Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159325 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2275 on: May 17, 2020, 10:05:42 pm »
For noting this, I am called paranoid.  Go figger. :shrug:

Dope smokers are paranoid. You must be one of those weed puffin hippies too.

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2276 on: May 17, 2020, 10:25:21 pm »

That must be it.  Flashbacks from the 70's.

:drunk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2277 on: May 17, 2020, 10:27:16 pm »
Oh lucky me. I have many respirators... Pretty good ones. I have no idea where they are... But I don't own own of those silly ass masks. And I won't wear one.

And I won't have to.

I've been half tempted just break out my M40 protective mask just to freak people out.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2278 on: May 17, 2020, 10:28:42 pm »
Oh lucky me. I have many respirators... Pretty good ones. I have no idea where they are... But I don't own own of those silly ass masks. And I won't wear one.

And I won't have to.

I just found my kid's old paintball mask.  Maybe I should wear that to the Home Despot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2279 on: May 17, 2020, 10:30:59 pm »
I've been half tempted just break out my M40 protective mask just to freak people out.

LOL!

A trailer hitch with a couple tanks towed around behind you as you're walking along might be a nice touch...  :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2280 on: May 17, 2020, 10:39:19 pm »
LOL!

A trailer hitch with a couple tanks towed around behind you as you're walking along might be a nice touch...  :laugh:

888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

« Reply #2281 on: May 17, 2020, 10:40:02 pm »
I just found my kid's old paintball mask.  Maybe I should wear that to the Home Despot.

It all depends, is their paint all over it or is it fairly clean?   happy77    I've seen masks with smiley 'joker faces' and camouflage; anything goes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2282 on: May 17, 2020, 10:51:28 pm »
It all depends, is their paint all over it or is it fairly clean?   happy77    I've seen masks with smiley 'joker faces' and camouflage; anything goes.

It's clean, had not been hit with a ball.  It looks like a Darth Vader mask with eyes you can see through.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #2283 on: May 17, 2020, 11:19:51 pm »

@roamer_1

I passed that point of Paranoid back in the 70's (on pot).  With my extensive experience I have now perfected that into '"I'm OK, It's YOU that is f*cked Up!.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2284 on: May 17, 2020, 11:22:52 pm »
In many states, it is illegal to enter a store with a mask on.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #2285 on: May 17, 2020, 11:25:06 pm »
It's clean, had not been hit with a ball.  It looks like a Darth Vader mask with eyes you can see through.

Go for it!  It matches your "secret agent man" persona.  888blackhat
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2286 on: May 17, 2020, 11:32:47 pm »
That won't freak anyone out. People are wearing Spiderman, Batman, KKK, Cat, masks among others. People are wearing all kinds of weird crap out there. I'm not sure all of them know it is a joke. They just heard 'wear a mask', so they wore a mask.

Turquoise Light Blue Mask Boys and Girls Venetian Masquerade ball Dress up Party
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2287 on: May 17, 2020, 11:41:05 pm »
I have an old WWII/Korea era gas mask, but I have full face respirator and tyveks, and nitrile gauntlets, too...

Decisions, decisions...

Correction, it's an M17A2 model, after 1959.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 12:00:13 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2288 on: May 17, 2020, 11:45:10 pm »

@txradioguy

People will try to either buy it from you,or shame you out of it by telling you they need it for a child.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2289 on: May 18, 2020, 02:13:38 am »
@roamer_1

I passed that point of Paranoid back in the 70's (on pot).  With my extensive experience I have now perfected that into '"I'm OK, It's YOU that is f*cked Up!.

LOL! And you may be right...  :beer:

Online corbe

« Reply #2290 on: May 18, 2020, 03:32:03 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2292 on: May 18, 2020, 02:39:16 pm »
Coronavirus cases have yet to spike in US areas reopening, HHS head says

We should find out after two weeks whether or not there's a spike.

Retail here opened last week, so in another week, we'll find out if there are any significant additional cases.

Yesterday's numbers in Ohio were very promising....... 384 additional cases from Saturday to Sunday (confirmed), and only 15 additional confirmed deaths (some of the lowest numbers since early April).

Since deaths are a lagging indicator, it will probably take longer to assess if opening up has affected things, but the number of cases should show up in the next week.  We've had patio dining in restaurants open up already, and indoor eating will come later this week.  (The bars are where the trouble will probably be...... social distancing while drunk is not likely).

I'll be keeping track of the numbers (confirmed, not the additional CDC numbers) and report back as to whether or not we've had a spike here.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 02:40:54 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2293 on: May 18, 2020, 03:45:04 pm »
Coronavirus cases have yet to spike in US areas reopening, HHS head says

@jmyrlefuller

WTH?????

HOW is he in a position to make that claim,when it can ONLY be made a couple of weeks after the peak infection level has passed,and is determined to have passed by the lower number of new cases?

Whoever misspoke THAT brain fart needs to be fired.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2294 on: May 18, 2020, 04:02:34 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

WTH?????

HOW is he in a position to make that claim,when it can ONLY be made a couple of weeks after the peak infection level has passed,and is determined to have passed by the lower number of new cases?

We started opening the last week of April @sneakypete ... with no bump in incidents whatsoever. But then, we hardly had it here anyhow.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2295 on: May 18, 2020, 05:15:48 pm »
05-18-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  6.482 ↑  2.227 ↓
United States  3.807 ↑  4.410 ↓
China 16.881 ↓  1.060 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 750,755
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 29.1 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 35.1 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Global recovery rates (reported) are over twice US rates.  Recoveries continue to go unreported.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2296 on: May 18, 2020, 05:31:34 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

WTH?????

Consider, though: the average incubation period is about 5½ days, and testing has improved, both in speed and availability, dramatically since the beginning of the outbreak. Now instead of 2-3 weeks from the date of infection, it's closer to 7-10 days on average before the positive test shows up—and that's even before contact tracing catches any asymptomatic carriers in a positive case's inner circle. So it's likely that any substantial increase would start showing up by now.

(He also said "yet.")
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2297 on: May 18, 2020, 05:44:25 pm »
Consider, though: the average incubation period is about 5½ days, and testing has improved, both in speed and availability, dramatically since the beginning of the outbreak. Now instead of 2-3 weeks from the date of infection, it's closer to 7-10 days on average before the positive test shows up—and that's even before contact tracing catches any asymptomatic carriers in a positive case's inner circle. So it's likely that any substantial increase would start showing up by now.

(He also said "yet.")

@jmyrlefuller
thanks.

Ok,I guess I will tone my grumble down to a whine. For the time being,anyhow.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2298 on: May 18, 2020, 08:12:14 pm »
Avoiding Risks During Reopening

Fascinating study of how the Coronavirus has spread (factually) and how to avoid the risks of being in the same situation.  Remembering that many, many people are asymptomatic (and in these particular cases were not showing any signs of the disease), it's good to know what situations to avoid, and which are less risky.

For example, being in an enclosed indoor space (even with social distancing) is much riskier than being together outside.

The article lists some risky situations based on where the disease actually spread.  Especially interesting to me was the tragic choir rehearsal in Washington, where precautions were taken to keep people safe, yet 45 of 60 people in the choir got sick and two died....

Choir: The community choir in Washington State. Even though people were aware of the virus and took steps to minimize transfer; e.g. they avoided the usual handshakes and hugs hello, people also brought their own music to avoid sharing, and socially distanced themselves during practice. They even went to the lengths to tell choir members prior to practice that anyone experiencing symptoms should stay home.  A single asymptomatic carrier infected most of the people in attendance. The choir sang for 2 1/2 hours, inside an enclosed rehearsal hall which was roughly the size of a volleyball court.

Singing, to a greater degree than talking, aerosolizes respiratory droplets extraordinarily well. Deep-breathing while singing facilitated those respiratory droplets getting deep into the lungs. Two and half hours of exposure ensured that people were exposed to enough virus over a long enough period of time for infection to take place. Over a period of 4 days, 45 of the 60 choir members developed symptoms, 2 died. The youngest infected was 31, but they averaged 67 years old. (corrected link)

Good reason for churches NOT to have choir practice.  The infected person was asymptomatic and precautions were taken and yet.....

The restaurant example from China is particularly revealing because some people near the (asymptomatic) infected person did not get sick because of the air flow, but many others did.... (diagram in article)

Restaurants: Some really great shoe-leather epidemiology demonstrated clearly the effect of a single asymptomatic carrier in a restaurant environment (see below). The infected person (A1) sat at a table and had dinner with 9 friends. Dinner took about 1 to 1.5 hours. During this meal, the asymptomatic carrier released low-levels of virus into the air from their breathing. Airflow (from the restaurant's various airflow vents) was from right to left. Approximately 50% of the people at the infected person's table became sick over the next 7 days. 75% of the people on the adjacent downwind table became infected. And even 2 of the 7 people on the upwind table were infected (believed to happen by turbulent airflow). No one at tables E or F became infected, they were out of the main airflow from the air conditioner on the right to the exhaust fan on the left of the room. (Ref)

It's critical that we continue to open up the economy, but it's also important that we understand how to keep as safe as possible.

For those interested, it's a good read.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2299 on: May 18, 2020, 08:20:37 pm »
Avoiding Risks During Reopening

Fascinating study of how the Coronavirus has spread (factually) and how to avoid the risks of being in the same situation.  Remembering that many, many people are asymptomatic (and in these particular cases were not showing any signs of the disease), it's good to know what situations to avoid, and which are less risky.

For example, being in an enclosed indoor space (even with social distancing) is much riskier than being together outside.

The article lists some risky situations based on where the disease actually spread.  Especially interesting to me was the tragic choir rehearsal in Washington, where precautions were taken to keep people safe, yet 45 of 60 people in the choir got sick and two died....

Good reason for churches NOT to have choir practice.  The infected person was asymptomatic and precautions were taken and yet.....

The restaurant example from China is particularly revealing because some people near the (asymptomatic) infected person did not get sick because of the air flow, but many others did.... (diagram in article)

It's critical that we continue to open up the economy, but it's also important that we understand how to keep as safe as possible.

For those interested, it's a good read.

That's very interesting News we can Use!  Thanks!   :beer:
I will NOT comply.