Author Topic: Cuomo to ask Trump to authorize four more temporary hospitals  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cuomo to ask Trump to authorize four more temporary hospitals
By Marty Johnson - 03/27/20 12:34 PM EDT

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said on Friday that he will ask President Trump for the authorization to build four additional temporary hospitals as the state deals with a rising number of coronavirus cases.

"We still have a shortfall [of hospital beds], so we're going to go to Plan B," Cuomo said at his daily press conference on the outbreak.

"We're going to seek to build another four temporary emergency hospitals, which would get us another 4,000 beds," he explained.

Cuomo gave his press conference from the Javitz Convention Center in Manhattan, one of four temporary hospitals that he had already ordere. The others will be in Westchester, Stony Brook and Old Westbury on Long Island.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/489855-cuomo-to-ask-trump-to-authorize-four-more-temporary-hospitals
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Cuomo to ask Trump to authorize four more temporary hospitals
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 05:03:39 pm »
Ummmmm ... why does Governor Cuomo need Federal permission to build temporary hospitals? FDA or CDC regulations? Cuomo is playing helpless?

I'm asking, not insinuating.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 05:07:47 pm »
Ummmmm ... why does Governor Cuomo need Federal permission to build temporary hospitals? FDA or CDC regulations? Cuomo is playing helpless?

I'm asking, not insinuating.

My guess is so he can blame Trump if his state doesn't take care of itself.

Temporary hospitals are being prepared in Ohio (no federal permission required) and we're no where near the mess that NY is.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »
Andy needs to calm down, back away from the cameras and figure out what's going on in his state before asking for more ...

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Thousand of Federal Government (delivered) Ventilators found in New York storage. N.Y. must distribute NOW!

8:50 AM - 27 Mar 2020

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243566007605755904

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 05:18:15 pm »
Just a reminder:  The Feds are currently building four temporary hospitals in NY .... and a 1,000 bed Navy hospital ship deploys from Virginia to NYC tomorrow.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 05:46:47 pm »
USNS Mercy to Los Angeles/Long Beach Harbor (moved from San Diego)

with 1,000 beds it becomes the largest hospital in LA

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 07:39:24 pm »
Coronavirus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo gives rousing speech thanking medical personnel, National Guard

https://www.boston25news.com/news/trending/coronavirus-gov-andrew-cuomo-gives-rousing-speech-thanking-medical-personnel-national-guard/MLXNIMC2FZB7RIQAYNWXUIEG5U/

"I want to speak to the most important people in the room for a moment, who are the people who are responsible for this great construction behind me.

"First I want to introduce Gen. Patrick Murphy. Gen. Murphy is tested smart and he is tested tough. I have been with the general for nine years and I’ve seen him in hurricanes and Super Storm Sandy and floods and everything Mother Nature could throw at us and I’ve seen him in attempted terrorist attacks. There is no one better. He leads from the front and he knows what he’s doing and you could not have a better commander at this time than General Patrick Murphy and I want you to know that, and I want to congratulate the Army Corps of Engineers for what they did here. I used to be in the federal government and I worked with the Army Corps of Engineers all across the country. I worked with them on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation to build housing and one of the officers of the Army Corps of Engineers is still in service and reminded me of that. They are top-shelf. And what they did here is really top-shelf.

"I want to thank the Javits staff who really stepped up and I want to thank the national guard because you are the best of us, you are the best of us. and whenever we call on you. You are there and what you did in this facility in one week, creating a hospital is just incredible. I don’t know how you did it. Now you did such a good job, that I’m asking for four more from the president. That’s the downside for being as good as you are at what you did, but what you did is really incredible.

more and video at link

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 07:44:07 pm »
Just a reminder:  The Feds are currently building four temporary hospitals in NY .... and a 1,000 bed Navy hospital ship deploys from Virginia to NYC tomorrow.

After he lied about the respirator situation he has a lot of nerve -- but people's lives are on the line here.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.