Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159300 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #2025 on: May 06, 2020, 02:46:16 am »
Same with FL -- I've been keeping track for the past 6 weeks (FL thread) and in one month the numbers of cases have tripled and deaths are 5 times higher.

Is that because of increased testing or reporting of deaths?  Some times the numbers jump because of more information....

Maybe??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2026 on: May 06, 2020, 03:00:42 am »
Is that because of increased testing or reporting of deaths?  Some times the numbers jump because of more information....

Maybe??

Difficult to tell.  Testing has increased which is a good thing, but the FL DOH has changed the way that they calculate information 3 times.  We actually hit a new one day record for deaths today.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2027 on: May 06, 2020, 06:31:27 am »

Maybe??

@musiclady

Probably due more to a "mature incubation period coming to an end" than anything else.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #2028 on: May 06, 2020, 07:00:02 am »
Wow.  Prayers up for your family @Neverdul       :0001:

Thanks @libertybele

I hate that I can’t be there to help out or even just visit to lend moral support.

On the brighter side my niece told me that Lil is quarantined in the bedroom she normally shares with her sister Helen (not sure where Helen is sleeping now, probably in the basement rec room). Anyway, the two normally fight as sisters will, but she said that Lilly and Helen were on their cell phones talking to each other for hours yesterday because they miss each other. 

That and a neighbor dropped off ice cream for them. 3333hugs
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2029 on: May 06, 2020, 07:25:59 am »
A couple of scientific developments:
Los Alamos has determined that the strain of the virus that hit Wuhan was not the same as the one that ravaged the United States and Europe. The latter, more lethal, appears to have split off in Europe before it arrived here—which would explain why the virus was slower and perceived as less of a threat before March because the earlier, less virulent strain arrived first. (Don't regard the alarmist headline calling it a "new" strain)
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerged-more-contagious-than-original

But more recent mutations seem to be destroying the virus, mirroring a similar destruction of the SARS virus, according to Arizona State University.
https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/new-mutation-indicates-that-coronavirus-might-be-weakening-study/
Limited access for most of us, but https://www.gisaid.org/

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

https://www.gisaid.org/epiflu-applications/next-hcov-19-app/
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2031 on: May 06, 2020, 02:50:55 pm »
I noticed a story on The Federalist (which I've been avoiding posting because their track record has perhaps been too optimistic) from the end of March describing the spike in suicides since the lockdowns began. I decided to look and see if there was any update on that.

I did find a few stories:
https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-state-alum-shares-story-childs-suicide-tells-parents-covid-19-isolation-real-2020-may
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/05/04/mental-health-coronavirus/

"In March and April, deputies responded to 19% more calls about suicidal residents than during the same period last year, most of them since the stay-at-home order went into effect."
https://wwmt.com/news/state-of-mind/state-of-mind-study-shows-michigan-suicides-could-increase-by-32-due-to-covid-19
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2032 on: May 06, 2020, 06:41:51 pm »
https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-caseloads-states-b24899a3-286e-4ea9-bd71-0e88ed645e68.html

Where the virus is spreading fastest
Nicholas Johnston

In addition to keeping an eye on the tragic, and climbing, numbers of total coronavirus cases and deaths across the U.S., it's important to watch how those trends are playing out over time at the state level.

Why it matters: Rising, or falling, numbers of cases is one of the key metrics for determining where mitigation efforts are working and when the economy can begin to reopen.

Click below for interactive image:
https://graphics.axios.com/2020-05-04-us-recent-cases/index.html#amp=1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2033 on: May 06, 2020, 09:39:23 pm »

In States with Democrat governors.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2034 on: May 06, 2020, 10:38:22 pm »
Thanks @libertybele

I hate that I can’t be there to help out or even just visit to lend moral support.

On the brighter side my niece told me that Lil is quarantined in the bedroom she normally shares with her sister Helen (not sure where Helen is sleeping now, probably in the basement rec room). Anyway, the two normally fight as sisters will, but she said that Lilly and Helen were on their cell phones talking to each other for hours yesterday because they miss each other. 

That is heartwarming.   Ice cream always helps.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2035 on: May 07, 2020, 02:19:59 am »
05-07-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  5.439 ↑  2.453 ↓
United States  2.847 ↑  5.931 ↓
China 16.817 ↑  1.063 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 560,937
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 25.1 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 33.2 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US Cases:Recoveries ratio falls below six for the first time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2036 on: May 07, 2020, 04:27:39 am »
https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-caseloads-states-b24899a3-286e-4ea9-bd71-0e88ed645e68.html

Nicholas Johnston

In addition to keeping an eye on the tragic, and climbing, numbers of total coronavirus cases and deaths across the U.S., it's important to watch how those trends are playing out over time at the state level.

Why it matters: Rising, or falling, numbers of cases is one of the key metrics for determining where mitigation efforts are working and when the economy can begin to reopen.

Click below for interactive image:
https://graphics.axios.com/2020-05-04-us-recent-cases/index.html#amp=1
When the samples from the recent sampling campaign are tested (shortage of materials at present), there may be a spike in NDs totals. Keep in mind that is as much an artifact of the reporting and testing process as representative of any disease spread.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2037 on: May 07, 2020, 04:31:08 am »
Thanks @libertybele

A new twist on "How can I miss you if you don't go away?"

At least they gain appreciation for each other while they are still young. For many siblings, that doesn't come until one moves or goes off to college.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2038 on: May 07, 2020, 11:58:23 am »
Report from UPMC, one of largest healthcare providers in Pennsylvania:
... We indeed saw a steady stream of patients but never “surged.” At peak in mid-April, COVID-19 patients occupied 2% of our 5,500 hospital beds and 48 of our 750 ventilators. Subsequently, admissions have been decreasing with very few patients now coming from the community, almost all now being from nursing homes. Of note, in the 36 UPMC-owned senior facilities we have had zero positive cases.

Our outcomes are similar to the state of Pennsylvania, where the median age of death from COVID-19 is 84 years old. The few younger patients who died all had significant preexisting conditions. Very few children were infected and none died. Minorities in our communities fared equally as well as others, but we know that this is not the case nationally. In sum, this is a disease of the elderly, sick and poor.   ...

COVID-19 is a disease that ravages those with preexisting conditions – whether it be immunosenescence of aging or the social determinants of health. We can manage society in the presence of this pathogen if we focus on these preexisting conditions.

What we cannot do, is extended social isolation.  ...
Inside UPMC

UPDATE: Looks like UPMC has closed down the page since I accessed it a couple hours ago. I wonder why.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:50:52 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2039 on: May 07, 2020, 12:08:13 pm »
Some numbers from CT:

Date   Infect     Daily   Deaths    Daily
            Total       Inc      Total       Inc
4/28     26,312   315     2,089     77
4/29     26,767   455     2,168     79
4/30     27,700   933     2,257     89
5/1      28,764    1,064  2,339     82
5/2      29,287    523      2,436     97
5/3      29,973    686      2,495     59
5/4      30,173    200      2,556     61
5/5      30,621    448      2,633     77

Thank you for keeping track @Fishrrman .  Stay healthy.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2040 on: May 07, 2020, 02:32:52 pm »
Travel From New York City Seeded Wave of U.S. Outbreaks

by Benedict Carey and James Glanz
May 7, 2020

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/travel-from-new-york-city-seeded-wave-of-u-s-outbreaks/ar-BB13J7Yx

New York City’s coronavirus outbreak grew so large by early March that the city became the primary source of new infections in the United States, new research reveals, as thousands of infected people traveled from the city and seeded outbreaks around the country.

Geneticists have analyzed and shared more than 2,000 samples of the virus from infected people. As the virus infects new people and replicates, it picks up mutations along the way. (…) Most samples taken in Texas, Ohio, Louisiana, Idaho, Wisconsin and many other states carry distinct mutations that can be traced back to viruses introduced into New York.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2041 on: May 07, 2020, 02:44:15 pm »
Maybe NYC was from where we should have restricted travel instead of China?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2042 on: May 07, 2020, 04:04:24 pm »
Maybe NYC was from where we should have restricted travel instead of China?

In addition to, not instead of.......

Too bad this information was only available after the fact (like almost everything else about this virus).

We could have saved the rest of the country from a lot of illness and death if we had just put a wall around NYC and kept the disease inside.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2043 on: May 07, 2020, 04:09:21 pm »
In addition to, not instead of.......

Too bad this information was only available after the fact (like almost everything else about this virus).

We could have saved the rest of the country from a lot of illness and death if we had just put a wall around NYC and kept the disease inside.
China could have saved the world a lot of illness, death, and economic despair had they not tried to cover up their lab leak. They sowed the wind, and its harvest time.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2044 on: May 08, 2020, 02:18:30 am »
Dr. Marty Makary says monkey research indicates coronavirus vaccine by fall is 'very feasible'

Johns Hopkins University professor of health policy Dr. Marty Makary told "The Story" Thursday that a new study claiming the coronavirus pandemic could last for two years discounts the possibility that a vaccine will exist by the start of next year.

"I did read the study from the University of Minnesota, and it does appear to be accurate. There are no problems, but it does make an assumption that we will not have a vaccine," Makary said. "But there's been many advances in vaccine development. And even in the last two weeks, eight days ago, the Oxford group reported that in monkeys, the monkeys developed a immunogenicity or an antibody. And compared to monkeys who did not have the vaccine, the monkeys with the vaccine did not get the infection."
"That's a major breakthrough," Makary elaborated. "We've never had a vaccine for an RNA virus. So it's very feasible that their plan to get a vaccine by this fall may actually help us with partial herd immunity, which helps us."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-makary-autumn-coronavirus-vaccine-very-feasible

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2045 on: May 08, 2020, 02:23:37 am »
Dr. Marty Makary says monkey research indicates coronavirus vaccine by fall is 'very feasible'

Johns Hopkins University professor of health policy Dr. Marty Makary told "The Story" Thursday that a new study claiming the coronavirus pandemic could last for two years discounts the possibility that a vaccine will exist by the start of next year.

"I did read the study from the University of Minnesota, and it does appear to be accurate. There are no problems, but it does make an assumption that we will not have a vaccine," Makary said. "But there's been many advances in vaccine development. And even in the last two weeks, eight days ago, the Oxford group reported that in monkeys, the monkeys developed a immunogenicity or an antibody. And compared to monkeys who did not have the vaccine, the monkeys with the vaccine did not get the infection."
"That's a major breakthrough," Makary elaborated. "We've never had a vaccine for an RNA virus. So it's very feasible that their plan to get a vaccine by this fall may actually help us with partial herd immunity, which helps us."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-makary-autumn-coronavirus-vaccine-very-feasible
Great. All the monkeys will be safe...

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2046 on: May 08, 2020, 02:54:30 am »
Great. All the monkeys will be safe...

"The fools!  Don't they know this how we got Godzilla??"  (Me, right after the Japanese Earthquake and they released all that water into the ocean.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2047 on: May 08, 2020, 04:18:41 am »
05-08-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  5.537 ↑  2.427 ↓
United States  2.824 ↓  5.950 ↑
China 16.826 ↑  1.063 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 586,026
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 24.7 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 32.2 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The global (excluding US & China) 14-day recovery rate (59.6%) is 2½ times greater than the US reported rate.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2048 on: May 08, 2020, 11:57:02 am »
Why did I read that as Marty Malarkey?  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2049 on: May 08, 2020, 12:11:59 pm »
Why did I read that as Marty Malarkey?  :laugh:

So did I.  I think it is due to Biden Brain Rot.  More contagious than COVID-19.

When you have it long enough, you turn into a dog faced pony soldier.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:13:23 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.