Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159291 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #3025 on: July 18, 2020, 01:37:42 am »
I’m having a debate right now and need to know if the increased in positive COVID tests we keep hearing about are for current infections or for antibodies. Does anyone know?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3026 on: July 18, 2020, 01:39:20 am »
Not for antibody tests.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3027 on: July 18, 2020, 01:39:50 am »
Not for antibody tests.
ok thanks!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3028 on: July 18, 2020, 01:42:02 am »
Perhaps, but we're at an all time high for new cases...

Which begs the question about hot weather (90 degrees and sorta dry here today).

Wasn't that supposed to kill this stuff>> or did they lie about that, too?

Just a thought here --- I'm looking back a few months here in FL, when the rest of the country was being affected with the virus most of the country had cold weather and the virus spread, also people were indoors more, while in FL our temperatures were in the low to mid 80's and at times lower, so people didn't run their A/C as much, windows open, more people outside, humidity is normally higher here than the rest of the country and our case numbers were very low. Now it's just the opposite -- just about every residential dwelling is running their A/C and our cases are skyrocketing. Most of us go outside in the heat  for a little bit at least and many have pools -- but commercial still has to run A/C -- so many our going from A/C to A/C.  On the other coast of FL lots of illegals and definitely a lot more high rise apartment buildings, multiple family dwellings, multiple families living in small quarters -- their cases have always been high. Over the 4th holiday they shut the beaches down there -- guess who came to our coast to use our beaches?  Now our cases are skyrocketing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3029 on: July 18, 2020, 01:45:31 am »
I’m having a debate right now and need to know if the increased in positive COVID tests we keep hearing about are for current infections or for antibodies. Does anyone know?

What is the debate? Plague or pandemic?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3030 on: July 18, 2020, 02:14:12 am »
@Hoodat   @catfish1957

Isn't Arizona ALWAYS in the middle of a 110-120 degree heat wave?

Unless it is 100-110 F

Or you are at high altitudes, and it is 90

Seriously people studying this disease, have found that Vitamin D helps, and sunlight is a source of D, along with dietary supplements.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3031 on: July 18, 2020, 02:23:43 am »
Unless it is 100-110 F

Seriously people studying this disease, have found that Vitamin D helps, and sunlight is a source of D, along with dietary supplements.

Having optimal health and a good immune system is helpful in combating any virus or disease and certainly some vitamins help to boost the immune system, but so far no vitamin or supplement has been found to actually  prevent COVID.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #3032 on: July 18, 2020, 02:25:00 am »
Unless it is 100-110 F

Yep. It was claimed that there's a high correlation between those who got more ill and were Vitamin D deficient. I take 5,000 IU a day along with broad spectrum K2.

Offline DB

« Reply #3033 on: July 18, 2020, 02:25:41 am »
Having optimal health and a good immune system is helpful in combating any virus or disease and certainly some vitamins help to boost the immune system, but so far no vitamin or supplement has been found to actually  prevent COVID.

You still get things. Just much less severely.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3034 on: July 18, 2020, 02:29:45 am »
07-18-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  14.671 ↑   1.558 ↓
United States   12.257 ↑    2.165 ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Largest case rises occurred in FL, CA, TX, AZ, & GA.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  +97.

14-day Recovery Deficit - 1,007,291.

US Recoveries-to-deaths ratio climbs above 12.

Mortality rates (reported deaths / reported cases) for current focus states:

AZ - 1.86 %
CA - 2.03 %
FL - 1.47 %
TX - 1.22 %
GA - 2.32 %

To include unreported asymptomatic cases, divide those numbers by 7.

For comparison:
NJ - 8.62%
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3035 on: July 18, 2020, 02:32:53 am »
You still get things. Just much less severely.

Sometimes. Sometimes.

We just got some sad news. A former coworker and still a friend. His son and DIL had a baby yesterday. A little girl. My kids are tight with this kid.

Their baby died 4 hours after birth from no apparent cause or complication.

I am heartstricken.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3036 on: July 18, 2020, 02:37:25 am »
Sometimes. Sometimes.

We just got some sad news. A former coworker and still a friend. His son and DIL had a baby yesterday. A little girl. My kids are tight with this kid.

I am heartstricken.

How very very sad.  Prayers for everyone.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3037 on: July 18, 2020, 03:01:57 am »
How very very sad.  Prayers for everyone.

I hold your concern about covid as valid. But there is an entire host of death out there. Unseen and unbidden.

There is something else going on here. Not covid. It is merely another disease.

I am going to not submit. Not going to. They are doing something worse than destroying this country.

They are trying to subvert the WILL OF GOD. I don't ask for forgiveness. Nor do I expect it. But never have I or would try to supplant HIM. Defy "the man" yeah.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3038 on: July 18, 2020, 03:03:27 am »
Sometimes. Sometimes.

I am heartstricken.

Just_damn.  **nononono*
 :0001: :0001: :0001:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3039 on: July 18, 2020, 03:08:00 am »
I hold your concern about covid as valid. But there is an entire host of death out there. Unseen and unbidden.

There is something else going on here. Not covid. It is merely another disease.

I am going to not submit. Not going to. They are doing something worse than destroying this country.

They are trying to subvert the WILL OF GOD. I don't ask for forgiveness. Nor do I expect it. But never have I or would try to supplant HIM. Defy "the man" yeah.

It absolutely seems to be the case.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3040 on: July 18, 2020, 03:14:13 am »
Just_damn.  **nononono*
 :0001: :0001: :0001:

We lost 13 family and friends last year, Six this year. Not one from covid.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3041 on: July 18, 2020, 03:14:56 am »
I am going to listen to some Roxette.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3042 on: July 18, 2020, 03:21:00 am »

Wow ... I thought that I experienced a lot of loss in life (more so than others), but that is an enormous amount of loss. My heart really goes out to you. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3043 on: July 18, 2020, 03:26:19 am »
@Hoodat   @catfish1957

Isn't Arizona ALWAYS in the middle of a 110-120 degree heat wave?

:happyhappy:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3044 on: July 18, 2020, 03:46:37 am »
Sometimes. Sometimes.

I am heartstricken.
Sorry to hear that. Prayers up for the family and friends.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3045 on: July 18, 2020, 03:47:28 am »

That's a long hard row to hoe Fred.  **nononono* :0001:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3046 on: July 18, 2020, 04:47:25 am »
In a way. In away.

In an away I look at it as His Mercy. They deserved to taken back into His arms.

I noticed a change in 2013. There was a "shift". I have had these experiences all my life.

It had to do with a specific verse from Isaiah.

There is this thing.

People are mad. They are outraged. One side already fighting. The others saying...saying...they will...

This is hard to explain. In a way away.

If you seriously eff with me prepare to die.  So many people have a really hard time with the concept of looking another person in the eye and blowing their head off. But they have no problem with bombing Dresden or N Viet Nam in continuous waves.

All war is murder.

And this is my thing. No fog. No anger against the opponent (anger against the forces that brought us to that point). No mercy. No forgiveness.

I am nothing.

In the beginning.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3047 on: July 18, 2020, 10:48:41 pm »
Florida reported 100% positive COVID-19 tests from some labs. That's wrong, hospital system says

Frank Gluck & Dan DeLuca   |   Fort Myers News-Press   |   Updated 7/16/2020

FORT MYERS, Fla. – The Florida Department of Health in its daily COVID-19 report lists multiple laboratories throughout the state – many of them small testing sites – with 100% positivity rates, but Southwest Florida's dominant hospital system said Wednesday it is incorrect to say 100% of their labs are positive.

The Lee Health hospital system is reporting that its laboratory testing of potential COVID-19 cases has shown an overall positivity rate of about 18%, despite the state report showing that all people coming in for testing at some of its labs have the novel coronavirus.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/15/florida-coronavirus-tests-hospital-disputes-100-positive-report/5445139002/

This has been happening in Georgia as well.  A friend of my next door neighbor went to a center to get tested.  After a very long wait, the person left the facility without getting tested.  The following day, the person received notice that she had tested positive.  Someone here had posted a similar account a few days back.

Basically, the Dems can't get people to die quickly enough, so they are going after cases instead.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3048 on: July 18, 2020, 10:54:46 pm »
Florida reported 100% positive COVID-19 tests from some labs. That's wrong, hospital system says

Frank Gluck & Dan DeLuca   |   Fort Myers News-Press   |   Updated 7/16/2020

FORT MYERS, Fla. – The Florida Department of Health in its daily COVID-19 report lists multiple laboratories throughout the state – many of them small testing sites – with 100% positivity rates, but Southwest Florida's dominant hospital system said Wednesday it is incorrect to say 100% of their labs are positive.

The Lee Health hospital system is reporting that its laboratory testing of potential COVID-19 cases has shown an overall positivity rate of about 18%, despite the state report showing that all people coming in for testing at some of its labs have the novel coronavirus.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/15/florida-coronavirus-tests-hospital-disputes-100-positive-report/5445139002/

This has been happening in Georgia as well.  A friend of my next door neighbor went to a center to get tested.  After a very long wait, the person left the facility without getting tested.  The following day, the person received notice that she had tested positive.  Someone here had posted a similar account a few days back.

Basically, the Dems can't get people to die quickly enough, so they are going after cases instead.
The money quote. Testing here has been stepped up, and the number of active cases is up, but details are sketchy.
I have to note though, the age groups testing positive have had no fatalities at all Statewide.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #3049 on: July 18, 2020, 10:59:56 pm »
The more people who get it and the fewer people who die the better.

That is how we get this behind us.