Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159288 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1900 on: May 02, 2020, 10:51:44 pm »
   She can take my Temperature any time her Heart desires.

Even if it's "no-touch!" 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #1901 on: May 02, 2020, 10:58:29 pm »
   My eyes filled with that Cleavage is a Good trade off.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1902 on: May 02, 2020, 11:09:56 pm »
That totally sucks @Neverdul .  Prayers sent for your niece's family.

@Cyber Liberty
@mountaineer
@musiclady
@Once-Ler

Thanks for the kind words and concerns and prayers. The thing is that my niece and her husband are the type of people who would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it (I’ve seen them do extraordinary things for other people, me included) but rarely ask anyone else for help.

I can certainly go on shopping runs for them, of course keeping myself distanced since I’m somewhat at a higher risk, dropping it off on their porch.

I got an update that she and her stepson’s tests came back negative. But I find it concerning that she has a headache and sore throat and the girls are complaining about sore throats too.  I told her to make sure to get re-tested if she continues to have symptoms or gets worse. I hear way too much about the tests not being all that accurate – more false negatives than false positives.  :0001:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1903 on: May 02, 2020, 11:20:25 pm »
Well, a sore throat can be caused by just about anything, from atmospheric irritants to post-nasal drip to a virus to bacteria (e.g. strep). I don't think headache is, in and of itself, a symptom of this particular virus, so (and keep in mind, I don't pretend to be a doctor so don't take this as professional medical advice) my suspicion is that it's not COVID.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1904 on: May 02, 2020, 11:24:05 pm »
Well, a sore throat can be caused by just about anything, from atmospheric irritants to post-nasal drip to a virus to bacteria (e.g. strep). I don't think headache is, in and of itself, a symptom of this particular virus, so (and keep in mind, I don't pretend to be a doctor so don't take this as professional medical advice) my suspicion is that it's not COVID.
We should keep in mind that it's spring and pollen is everywhere. I suspect that most of the sore throats and coughing right now are sinus related and have nothing to do with the virus.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1905 on: May 02, 2020, 11:35:48 pm »

That could be the case. I hope so. God knows with my allergies and the pollen levels, I'm coughing a lot. OTOH, her husband tested positive for it and their townhouse isn’t all that large for the size of their family – 3 adults and 4 kids – hard to social distance.  And with my niece and her kids with schools closed, it’s not like they are being exposed to much else.

FWIW - headaches are a common symptom of COVID-19.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-19-symptoms#1
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1906 on: May 02, 2020, 11:37:10 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@mountaineer
@musiclady
@Once-Ler

Thanks for the kind words and concerns and prayers. The thing is that my niece and her husband are the type of people who would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it (I’ve seen them do extraordinary things for other people, me included) but rarely ask anyone else for help.

I can certainly go on shopping runs for them, of course keeping myself distanced since I’m somewhat at a higher risk, dropping it off on their porch.

I got an update that she and her stepson’s tests came back negative. But I find it concerning that she has a headache and sore throat and the girls are complaining about sore throats too.  I told her to make sure to get re-tested if she continues to have symptoms or gets worse. I hear way too much about the tests not being all that accurate – more false negatives than false positives.  :0001:

@Neverdul When sickness enters my home I become much more aware of every cough, sneeze, and sniffle I have.  I also had sympathy back pain when my wife was in labor.  I'm not saying your concern isn't justified, just you have lots of reasons to be hopeful, my friend.  Your niece's family is blessed to have your support now when they need it so much.  Stay strong for them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1907 on: May 03, 2020, 12:24:42 am »
@Neverdul Prayers up for your Niece and the whole Family!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1908 on: May 03, 2020, 01:30:09 am »
George W. Bush's powerful message of hope during the coronavirus pandemic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6lxKOfn8_E

Beautiful.

About half way through the video turns to color and the audio becomes much clearer.  You soon become aware President Bush was speaking behind a facial mask at the beginning.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1909 on: May 03, 2020, 03:16:35 am »
05-03-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  5.040 ↑  2.572 ↓
United States  2.570 ↑  6.697 ↓
China 16.768 ↑  1.067 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 498,030
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 23.5 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 33.2 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US cases-to-recovery ratio falls below 7 for the first time, while the 14-day recovery deficit approaches half a million.  If those 498,000 unresolved cases were counted as recoveries, the case-to-recovery ration would fall to 1.7.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1910 on: May 03, 2020, 07:45:53 am »

It does not look like deaths are falling.  It looks like they have plateaued.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1911 on: May 03, 2020, 04:49:22 pm »
Why are Connecticut's COVID numbers so high?

Interesting article about the incredibly high numbers and death rates in Connecticut.

Don't know anything about the validity, but the objective stuff is accurate.

@Fishrrman
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1912 on: May 03, 2020, 04:59:49 pm »
Why are Connecticut's COVID numbers so high?

Interesting article about the incredibly high numbers and death rates in Connecticut.

Don't know anything about the validity, but the objective stuff is accurate.

@Fishrrman

@Fishrrman

Anybody have any idea why this is? Isn't Ct one of those mostly yuppie and rich states that knows more than the rest of us,and can afford pretty decent health care?

Also,doesn't it mostly have smaller and cleaner cities than most states?

After all,that's where all the REAL NY'rs live.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1913 on: May 03, 2020, 05:09:24 pm »
@Fishrrman

Anybody have any idea why this is? Isn't Ct one of those mostly yuppie and rich states that knows more than the rest of us,and can afford pretty decent health care?

Also,doesn't it mostly have smaller and cleaner cities than most states?

After all,that's where all the REAL NY'rs live.

I trudged through the article, and there is some semblence of plausibility in how at least they are reporting their  "numbers"...

(1) and most of all....   They may be padding their numbers by reporting "probable" deaths vs. proven via proper cornoner review methods.
(2) Proximity to NY
(3) Claims that their social distancing requirements were implemented later than other areas. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1914 on: May 03, 2020, 05:38:20 pm »
Surprised a dedicated thread hasn't been created for W's comments around the so called "bi-partisanship" concerns around the pandemic.

My $.02?

What W may be saying may sound like it would have merit on the surface, what he has failed to notice, or acknowledge is the extreme level of what the dim party has done to exploit this disease for political gain.  Wonder what his malfunction is?  Still in jeb revenge mode?

Very disappointed in him..  These comments undermine the POTUS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1915 on: May 03, 2020, 06:05:46 pm »
Surprised a dedicated thread hasn't been created for W's comments around the so called "bi-partisanship" concerns around the pandemic.

My $.02?

What W may be saying may sound like it would have merit on the surface, what he has failed to notice, or acknowledge is the extreme level of what the dim party has done to exploit this disease for political gain.
Wonder what his malfunction is?

@catfish1957

I don't. He is a burnt-out cokehead and drunk,and wasn't all that bright to begin with. He's dumber than dirt now.

Plus,it looks like Babs didn't tell anyone where she hid the lockbox holding his balls.

Probably be a nice guy to have for a neighbor if it weren't for all the SS guys running around,but he just flat SUCKED as a President.

« Reply #1916 on: May 03, 2020, 06:28:42 pm »
Wonder what his malfunction is?

Following Jesus again.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1917 on: May 03, 2020, 06:47:07 pm »
I trudged through the article, and there is some semblence of plausibility in how at least they are reporting their  "numbers"...

(1) and most of all....   They may be padding their numbers by reporting "probable" deaths vs. proven via proper cornoner review methods.
(2) Proximity to NY
(3) Claims that their social distancing requirements were implemented later than other areas.

Regarding the "probable" deaths vs. the proven deaths by COVID....... since the CDC changed the numbers, Ohio has posted both so you can see what the difference is.

As of today, here are our death numbers....

957- Confirmed Deaths    81- CDC Expanded Death Definition (Probable)    1,038 -Total Deaths

You can make up your own mind as to whether or not the difference is significant.

I find it helpful to know both numbers, and tend to go only by the confirmed number in both cases and deaths.

I don't know if Connecticut provides both in their own state information.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1918 on: May 03, 2020, 06:52:49 pm »
George W. Bush's powerful message of hope during the coronavirus pandemic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6lxKOfn8_E

Beautiful.

About half way through the video turns to color and the audio becomes much clearer.  You soon become aware President Bush was speaking behind a facial mask at the beginning.

A message from President George Bush.  My first response was why?  He is no longer the President, so why does he feel the need to make this announcement?  No.  Not necessary.  Now ... IF Clinton Bush and Obama would have made an announcement together, praising Trump and wishing America well, that would be completely different. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1919 on: May 03, 2020, 07:07:59 pm »
A message from President George Bush.  My first response was why?  He is no longer the President, so why does he feel the need to make this announcement?  No.  Not necessary.  Now ... IF Clinton Bush and Obama would have made an announcement together, praising Trump and wishing America well, that would be completely different.

Never been a Bush basher...  voted for them 7 times.  However, this video was counterproductive, and undermines the POTUS efforts.

Bi-partisan my ASS!!!!  The dims have become the ultimate politcal opportunist, and have exploited this crisis for maximum gain.  If W is too dumb to realize that, then he sure as hell has lost it as far as I am concerned.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:09:06 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1920 on: May 03, 2020, 07:20:34 pm »
Following Jesus again.

@Once-Ler

Well,if your only options are following Jesus or Jack Daniels,which one would you pick?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1921 on: May 03, 2020, 07:32:31 pm »
Never been a Bush basher...  voted for them 7 times.  However, this video was counterproductive, and undermines the POTUS efforts.

Bi-partisan my ASS!!!!  The dims have become the ultimate politcal opportunist, and have exploited this crisis for maximum gain.  If W is too dumb to realize that, then he sure as hell has lost it as far as I am concerned.

I'm not quite sure why or who compelled him to make this statement.   IF he indeed came up with the idea to make this statement on his own, does he perhaps think because he was faced with 9-11 his reassurance is needed??  I don't know. 

Yes, it sure seems like his intent was to undermine our President, and if that was his intent; shame on him!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1922 on: May 03, 2020, 07:44:29 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

What a self-serving crock of shit.  Just when I think my opinion of Shrub can't sink any lower ... the pissant proves me wrong.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1923 on: May 03, 2020, 07:57:52 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

What a self-serving crock of shit.  Just when I think my opinion of Shrub can't sink any lower ... the pissant proves me wrong.

So typical of Trump Lovers, @Right_in_Virginia .  GWB and I broke ranks when he endorsed Dewherst instead of Cruz in 2012. I can take him or leave him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1924 on: May 03, 2020, 08:02:44 pm »

So typical of Trump Lovers, @Right_in_Virginia .  GWB and I broke ranks when he endorsed Dewherst instead of Cruz in 2012. I can take him or leave him.

What's the point of your gratuitous slam at supporters of the President @corbe