Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh questions Trump's coronavirus team: 'How do we know they're even health experts?'  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/27/rush-limbaugh-questions-trumps-coronavirus-team-ho/

Rush Limbaugh on Friday suggested health experts leading the U.S. government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic are part of the “deep state” and questioned their credentials.

Without mentioning names, the conservative commentator spoke skeptically of medical professionals at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institutes of Health who are helming the Trump administration’s handling of the novel coronavirus, which has killed more than 1,000 people across the country within the past several weeks.

He made the remarks while calling into his long-running radio program, which he has not hosted for two weeks while seeking medical treatment for advanced lung cancer.

“You know, we’ve talked about the deep state all these years since Trump was elected, the Trump-Russia collusion, the FBI — well, the deep state extends very deeply,” Mr. Limbaugh said. “And the American people did not elect a bunch of health experts that we don’t know. We didn’t elect a president to defer to a bunch of health experts that we don’t know.

“And how do we know they’re even health experts? ‘Well, they wear white lab coats and they’ve been in the job for a while and they’re at the CDC and they’re at the NIH.’ Well, yeah, they’ve been there and they are there, but has there been any job assessment for them? They’re just assumed to be the best because they’re in government, but these are all kinds of things that I’ve been questioning,” he said during the “Rush Limbaugh Show.”

More of Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh at link

I know President Trump's coronavirus team are experts because my President, and still your President too Rush, Donald J Trump told me, and he only picks the best.
Maybe it's time to hang up the mic, Sir.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
In fairness to Rush's assessment, all these so called experts have been THERE for decades.

And with what I know, way too many of them are anti Trumpers, and I would not doubt for a second many would do whatever was needed to destroy Trump.

In fairness to Rush's assessment, all these so called experts have been THERE for decades.

And with what I know, way too many of them are anti Trumpers, and I would not doubt for a second many would do whatever was needed to destroy Trump.

I have faith that God would not send his only begotten Trump during this trying time just to have him be fooled by the Deep State.

Offline PeteS in CA

Deborah Birx - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Birx

Jerome Adams - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Adams

Ben Carson - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

Anthony Fauci - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fauci

Stephen Hahn - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hahn_(oncologist)

Robert R. Redfield - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_R._Redfield

Seema Verma - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seema_Verma

On one hand, it has been obvious than there are long-termers in government who have fought Trump to protect their positions and impose their ideas. And the FDA and CDC have processes that are all but incompatible with swift response to pandemics. On the other, Trump's task force has a lot of medical expertise at its core (see above), plus people  with a broad range of expertise and authority to implement/coordinate responses.

To date, the actions of the Trump Administration have been largely timely and effective. The three Federal-level screw-ups I'm aware of have been the initial batch of CDC test kits that were ineffective due to contamination (compounded by FDA regs restricting what tests could be used), the FDA slow-walking an Ohio company's 2016 approval request for a process that "cleans" N95 masks, making them reusable, and the failure of the Feds from 2010 onward to replenish the Federal stockpile of respirator masks. All of which have been dealt with.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:12:23 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Deborah Birx - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Birx

Jerome Adams - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Adams

Ben Carson - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

Anthony Fauci - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fauci

Stephen Hahn - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hahn_(oncologist)

Robert R. Redfield - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_R._Redfield

Seema Verma - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seema_Verma

On one hand, it has been obvious than there are long-termers in government who have fought Trump to protect their positions and impose their ideas. And the FDA and CDC have processes that are all but incompatible with swift response to pandemics. On the other, Trump's task force has a lot of medical expertise at its core (see above), plus people  with a broad range of expertise and authority to implement responses.

To date, the actions of the Trump Administration have been largely timely and effective. The three Federal-level screw-ups I'm aware of have been the initial batch of CDC test kits that were ineffective due to contamination (compounded by FDA regs restricting what tests could be used), the FDA slow-walking an Ohio company's 2016 approval request for a process that "cleans" N95 masks, making them reusable, and the failure of the Feds from 2010 onward to replenish the Federal stockpile of respirator masks. All of which have been dealt with.
goopo

Offline Applewood

Limbaugh is all wet as usual.  Dr. Fauci has impressive credentials.  And as to conspiracy theories that he  has a pro-Democrat, anti-Trump bias, or my favorite --that he has ties to the "Clinton Crime Family" well, Dr, Fauci has served under every president, Republican and Democrat, since President Reagan.  I should think if he had any bias or said or did things that could potentially be harmful to us or be somehow unsavory or even criminal, I think those things would have been evident long before this virus. 

Dr. Fauci is the voice of reason and he knows what he's talking about.  It's too bad Trump doesn't seem to trust him and apparently, neither do Limbaugh and other Trump supporters. 

Limbaugh is all wet as usual.  Dr. Fauci has impressive credentials.  And as to conspiracy theories that he  has a pro-Democrat, anti-Trump bias, or my favorite --that he has ties to the "Clinton Crime Family" well, Dr, Fauci has served under every president, Republican and Democrat, since President Reagan.  I should think if he had any bias or said or did things that could potentially be harmful to us or be somehow unsavory or even criminal, I think those things would have been evident long before this virus. 

Dr. Fauci is the voice of reason and he knows what he's talking about.  It's too bad Trump doesn't seem to trust him and apparently, neither do Limbaugh and other Trump supporters.

Great post.  Agreed @Applewood

Offline musiclady

I wish I had known years ago that Rush was no more than an entertainer.

I would have saved a lot of afternoons and used them for more productive things.

The longer I'm away from Rush, the more I can see what he's really up to.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

They were there in 2009 and 2014, what did they do?

Offline dfwgator

And the CDC has been more concerned with fighting Climate Change, than with fighting Pandemics.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Just my opinion:  Rush is usually right, he and the President of Brazil though, miss the mark totally with me on something like this. I've dismissed what he said and watched to see if it could somehow be correct.

I would have saved a lot of afternoons and used them for more productive things.

He didn't used to be this way.  He used to be equal time to the MSM.  Now they are both still opposites but now they both just offer venom.  Rush used to emulate the optimistic tone of Reagan's Make America Great Again now replaced with sinister tones of your neighbors want to destroy you.

And the CDC has been more concerned with fighting Climate Change, than with fighting Pandemics.
Not lately.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

:yowsa:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline skeeter

When if comes to the US response to this pandemic the CDC is definitely bringing up the rear.

Offline musiclady

He didn't used to be this way.  He used to be equal time to the MSM.  Now they are both still opposites but now they both just offer venom.  Rush used to emulate the optimistic tone of Reagan's Make America Great Again now replaced with sinister tones of your neighbors want to destroy you.

Agree.   

There was a time when Rush was a lifeline. I don't know if he was genuine back then, but he was important as a voice we needed to hear to not feel alone.

If he had retired years ago, I would still respect him.

But he didn't.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
I have faith that God would not send his only begotten Trump during this trying time just to have him be fooled by the Deep State.

Since it's now been established that Limbaugh was perpetrating a fraud on his audience when he pretended to care about the federal deficit prior to 2016, I can't help but wonder if he ever mentioned the existence of this nefarious "Deep State" prior to 2016.

Actually, I don't wonder. Rush tells people what they want to hear and confirms their biases under the guise of truth-telling. I was one of those people.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline musiclady

Since it's now been established that Limbaugh was perpetrating a fraud on his audience when he pretended to care about the federal deficit prior to 2016, I can't help but wonder if he ever mentioned the existence of this nefarious "Deep State" prior to 2016.

Actually, I don't wonder. Rush tells people what they want to hear and confirms their biases under the guise of truth-telling. I was one of those people.

Me too.

Offline Mesaclone

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/27/rush-limbaugh-questions-trumps-coronavirus-team-ho/

More of Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh at link

I know President Trump's coronavirus team are experts because my President, and still your President too Rush, Donald J Trump told me, and he only picks the best.
Maybe it's time to hang up the mic, Sir.

I just happened to be listening to Rush today...though not the full 3 hours...which is unusual for me.

What you're asserting is a gross mischaracterization of what the man said on the radio today. He asserted that many of these folks were hard Left types who were pro-Global Warming Hysteria and in some cases wildly NeverTrump...and that they were a part of government that was frequently working to undermine Presidential policies. He questioned that some of them truly were the brightest minds in their health care fields...and its likely true that the smartest of the smart folks in this field ARE in private industry or out in the field rather than occupying government offices.

ALL that Rush stated was reasonable and clear...its comical that anyone could take the common sense and level headed commentary he gave today on the radio and act as if it was some sort of irrational/paranoid diatribe about the Deep State. It wasn't...not even remotely.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:12:18 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Applewood

Gave up on all the talking heads when I had to give up my overpriced cable package in favor of a cheap basic package.  So no more Fox, CNN or any of the other yappers' networks.  You know what?  I didn't realize how much those nattering nabobs were stressing me out until they were gone from my life.  The relief from not listening to these purveyors of hot air was tremendous.

Offline skeeter

I just happened to be listening to Rush today...though not the full 3 hours...which is unusual for me.

What you're asserting is a gross mischaracterization of what the man said on the radio today. He asserted that many of these folks were hard Left types who were pro-Global Warming Hysteria and in some cases wildly NeverTrump...and that they were a part of government that was frequently working to undermine Presidential policies. He questioned that some of them truly were the brightest minds in their health care fields...and its likely true that the smartest of the smart folks in this field ARE in private industry or out in the field rather than occupying government offices.

ALL that Rush stated was reasonable and clear...its comical that anyone could take the common sense and level headed commentary he gave today on the radio and act as if it was some sort of irrational/paranoid diatribe about the Deep State. It wasn't...not even remotely.

Rush simply expresses a point of view, one I've usually agreed with for a long time. I'm glad he's been there and will appreciate listening to him for the time he has left.

I'm not sure why anyone would suddenly feel betrayed by anything he says today. He's been pretty consistent over the years.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:37:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's fascinating to see the usual Cimici come out biting with their pompous opinions for a man whom they have no use.     :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Gave up on all the talking heads when I had to give up my overpriced cable package in favor of a cheap basic package.  So no more Fox, CNN or any of the other yappers' networks.  You know what?  I didn't realize how much those nattering nabobs were stressing me out until they were gone from my life.  The relief from not listening to these purveyors of hot air was tremendous.

Yep.  I stopped listening to Rush the same time that I stopped watching Fox...... when they all fell head over heels in love with their precious Donald.

It was like starting to breathe fresh air.

I’ve never regretted my freedom for one second.

Offline Applewood

It's fascinating to see the usual Cimici come out biting with their pompous opinions for a man whom they have no use.     :smokin:

So no one is allowed to disagree with almighty Rush -- just as no one is allowed to express a contrary opinion of almighty Trump?

Ok.   *****rollingeyes*****

That's great @Mesaclone  ...the story is about what Rush said yesterday.  Thanx