Author Topic: Rhode Island National Guard going door-to-door to find New Yorkers fleeing coronavirus  (Read 437 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Washington Examiner  by John Gage March 29, 2020

Rhode Island has started to deploy its National Guard to go door-to-door to find New Yorkers and make sure they stay quarantined for 14 days after fleeing their home state.

The National Guard was deployed in the state on Saturday to enforce the quarantine order for travelers from New York in addition to Rhode Island closing nonessential businesses. Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo issued an order Friday for Rhode Island State Police to pull over vehicles with New York license plates and to make sure anyone from the state follows the quarantine.

“Right now, we have a pinpointed risk,” the Rhode Island Democrat said. "That risk is called New York City. I know it’s unusual. I know it’s extreme, and I know some people disagree with it. If you want to seek refuge in Rhode Island, you must be quarantined."

More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rhode-island-national-guard-going-door-to-door-to-find-new-yorkers-fleeing-coronavirus