Author Topic: Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida  (Read 635 times)

Offline libertybele

Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida
« on: March 30, 2020, 08:51:20 pm »
I expected this ... but till mid May??  That's a really long time -- especially since it may extend beyond May.  I'm hoping he successfully gets them to listen -- otherwise we could see people moving either to the other coast or migrating north!  Miami-Dade county has over 1,600 cases (home to a lot of illegals).  I'm afraid if people don't listen we'll be the next New York!

Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida

ORLANDO, Fla. — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Monday announced that he is issuing a stay-at-home order for the southern portion of the state as the number of positive coronavirus cases grows.

The order will apply to Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Monroe counties through the middle of May.

"The 'Safer-At-Home' [order] is the right move for southeast Florida," DeSantis said at a press conference at the Hard Rock Stadium, just north of Miami. "This is the time to do the right thing. Listen to all of your local officials."

"We will do this through the middle of May, and then see where we're at," he continued. ......

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490159-governor-to-issue-stay-at-home-order-for-south-florida

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:57:11 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 09:15:39 pm »
I expected this ... but till mid May??  That's a really long time -- especially since it may extend beyond May.  I'm hoping he successfully gets them to listen -- otherwise we could see people moving either to the other coast or migrating north!  Miami-Dade county has over 1,600 cases (home to a lot of illegals).  I'm afraid if people don't listen we'll be the next New York! [

The governor can always release the order early @libertybele

FWIW, I think DeSantis is doing a very good, very proactive job for Florida.  ---  Even going to Israel for the malaria drug and fighting the Holland America ship docking in Florida.

Virginia's lockdown has been extended to Jun 10.   888mouth

Tough times.  We're in them together.   :beer:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:19:10 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 09:19:10 pm »
@libertybele

You've been distancing for a while now, how are you holding up over there?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 09:22:46 pm »
Should have been done much sooner.  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:37:40 pm »
Washington Times:

Trump says next 30 days will be pivotal in coronavirus fight

President Trump pleaded with Americans Monday to put their lives on hold for another 30 days, saying their behavior over the next month will make or break the country’s fight against the coronavirus.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/30/trump-says-next-30-days-will-be-pivotal-coronaviru/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 10:54:11 pm »
@libertybele

You've been distancing for a while now, how are you holding up over there?

I'm ok thank you for asking. We are still bunkered in -- Our thrill for the past couple of days ... watching a couple of mockingbirds building a nest in our tree!   happy77

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:55:16 pm »
The governor can always release the order early @libertybele

FWIW, I think DeSantis is doing a very good, very proactive job for Florida.  ---  Even going to Israel for the malaria drug and fighting the Holland America ship docking in Florida.

Virginia's lockdown has been extended to Jun 10.   888mouth

Tough times.  We're in them together.   :beer:

:beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 10:55:29 pm »
I'm ok thank you for asking. We are still bunkered in -- Our thrill for the past couple of days ... watching a couple of mockingbirds building a nest in our tree!   happy77

When life goes on, that IS a thrill!

Glad you're OK down there!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 11:16:27 pm »
When life goes on, that IS a thrill!

Glad you're OK down there!

@libertybele, dittos to what @musiclady said!

:beer: :beer: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: