Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159303 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2200 on: May 16, 2020, 11:43:46 pm »
See these?

Guess what?  They aren't called "face masks."  They're called "spit masks."  Their purpose is to catch the saliva of the wearer, and do zero to protect the wearer from any kind of germs and viruses.  I used them for years in a Clean Room where people wear bunny suits.

But, they are now being marketed like they're protective face masks.  A Talisman to ward off germs.  Howard Hughes would be in heaven.

The masks that help are N95 masks.  This is a N95 mask:

The N95 masks help healthcare workers dealing with a already infected people in a hospital environment...that is true.

They do nothing for the general public shopping at a Walmart.

“Seriously people — STOP BUYING MASKS!” the surgeon general, Jerome M. Adams, said in a tweet on Saturday morning. “They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if health care providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/29/health/coronavirus-n95-face-masks.html

ETA: I see people waring what you call "spit masks" incorrectly 95% of the time.  I shake my head when I see it stopping below an persons nose or someone who talking other call phone pulls it down completely off their face to talk on their cell phone or make an announcement on a PA system.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 11:45:22 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2201 on: May 16, 2020, 11:59:07 pm »
See these?

Guess what?  They aren't called "face masks."  They're called "spit masks."  Their purpose is to catch the saliva of the wearer, and do zero to protect the wearer from any kind of germs and viruses.  I used them for years in a Clean Room where people wear bunny suits.

But, they are now being marketed like they're protective face masks.  A Talisman to ward off germs.  Howard Hughes would be in heaven.

The dump valve on that n-95 mask indicates it is there to protect the wearer and filter air going in, not the air coming out. All that other junk is there to protect everyone else from the wearer, not the wearer from everyone else.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2202 on: May 17, 2020, 12:06:18 am »
New coronavirus may spread through poop

This is an actual article.  I wasn't going to link it because it the same old story.

ESAD

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-through-feces.html
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2203 on: May 17, 2020, 12:07:58 am »
New coronavirus may spread through poop

This is an actual article.  I wasn't going to link it because it the same old story.

ESAD

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-through-feces.html

Sorry...I'm still laughing from when I heard it's in semen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2204 on: May 17, 2020, 12:10:36 am »
Sorry...I'm still laughing from when I heard it's in semen.
Well, we knew that. It wasn't all officers on the Roosevelt who got infected... :shrug:

Oh....nevermind.

PS, Did anyone check the vitreous and aqueous humours too?

(Note: filoviruses have been known to 'hangout' in all three, and even feces, after patients were cured of Ebola.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2205 on: May 17, 2020, 12:12:16 am »
ETA: I see people wearing what you call "spit masks" incorrectly 95% of the time.  I shake my head when I see it stopping below an persons nose or someone who talking other call phone pulls it down completely off their face to talk on their cell phone or make an announcement on a PA system.

LOL!  The gal in the picture isn't wearing it properly either!!  See that little metal band over the nose?  That's supposed to be pressed down to conform to the shape of the nose.  She didn't press it down.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2206 on: May 17, 2020, 02:46:56 am »
05-17-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  6.386 ↑  2.244 ↓
United States  3.765 ↑  4.445 ↓
China 16.883 ↑  1.060 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 731,429
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 29.2 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 35.3 %  -

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2207 on: May 17, 2020, 06:40:44 am »
Oh and the masks are worthless...

Well yeah, they pretty much are. Waterborne aerosols are just as likely to infect through the eyes. You'll probably not understand that exactly as much as a painter would... When spraying hardened paints, the aerosolized volatiles are basically the same thing. You can protect your lungs with a high-micron filter on top of a charcoal filter, to where you cannot smell the stuff anymore, but the cloud will sting your eyes like crazy. If you've walked through infected air, your eyes are directly exposed.

So hawking masks without hawking eye protection shows me they aren't serious.

just like the quarantine of healthy people.

And therein lies the PROOF.
Everywhere I have seen antibody testing in the wild, the resulting extrapolation is always 22-25%... And probably more by now. That means the 'quarantine' didn't work. At all. Heck, they've even admitted as much...

The herd is self-immunizing automatically. STILL they are pushing for lockdown and vax. Even though lockdown provably does nothing and vax is predictably ineffective against a quick-morphing virus.

Imaginary nonsense whose only end product is the imposition of control.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2208 on: May 17, 2020, 06:55:57 am »

But, they are now being marketed like they're protective face masks.  A Talisman to ward off germs.

That's right. Wholly ineffective. If you can smell a fart through it - and I guarantee you can - It isn't doing anything against a virus, which is a much smaller 'particle'. And as for protecting others, as I am sure you can attest, once they become moistened by breath, the exhaust tends to blow out the sides rather than passing through the fabric - Doing nothing.

Not really.Them N95s are pretty useless against paint volatiles (or farts). And the exhaust port allows unfiltered exhalation too.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:57:06 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2209 on: May 17, 2020, 07:41:41 am »
That's right. Wholly ineffective. If you can smell a fart through it - and I guarantee you can - It isn't doing anything against a virus, which is a much smaller 'particle'. And as for protecting others, as I am sure you can attest, once they become moistened by breath, the exhaust tends to blow out the sides rather than passing through the fabric - Doing nothing.

Not really.Them N95s are pretty useless against paint volatiles (or farts). And the exhaust port allows unfiltered exhalation too.
Yeah. If they were really serious they'd be recommending a fit tested P-100 single or dual cartridge full face respirator and not some half mask thingy where you have to bend the metal strip to approximate a seal.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2210 on: May 17, 2020, 08:03:20 am »
Yeah. If they were really serious they'd be recommending a fit tested P-100 single or dual cartridge full face respirator and not some half mask thingy where you have to bend the metal strip to approximate a seal.

Right. Even with a respirator (I own several), One often has to grease the contact area to increase the seal capability - And again, a standard respirator does nothing to control exhaust... And if everyone is exhausting freely and eyes are not protected, AGAIN, doing nothing.

FULL FACE, as you said, is all that is approaching any sort of effectiveness.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:05:34 am by roamer_1 »

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2211 on: May 17, 2020, 10:53:12 am »
I ordered a cloth mask with charcoal filters you place inside over a month ago. It finally was shipped on Thursday. I should get it in about a week. I can’t wait. I’ve been going out about twice a month to go shopping, and once a week just to start the car and take her for about a mile drive just so the battery doesn’t die.

You can’t get the other kind of mask unless you are a first responder. I went to the grocery store yesterday and I saw that all the employees there were wearing these masks.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:54:41 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2212 on: May 17, 2020, 01:36:03 pm »
If you can smell a fart through it - and I guarantee you can - It isn't doing anything against a virus, which is a much smaller 'particle'.
OK, stop it. This is not even remotely true.

The smell of farts comes from sulfide molecules. The smallest of these, hydrogen sulfide, is two hydrogen atoms and a sulfur atom. No air filter can stop a molecule that small. Only an airtight barrier could stop a fart.

A virus molecule is several orders of magnitude larger than the sulfides and thiols that constitute the smelly part of a fart, especially a virus that has a lipid (complex carbon) outer layer like coronavirus does. Coronavirus molecules are, relatively speaking, HUGE.

So say what you will about whether or not these viruses can be stopped with a mask, in or out, but this argument that "it can't stop a fart" is so grossly unscientific that it must have come from some overseas Facebook troll farm.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2213 on: May 17, 2020, 01:58:48 pm »
You have to wonder about all those people who stingily bought 2 tons of toilet paper and paper towels. Was just in a supermarket lately, plenty of TP and paper products. No shortage at all.

@240B

Still none to buy at my local chain grocery store. I asked the guys stocking shelves,and they told me that they normally get it and stock it on the shelves by 8 AM every morning the truck comes,and it's sold out by 9 AM.

People are STILL hoarding it.

Not that I am in much of a position to whine about it. I normally buy several months worth every time I run out,and stock up both my workshop and my house with both,and replace my used stock when I get down to the last package of either.

This is just because it's not expensive,doesn't spoil,and I can normally buy it in bulk and then not have to worry about running out for a while.

Still,I guess some people might call me a hoarder,too.

Getting down to maybe 3 or 4 rolls of paper towels now,and probably 6 rolls of TP,so the first time I see the shelves restocked,I will buy a pack or two of each to hold me out until "normal times" return.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2214 on: May 17, 2020, 02:14:03 pm »
OK, stop it. This is not even remotely true.

The smell of farts comes from sulfide molecules. The smallest of these, hydrogen sulfide, is two hydrogen atoms and a sulfur atom. No air filter can stop a molecule that small. Only an airtight barrier could stop a fart.

A virus molecule is several orders of magnitude larger than the sulfides and thiols that constitute the smelly part of a fart, especially a virus that has a lipid (complex carbon) outer layer like coronavirus does. Coronavirus molecules are, relatively speaking, HUGE.

So say what you will about whether or not these viruses can be stopped with a mask, in or out, but this argument that "it can't stop a fart" is so grossly unscientific that it must have come from some overseas Facebook troll farm.

No, it comes from long experience as a painter. If smells are getting through your mask (respirator), it is no longer functioning, or is not getting a seal... Good rule of thumb. And paper/cloth filters are laughable by comparison to a respirator.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2215 on: May 17, 2020, 02:19:39 pm »
@240B

Still none to buy at my local chain grocery store. I asked the guys stocking shelves,and they told me that they normally get it and stock it on the shelves by 8 AM every morning the truck comes,and it's sold out by 9 AM.

People are STILL hoarding it.

Not that I am in much of a position to whine about it. I normally buy several months worth every time I run out,and stock up both my workshop and my house with both,and replace my used stock when I get down to the last package of either.

This is just because it's not expensive,doesn't spoil,and I can normally buy it in bulk and then not have to worry about running out for a while.

Still,I guess some people might call me a hoarder,too.

Getting down to maybe 3 or 4 rolls of paper towels now,and probably 6 rolls of TP,so the first time I see the shelves restocked,I will buy a pack or two of each to hold me out until "normal times" return.
@sneakypete

The difference must be that I am in city center and you are rural. Where I am, there is no shortage of anything. All the TP and paper towels you can eat. My life is the same as it ever was. Maybe you are in one of the States that loves the pandemic meme. They could be restricting truck traffic or deliveries somehow. The shortages could be intentional.

For us, these are already 'normal times'. Funny thing is all I have for a mask is a Jesse James type bandana which I wear like an outlaw. It's like Halloween.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2216 on: May 17, 2020, 03:43:09 pm »

The point of wearing a mask it protect the other person from catching it from you.  People seem to have lost track of that, especially with the vented N95 masks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2217 on: May 17, 2020, 03:44:50 pm »
The point of wearing a mask it protect the other person from catching it from you.  People seem to have lost track of that, especially with the vented N95 masks.

The point of wearing a mask is to be kind to others, and as you said, protect them from you.

It's that simple.  Love your neighbor as yourself.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2218 on: May 17, 2020, 03:50:21 pm »

Right. Utterly ineffective.
And cloth/paper masks are no better. Once they are moist, the exhalation just blows back out the sides.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2219 on: May 17, 2020, 03:50:56 pm »
The point of wearing a mask is to be kind to others, and as you said, protect them from you.

It's that simple.  Love your neighbor as yourself.

I'm fine with all that, as long as it doesn't become a signal of virtue.  "I'm better than you because I'm not 'selfish,' as you are."  Do we really want to reduce freedom and earning one's keep to "being selfish?"
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2220 on: May 17, 2020, 03:53:12 pm »
Right. Utterly ineffective.
And cloth/paper masks are no better. Once they are moist, the exhalation just blows back out the sides.

The wearing of masks doesn't have much to do with stopping the virus, it's become a way of figuring out who's with the program.  "He's wearing a mask, so he's a 'right' thinker."  A new way of dividing people into camps, the "mask wearers" and the "bad people." 
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2221 on: May 17, 2020, 03:54:19 pm »
The wearing of masks doesn't have much to do with stopping the virus, it's become a way of figuring out who's with the program.  "He's wearing a mask, so he's a 'right' thinker."  A new way of dividing people into camps, the "mask wearers" and the "bad people."

That's right.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2222 on: May 17, 2020, 04:00:28 pm »
@sneakypete

The difference must be that I am in city center and you are rural. Where I am, there is no shortage of anything. All the TP and paper towels you can eat. My life is the same as it ever was. Maybe you are in one of the States that loves the pandemic meme. They could be restricting truck traffic or deliveries somehow. The shortages could be intentional.

For us, these are already 'normal times'. Funny thing is all I have for a mask is a Jesse James type bandana which I wear like an outlaw. It's like Halloween.

IMHO city v. rural is kind of a moot point.  I'm in Colorado Springs (pop. 600k) and I've seen store shelves here completely bare of TP and sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer.  It's gotten a little better in the last three weeks or so...but the shelves are still sparsely stocked. 

And now even on base they are beginning to limit people to two items of meat per trip to the store.

It's freaking ridiculous.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2223 on: May 17, 2020, 04:14:32 pm »
Expect states to roll out a social credit system any day now, with extra credit given for good mask wearing. Another contribution to American society courtesy of the Chicoms.

Offline libertybele

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:23:35 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.