Author Topic: Pompeo, Cotton: You bet we will provide a “reckoning” for China over COVID-19  (Read 411 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Pompeo, Cotton: You bet we will provide a “reckoning” for China over COVID-19
Ed MorrisseyPosted at 4:01 pm on March 25, 2020

Lots of pushback on the Left over this shot from Sen. Tom Cotton, but he’s not the only one talking about consequences for China over the coronavirus pandemic. Fox & Friends’ Steve Doocey asked Cotton this morning about an op-ed he co-wrote at Fox News with Rep. Mike Gallagher about US medical supply lines in China and the need to secure them. Even without the current pandemic as context, that’s a national risk that needs to be resolved by pulling back those supply lines.

In terms of the pandemic, however, Cotton wants “a reckoning” for China’s role in covering up the coronavirus outbreak after we’ve gotten control of it:

When Cotton talks about “reckoning,” he’s talking about an economic reckoning. That involves far more than just the recent pandemic, Cotton makes clear in his op-ed with Gallagher:

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/03/25/pompeo-cotton-bet-will-provide-reckoning-china-covid-19/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
China dumped this on the world... I don't even know what price, I've heard people talk about reparations for everyone. What a catastrophe.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cotton from editorial he wrote linked to OP article:

Earlier this month, a Chinese Communist Party propaganda outlet insinuated that Beijing could cut off supplies of life-saving medicine to the United States at any time, dooming our country to “sink into the hell of a novel coronavirus epidemic.”

Unfortunately, this isn’t an empty threat. The United States is dangerously dependent for pharmaceuticals on the very regime whose failures and coverups caused this deadly pandemic to spiral out of control.

It’s time to change that. We have a plan to end America’s dependence on Chinese drugs and take back our ability to make pharmaceuticals and medical devices right here in America.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sen-cotton-and-rep-gallagher-china-stole-us-capacity-to-make-drugs-we-must-take-it-back

Offline Chosen Daughter

Cotton from editorial he wrote linked to OP article:

It would be the best thing for us, and for Americans to only be dependent on ourselves for our medicines.  I find it rather scary that China is making our drugs.  Communist China.

I remember when dogs were dying and the pet food came from China.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Just when I am ready to give Trump praise he flips.  News this morning that he will quit calling it a Chinese virus.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Pompeo, Cotton: You bet we will provide a “reckoning” for China over COVID-19

Good one... :silly:  Double the tariff!!!!