Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159335 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #3100 on: July 21, 2020, 09:53:03 pm »
I was buying something at a store in western Pa. today and the clerk asked me to move my mask over my nose. I told him it had been over my nose but it slipped down. (That's the mask I intentionally made loose to give me a fighting chance at breathing). I should have told him to stuff it where the sun don't shine, but I just wanted to get out of there and be done with it.  9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3101 on: July 21, 2020, 11:00:54 pm »
I was buying something at a store in western Pa. today and the clerk asked me to move my mask over my nose. I told him it had been over my nose but it slipped down. (That's the mask I intentionally made loose to give me a fighting chance at breathing). I should have told him to stuff it where the sun don't shine, but I just wanted to get out of there and be done with it.  9999hair out0000
That's one thing about the mask thing that does irritate me.

The point of the face covering is to prevent the projection of droplets to the person in front of you, so that they don't get inhaled. Droplets from the nose are projected downward, not outward. So unless you're really tall and standing right over a short person, there's not much need to cover the nose, especially if it's causing breathing difficulties (and yes, it can do that—try singing in one! I've done it for church).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3104 on: July 21, 2020, 11:13:08 pm »
That's one thing about the mask thing that does irritate me.

The point of the face covering is to prevent the projection of droplets to the person in front of you, so that they don't get inhaled. Droplets from the nose are projected downward, not outward. So unless you're really tall and standing right over a short person, there's not much need to cover the nose, especially if it's causing breathing difficulties (and yes, it can do that—try singing in one! I've done it for church).
Not to mention the clerk was wearing a mask and standing behind a plexiglass barrier. Not sure what he thought I could do to him. So far, I've managed to slip off the mask for singing in church, but our pastor (a former surgeon) gives us the stinkeye if we're not wearing them.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3105 on: July 22, 2020, 12:07:24 am »
Top COVID-19 vaccine makers say safe, effective and low-cost candidates possible by early 2021

Top vaccine makers predict a vaccine or vaccines may be available as early as the beginning of 2021 and at least two pledged doses will be free or low-cost for all Americans.

Speaking before a House subcommittee Tuesday, executives from AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Moderna and Pfizer said their goal is to have effective vaccines available as soon as possible while following all safety and regulatory guidelines.

None of the pharmaceutical executives would commit to having a vaccine ready for the general public before early 2021, despite repeated questioning by House members.

The United States has so far invested nearly $2.3 billion in the effort to find a vaccine to stop SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, which has killed more than 140,000 Americans.

Safety emerged as a key concern among lawmakers, with several pressing executives on whether the unprecedented speed of vaccine development or potentially lax government regulations would put the public at risk. All the panelists said safety would not be compromised............

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/21/top-covid-vaccine-makers-safe-cheap-doses-may-ready-early-2021/5478232002/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3106 on: July 22, 2020, 12:31:56 am »
Don't be silly, @Bigun!  They need the stiffs.

@Cyber Liberty

The ones who weren't registered Dim voters,will immediately become registered Dim voters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3107 on: July 22, 2020, 12:34:00 am »
Top COVID-19 vaccine makers say safe, effective and low-cost candidates possible by early 2021

Top vaccine makers predict a vaccine or vaccines may be available as early as the beginning of 2021 and at least two pledged doses will be free or low-cost for all Americans.

@libertybele

Unless,of course,Trump is re-elected. If that happens,the earliest a vaccine will be available is in 2025.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3108 on: July 22, 2020, 12:47:20 am »
@libertybele

Unless,of course,Trump is re-elected. If that happens,the earliest a vaccine will be available is in 2025.

@sneakypete
There will be no effective or long lasting vaccine. Corona is the usual culprit for causing the common cold. It is a fast-morphing virus and because of that, there will be no cure.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3109 on: July 22, 2020, 12:54:26 am »
@sneakypete
There will be no effective or long lasting vaccine. Corona is the usual culprit for causing the common cold. It is a fast-morphing virus and because of that, there will be no cure.

@roamer_1

This is the first time I  have heard that,but I have no reason to disbelieve you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3110 on: July 22, 2020, 01:09:10 am »
@roamer_1

This is the first time I  have heard that,but I have no reason to disbelieve you.

@sneakypete

Corona is very, very common. I have 'vaccinated' cattle for decades (corona is the scours in cowboy lingo)... Dogs are common carriers...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3111 on: July 22, 2020, 01:23:08 am »
Hydroxychloroquine could save up to 100,000 lives if used for COVID-19: Yale epidemiology professor
Oh, NOW they say this!

9999hair out0000

It likely COULD have saved up to 100,000 lives, already, if the politicians masquerading as scientists hadn't set out on such a jihad to prove it didn't work because Trump mentioned it.

But those a$$hole$ are pimping panic, not a cure.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #3112 on: July 22, 2020, 01:28:31 am »
Oh, NOW they say this!

9999hair out0000

It likely COULD have saved up to 100,000 lives, already, if the politicians masquerading as scientists hadn't set out on such a jihad to prove it didn't work because Trump mentioned it.

But those a$$hole$ are pimping panic, not a cure.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3113 on: July 22, 2020, 04:04:24 am »
07-22-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  15.226 ↑   1.537 ↓
United States   13.015 ↑    2.135 ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US Recoveries-to-deaths ratio climbs above 13.

Largest case rises occurred in CA, TX, FL, AZ, & GA.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  +223.

14-day Recovery Deficit - 1,065,548.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3114 on: July 22, 2020, 03:34:43 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

This is a lie. They’re combining deaths from previous days. Yet, Drudge highlights it and the rest of the leftwing media push it.

U.S. reports over 1,000 daily coronavirus deaths for first time since May
https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-deaths-thousand-may-a10e174a-9cdc-4148-93e1-dfe55c1f03e4.html

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/1285921925521448960

8:57 AM · Jul 22, 2020·Twitter for Android

« Reply #3115 on: July 22, 2020, 03:38:03 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

The media continue to lie about actual daily deaths and a surge. This explains what they’re doing

The Big Surge In Coronavirus Deaths Is A Media-Fed Myth
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/07/22/the-big-surge-in-coronavirus-deaths-is-a-media-fed-myth/

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/1285920547935850496

8:52 AM · Jul 22, 2020·Twitter for Android

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3116 on: July 22, 2020, 03:47:47 pm »
How are we to believe any of the new numbers, when we already know that testing sites are reporting 100% positives, people who never were tested are getting "you're positive!" letters in the mail,  and everything from terminal cancer deaths to motorcycle crash victims are being called Covid-19 fatalities?

« Reply #3117 on: July 22, 2020, 04:37:22 pm »
How are we to believe any of the new numbers, when we already know that testing sites are reporting 100% positives, people who never were tested are getting "you're positive!" letters in the mail,  and everything from terminal cancer deaths to motorcycle crash victims are being called Covid-19 fatalities?

For better or for worse, we simply cannot believe the numbers.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3118 on: July 22, 2020, 04:43:51 pm »
Well, in lieu of actual data which confirm the Party Line, uncertainty will fuel fear almost equally well.

It isn't about the Virus, it is about FEAR and CONTROL.
Without that, there is no way Americans will opt for mail-in voting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3119 on: July 22, 2020, 05:57:47 pm »
Well, in lieu of actual data which confirm the Party Line, uncertainty will fuel fear almost equally well.

It isn't about the Virus, it is about FEAR and CONTROL.
Without that, there is no way Americans will opt for mail-in voting.

:yowsa: pointing-up

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3120 on: July 22, 2020, 07:57:16 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3121 on: July 22, 2020, 08:16:43 pm »
I see that graphic is from a group called Ohio Liberation. Speaking of Ohio, Gov. DeWine today has mandated masks just about everywhere.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3122 on: July 22, 2020, 08:35:55 pm »
The masktapo. I wonder if they'll check for Jews in the attic, while they're at it.
Allegheny Co. Creates ‘COVID Field Response Team’ To See Which Businesses Aren’t Following Coronavirus Orders
July 22, 2020 at 4:23 pm

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Allegheny County is launching a team that will visit businesses and use checklists to see if they’re following coronavirus orders. The name of the business and a copy of the checklist will then be posted to the county’s website for the public to see.

Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald says there is confusion about what businesses should and shouldn’t do, and the county has heard that it should provide information on which businesses are and aren’t following the rules.

In response, the county is launching a “COVID Field Response Team” Thursday morning. ...
KDKA

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3123 on: July 22, 2020, 08:37:51 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3124 on: July 22, 2020, 08:51:24 pm »
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Allegheny County is launching a team that will visit businesses and use checklists to see if they’re following coronavirus orders. The name of the business and a copy of the checklist will then be posted to the county’s website for the public to see.

What will the gestapo do if Willy Messerschmitt doesn't make his quota of Me-109 fighters?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-