Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159284 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #3000 on: July 17, 2020, 09:31:48 pm »
You live in a state that doesn't stand to gain a lot from fudging the numbers.  The polar opposite of the rat-infested states of NY, CA, MI and NJ.
Perhaps, but we're at an all time high for new cases...

Which begs the question about hot weather (90 degrees and sorta dry here today).

Wasn't that supposed to kill this stuff>> or did they lie about that, too?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3001 on: July 17, 2020, 09:41:08 pm »

Which begs the question about hot weather (90 degrees and sorta dry here today).

They threw a whole lot of bad information at us.  They told us masks were useless, until there were enough masks to force the entire population to use them, and now they're a Magical Pixie-Dust all-purpose talisman and if we don't all obey, we'll all die horribly (women and children hardest hit).  People have been shot over wearing masks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3002 on: July 17, 2020, 10:16:30 pm »

It's hot temperatures and high humidity that kills it, not dry.  And sunshine, too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3003 on: July 17, 2020, 10:21:57 pm »
It's hot temperatures and high humidity that kills it, not dry.  And sunshine, too.

Isn't AZ in the middle of a 110-120 degree heat wave?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #3004 on: July 17, 2020, 10:26:20 pm »

It's hot here in AZ... It is 106 right now and supposed to be 111 Sunday. It was 115 not long ago. The humidity has been low, about 4% a couple of weeks ago, but is finally rising for monsoon season.

The claim is humidity is the biggest factor on how long it can survive in the air. The higher humidity the shorter the survival time.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3005 on: July 17, 2020, 10:27:18 pm »

AZ is dry and hot --- so I don't think the heat has much of an impact.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3006 on: July 17, 2020, 10:30:55 pm »

Arizona is very dry.  Virus likes it dry.  The White House published numbers on this a few months back on temperatures, humidity levels, and UV radiation.  The higher the humidity, the less likely the virus can survive in the open.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3007 on: July 17, 2020, 10:35:07 pm »
Arizona is very dry.  Virus likes it dry.  The White House published numbers on this a few months back on temperatures, humidity levels, and UV radiation.  The higher the humidity, the less likely the virus can survive in the open.
You'd think it would be dying out in humid places, but the problem is that we cannot believe the numbers we're hearing. My former hometown, St. Louis, is incredibly hot and humid in the summer, but you can bet the "official" numbers show no decline - no matter what's actually happening. (Just checked the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and, you got it, new positive cases going up, up, up).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3008 on: July 17, 2020, 10:39:31 pm »
Sunlight, Humidity Damages Novel Coronavirus, Says the White House

Nikhila Natrajan | IANS24 April 2020TWC India

~ In a room at 70-75ºF (21-23ºC) temperature with 20 percent humidity, the half life of the virus is about an hour, according to Bryan. "But you get outside and it cuts down to a minute and a half, very significant difference when it when it gets hit with UV rays," he said.

According to the same research, the virus' half life on surfaces reduces dramatically with a combination increase of temperature and humidity. When the temperate is kept constant at 70-75ºF (21-23ºC) and only the humidity is cranked up from 20 percent to 80 percent, the virus' half life is shown to crash from 18 hours to 6 hours. If the temperature is increased to 95ºF (35ºC), the half life sinks to barely 60 minutes.

Bryan said this testing was done at DHS' advanced bio containment lab in Maryland, just outside the national capital. Pointing to charts with data from experiments on the coronavirus, Bryan said the virus' half life plunges "drastically" with exposure to higher temperatures and even minimal exposure to humidity.~

https://weather.com/en-IN/india/coronavirus/news/2020-04-24-sunlight-humidity-damages-novel-coronavirus-says-the-white-house

All this information was shared during a white house press conference.  But the only takeaway the press reported that day was that Trump recommended drinking bleach.  Remember that day?  This was crucial information on the spread of the virus from discharges from the nose and mouth.  And the press completely ignored it.

Keep in mind though that although your typical Phoenix summer temp is 110+.  But 99.9999% of the people remain indoors where it is much cooler (and even more dry).  The point is that if you stay indoors sharing the airspace with infected people, you are much more likely to contract the virus than if you hang out at a sunny beach with the same people.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3009 on: July 17, 2020, 10:42:08 pm »

And the dew point has been increasing.  It's not Monsoon level yet but it's working on it.  We had 120 here on Sunday.

I thought the heat thing was BS from the start.  The first hot spots were in the southern tier of states.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3010 on: July 17, 2020, 10:44:35 pm »
My former hometown, St. Louis, is incredibly hot and humid in the summer, but you can bet the "official" numbers show no decline - no matter what's actually happening.

Indoors, it is cool, dry, and no UV radiation.  Just like a cave that bats live in.  Coincidence?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3011 on: July 17, 2020, 10:59:53 pm »
Okay, it travels in droplets but likes it dry? 9999hair out0000

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3012 on: July 17, 2020, 11:04:48 pm »

That's my problem... it seems like a new rule comes out everyday and contradicts the rule from yesterday....

Offline DB

« Reply #3013 on: July 17, 2020, 11:08:35 pm »

Apparently that is also how the regular flu virus behaves. It isn't known why and seems contrary to what one would think. There are several theories that are being studied.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3014 on: July 17, 2020, 11:10:04 pm »

Maybe higher humidity causes droplets to weigh down and fall more easily instead of remaining airborne.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3015 on: July 17, 2020, 11:12:28 pm »
From DHS:

For me, the fact that the press completely ignored this gives it more credibility.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:13:17 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3016 on: July 17, 2020, 11:25:16 pm »
From DHS:

For me, the fact that the press completely ignored this gives it more credibility.
SO, basically, air conditioning (cooler, drier, air) extends the viral half life.

Recall when Trump got the horse laugh over piping sunlight into the lungs?
Well, duh.
High temp, high humidity, and add that UV exposure and that crap dies off fast.
I wonder if there is a way to incorporate fiber optics into intubation tubing to shine doses of UV into the lungs of later stage covid victims?

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3017 on: July 17, 2020, 11:36:43 pm »
SO, basically, air conditioning (cooler, drier, air) extends the viral half life.

Recall when Trump got the horse laugh over piping sunlight into the lungs?

It was during this same presser.

High temp, high humidity, and add that UV exposure and that crap dies off fast.

Yep.  And the press continues to ignore it.

I wonder if there is a way to incorporate fiber optics into intubation tubing to shine doses of UV into the lungs of later stage covid victims?

Aytu BioScience Signs Exclusive Global License with Cedars-Sinai for Potential Coronavirus Treatment

ENGLEWOOD, CO / ACCESSWIRE / April 20, 2020 / Aytu BioScience, Inc. (NASDAQ:AYTU) (the “Company”), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing novel products that address significant patient needs announced today that it has signed an exclusive worldwide license from Cedars-Sinai to develop and commercialize the Healight Platform Technology (“Healight”). This medical device technology platform, discovered and developed by scientists at Cedars-Sinai, is being studied as a potential first-in-class treatment for coronavirus and other respiratory infections.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3018 on: July 17, 2020, 11:41:00 pm »
That's my problem... it seems like a new rule comes out everyday and contradicts the rule from yesterday....

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3019 on: July 17, 2020, 11:48:20 pm »
From DHS:

I wonder if there is a current version.... This one is 2 months old..

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3020 on: July 18, 2020, 01:12:10 am »
My little tinfoil hat self says those were just the excuse for the travel that was used to redistribute the virus for the next wave.

How hard would it be to seed the crowd with a few infected asymptomatic folks... I Have no proof, but how convenient... Especially with every city center standing down ad letting it happen... It's almost a textbook move.

I can't prove it. But it has a stench.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3021 on: July 18, 2020, 01:15:07 am »

HoldOnNow... Like anybody is outside in that... They are all in the HVAC, right?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3022 on: July 18, 2020, 01:16:51 am »
Indoors, it is cool, dry, and no UV radiation.  Just like a cave that bats live in.  Coincidence?

Kinda like AZ in the air conditioning too

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3023 on: July 18, 2020, 01:30:22 am »
YOU are a cynical SOB @sneakypete !  Join the club! And don't forget DIFI's long time driver turned out to be a CHICOM agent.

wink777 :beer:

@Bigun

"Driver"?????? What an odd way to spell "bagman".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3024 on: July 18, 2020, 01:33:28 am »

@Hoodat   @catfish1957

Isn't Arizona ALWAYS in the middle of a 110-120 degree heat wave?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!