Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159274 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #3075 on: July 21, 2020, 02:20:49 am »

“My hunch is that most Americans think sunlight and heat kill the virus and you can be outdoors without risk,”  Carlson said, but if you’re in a group, even outside, you can spread and contract the virus. "It's true that not being in a confined space is better but it's not protective."........

BLATANT NONSENSE... It is not because ppl are going outside. It is because they aren't. If you don't want to get the virus, avoid people and stay outside... Or avoid people and stay inside. But when Southern states get hot, everybody just goes inside into the air conditioning. That is a closed circuit air system which PREVENTS what summer heat would tend to do.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3076 on: July 21, 2020, 02:22:36 am »
BLATANT NONSENSE... It is not because ppl are going outside. It is because they aren't. If you don't want to get the virus, avoid people and stay outside... Or avoid people and stay inside. But when Southern states get hot, everybody just goes inside into the air conditioning. That is a closed circuit air system which PREVENTS what summer heat would tend to do.

Correctamundo.  The author is trying to push a false narrative here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3077 on: July 21, 2020, 02:27:45 am »
Too bad we can't get any figures on the number of Chinese infections.

Go here and scroll down to 'Total Coronavirus Deaths in China', and have your friend explain the mathematical impossibility of the official Chi-com propaganda account.

But if it is schadenfreude he is looking for, then wait until the Three Gorges Dam collapses.

2019 picture. That deformation has to be worse now with all the flooding problems there now.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3078 on: July 21, 2020, 03:06:01 am »
You'll get a bunch of Facebook memes swearing that masks don't work, are a conspiratorial plot, etc. If Americans are convinced of something, there is nothing that you can do to convince them otherwise.
Yeah,  those facebook memes. https://www.technocracy.news/censored-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covid-19-social-policy-and-why-face-masks-dont-work/?fbclid=IwAR2Z4J3itgl2DfGCP0UhG3n3PfeQDW7Zw3BizMAH5cMZzob1xsmUhFyaJ3c

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #3079 on: July 21, 2020, 03:08:30 am »
2019 picture. That deformation has to be worse now with all the flooding problems there now.

That picture may be multiple pictures stitched together causing distortion. That darker section on the right is definitely a separate picture stitched to the lighter one on the left.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3080 on: July 21, 2020, 05:07:50 am »
@Hoodat @roamer-1  @bigheadfred @libertybele @jmyrlefuller

My daughter is a MD with her own clinic in a semi-rural area with a lot of "summer residents" from New York and other foreign countries,and my ex is her receptionist. I went there to get my infected leg treated today by the PA that works there,and while talking with the ex asked her if they had treated any Corona virus cases,and she shook her head and said "Not a single one". i

I realize this will not be the case with every medical clinic in the nation,but I do think it is more representative of what is typical than it is an aberration.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3081 on: July 21, 2020, 01:52:05 pm »
Flaw in Manufacturer’s Testing System For Coronavirus Used by Labs Across the US Causing False Positives

According to DPH scientists, the affected patients were tested between July 15 to July 17 and out of a total of 144 ‘positive’ tests, 90 were false positives!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3082 on: July 21, 2020, 02:29:12 pm »
Yeah,  those facebook memes. https://www.technocracy.news/censored-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covid-19-social-policy-and-why-face-masks-dont-work/?fbclid=IwAR2Z4J3itgl2DfGCP0UhG3n3PfeQDW7Zw3BizMAH5cMZzob1xsmUhFyaJ3c
The surest way for me to think something's bullcrap is if you claim it's "censored."

It's probably not censored; it's just bad science.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3083 on: July 21, 2020, 02:39:44 pm »
The surest way for me to think something's bullcrap is if you claim it's "censored."

You would do well to click on a few of the links in that story @jmyrlefuller Bad science my @$$!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3084 on: July 21, 2020, 02:42:59 pm »
Speaking of bad science, where can I find the study that compares infection rates for those wearing masks outdoors in the sunshine and high humidity and those not wearing masks outdoors in the sunshine and high humidity.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3085 on: July 21, 2020, 02:56:20 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3086 on: July 21, 2020, 03:02:45 pm »
Speaking of bad science, where can I find the study that compares infection rates for those wearing masks outdoors in the sunshine and high humidity and those not wearing masks outdoors in the sunshine and high humidity.

I doubt that you would find one, at least an accurate one.  I have trouble breathing through a darn mask in the air conditioning after I've had it on for awhile. I think trying to breathe with a mask on in the heat and humidity would be difficult.

When they first shut us down, I thought to myself, well at least we can still go enjoy the parks.  Then they shut those down too.  It absolutely made no sense.  I see some people wearing masks at the park, riding bicycles and even jogging. I'm trying to understand their logic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3087 on: July 21, 2020, 03:07:05 pm »
I doubt that you would find one, at least an accurate one.  I have trouble breathing through a darn mask in the air conditioning after I've had it on for awhile. I think trying to breathe with a mask on in the heat and humidity would be difficult.

When they first shut us down, I thought to myself, well at least we can still go enjoy the parks.  Then they shut those down too.  It absolutely made no sense.  I see some people wearing masks at the park, riding bicycles and even jogging. I'm trying to understand their logic.

Spit masks require a little getting used to.  I wore them daily for six years when I worked in the clean-rooms, before I went into R&D.  The vinyl gloves were worse.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3088 on: July 21, 2020, 03:21:18 pm »

My point is that the pro-mask zealots operate under the haughty assumption that science is on their side, when that is really not the case.

This is no different than when they had the government shutdowns under Obama.  The first thing they did was to close the parks and monuments in order to inflict pain on the people for a political advantage.  They are following that same playbook here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3090 on: July 21, 2020, 08:34:38 pm »
All those mask mandates are causing skin problems.
https://www.wgrz.com/article/entertainment/television/programs/daybreak/dermatologists-say-maskne-is-real-and-its-on-the-rise/71-74fe3bd2-7ab8-4608-9870-7ff6b274a125

@jmyrlefuller

Color me confused.  Haven't you been condemning Briefers who refuse to wear masks for endangering your health? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3091 on: July 21, 2020, 08:37:07 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Color me confused.  Haven't you been condemning Briefers who refuse to wear masks for endangering your health?
I believe there is a time and a place for masks, and that in certain situations they are effective.

I am against the "no masks, no never, they don't work" that pervades on this board and elsewhere.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3092 on: July 21, 2020, 08:46:21 pm »
I believe there is a time and a place for masks, and that in certain situations they are effective.

I am against the "no masks, no never, they don't work" that pervades on this board and elsewhere.

The situation where cloth masks help stop COVID does not exist.  Spittle blows right though them.  The reason that pervades this board and elsewhere is that it's a fact borne out by research.  Cloth masks are nothing but a talisman to ward off evil spirits, and signal the wearer is a person who does what he/she's told.

I have one in the car, it's a cost of doing business I will pay after I walk into a store, and it comes off while I'm walking out the door.  I have to really need something, like bird seed from Tractor Supply, I'll put up with it, but for groceries I do curbside pickup.

Mrs. Liberty can't wear them, so as far as she's concerned they can all drop dead.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3093 on: July 21, 2020, 09:06:47 pm »
The situation where cloth masks help stop COVID does not exist.  Spittle blows right though them.  The reason that pervades this board and elsewhere is that it's a fact borne out by research.  Cloth masks are nothing but a talisman to ward off evil spirits, and signal the wearer is a person who does what he/she's told.

I have one in the car, it's a cost of doing business I will pay after I walk into a store, and it comes off while I'm walking out the door.  I have to really need something, like bird seed from Tractor Supply, I'll put up with it, but for groceries I do curbside pickup.

Mrs. Liberty can't wear them, so as far as she's concerned they can all drop dead.
Time will tell over the next couple of weeks which one of us is right.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3094 on: July 21, 2020, 09:10:16 pm »

That will depend on whom you believe at that time.  It's hard to discern, because the press has lied its ass off through this entire fiasco, even more than usual.  My experience is, I can't reason somebody out of something they didn't reason themselves into.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3095 on: July 21, 2020, 09:34:14 pm »

Well, the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromax/Zinc Sulfate regimen, as it turns out was Not bad science, instead, the articles in nejm and Lancet were retracted because those 'studies' claiming the regimen was harmful WERE bad science.
But YouTube and Facebook censored anything which did not agree with the CDC, which at the time was parroting the (obviously) flawed studies, including Dr Zeleno's original video detailing the pharmacology, how it worked, why it worked, and when it was most effective, all just as soon as Trump mentioned Hydoxychloroquine.

Sorry, but science has been polluted by politics since AlGore stepped up and started braying inconvenient lies.
As a scientist, I want to see the data, understand the processes and cause/effect relationships claimed, and see if the data support the conclusions (and whether the conclusions support the title). Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
So why don't you at least listen to what people have to say and make up your own mind?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #3096 on: July 21, 2020, 09:39:23 pm »

How's that?

There are no actual scientific studies that exist that confirm either cloth or paper masks do anything regarding a virus that is in the air. I'm sure the CDC is busy doing something to pass off as science to justify themselves. But this issue has been studied over many flu seasons and the data is what the data is.

Your eyes are wet and catch whatever is in the air providing direct entry into the body. A plastic eye shield that is open to the air around your face is also useless in that case.

Those are simple facts.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3097 on: July 21, 2020, 09:43:08 pm »

@Hoodat

One of Jupiter's moons?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3098 on: July 21, 2020, 09:46:05 pm »

@libertybele

I keep wondering why there are very few mentions of carbon dioxide poisoning from people inhaling their own spent breaths into those paper masks,and the breathing in more carbon dioxide than oxygen.

Offline DB

« Reply #3099 on: July 21, 2020, 09:49:36 pm »

Here's what the New England Journal of Medicine had to say about masks and Covid-19 before things went political:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372?rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed

"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic."

"What is clear, however, is that universal masking alone is not a panacea. A mask will not protect providers caring for a patient with active Covid-19 if it’s not accompanied by meticulous hand hygiene, eye protection, gloves, and a gown. A mask alone will not prevent health care workers with early Covid-19 from contaminating their hands and spreading the virus to patients and colleagues. Focusing on universal masking alone may, paradoxically, lead to more transmission of Covid-19 if it diverts attention from implementing more fundamental infection-control measures."