Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159282 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2150 on: May 15, 2020, 01:43:58 pm »
Published 4 hours ago
Colorado man died of alcohol poisoning, but death was later blamed on coronavirus: report
 By David Aaro | Fox News

A Colorado man who died of alcohol poisoning had his death classified as due to the coronavirus, possibly shedding light on a skewed virus death toll in the state, according to a report on Thursday.

Sebastian Yellow, 35, was found dead by police on May 4. Montezuma County Coroner George Deavers later determined that his death was due to acute alcohol poisoning. His blood-alcohol content measured in at .55. The legal limit in the state is .08.

But before Deavers signed the death certificate, Colorado health officials reportedly categorized Yellow’s death as being due to COVID-19. ... Rest of story at FOX News

@mountaineer

I ain't no medical examiner and don't even play one on teebee,but THAT,my friends,is what is described as a "good first clue".

And here I was,impressed with some relatives and friends who blew a 35 on a breathalyzer!

Slackers,is what they were!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 01:45:03 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2151 on: May 15, 2020, 08:57:58 pm »
05-15-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  6.175 ↑  2.283 ↓
United States  3.659 ↑  4.583 ↓
China 16.878 ↑  1.061 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 690,084
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 29.0 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 36.1 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2152 on: May 16, 2020, 02:49:18 am »
05-16-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  6.282 ↑  2.261 ↓
United States  3.686 ↑  4.550 ↓
China 16.881 ↑  1.060 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 716,281
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 28.8 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 35.3 %  ↓

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2153 on: May 16, 2020, 03:22:34 am »
05-16-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  6.282 ↑  2.261 ↓
United States  3.686 ↑  4.550 ↓
China 16.881 ↑  1.060 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 716,281
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 28.8 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 35.3 %  ↓

Thanks, @Hoodat!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2154 on: May 16, 2020, 05:08:34 am »
Thanks @Hoodat.

At least two months ago I was driving home from work. Yeah, my work has been consistent and growing now it is spring.

Probably around mid February, but I think it was earlier. I am driving home , county road, and this woman comes out to play with a 7-10 year old girl child. I assumed it was her daughter. But the thing is, the woman is wearing a mask.  The kid isn't.

It was weird. Maybe this woman works in a risk environment. Saying if it is her daughter in her house, mom wearing  mask out to play is stupid. If it was someone else's child, putting them, the kid, in a high risk environment is stupid. This virus isn't killing kids.

And here in Idaho, very little damage has been done by the virus. We are stagnant. And have been for weeks. Here in East Idaho, the only thing that has changed is the people selling Plexiglas are living large.

My boss tends to deal with a couple of corporate cabinet hardware supply stores. Through those corporate standards they have reduced availability.

There is a glass business here I have dealt with for coming on 18 years. Mostly working with the front end people. My last boss brings in a customer. A few years back. The guy is looking for a piece of maple to put new handles on his grill equipment. WHO in the hell walks into a cabinet shop and wants "nothing special" for grill tool handles?

I set him up. I had a nice piece of quarter rift hard maple. It was THE tiger's eye. Saved and stashed. Didn't know what I would do with it, eventually, but when this guy walked in it was an easy "giveaway'". Saved me from hoping for another board I could save for a bigger project.

Gist is, this money man got his day made. Told me to drop my name if I needed something from him. I told my now boss to stop waiting on corporate measures and deal local. And drop my name.
Taking the rest  of this story to the lounge. If you are interested.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2155 on: May 16, 2020, 11:49:38 am »
Where to Worry About Catching Covid-19, and Where Not To
Each virus has its unique pattern of spread, and scientists are starting to get a handle on how the novel coronavirus behaves. This understanding is making it possible to rank the risks of different activities from high to low to trivial.

The most informative studies show how the disease is spreading in the real world — a big advance over the various simulations and models that, early on, showed only hypothetical scenarios.

The data show that nine percent of infected people are responsible for 80% of the transmissions, she says. Why? For one thing, the disease is apparently very infectious but only for a short window, and perhaps only in some cases. Contact tracing studies show people are most infectious right around the onset of symptoms, as well as a couple of days before and after. If someone in that stage goes to a party, or church service, or to work in a meat packing plant or nursing home, many other people will probably get sick.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-05-15/will-i-get-coronavirus-at-the-grocery-store-unlikely
https://twitter.com/i/events/1261403584547168258

(To wit: the idea that there is no contact tracing going on in the U.S. is false. It's being done, just not publicly, and where it is not being done, it's largely because the areas are so overwhelmed that it has been ineffective.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2156 on: May 16, 2020, 12:31:53 pm »
Where to Worry About Catching Covid-19, and Where Not To
Each virus has its unique pattern of spread, and scientists are starting to get a handle on how the novel coronavirus behaves. This understanding is making it possible to rank the risks of different activities from high to low to trivial.

From back in my early early days in the State Dept. of Health, (As inspector and Microbiologist), I've always been somewhat of a disinfection freak.  Don't get me wrong, I am not a germaphobe by any stretch, but there are things that I do and avoid for public health benefit.  I mean things like saving leftovers, to my aversion to eating food from personal kitchens I haven't seen....   

Here is my brief COVID-19 primer.....

Incoming items...   We have deemed a 100 or so square feet garage area for non-disnfection deliveries.  That area remains in quarantine, for a time specified from a list that I have found on various sites..

Cardboard- 1 day
Steel- 3 days
Plastic-3 days
Glass- 4 days
Copper - 4 hours
Wood- 2 days
Paper- 1 day
Cloth- 2 days
Paper Money- 4 days

Since we do have a few pre-existing conditons, we opt for grocery pickup, and take more precautions than those with less risk.  When we return, a disinfection station is established.  Method includes:

(1) Pre-prep of a 10% bleach solution in a spray bottle, and a sizable cloth rag.
(2) Card Table set up near vehicle for grocery processing
(3) Wash hands, and sterilize all peripheral areas in vehicle, and card table with bleach solution
(4) Have ample supply of pre-Q'ed plastic bags for grocery processing ready.  Do not use/re-use cloth bags unless they have been washed.
(5) Disinfect all items being removed.  As a good rule of thumb, either a "one second" contact time, or a obvious liquied residual should be adequate.  Be careful not to cross contaminate, pre-prep areas and areas storing cleaned items.
(6) As a team, have spouse, child, whoever periodically pickup and put items in correct Fridge/Freezer/Pantry locations.  Keep clutter to a minimum.
(7) After completing all items, isolate bags, and other non-home items to garage Quarantine area for specifed time listed above.
(8) Disnfect all areas, knobs, switches, etc, of home and vehicle, after processing.
(9) All involved wash hand throughly.  And as another good rule of thumb, after washing, you know you've done a decent job if your hands smell like a swimming pool.   happy77

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2157 on: May 16, 2020, 02:37:57 pm »
Coding that led to lockdown was 'totally unreliable' and a 'buggy mess', say experts

The code, written by Professor Neil Ferguson and his team at Imperial College London, was impossible to read, scientists claim

The Covid-19 modelling that sent Britain into lockdown, shutting the economy and leaving millions unemployed, has been slammed by a series of experts.

Professor Neil Ferguson's computer coding was derided as “totally unreliable” by leading figures, who warned it was “something you wouldn’t stake your life on".

The model, credited with forcing the Government to make a U-turn and introduce a nationwide lockdown, is a “buggy mess that looks more like a bowl of angel hair pasta than a finely tuned piece of programming”, says David Richards, co-founder of British data technology company WANdisco.

“In our commercial reality, we would fire anyone for developing code like this and any business that relied on it to produce software for sale would likely go bust.”...

Excerpted from: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2020/05/16/coding-led-lockdown-totally-unreliable-buggy-mess-say-experts/

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2158 on: May 16, 2020, 02:39:17 pm »
Only now, after unrepairable damage has been done around the world, do they bother to look at this!!!

:dumpster:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2159 on: May 16, 2020, 03:04:22 pm »
Coding that led to lockdown was 'totally unreliable' and a 'buggy mess', say experts

The code, written by Professor Neil Ferguson and his team at Imperial College London, was impossible to read, scientists claim

That'll leave a mark. :yowsa:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2160 on: May 16, 2020, 03:08:26 pm »
@Bigun

I coded for years, and I kept my code tidy and well-commented for selfish reasons:  My own laziness.  I didn't want to have to answer stupid questions about my code, so I wrote it so a third party could just look at the source code to figure out what I was doing.  If a Scientist ever asked me about my code, I considered it a failure of my communication skills.  I never failed an ISO9000 audit.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2161 on: May 16, 2020, 03:21:45 pm »
@Bigun

I coded for years, and I kept my code tidy and well-commented for selfish reasons:  My own laziness.  I didn't want to have to answer stupid questions about my code, so I wrote it so a third party could just look at the source code to figure out what I was doing.  If a Scientist ever asked me about my code, I considered it a failure of my communication skills.  I never failed an ISO9000 audit.

So why are they only now getting around to looking at this after the damage is done  @Cyber Liberty

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2162 on: May 16, 2020, 03:28:21 pm »
So why are they only now getting around to looking at this after the damage is done  @Cyber Liberty

Oh, that's easy!  They were getting the model results they wanted.  They wanted garbage out, so they were fine with garbage in.  I'm sure Climate Models looked like a bowl of pasta, too.  That's what coders do when they want to hide a model designed to be fudged to produce a desired outcome.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2163 on: May 16, 2020, 03:32:40 pm »
Oh, that's easy!  They were getting the model results they wanted.  They wanted garbage out, so they were fine with garbage in.  I'm sure Climate Models looked like a bowl of pasta, too.  That's what coders do when they want to hide a model designed to be fudged to produce a desired outcome.

And you can add pollsters to that list as well.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2164 on: May 16, 2020, 03:39:18 pm »
And you can add pollsters to that list as well.

Yes, you could capably classify their work product as "models," not different from the COVID-19 hand-waving and Climate Change atmospheric/rectal extrapolations.  Added by default, @Bigun!
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2165 on: May 16, 2020, 03:58:36 pm »

That's exactly right.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2166 on: May 16, 2020, 05:08:50 pm »
How about some good news?

There was a recently published study that looked at T-cell response to covid-19.  They used serum samples from people who had been infected and recovered at home.  In those samples they found that 100% contained SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD4+ T, and 70 % contained SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD8+ T cells.  They concluded that this means we can develop a successful vaccine.

But what is more interesting is what they found in their control samples, taken from individuals who had never been exposed to covid-19.  They ensured these people had never been exposed by using samples that were taken from 2015 - 2018.  They found SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD4+ T cells in ~50% of unexposed individuals, indicating that a previous infection from a coronavirus that causes a common cold could provide cross-immunity with covid-19.  We may see new infection rates come down more quickly than predicted.

Study:  https://www.cell.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0092-8674%2820%2930610-3

Twitter thread, good synopsis and explanation of the study: 

https://twitter.com/profshanecrotty/status/1261052353773363200

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2167 on: May 16, 2020, 05:12:51 pm »
Only now, after unrepairable damage has been done around the world, do they bother to look at this!!!

:dumpster:

And after it’s allowed the unleashing of a metric sh*t ton of Scolds on those of us trying to push back against the infringements on our freedoms.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2168 on: May 16, 2020, 05:18:29 pm »
And after it’s allowed the unleashing of a metric sh*t ton of Scolds on those of us trying to push back against the infringements on our freedoms.

It certainly produced a target rich environment of moles that need to be whacked. wink777
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2169 on: May 16, 2020, 05:27:54 pm »
Background: the McClure family and the Fuller family have been friends for a while; I went to school with this guy's nieces. He was one of the first in my area to suffer from the virus, and he was near death at one point... but, miraculously, he survived. The local paper did a front-page human interest story on him today.

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/coronavirus/cameron-s-miracle/article_f13d64e4-5e6e-5b98-a2b8-20ed6b2afa2b.html

Cameron's Miracle
by Kate Day Sager
May 16, 2020

Following his frantic drive to Olean General Hospital from his home in Little Valley in early April, Cameron McClure was so weak and out of breath when he walked into the emergency department that he collapsed inside the door.

McClure was one of the most severe COVID-19 cases the hospital has treated and he credits his survival to the medical staff — but more importantly, he says, to God.

McClure, 45, shared his story to let the community know of the skill and care provided by the nurses, doctors and other professionals at Olean General — and the church groups that prayed for him at their homes and even in the hospital parking lot.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2170 on: May 16, 2020, 05:32:11 pm »
Background: the McClure family and the Fuller family have been friends for a while; I went to school with this guy's nieces. He was one of the first in my area to suffer from the virus, and he was near death at one point... but, miraculously, he survived. The local paper did a front-page human interest story on him today.

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/coronavirus/cameron-s-miracle/article_f13d64e4-5e6e-5b98-a2b8-20ed6b2afa2b.html

Cameron's Miracle
by Kate Day Sager
May 16, 2020

Following his frantic drive to Olean General Hospital from his home in Little Valley in early April, Cameron McClure was so weak and out of breath when he walked into the emergency department that he collapsed inside the door.

McClure was one of the most severe COVID-19 cases the hospital has treated and he credits his survival to the medical staff — but more importantly, he says, to God.

McClure, 45, shared his story to let the community know of the skill and care provided by the nurses, doctors and other professionals at Olean General — and the church groups that prayed for him at their homes and even in the hospital parking lot.

(excerpt)

Prayer is powerful!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2171 on: May 16, 2020, 05:32:33 pm »
Inspirational, @jmyrlefuller!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2172 on: May 16, 2020, 05:43:37 pm »

There was a recently published study that looked at T-cell response to covid-19.  They used serum samples from people who had been infected and recovered at home.  In those samples they found that 100% contained SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD4+ T, and 70 % contained SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD8+ T cells.  They concluded that this means we can develop a successful vaccine.

But what is more interesting is what they found in their control samples, taken from individuals who had never been exposed to covid-19.  They ensured these people had never been exposed by using samples that were taken from 2015 - 2018.  They found SARS-CoV-2-reactive CD4+ T cells in ~50% of unexposed individuals, indicating that a previous infection from a coronavirus that causes a common cold could provide cross-immunity with covid-19.  We may see new infection rates come down more quickly than predicted.

That's a GREAT find @LadyLiberty! Thanks!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2173 on: May 16, 2020, 05:53:51 pm »

Great find, Thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2174 on: May 16, 2020, 06:18:04 pm »

You have to wonder about all those people who stingily bought 2 tons of toilet paper and paper towels. Was just in a supermarket lately, plenty of TP and paper products. No shortage at all. Good luck trying to sell a truck load of TP now. The stuff is everywhere.

In hindsight, there never was a real shortage except the one created by shortsighted stupid people hording. Now they have to figure out how to eat it.

While they were all fixated on hording paper products, I was buying actual food. I can always figure out a way to wipe my butt, but I cannot make food out of nothing. People got caught up in the emotion of the moment and lost all their common sense. Now they are paying for it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.