Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159335 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2125 on: May 13, 2020, 12:23:53 am »
Aaron Lockhart Flag of United States🤲🏻Soap
@arabbitorduck
·
43m
The type of people who would defend the CDC recording the cause of death for an octogenarian already dying with three underlying conditions as "COVID-19" are the same type of people who would be okay with the NTSB blaming "poor road conditions" for aircraft engine failure.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2126 on: May 13, 2020, 02:24:56 am »
05-13-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  5.983 ↑  2.327 ↓
United States  3.557 ↑  4.747 ↓
China 16.873 ↑  1.061 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 655,594
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 28.6 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 36.2 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Big jump in reported US recoveries (+32k).  US Case-to-Recovery ratio falls below 5.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LadyLiberty

« Reply #2127 on: May 13, 2020, 02:36:57 am »
I did not hear Fauci say that we are opening too soon, although I can understand why some might think that.  What I heard him say is what could happen  *if* we open too soon.  At this point there is no way to know if we have opened too soon or not.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2128 on: May 13, 2020, 02:42:51 am »
How much of that decrease in the downward trend of the 21 day recover rate is lousy reporting?  I don't think my state reports recoveries (AZ).

My state is slow to report them as well.  Arizona shows 70 recoveries out of 11,736 cases.

Today's 21-day number is an improvement over yesterday.  Here is how it is calculated:

Total Cases on April 21:  818,744
Total Deaths on May 12:   83,425

To find the minimum number of possible recoveries, assume all deaths up until today resulted from those infected 21 days ago or more.  With the expectation that anyone surviving cases at least 21 days old should be considered 'recovered'.

818,744 - 83,425 = 735,319.

Subtract today's total reported recoveries from this to get the 21-day deficit.

735,319 - 292,451 = 438,537

That's over 400,000 who were diagnosed three weeks ago or more and who have survived, but aren't being counted as 'recovered'.

Finally, the ratio is today's reported 'recovered' number divided into the expected 'recovered' number.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2129 on: May 13, 2020, 02:48:31 am »
I did not hear Fauci say that we are opening too soon, although I can understand why some might think that.  What I heard him say is what could happen  *if* we open too soon.  At this point there is no way to know if we have opened too soon or not.

That was his clear implication, IMO. The best he could get away with and still keep his job.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2130 on: May 13, 2020, 03:53:34 am »
That was his clear implication, IMO. The best he could get away with and still keep his job.
It's enough to permit him to run around and spew "I tolja so"s if the worst happens.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2131 on: May 13, 2020, 04:56:03 pm »
It's enough to permit him to run around and spew "I tolja so"s if the worst happens.

Rush is making a pretty salient point right now - the left seems to be focusng on keeping schools closed through the fall - if everyone agrees the schools stay closed it makes opening up the economy damn near impossible. Kids are the most impervious to the virus among us - how can we justify exposing older people to it; and and how can parents go back to work with the kids remaining home.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2132 on: May 13, 2020, 05:02:30 pm »

I know this question is out of the blue....

But, why would have Trump hired Fauci to head  the effort to combat COVID-19 ,knowing his overwhelming dimorcratic support in the past?  I am sure there were other Virology experts who at least were nuetral politically.   This one guy is not the Virus God.

Was he vetted before becoming the instant guru?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2133 on: May 13, 2020, 05:18:03 pm »
I know this question is out of the blue....

But, why would have Trump hired Fauci to head  the effort to combat COVID-19 ,knowing his overwhelming dimorcratic support in the past?  I am sure there were other Virology experts who at least were nuetral politically.   This one guy is not the Virus God.

Was he vetted before becoming the instant guru?

I doubt whoever it is would be called a "guru" by the braying press. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2134 on: May 13, 2020, 05:19:00 pm »
Rush is making a pretty salient point right now - the left seems to be focusng on keeping schools closed through the fall - if everyone agrees the schools stay closed it makes opening up the economy damn near impossible. Kids are the most impervious to the virus among us - how can we justify exposing older people to it; and and how can parents go back to work with the kids remaining home.

Schools are opening next week in AZ, if I read the story correctly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2135 on: May 13, 2020, 05:24:53 pm »

There is no incentive for the parent to go back to work -- as long as they have a child to care for and the schools are locked down they do NOT have to return to work even though their job may re-open and they are still eligible to collect unemployment with extended benefits.   In FL that is about $875.00 week.

There would have to be another stimulus to keep the schools shutdown and parents at home -- that extension runs out after 4 months....which is around the time students would be returning after summer break.

The DEMS will continue to push -- if this next stimulus isn't rejected in the Senate, there will be no end to all of this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2136 on: May 13, 2020, 06:46:42 pm »
As far as the schools go, the teachers unions—of all the people!—are not going for keeping them closed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2137 on: May 13, 2020, 07:21:24 pm »
As far as the schools go, the teachers unions—of all the people!—are not going for keeping them closed.

@jmyrlefuller

No secret there. No union dues being paid,and there is still money going out.

The DNC is going to have to pass some sort of Teachers/Union funding bill to keep this going,or the unions will be spending their own money,and not on private jets and boats for the leadership,either.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2138 on: May 13, 2020, 08:01:51 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

No secret there. No union dues being paid,and there is still money going out.

The DNC is going to have to pass some sort of Teachers/Union funding bill to keep this going,or the unions will be spending their own money,and not on private jets and boats for the leadership,either.

More than that, folks are liable to figure out they can teach their kids better themselves in an hour or two a day...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2139 on: May 13, 2020, 08:31:57 pm »
You touched on something there. Schools have become kid warehouses while the parents work, with the addition of social programming. What we recognized as education has been indoctrination, but the main function is to pack the kids away so mommy can work. Buying power hasn't improved from the single wage earner households of the 50s, despite technological advances, and despite two wage earners.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2140 on: May 13, 2020, 09:08:25 pm »
You touched on something there. Schools have become kid warehouses while the parents work, with the addition of social programming. What we recognized as education has been indoctrination, but the main function is to pack the kids away so mommy can work. Buying power hasn't improved from the single wage earner households of the 50s, despite technological advances, and despite two wage earners.

Of course it didn't... More workers translates to lower wage value. That's hidden in inflation, but true all the same. There was a golden time, where mamma was out taking a job to pay for new drapes and furniture, a bit later to cover the private school costs that could no longer be supported otherwise.. but within a decade mamma was workin to make up for what daddy couldn't bring in anymore.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2141 on: May 13, 2020, 09:29:21 pm »
Of course it didn't... More workers translates to lower wage value. That's hidden in inflation, but true all the same. There was a golden time, where mamma was out taking a job to pay for new drapes and furniture, a bit later to cover the private school costs that could no longer be supported otherwise.. but within a decade mamma was workin to make up for what daddy couldn't bring in anymore.
Yep. As reflected in the price of a new car...$3k to $15K  to $50K....

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2142 on: May 13, 2020, 10:26:50 pm »
First the meat factories... now the ramen.

Coronavirus outbreak at Maruchan ramen noodle factory in Virginia sickens at least 7 workers
https://www.fox13news.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak-at-maruchan-ramen-noodle-factory-in-virginia-sickens-at-least-7-workers

But you won't hear as much about this one in the heart of lockdown territory as much as you will the cases in South Dakota and Iowa.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2143 on: May 13, 2020, 10:28:16 pm »
Yep. As reflected in the price of a new car...$3k to $15K  to $50K....

@Smokin Joe

My first new car was a 1969 Ford Torino fastback with the "Cobra" package,including the high-po 428 and 4 speed transmission.

Paid $2450 for it brand new at a local Ford dealer,and got a 50k mile/5 years warranty on parts and labor.

The 70's had just came out with an updated body style,so the remaining 69's were about 500 or so off to get rid of them.

Online corbe

« Reply #2144 on: May 13, 2020, 11:55:47 pm »
   Just had to fork out 10K for a used car to tie me over for a couple of years.  I'm not an Essential Employee so no income for 2 months.

send a boat ~ chris knight

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2145 on: May 14, 2020, 12:23:15 am »
   Just had to fork out 10K for a used car to tie me over for a couple of years.  I'm not an Essential Employee so no income for 2 months.

@corbe

I just bought a 03 Ranger standard cab and bed pu last week for 1300 bucks. Like me,it is kinda beat up,white,plain,and got a lot of miles on it,not all of them gentle judging from the various dings.

160 k miles with ac,auto trans,ps,pb,and base radio. Damn thing even had 4 almost new tires on it.

Since then I have spent a couple of hundreds bucks on a used dash cluster  ($54) because half the gauges didn't work in the one in it,new cloth seat covers to replace the cracked vinyl ones,oil change,new radiator hoses,new thermostat,new filter and synthetic fluid in the engine,trans, and rear
end,grease job,etc,etc,etc. Basically,maintenance because I didn't know when,if ever,this had been done before.

I am one of those people who would rather do it all at one time and do it right,than have to be calling for a rollback later on.

Just checked the gas mileage today,and getting  23 MPH. Will probably change the plugs and distributor cap next month to try to bring that up a little.

Got it cheap because it was banged up a little,and the guy that owned it thought the differential was going bad. I test drove it and figured it was the rear ujoint,so I bought it and changed both front and rear. Now it runs down the road whisper quiet.

Going to sell my 2016 crew cab 4x4 Silverado to free up some cash so I can buy a repo house and land in the next few months. Then I will wait until the market recovers,and sell the house and land where I am living now. In the meantime,I will rent it out.

Online corbe

« Reply #2146 on: May 14, 2020, 12:33:28 am »
   My BIL got me a sweet deal on an clean blue 2014 Dodge Journey w/75K miles on it for $9K, new tires and Black Rims, AC's cold.  I was apprehensive about the 4 banger (2.4L) but it does OK, so far.

I've named it Covid, to stay on topic.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #2147 on: May 14, 2020, 12:53:26 am »
   I am also remodeling the ol House.  Picked up 4 huge windows in San Antonio today in the Journey, with 2 rows of seats down they still hung out 16" so the tailgate was tied from the wiper arm to the spare tire.  The Housing Market is still hot here in Central Texas and my fever burns to go further west (Texas) *to avoid Covid.

*added to stay on Topic

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2148 on: May 14, 2020, 03:42:23 am »
05-14-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  6.104 ↑  2.295 ↓
United States  3.642 ↑  4.610 ↓
China 16.877 ↑  1.061 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 668,738
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 29.2 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 36.6 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Global Recoveries-to-Deaths ratio climbs above 6.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2149 on: May 15, 2020, 11:50:07 am »
Published 4 hours ago
Colorado man died of alcohol poisoning, but death was later blamed on coronavirus: report
 By David Aaro | Fox News

A Colorado man who died of alcohol poisoning had his death classified as due to the coronavirus, possibly shedding light on a skewed virus death toll in the state, according to a report on Thursday.

Sebastian Yellow, 35, was found dead by police on May 4. Montezuma County Coroner George Deavers later determined that his death was due to acute alcohol poisoning. His blood-alcohol content measured in at .55. The legal limit in the state is .08.

But before Deavers signed the death certificate, Colorado health officials reportedly categorized Yellow’s death as being due to COVID-19. ... Rest of story at FOX News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org