Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159320 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2400 on: May 20, 2020, 08:55:15 pm »
Well dead people do vote Democrat.

In droves....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2401 on: May 20, 2020, 08:57:53 pm »
I posted yesterday that DeWine has lifted all the emergency orders. You can now legally do just about anything in Ohio now.

Yep.  Good place to live.  :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2402 on: May 20, 2020, 08:59:19 pm »
Went to a liquor store today. Lots of people. Nobody had a mask on, except the checkout register person. Probably because they have to wear them to stay open. While there, a delivery crew came in with cases of this or that. None of them had a mask. This 'mask thing' is quickly losing steam. It's my choice if I wear it or not. This is America.

I wear a bandana around my neck in case someone gets snippy. I can always pull it up even though it does nothing in terms of viruses. 
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2403 on: May 20, 2020, 09:00:57 pm »
@musiclady

Win/win for the left,as long as it's not THEIR elderly.

Yeah.......... like Biden, Sanders or Pelosi.  :whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2404 on: May 20, 2020, 09:03:12 pm »
Went to a liquor store today. Lots of people. Nobody had a mask on, except the checkout register person. Probably because they have to wear them to stay open. While there, a delivery crew came in with cases of this or that. None of them had a mask. This 'mask thing' is quickly losing steam. It's my choice if I wear it or not. This is America.

I wear a bandana around my neck in case someone gets snippy. I can always pull it up even though it does nothing in terms of viruses. 

That’s interesting.  My husband went shopping today and his observation is that mask usage is increasing.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2405 on: May 20, 2020, 09:09:06 pm »

Yeah. None here too, except the bank which was weird as heck... I guess the Albertson's is marked out for 1 way aisles, but I honestly didn't notice. I hear tell the Costco has a mask requirement in place... That's gonna be a fun confrontation when I get up there, if it is true...

But the bandana is a great idea. I might ought to do that just to satisfy the chicken littles.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2406 on: May 20, 2020, 09:12:17 pm »

I noticed the same thing today @240B  It had been everyone was wearing a mask (and gloves) .... now you see a mask every third or fourth person.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2407 on: May 20, 2020, 09:29:08 pm »
I noticed the same thing today @240B  It had been everyone was wearing a mask (and gloves) .... now you see a mask every third or fourth person.

It's never been like that here... Maybe 1 in 20 or 1 in 50... Old folks that ought to... Or maybe just the allergy afflicted, which is a thing this time of year...

That seems crazy to me, with EVERYBODY wearing masks. Never seen the like of it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2408 on: May 20, 2020, 10:29:40 pm »

I don't mind covering my face when going into a building. If it helps slow things down, and there's some evidence it does, it gives government that much less grounds to keep everything locked down (not that they had much grounds to do so in the first place). I don't get why people are so hot and bothered by it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2409 on: May 20, 2020, 10:33:59 pm »
It's never been like that here... Maybe 1 in 20 or 1 in 50... Old folks that ought to... Or maybe just the allergy afflicted, which is a thing this time of year...

That seems crazy to me, with EVERYBODY wearing masks. Never seen the like of it.

I had a cop stop his car and give me the hard-eyed screw because I was walking along without a mask.

I had a coffee in my hand, fer crying out loud. But dug a mask out of my pocket just for him.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2410 on: May 20, 2020, 10:35:08 pm »
I don't mind covering my face when going into a building. If it helps slow things down, and there's some evidence it does, it gives government that much less grounds to keep everything locked down (not that they had much grounds to do so in the first place). I don't get why people are so hot and bothered by it.

To get the government to ease the lockdown, all you have to do is comply. That's why.

And it don't do nothing. It's a farce. It may protect the guy in front of you from high speed projectiles from a cough or sneeze, but it blows out the sides of the mask instead, there for the guy behind you to walk through. Nothing but a pacifier, and a show of compliance.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2411 on: May 20, 2020, 10:39:13 pm »
I had a cop stop his car and give me the hard-eyed screw because I was walking along without a mask.

I had a coffee in my hand, fer crying out loud. But dug a mask out of my pocket just for him.

REALLY? Outside? Not here.
And he'd have to haul me in. with a complimentary KMA bestowed upon him.
I hear tell I have to wear a mask to get into the Costco, and I am seriously considering never setting foot in there again over it. I PAY to go there. I have a contract for admission. It didn't say a dam thing about any masks.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2412 on: May 20, 2020, 10:49:14 pm »
I read a couple of different sources for this local story.

Here is the gist:

Wyatt Maser, 23, was responding to the area of Bone Road and 9th South around 5:20 a.m. to investigate a rollover crash. Officials say when Maser arrived, he encountered a woman who was walking away from the scene holding a machete. Maser followed on foot and tried to talk to her.

While Maser and another deputy tried to take the woman into custody, Sgt. Randy Flegel, who was responding to the area to assist, came upon the woman and two deputies in the roadway and hit Maser with his vehicle.

Police and emergency responders attempted life-saving measures, and he was rushed to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center; however, Maser succumbed to his injuries.

None of the articles mentioned anyone involved was wearing a mask. Unfreakingbelievable. A life could have been saved if ONLY they had been wearing MASKS.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2413 on: May 20, 2020, 10:50:25 pm »
JPMorgan: infection rates after lockdowns are lifted... on the whole... have dropped.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 11:03:26 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2414 on: May 20, 2020, 10:53:35 pm »
JPMorgan: infection rates after lockdowns are lifted... on the whole... have dropped.

Could you resize those? Please.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2415 on: May 20, 2020, 11:03:39 pm »
Could you resize those? Please.
Done. Is that better?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2416 on: May 20, 2020, 11:05:36 pm »
Done. Is that better?

Yes. Thank you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2417 on: May 20, 2020, 11:10:11 pm »
You know people. Wearing a mask all the time is bad for you. Get out and breathe that fresh air that is full of molds, fungi, germs, allergens  and other viruses so your immune system stays healthy.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2418 on: May 20, 2020, 11:11:50 pm »
You know people. Wearing a mask all the time is bad for you. Get out and breathe that fresh air that is full of molds, fungi, germs, allergens  and other viruses so your immune system stays healthy.
Agreed. I only wear it when I'm in a public building. The moment I step out the door, it's off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2419 on: May 21, 2020, 12:31:21 am »
The elderly tend to vote more conservatively, so.............

@GrouchoTex

They also tend to have assets you can inherit.

Not that I think anyone on the left would be so crass as to lust after material things,you understand.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2420 on: May 21, 2020, 12:34:08 am »
@GrouchoTex

They also tend to have assets you can inherit.

Not that I think anyone on the left would be so crass as to lust after material things,you understand.

I gave my kid every incentive to leave me alone.  My will has all assets going to the AZ Humane Society.  Hope he enjoys his Canadian dollar.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2421 on: May 21, 2020, 12:55:58 am »
I gave my kid every incentive to leave me alone.  My will has all assets going to the AZ Humane Society.  Hope he enjoys his Canadian dollar.

@Cyber Liberty

Similar situation here. Everything I own gets sold,and I have two  friends that barely even know each other signed up to handle the sale of my antique cars and trucks,tools,parts,guns,gunsmith tools,and my real property.

One of these guys not only knows cars (he restores them and owns and runs a auto machine shop),but he grew up in a house with a father that was a gun dealer and gun collector. He knows what they are worth.

For their trouble,they each get 10 percent of net after the dust settles. Which should make a pretty nice payday for both. I am also hoping it will make each of them greedy enough to try to squeeze every dime out of this stuff that it is worth.

Half the remainder after expenses goes to the national Feline Hope because the local woman who runs the local branch is useless and uses the money to do stuff like build a house for her cats to live in.

The other half goes to Juvenile Diabetes research.

I have recently decided to cut in the Danny Thomas children's hospital in Tn for a 3rd cut,so I am going to have to get my will rewritten.

Right now each has a copy of my will,as does the lawyer that wrote it that is supposed to supervise the sales,and there is another copy on file at the court house.

I am stunned at the number of people that die with no will in place,and leave everybody to fight over everything in court,while it all goes to hell and lawyers fees as they spend years fighting each other over it. I personally know of houses that were very nice houses when their owners died that have been sitting vacant and unused for a couple of decades now because there was no will and none of the owners children is willing to allow any of the other children to live in it or rent it out. Roofs are caved in,floors are rotted out,etc,etc,etc.

People,if you own property and have relatives,get a will made TODAY!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:00:48 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2422 on: May 21, 2020, 02:08:44 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Similar situation here. Everything I own gets sold,and I have two  friends that barely even know each other signed up to handle the sale of my antique cars and trucks,tools,parts,guns,gunsmith tools,and my real property.

One of these guys not only knows cars (he restores them and owns and runs a auto machine shop),but he grew up in a house with a father that was a gun dealer and gun collector. He knows what they are worth.

For their trouble,they each get 10 percent of net after the dust settles. Which should make a pretty nice payday for both. I am also hoping it will make each of them greedy enough to try to squeeze every dime out of this stuff that it is worth.

Half the remainder after expenses goes to the national Feline Hope because the local woman who runs the local branch is useless and uses the money to do stuff like build a house for her cats to live in.

The other half goes to Juvenile Diabetes research.

I have recently decided to cut in the Danny Thomas children's hospital in Tn for a 3rd cut,so I am going to have to get my will rewritten.

Right now each has a copy of my will,as does the lawyer that wrote it that is supposed to supervise the sales,and there is another copy on file at the court house.

I am stunned at the number of people that die with no will in place,and leave everybody to fight over everything in court,while it all goes to hell and lawyers fees as they spend years fighting each other over it. I personally know of houses that were very nice houses when their owners died that have been sitting vacant and unused for a couple of decades now because there was no will and none of the owners children is willing to allow any of the other children to live in it or rent it out. Roofs are caved in,floors are rotted out,etc,etc,etc.

Great advice!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2423 on: May 21, 2020, 02:58:19 am »

I can't keep up with their ever changing narrative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2424 on: May 21, 2020, 02:58:55 am »

Ain't like that... In my case they'll be arguing which one has to come up and burn the place down  :whistle: