Author Topic: CNN's Chris Cuomo Has Coronavirus  (Read 1185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN's Chris Cuomo Has Coronavirus
« on: March 31, 2020, 04:10:03 pm »
 Newsmax Wires    |   Tuesday, 31 March 2020 11:55 AM

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo has been diagnosed with COVID-19, the cable news network said Tuesday.

"In these difficult times that seem to get more difficult and complicated by the day, I just found out that I am positive for coronavirus," Cuomo said on Twitter.
He plans to continue anchoring "Cuomo Prime Time" from home.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/us/cnn-chris-cuomo-corinavirus/2020/03/31/id/960721/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: CNN's Chris Cuomo Has Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 04:23:17 pm »
I don't like the guy, but as with everyone else, I wish him well and if he has symptoms, I pray for his recovery.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 04:28:26 pm »
Prayers up for the Cuomo family -- now it is even more personal for the governor of NY.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 04:45:28 pm »
CNN Host Chris Cuomo Tests Positive for Coronavirus
Breitbart, Mar 31, 2020

CNN primetime anchor Christopher Cuomo has tested positive for the Chinese coronavirus, the network revealed in a staff memo on Tuesday morning.

Cuomo, host of Cuomo Prime Time, is “feeling well” and will continue to work from his home, according to the memo.

The anchor confirmed the news in a tweet, saying he has recently experienced “fever, chills, and shortness of breath.”

“I just hope I didn’t give it to the kids and Cristina. That would make me feel worse than this illness!” he wrote.

The development comes one day after Cuomo interviewed his older brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), about his state’s ongoing efforts to combat the deadly pandemic.

Gov. Cuomo addressed his brother’s diagnosis during his daily press briefing, assuring that he is “going to be fine.”

“He is young in good shape, strong, not as strong as he thinks, but he will be fine but there’s a lesson in this,” the governor said. “He’s an essential worker, member of the press, he’s been out there, you go out there, the chance you get infected is very high. I spoke to him this morning.”

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/03/31/cnn-host-chris-cuomo-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/?__twitter_impression=true

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 04:45:58 pm »
"I don't want anything to happen to him while our mother is still alive."

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 04:50:59 pm »
I don't like the guy, but as with everyone else, I wish him well and if he has symptoms, I pray for his recovery.
Ditto....

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 04:55:51 pm »
You can bet he'll get plenty of hydroxychloroquine

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 05:37:41 pm »
@mystery-ak

I watch Cuomo every evening.  He is his true self when reporting/speaking and talking with guests on his show.  He is also a Catholic Christian and that is obvious when he finishes talking with a guest.

His show last evening was from the basement of his house.  He did not say he was positive.  I thought maybe he had been around someone who was positive and he was taking precaution by being in his basement. Today, he said he is positive.  He had/has a fever and breathing problems.  He has a wife and children upstairs.  Certainly they were exposed before he had the symptoms.  I will pray for him and his wife and children.  If the breathing gets worse, he is going to be in hospital on a ventilator.

Do you know what you are like when on a ventilator?
Consider the rest in "quotes":

What To Expect While on a Ventilator- Ventilator/Ventilator Support

Ventilators normally don't cause pain. The breathing tube in your airway may cause some discomfort. It also affects your ability to talk and eat.

If your breathing tube is a trach tube, you may be able to talk. (A trach tube is put directly into your windpipe through a hole in the front of your neck.)

Instead of food, your health care team may give you nutrients through a tube inserted into a vein. If you're on a ventilator for a long time, you'll likely get food through a nasogastric, or feeding, tube. The tube goes through your nose or mouth or directly into your stomach or small intestine through a surgically made hole.

A ventilator greatly restricts your activity and also limits your movement. You may be able to sit up in bed or in a chair, but you usually can't move around much.
(End "Quote")

If you click on the link below, you will see a diagram of a person on a ventilator and description of each attachment on the body, plus more written about it.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/ventilatorventilator-support

I hope none of you get this virus.  We go on line to Kroger and Walmart, very close to us, just a few miles away, and make a grocery order, we are given a time to pick it up.  Bob goes there and someone brings it to the car.  He did that yesterday at Walmart, there are parking places designated to those picking up groceries.  A young man brought the groceries to the car and Bob was going to give him a tip ($5).  He said they could not take tips.  Soooo, Bob said, "I am going to drop this bill out the window and the wind is going to blow it to you.  Someone is going to pick it up, so it might as well be you."  The young man laughed, Bob dropped the bill and he picked it up.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 06:00:25 pm »
@mystery-ak

I watch Cuomo every evening.  He is his true self when reporting/speaking and talking with guests on his show.  He is also a Catholic Christian and that is obvious when he finishes talking with a guest.

His show last evening was from the basement of his house.  He did not say he was positive.  I thought maybe he had been around someone who was positive and he was taking precaution by being in his basement. Today, he said he is positive.  He had/has a fever and breathing problems.  He has a wife and children upstairs.  Certainly they were exposed before he had the symptoms.  I will pray for him and his wife and children.  If the breathing gets worse, he is going to be in hospital on a ventilator.

Consider the rest in "quotes":

What To Expect While on a Ventilator- Ventilator/Ventilator Support

Ventilators normally don't cause pain. The breathing tube in your airway may cause some discomfort. It also affects your ability to talk and eat.

If your breathing tube is a trach tube, you may be able to talk. (A trach tube is put directly into your windpipe through a hole in the front of your neck.)

Instead of food, your health care team may give you nutrients through a tube inserted into a vein. If you're on a ventilator for a long time, you'll likely get food through a nasogastric, or feeding, tube. The tube goes through your nose or mouth or directly into your stomach or small intestine through a surgically made hole.

A ventilator greatly restricts your activity and also limits your movement. You may be able to sit up in bed or in a chair, but you usually can't move around much.
(End "Quote")

If you click on the link below, you will see a diagram of a person on a ventilator and description of each attachment on the body, plus more written about it.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/ventilatorventilator-support

I hope none of you get this virus.  We go on line to Kroger and Walmart, very close to us, just a few miles away, and make a grocery order, we are given a time to pick it up.  Bob goes there and someone brings it to the car.  He did that yesterday at Walmart, there are parking places designated to those picking up groceries.  A young man brought the groceries to the car and Bob was going to give him a tip ($5).  He said they could not take tips.  Soooo, Bob said, "I am going to drop this bill out the window and the wind is going to blow it to you.  Someone is going to pick it up, so it might as well be you."  The young man laughed, Bob dropped the bill and he picked it up.
I picked my groceries up at Walmart yesterday.  I even got them to load 10 sacks of manure into the back of my truck along with the groceries.  Thank goodness for this service.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 06:08:08 pm »
@Victoria33

I was on a ventilator right after my cardiac arrest -- standard operating procedure, I guess.  That was the ultimate in discomfort.  I kept wanting to pull the *bleeping* tube out, so the nurses restrained my arms for the first day or so.  Of course, for some reason no one bothered to issue orders to take the durn thing out till days later when a resident physician came in and asked me why was I still on the ventilator after all that time?  Of course, I couldn't answer, so she went out to the nurse's station and was told there were no orders to remove it.  Well, either this resident or one of the nurses got in touch with my cardiologist who then finally ordered the thing removed. 

After removal, I couldn't talk above a whisper, but I was told that my voice should come back in a couple of weeks.  Well, it didn't and not only that, I felt sometimes like I was choking.  Was sent to an ENT who said I had a fungus around my larynx, likely caused by the breathing tube having been left in too long.  Only way to remove the fungus was surgery, but my cardiologist said, no way -- too soon after the cardiac arrest.    Well, after a couple of months the choking feeling got so bad, I ended up having emergency surgery to remove the fungus.  Better now, but what an awful experience!  I hope and pray no one else on a ventilator has to go through the same thing.  In fact, I pray people can avoid the ventilator if at all possible.

About grocery pickup and delivery -- I'm glad you and your husband are able to take advantage of those services and I encourage others to do so if they can.   Since I'm supposed to self-isolate because of age and health issues, I've been trying to get delivery from either Giant Eagle (the main supermarket in these parts), Aldi or Walmart.  Not going so well.  Almost impossible to schedule deliveries or even pickups.  I did get a delivery from Walmart yesterday, but only after going online to the website at 3 am on Sunday.  Seems these stores have few if any dates and times available and if an opening does occur, you have to be online in the wee hours of the morning  to hold that date and time   The stores are having a hard time keeping up with the volume of orders (not enough employees to do the shopping and/or not enough delivery people).  Some stores use outside delivery services like Shipt or Instacart, and last I heard Instacart employees were going to walk off the job -- allegedly because of unsafe working conditions, but I suspect it's some union ploy to wrangle higher pay and benefits for these delivery people (and maybe establish themselves as representatives of these workers where they are not unionized). 

Anyway,, both grocery pickup and delivery are a real mess here.   Hope where you are, both stay good.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:38:51 pm by Applewood »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 06:08:31 pm »
@mystery-ak

He is unquestionably the fairest commentator on CNN.
I did not, so thank you.  I kind of know what it is like to need a ventilator and there isn't one, because I have been suffocated in my life.  It sucks not being able to breath.  I still can't imagine what it would be like to die like that.

I liked your tip story @Victoria33   

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 06:10:16 pm »
How was it so available (and fast) for Cuomo to get tested?  We can't get a test without a medical evac, and then have to wait almost a week for the results.  Meanwhile, another day of quarantine in the books.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 06:14:03 pm »
How was it so available (and fast) for Cuomo to get tested?  We can't get a test without a medical evac, and then have to wait almost a week for the results.  Meanwhile, another day of quarantine in the books.
I've heard he knows the Governor of New York.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 06:15:16 pm »

Where I live, there are several testing locations and the criteria varies.  With some you have to have symptoms or have been exposed to someone else who tested positive.  Some don't want you to show up if you are sick -- only of you think you were exposed.  Some require a doctor's order for the test.  Some don't  Some require insurance, some don't.  And the time for results varies from hours to days, depending on what site you go to.    It's mass confusion.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 07:01:03 pm »
@Hoodat

News companies are included in "essential" services for the public.  If he had it, everyone in the news building where he was, could get it.  It was vital to know if he should be removed to prevent massive infections.  He had it, and is removed.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 07:24:56 pm »
@Hoodat

News companies are included in "essential" services for the public.  If he had it, everyone in the news building where he was, could get it.  It was vital to know if he should be removed to prevent massive infections.  He had it, and is removed.

I am also in the "essential" group, quarantined in an isolated workplace with co-workers.  We just aren't part of the 'anointed' class.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 07:26:47 pm »
I am also in the "essential" group, quarantined in an isolated workplace with co-workers.  We just aren't part of the 'anointed' class.

Yeah, me too.  At my age and station, I wonder if it is worth it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 07:31:57 pm »
@Hoodat @Lando Lincoln You guys are heroes.  Stay healthy.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 07:39:58 pm »
@Hoodat @Lando Lincoln You guys are heroes.  Stay healthy.

I'm no hero.  Just trying to earn a paycheck, serve my customer, and support my family.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 07:40:26 pm »
@Hoodat

If one of your group began to have fever and labored breathing, that person would be taken out to a doctor.  Same with any other company. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 07:43:46 pm »

It shouldn't take that long to get results unless the hospital is sending it out to a lab. Here in Ohio, the health department is getting them in Columbus and turning them around the same day.

Still, the most critical patients are getting the testing first and health care responders are as well.

The head of radiology at OSU Wexner Medical Center just died from the disease.

I would guess she got tested quickly, but it didn't help her survive.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 07:44:33 pm »
@Hoodat

If one of your group began to have fever and labored breathing, that person would be taken out to a doctor.  Same with any other company.

Once evacuated, that person gets tested.  And then we wait.  For days.  Hoping no one else gets sick.  Quarantine began when first positive test came back.  Two more evacuated and tested since then.  Still waiting for results to see if quarantine gets extended.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 07:46:48 pm »
Once evacuated, that person gets tested.  And then we wait.  For days.  Hoping no one else gets sick.  Quarantine began when first positive test came back.  Two more evacuated and tested since then.  Still waiting for results to see if quarantine gets extended.

You need to find out quickly.  I would contact someone in your state's health department and find out why it's taking so long.

It shouldn't be............. not for anyone.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 07:52:21 pm »
Maybe I should change my name to Chris Cuomo.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 07:52:55 pm »
I'm no hero.  Just trying to earn a paycheck, serve my customer, and support my family.

Again, me too.  Stay well.  Please.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck