Author Topic: Women Should Have to Register for Military Draft, Too, Commission Tells Congress  (Read 357 times)

rangerrebew

Women Should Have to Register for Military Draft, Too, Commission Tells Congress

A commission appointed by Congress will recommend that expanding selective service registration to women is a “necessary and fair step.”

By Sarah Mervosh and John Ismay

March 24, 2020

Get a guide to navigating the political news cycle — every weekday by email.

Women have been serving the United States military for generations, sewing uniforms during the Revolutionary War and nursing the wounded during World War II. They have flown fighter jets, commanded warships and more recently fought in combat on the front lines.

But they have never been required to register for a military draft.

That could soon change. Under a new recommendation to Congress by a national commission, all Americans ages 18 to 25 — not just young men as currently required — would have to register with the government in case of a military draft.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/us/women-military-draft-selective-service.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

Offline EdinVA

Well, equality means equal...

rangerrebew

Military commission report recommends including women in draft
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 04:42:13 pm »
Military commission report recommends including women in draft
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Trump administration considering doing away with America's male-only draft system

The National Coalition for Men is challenging the Selective Service System in court, arguing that women should be part of the draft.

A new report from a U.S. military commission concluded that women should be eligible for the draft if the country should ever need to reinstate the system that calls Americans into active-duty service.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/military-commission-report-recommends-including-women-in-draft

rangerrebew

Re: Military commission report recommends including women in draft
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 04:47:35 pm »
The guys who challenged the draft law aren't bad guys, they're simply trying to insure women have equal opportunity to the same same fun things they have.  This is just what democrats want. :whistle:

Offline mortarman

I actually agree that if there is going to be a draft, then women should have to register. However, I a completely opposed to conscripted service of any kind. I prefer an all volunteer professional armed forces.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.