Author Topic: The resurrection of America, Trump-style  (Read 191 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The resurrection of America, Trump-style
« on: March 26, 2020, 04:58:09 pm »
March 26, 2020
By Howard J. Warner

Donald Trump plays a different game of chess.  He thinks several moves ahead, as any chess master would, but he also plays multiple games simultaneously.  He contends with a confrontational media, an insatiable Democratic House leadership, and ill prepared state government–managed health care facilities.  Trump would be amazed should he get true bipartisan support in his effort to stem the coronavirus crisis.

Trump chose to express his desire for a return to normal.  He hoped America could reopen by Easter.  The media immediately rushed to condemn him.  But when his tweet Sunday evening was sent out, was he trying to influence the negotiations underway in the Senate between Sec. Mnuchin and Sen. Chuck Schumer that had collapsed?

The discussions had stalled as Speaker Nancy Pelosi returned to Washington.  She had put the left's wish list into the legislation at issue, ballooning the price tag to $2.5 trillion.  These extraneous items were a non-starter at the White House.  In the end, the Democrats have gotten Republican acceptance of some items unrelated to the health crisis.  As of Wednesday, it appears that compromise has gotten substantial garbage into the Senate bill necessary to get House passage later this week.  The delay tactic (of a week) scares many Republicans into bending.  Each day the national economy remains closed, it decreases the likelihood of a successful recovery.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/the_resurrection_of_america_trump_style.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: The resurrection of America, Trump-style
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:02:45 pm »
March 26, 2020
By Howard J. Warner

Donald Trump plays a different game of chess.
Perhaps I should done my hip waders before stepping in this.
He thinks several moves ahead, as any chess master would, but he also plays multiple games simultaneously.
  Oh yeah the craps getting deeper. 
He contends with a confrontational media, an insatiable Democratic House leadership, and ill prepared state government–managed health care facilities.
I think you meant to say
For the first time in history, President Trump contends with the most confrontational media in history, the most insatiable Democratic House leadership in history, and the most ill prepared state government–managed health care facilities in history.  Just when America, and our beloved President needed their support the most
Trump would be amazed should he get true bipartisan support in his effort to stem the coronavirus crisis.
Like a unanimous Senate vote on the aid he requested?  I gotta head back to shore.  I'm up to my nipples already.