I think he’s not mean enough.

RUSH: It’s not trusting. It’s desirable. He wants this to work.

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: He wants the people that are in these positions to be helping him. He wants everybody to work together to fix this. He’s gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

CALLER: Yeah. He has, I think the thought, that everybody is for the good of the country, and that’s not true. We can see that everywhere.

RUSH: Well, it’s a hope. I think he knows that’s not the case simply by the presence of CNN every day and the way they broadcast and the snarkiness in the briefing. He knows. But Trump believes he can overcome all of that. He believes he has the power to persuade and overcome. And up to now he’s been able — look what he did in the rebuilding of the economy in three years. The fear for me is look how little time it has taken to wipe it all out. At any rate, I know exactly, I know exactly how you feel out there, Mary Jo. I’m glad you called. I gotta go.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/03/31/should-trump-be-wary-of-the-advice-hes-getting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Rush: Should Trump Be Wary of the Advice He’s Getting?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:05:22 pm »
As referenced in another thread, it certainly appears Trump and Steve Bannon have had similar ideas on this matter. Bannon must still communicate quite a bit with the White House.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 07:12:15 pm »
Unfortunately, Trump is at the mercy of "medical experts".  Trump is a good entrepreneur, businessman and has shown tremendous leadership as our president, he however doesn't have a medical background.  Perhaps this is where he needs to "buddy up" to Dr. Ben Carson.

Right now we have doctors saying that the public should be wearing masks and our Surgeon General siding with the CDC and WHO saying that we shouldn't be wearing masks.  So, who should we believe??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 08:42:15 pm »
So Trump is a sound judge of character and competence in subordinates, is he???
A glance as his executive appointments since day 1 produces curiosity to amazement
to hysterical laughter. Recall 3 Musketeers, Sessions, Spicer and Scaramouche???

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 05:02:59 pm »
Wait for it:

So Trump is a sound judge of character and competence in subordinates, is he???
A glance as his executive appointments since day 1 produces curiosity to amazement
to hysterical laughter. Recall 3 Musketeers, Sessions, Spicer and Scaramouche???

Ah, yes, the ad hom attacks on someone.  It is almost predictable but while here, I'd urge one to see that Sean Spicer has a show on Newsmax every day.  I am seeing 4 PM CST. 

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 05:13:46 pm »
Wait for it:

Ah, yes, the ad hom attacks on someone.  It is almost predictable but while here, I'd urge one to see that Sean Spicer has a show on Newsmax every day.  I am seeing 4 PM CST.
------------------------------
Dumas' Musketeers were characters drawn for ridicule.
Sessions, Spicer and Scaramouche are their kin.