Author Topic: Coronavirus chaos: NJ parents fume over crowded lines to pick up school supplies  (Read 368 times)

rangerrebew

Coronavirus chaos: NJ parents fume over crowded lines to pick up school supplies
March 19, 2020
By Victor Skinner

Parents in Lakewood, New Jersey were fuming this week when they were forced to wait in long lines to secure food, free Chromebooks, and other instructional materials during the coronavirus shutdown.

District officials attempted unsuccessfully to keep people separated as they stood in two different lines outside the board of education building, one for Chromebooks and one for school books, and many of the roughly 100 parents who showed up Wednesday were not happy about the situation, the Asbury Park Press reports.

“They had more than enough time to prepare for this, and yet they didn’t take enough precautions to prevent this scenario,” said Krysten Summey, who was picking up books for her fourth and first graders. “Now we’re standing next to each other, shoulder to shoulder. This is a health hazard.”

Public health officials are encouraging social distancing – maintaining at least six feet from others and no gatherings of more than 50 people – to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Lakewood schools and most others canceled in-person classes based on those suggestions, but parents contend the 30-minute wait in the crowded line undermines the response.

http://eagnews.org/nj-parents-fume-over-crowded-lines-to-pick-up-school-supplies-during-coronavirus-shutdown/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Doesn't packing the parents into lines defeat the purpose of the kids staying home?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Coronavirus chaos: NJ parents fume over crowded lines to pick up school supplies
March 19, 2020
By Victor Skinner

Parents in Lakewood, New Jersey were fuming this week when they were forced to wait in long lines to secure food, free Chromebooks, and other instructional materials during the coronavirus shutdown.

I had to fork over $1,700 for my kid's school laptop.  I would have stood in line all day and then some to get a free one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-