Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159329 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #3125 on: July 22, 2020, 08:55:52 pm »
What will the gestapo do if Willy Messerschmitt doesn't make his quota of Me-109 fighters?

@Hoodat

Willie will be getting a train ride to his new job.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3126 on: July 22, 2020, 09:13:28 pm »

It’s the media’s job to erase institutional, historical memories. It’s been their job since... well, I can’t remember when.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3127 on: July 22, 2020, 09:26:51 pm »

You do realize that H1N1 was even less deadly than the regular flu, right?

Oh, never mind...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3128 on: July 22, 2020, 09:50:54 pm »
Speaking of . . .

Swine Flu Cases Overestimated?

Sharyl Attkisson   |   October 21, 2009   |   9:03 AM

.  .  .  In late July, the CDC abruptly advised states to stop testing for H1N1 flu, and stopped counting individual cases. The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was: why waste resources testing for H1N1 flu when the government has already confirmed there's an epidemic?

Some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS News that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains.

CBS News learned that the decision to stop counting H1N1 flu cases was made so hastily that states weren't given the opportunity to provide input.  .  .  .

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swine-flu-cases-overestimated/

The Obama/Biden Administration ordered a halt in testing during the H1N1 epidemic in order to halt the rise in case numbers.  Yet today, Biden is calling for more testing.  Politics at its worst.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3129 on: July 23, 2020, 02:21:42 am »
07-23-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  15.303 ↑   1.527 ↓
United States   13.289 ↑    2.111 ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Largest case rises occurred in CA, TX, FL, GA, & LA.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  +233.

14-day Recovery Deficit - 1,070,112.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3130 on: July 23, 2020, 02:41:30 am »
Looking at the Worldometers graphs, the hints at a downward trend in new cases are becoming more obvious in FL, TX, and AZ.

Yet in California, home of the hard lockdown, the infection rate hasn't changed one iota.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3131 on: July 23, 2020, 02:55:19 am »
Looking at the Worldometers graphs, the hints at a downward trend in new cases are becoming more obvious in FL, TX, and AZ.

Yet in California, home of the hard lockdown, the infection rate hasn't changed one iota.

It could be the Draconian measures CA put in place is actually doing harm by concentrating the vulnerable people together with otherwise healthy youngsters home from a night of hard partying.  An easily provable infection vector right there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3132 on: July 23, 2020, 10:42:37 pm »
The virus is still rampant in our area.  And instead of not knowing anyone that has had it, I know of a few now.  In our community of 100k, we had 2 in their 60's die yesterday.  Our local state prison is reporting well over 200 cases and that's just the one prison, we have two.  People are pretty good about wearing masks, except when they installed my bathroom granite countertop yesterday, none at all.

Just take it for granite they don't have it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3133 on: July 24, 2020, 03:23:14 pm »
07-24-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  15.447 ↑   1.524 ↓
United States   13.435 ↑    2.107 ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Largest case rises occurred in FL, CA, TX, GA, & TN.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  +188.

14-day Recovery Deficit - 1,093,033.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3134 on: July 24, 2020, 06:55:59 pm »
Sharyl Attkisson  @SharylAttkisson
I'm sure many, including our national security experts, are examining possible weaponization of people infected with Covid-19 to intentionally spread it in US (or in key US cities).
Easy to do, hard to trace?
Perfect weapon for China/Russia/domestic terrorists?
Discuss.
10:06 PM · Jul 23, 2020

:scared smiley:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3135 on: July 24, 2020, 07:16:04 pm »
Sharyl Attkisson  @SharylAttkisson
I'm sure many, including our national security experts, are examining possible weaponization of people infected with Covid-19 to intentionally spread it in US (or in key US cities).
Easy to do, hard to trace?
Perfect weapon for China/Russia/domestic terrorists?
Discuss.
10:06 PM · Jul 23, 2020

:scared smiley:

Not knocking the report, but wouldn't a bio-terrorist be more apt at spreading something a bit more heinous like Ebola or Anthrax?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3136 on: July 24, 2020, 07:41:06 pm »
Not knocking the report, but wouldn't a bio-terrorist be more apt at spreading something a bit more heinous like Ebola or Anthrax?

That's a good question. But Ebola has already visited...and didn't spread well. Anthrax was tried after 9/11 and didn't spread well. I don't think Ebola was introduced intentionally. Anthrax...absolutely. I'd have to study up on how or why those two didn't spread as easily as the Corona has.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3137 on: July 24, 2020, 07:49:12 pm »
I  don't think it was a report, just speculation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3138 on: July 24, 2020, 08:31:59 pm »
By the time an Ebola patient is shedding enough virus to spread it, they are in rough shape. Most spread in close range. Anthrax, weaponized, is in the form of spores and those would be the effective means of distribution, not an infected patient.

With coronavirus, infected mild case patients could spread it in a crowd in close quarters, much like the 'protests' where random contact would be acceptable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3139 on: July 24, 2020, 08:40:03 pm »
By the time an Ebola patient is shedding enough virus to spread it, they are in rough shape. Most spread in close range. Anthrax, weaponized, is in the form of spores and those would be the effective means of distribution, not an infected patient.

With coronavirus, infected mild case patients could spread it in a crowd in close quarters, much like the 'protests' where random contact would be acceptable.

That indicates a good strategy on the part of the virus for propagating the species.  I have breathed a sigh of relief when I found out a bug kills people very quickly, like Ebola.  "Don't kill the host too soon" is key.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3140 on: July 24, 2020, 08:45:52 pm »
That indicates a good strategy on the part of the virus for propagating the species.  I have breathed a sigh of relief when I found out a bug kills people very quickly, like Ebola.  "Don't kill the host too soon" is key.
Remember, this virus is the product of research (and recombination) aimed at "enhanced abilities". 
Essentially, making SARS more contagious was the goal.
Whether it got out by accident or design, I'm reasonably convinced this is a lab product.

Often, with increased contagion, viruses sacrifice some of their deadliness, which may be why this one usually kills people who are already medically compromised on one or more fronts, and not those who are healthy.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3141 on: July 24, 2020, 08:53:54 pm »
Remember, this virus is the product of research (and recombination) aimed at "enhanced abilities". 
Essentially, making SARS more contagious was the goal.
Whether it got out by accident or design, I'm reasonably convinced this is a lab product.

Often, with increased contagion, viruses sacrifice some of their deadliness, which may be why this one usually kills people who are already medically compromised on one or more fronts, and not those who are healthy.

In my limited understanding, it looks like this plague was not an accident, but was more likely a feasibility study, or proof-of-concept.  Our unusual reaction to it had the effect of measuring what a response would look like, and proved what the country would put up with.  I'm sure China is surprised at the level of painful blow-back, despite the media's ever-present efforts of using it to get rid of a President. 

Yes, it hurt our economy badly, but it would be instructive to see how the Chinese stock markets (Hong Kong and Shanghai) performed in 2020.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 08:55:19 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3142 on: July 24, 2020, 09:17:26 pm »

This is an attack on our economy - not on our lives.  And in that regard, it has had a far more devastating effect than ebola or anthrax ever could.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3143 on: July 24, 2020, 09:21:46 pm »
In my limited understanding, it looks like this plague was not an accident, but was more likely a feasibility study, or proof-of-concept.  Our unusual reaction to it had the effect of measuring what a response would look like, and proved what the country would put up with.  I'm sure China is surprised at the level of painful blow-back, despite the media's ever-present efforts of using it to get rid of a President. 

Yes, it hurt our economy badly, but it would be instructive to see how the Chinese stock markets (Hong Kong and Shanghai) performed in 2020.
Like most novel attacks, however, the question is "How would we respond to this again?"

Then you get into questions of whether the new bug is the 'real deal', or just another attempt to make us damage ourselves.

That could go either way. :shrug:

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3144 on: July 24, 2020, 09:35:24 pm »
Like most novel attacks, however, the question is "How would we respond to this again?"

Then you get into questions of whether the new bug is the 'real deal', or just another attempt to make us damage ourselves.

That could go either way. :shrug:

On that, one thing is for sure:  We damaged ourselves a lot.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3145 on: July 24, 2020, 10:01:39 pm »
On that, one thing is for sure:  We damaged ourselves a lot.
Yep.  Next time, since "WOLF!" has been cried, and the patients killed to justify that, in the face of a really deadly pathogen, how many would say "Oh, no, not again you don't" and die as a result? Or would another lesser bug be released, with people thinking this was the 'big one' and have round two of this.

THey would be independent events and have to be evaluated on their own, but the public would not see it that way. Especially not after the way they (primarily the media and a few politicians) have made a mess of this.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 06:32:57 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3146 on: July 25, 2020, 03:44:24 am »
Dan Bongino Retweeted

Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog

But remember: it’s still too dangerous to go to school or church

VIDEO

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1286663507140845569

10:04 AM · Jul 24, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3147 on: July 25, 2020, 05:51:32 am »

Your efforts are stentorian and not unnoticed.  :patriot:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3148 on: July 25, 2020, 08:17:30 am »
VIDEO:  https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1286663507140845569

10:04 AM · Jul 24, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Near the end of that thread, someone gives an account of how their nephew afflicted with cancer died alone in a hospital because his mother was prohibited from seeing her own son.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #3149 on: July 25, 2020, 03:32:32 pm »
Near the end of that thread, someone gives an account of how their nephew afflicted with cancer died alone in a hospital because his mother was prohibited from seeing her own son.

That is seriously not okay.