Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159123 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2850 on: July 09, 2020, 09:47:42 pm »
I grew up in Nederland and went to school with some of these guys.

Hollanders? Is it a Dutch community?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2851 on: July 09, 2020, 09:53:42 pm »
Bet they have some Schexnaydres there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2852 on: July 09, 2020, 10:18:01 pm »
Doctors Break Down COVID Response and the Demonization of HCQ, DOCTORS TELL ALL

Julie Carr   |   July 1, 2020

In this interview, Dr. Simone Gold and Dr. Dan Wohlgelernter discuss the country’s failure to protect the elderly from the coronavirus and also sort out information around Hydroxychloroquine.

Good info.  Death rate is 0.3%.  Transcript at website.

https://theohiostar.com/2020/07/01/doctors-break-down-covid-response-and-the-demonization-of-hcq-doctors-tell-all/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2854 on: July 09, 2020, 10:24:53 pm »

In other countries -- particularly Italy -- the infection curve jumped WAY up early on, stayed there for a short time, and then began to rapidly drop back toward the baseline.

But not here.

It "reached a peak" relatively early, but then fell back down only partially, stayed that way, and now seems to be moving upwards again. WAY upwards.

Why is that?

I don't believe it to be "phony reporting". I could believe that, say, 25% of all new cases weren't properly substantiated, but not most of them.

Yes, deaths have dropped significantly, and are now approaching baseline. I attribute this to the medical community's increasing knowledge of how to treat the disease, once people have it.

But covid's ability to infect is craftier than our ability to prevent such infections.
Or are we -- as Americans -- too rebellious and independent to "conform" to the degree that such conformity of behavior could begin forcing down the infection curve...?

Here, locally in SW Connecticut, we are doing pretty well.
As best I can gather in maintaining my "infection spreadsheet", there's been only 1 reported new infection in town in the past week (compared to a couple of months back when the number was around 30 per day). Hoping to see this trend continue...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:26:00 pm by Fishrrman »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2855 on: July 09, 2020, 10:30:34 pm »
Wohlgelernter: I’ve prescribed [hydroxychloroquine]. I’ve also recommended it to people. I’ve had conversations with people literally around the world in Israel and Italy and England and the east coast of the United States. And I’ve read the literature extensively. So hydroxychloroquine definitely has a role. That role is specific.
It’s an anti-viral agent that is effective in the early stages of infection. When used in that context it is effective and it is safe. Unfortunately, there have been studies that have looked at hydroxychloroquine but have looked at it in the wrong context. They looked at it for severely and critically ill people in the hospital setting.
At that point, the antiviral is not effective because you’ve gone beyond viral infection to a new mediated widespread inflammatory reaction. So that was the wrong population to look at hydroxychloroquine in. And that kind of study, that sabotages the whole story about hydroxychloroquine. I’m not certain why they were designed that way.

https://theohiostar.com/2020/07/01/doctors-break-down-covid-response-and-the-demonization-of-hcq-doctors-tell-all/

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2856 on: July 09, 2020, 10:31:06 pm »
We have always had flu's.  SAR'S, SWINE FLU, ENTEROVIRUS.  We still have these flu's in our country.  COVID is just another one and not a severe as first thought.  SO, since COVID....NO OTHER ILLNESS OR FLU'S?   I read that 1.5 MILLION people died from  diabeties alone.  That is MORE than COIVD.  Then we have cancer, heart attacks, lung disease.  Sick of talking about COVID.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2857 on: July 09, 2020, 10:54:38 pm »
Fatality Rates by State
Reported Fatalities to Reported Cases

USA StateFatality %
Connecticut9.21 %
New Jersey8.69 %
Michigan8.35 %
New York7.61 %
Massachusetts7.45 %
Pennsylvania7.06 %
New Hampshire6.48 %
Rhode Island5.64 %
Indiana5.52 %
District Of Columbia5.32 %
Ohio4.89 %
Illinois4.83 %
Colorado4.79 %
Louisiana4.66 %
Maryland4.6 %
Vermont4.41 %
USA Total4.22 %
Delaware4.12 %
Missouri4.04 %
Minnesota3.8 %
New Mexico3.73 %
Mississippi3.58 %
Washington3.53 %
Kentucky3.35 %
Maine3.2 %
Virginia2.84 %
Georgia2.74 %
West Virginia2.48 %
Wisconsin2.38 %
Nevada2.28 %
California2.26 %
Iowa2.23 %
Oklahoma2.22 %
Alabama2.17 %
North Dakota2.09 %
Oregon2.07 %
North Carolina1.87 %
Arizona1.8 %
South Carolina1.78 %
Florida1.72 %
Montana1.67 %
Kansas1.64 %
Hawaii1.62 %
Nebraska1.38 %
South Dakota1.37 %
Alaska1.32 %
Texas1.27 %
Tennessee1.23 %
Arkansas1.18 %
Wyoming1.17 %
Idaho1.09 %
Utah0.75 %

This is based on 'reported' infections.  It does not include unreported asymptomatic ones.
Guideline for including unreported cases - divide by percentage 7.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2858 on: July 09, 2020, 11:04:00 pm »
In other words, the general pattern has been that the earlier the peak was, the higher the fatality rate. Since testing capacity was so low at the early part of the outbreak, that's to be expected.

Could the current Mexican wave be less deadly than the Italian wave? Perhaps—we do know the pattern of infection is far different because of the lack of lockdowns.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2859 on: July 09, 2020, 11:04:08 pm »
Doctors Break Down COVID Response and the Demonization of HCQ, DOCTORS TELL ALL

Julie Carr   |   July 1, 2020

In this interview, Dr. Simone Gold and Dr. Dan Wohlgelernter discuss the country’s failure to protect the elderly from the coronavirus and also sort out information around Hydroxychloroquine.

Good info.  Death rate is 0.3%.  Transcript at website.

:yowsa: pointing-up
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 11:05:08 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2860 on: July 10, 2020, 12:55:03 am »
Hollanders? Is it a Dutch community?

Yes, originally settled by the Dutch in the late 1800's, with ties to Holland, MI, De Ridder, LA, and De Quincy, LA.  Quite a few descendants still there with surnames like Reinstra, De Vries, Doorrnbos, Ritter.  Tex Ritter's hometown.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2861 on: July 10, 2020, 12:56:02 am »
This is about VACCINES....from a LADY DOCTOR.  STARTS AT ABOUT  20:00.   

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2862 on: July 10, 2020, 01:03:50 am »
Yes, originally settled by the Dutch in the late 1800's, with ties to Holland, MI, De Ridder, LA, and De Quincy, LA.  Quite a few descendants still there with surnames like Reinstra, De Vries, Doorrnbos, Ritter.  Tex Ritter's hometown.

Excellent... I am related to DeVries and Doornbos... Kinda like Bozeman up in here... Only place in the state they can spell my name, and it always catches me by surprise when they don't ask.  :laugh:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2863 on: July 10, 2020, 01:24:59 am »
07-10-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  13.643 ↑   1.598↓
United States   10.502 ↑    2.257 ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Largest case rises occurred in TX, FL, CA, AZ, and GA.

Today's new US Deaths compared to new deaths seven days ago:  +310.

Uptick in deaths for third consecutive day. About one-half of today's deaths occurred in CA, FL, NJ, and TX.

14-day Recovery Deficit - 942,338.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2864 on: July 10, 2020, 02:13:07 am »
You know, we have deaths every year from flu's....COVID is mild in comparison. 

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #2865 on: July 10, 2020, 03:24:14 am »
Big surprise - the surge is located in places with a ton of hispanics. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2866 on: July 10, 2020, 05:47:53 am »
Big surprise - the surge is located in places with a ton of hispanics.
We have had a surge here, as well. The numbers are smaller, but we'd hit a statewide low of 211 active cases on 6/22, a month after the high of 670 active cases on 5/22. By 7/9 we're at 440 active cases and climbing.

I cant find a clear correlation between the Antifa/BLM traveling roadshow, and need to go back and find when redefinitions were issued for COVID-19 case determinations, if any have been.I'm trying to see if this might be a testing artifact as well, because increased testing will lead to the discovery of asymptomatic cases.

All I know for certain is that I only have a couple of days to get some building supplies before the local store will be requiring masks to shop there. (Yeah, try loading building materials while breathing through a mask.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2867 on: July 10, 2020, 05:52:39 am »
You know, we have deaths every year from flu's....COVID is mild in comparison.

China Flu Deaths - .02%

Last Flu Season - .08%
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2868 on: July 10, 2020, 06:16:04 am »
We have had a surge here, as well. The numbers are smaller, but we'd hit a statewide low of 211 active cases on 6/22, a month after the high of 670 active cases on 5/22. By 7/9 we're at 440 active cases and climbing.

I cant find a clear correlation between the Antifa/BLM traveling roadshow, and need to go back and find when redefinitions were issued for COVID-19 case determinations, if any have been.I'm trying to see if this might be a testing artifact as well, because increased testing will lead to the discovery of asymptomatic cases.

All I know for certain is that I only have a couple of days to get some building supplies before the local store will be requiring masks to shop there. (Yeah, try loading building materials while breathing through a mask.)
No worries. From what I have seen the "enforcement" is pretty lax. As long as you have a visible mask around your neck or somewhere close to your mouth, that seems to count. Don't take this crap too seriously. I certainly do not.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2869 on: July 10, 2020, 02:59:03 pm »
Fatality Rates by State
Reported Fatalities to Reported Cases

USA StateFatality %
Connecticut9.21 %
New Jersey8.69 %
Michigan8.35 %
New York7.61 %
Massachusetts7.45 %
Pennsylvania7.06 %
New Hampshire6.48 %
Rhode Island5.64 %
Indiana5.52 %
District Of Columbia5.32 %
Ohio4.89 %
Illinois4.83 %
Colorado4.79 %
Louisiana4.66 %
Maryland4.6 %
Vermont4.41 %
USA Total4.22 %
Delaware4.12 %
Missouri4.04 %
Minnesota3.8 %
New Mexico3.73 %
Mississippi3.58 %
Washington3.53 %
Kentucky3.35 %
Maine3.2 %
Virginia2.84 %
Georgia2.74 %
West Virginia2.48 %
Wisconsin2.38 %
Nevada2.28 %
California2.26 %
Iowa2.23 %
Oklahoma2.22 %
Alabama2.17 %
North Dakota2.09 %
Oregon2.07 %
North Carolina1.87 %
Arizona1.8 %
South Carolina1.78 %
Florida1.72 %
Montana1.67 %
Kansas1.64 %
Hawaii1.62 %
Nebraska1.38 %
South Dakota1.37 %
Alaska1.32 %
Texas1.27 %
Tennessee1.23 %
Arkansas1.18 %
Wyoming1.17 %
Idaho1.09 %
Utah0.75 %

This is based on 'reported' infections.  It does not include unreported asymptomatic ones.
Guideline for including unreported cases - divide by percentage 7.

Roughly, just under 1% of the population, by way of case numbers reported, now has, or has had, the virus,
New York @ 2%, a handful of states at 1.9 to 1%.
Most states below 1 % of their population that has been or is currently infected.
A remarkably low infection, and death rate, all things considered.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2870 on: July 10, 2020, 03:17:09 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2871 on: July 10, 2020, 06:51:14 pm »
My 20 year old great nephew just tested positive.  He was sent home with hydroxychloroquin / zinc / z pac regimen.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2872 on: July 10, 2020, 06:53:17 pm »
My 20 year old great nephew just tested positive.  He was sent home with hydroxychloroquin / zinc / z pac regimen.

I take it he does not live in New York, because that drug combo is illegal there.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2873 on: July 10, 2020, 06:57:56 pm »
There is a really good chance that will take care of it for him. It is increasingly coming out that the regimen is effective, especially so early in the disease (despite the heavily promoted flawed studies early on which have been retracted (nearly unheard of!) by Lancet and nejm saying Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine were no good).

Dev Zelenko was right! (and should get the Nobel for medicine, despite being censored off YouTube and Fecebook).

In this sense, the willingness of Administrative doctors to put politics ahead of good science should not only cause some staffing changes, but alert scientists everywhere to examine what is being said and speak out if it is wrong.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:59:32 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2874 on: July 10, 2020, 06:58:01 pm »

WATCH: A One Minute Coronavirus ‘Breath Test’ Test Has Been Invented
By United Patriot News -July 7, 2020

The creation of a fast COVID-19 breathalyzer could have gigantic ramifications for air travel, with borders ready to be re-opened and travelers tested before flying.

A one-minute breath test to tell whether somebody has coronavirus could be introduced at several worldwide passage focuses in the event that it gets endorsement from the US Food and Drug Administration.

The cunning contraption, which utilizes recurrence to recognize the dangerous SARS-CoV-2, was planned by a group based at an Israeli college and has a triumph pace of in excess of 90 percent in preliminaries to-date.

(more)
https://www.unitedpatriotnews.com/general/watch-a-one-minute-coronavirus-breath-test-test-has-been-invented/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.