Author Topic: Trump: Andrew Cuomo stronger 2020 Democratic presidential nominee than Joe Biden  (Read 212 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Andrew Cuomo stronger 2020 Democratic presidential nominee than Joe Biden
by Naomi Lim
 | March 30, 2020 09:30 AM

President Trump predicted New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo would have been a more formidable opponent compared to presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in this year's general election.

"I've known Andrew a long time. I wouldn't mind that. I'll be honest, I think he'd be a better candidate than 'Sleepy Joe,'" Trump told Fox News Monday.

Trump also claimed he could "guarantee" that Biden "doesn't even see" the searing statements his campaign releases criticizing the president's handling of the coronavirus pandemic as the former two-term vice president tries to reassert himself into the national conversation.

Trump was asked about a hypothetical Cuomo candidacy as the New York governor's approval ratings skyrocket based on his leadership as the country faces public health and economic repercussions from the novel respiratory illness. But the White House incumbent insisted Cuomo's success wasn't his alone.

"One of the reasons he's successful is because we've helped make him successful," he said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-andrew-cuomo-stronger-2020-democratic-presidential-nominee-than-joe-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Opinion
Why Joe Biden doesn’t dare tap Andrew Cuomo for veep
By Bob McManus
March 29, 2020 | 8:04pm
Gov. Andrew Cuomo for veep? Well, never say never — but it’s ­unlikely.

Yes, the governor is up to his neck in five-star reviews for his management of the corona­virus crisis. His TV presence radiates calm competence. Clearly, he has gotten the poetry of governance-in-a-maelstrom right; whether he is on top of the prose of it remains to be seen, but it certainly seems so.

And of such stuff are political superstars born. So it’s no surprise that people are talking him up as a potential partner to presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. If ever a candidacy needed a belt of Red Bull, it’s Biden’s.

But as they say, talk is cheap. (And it becomes bizarre and laugh-worthy when it’s about Cuomo replacing Biden himself.) ...
More at NY Post

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org