Author Topic: Dr. Fauci: Coronavirus Could Return in Fall  (Read 427 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dr. Fauci: Coronavirus Could Return in Fall
« on: March 31, 2020, 02:47:54 pm »
Joel B. Pollak30 Mar 20201,168
2:48

Dr. Anthony Fauci told reporters on Monday that the world could experience another outbreak of coronavirus in the fall, even if the virus fades in the summer.

He added, however, that we would be more prepared.

The following exchange took place in the Rose Garden (via White House transcript):

Q: Mr. President, Dr. Fauci has warned that this could be a seasonal, cyclical virus. So — and maybe both of you could comment on this, and Dr. Birx as well. Are you prepared for this to strike again, say, in the fall? All of the efforts that are taking place right now to contain this, to be proactive, and you —

President Donald Trump: Yeah. We’re prepared. I hope it doesn’t happen. Doctor, would you like to say something about that? I hope it doesn’t happen, but we’re certainly prepared.

Dr. Fauci: In fact, I would anticipate that that would actually happen because of the degree of transmissibility. However, if you come back in the fall, it will be a totally different ballgame of what happened when we first got hit with it in the beginning of this year. There’ll be several things that’ll be different. Our ability to go out and be able to test, identify, isolate, and contact trace will be orders of magnitude better than what it was just a couple of months ago.

In addition, we have a number of clinical trials that are looking at a variety of therapeutic interventions. We hope one or more of them will be available.

And importantly, as I mentioned to you many times at these briefings, is that we have a vaccine that’s on track and multiple other candidates.

So I would anticipate that, you know, a year to a year and a half, we’d be able to do it under an emergency use. If we start seeing an efficacy signal, we may be able to even use a vaccine at the next season. So things are going to be very, very different.

What we’re going through now is going to be more than just lessons learned; it’s going to be things that we have available to us that we did not have before.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/30/dr-fauci-coronavirus-could-return-in-fall/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Dr. Fauci: Coronavirus Could Return in Fall
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 06:10:31 pm »
I have talked with a retired pharmacist I know who says the same thing, ie - it will return in a vengeance in October/November, when the normal flu season episode begins.

He also mentioned that the worst situation would be a mutation of the current strain that would change things dramatically.  That second wave is what killed so many people during the Spanish flu
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 06:19:33 pm »
IMHO Covid19 is not going away this summer.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 06:45:05 pm »
Thanks, China.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 12:19:44 am »
Regardless of the time frame that the experts tell us it will take to develop a vaccine, this process is going to need to be accelerated so that it becomes available in at least an "advanced testing phase" by, say, October or November.

I wouldn't be surprised if China has something even sooner, but of course their precautions insofar as ensuring safety go may be (cough) "less than ours".

But if they get something out by summer, and it appears to work, we'd be foolish not to take a good look at it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 12:27:50 am »
IMHO Covid19 is not going away this summer.

I tend to agree, but am holding out some hope.  South Florida has had temps in the mid 80's - 90's and we now have over 6,500 cases.  Our humidity has been relatively low and I am hoping that when we get our months with higher humidity that will have some impact on this virus.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.