Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159326 times)

Online corbe

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1875 on: May 02, 2020, 02:13:11 am »
At What Cost and To What End? The Lunacy of Further Lockdown

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1876 on: May 02, 2020, 02:13:36 am »
@Cyber Liberty

I haven't seen a single roll of toilet paper or paper towels on a shelf at my local chain grocery store since this mess began. I asked someone stocking shelves about it a few days ago,and was told,"We stock the shelves every morning,and it's all gone by noon. You have to get here early."

What the HELL are these people doing with all that toilet paper and paper towels,eating them?

I'm not quite sure, but up until a couple of days ago, we were on lockdown.  We've been on lockdown for almost 2 months. During that time Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, paper towels became very scarce.  People have been ridiculously greedy; locally one couple bought up an entire store's supply of toilet paper and paper towels -- then the stores started limiting quantities per customer.  Even during hurricane season, there was always plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. Water is always scarce and canned goods -- even at that ... usually extra shipments start coming in. Not so now. 

I agree -- I'm not sure what's going on.  I've had my extra stash of tp and paper towels for over 10 years ... however, IF I do go out and there is a package of paper towels available and toilet paper I pick some up and give it to others in need...I'm usually at the store before 9:00 a.m.  Still haven't been able to get a regular sized canister of disinfecting wipes -- I'm getting low -- last time I got some the only size available was a very small canister -- a size I'd never seen before.

So, now I'm wondering -- are the paper companies and cleaning supply companies cutting back supplies in order to slowly continue to raise prices?  The demand is definitely there.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1877 on: May 02, 2020, 02:24:01 am »
At What Cost and To What End? The Lunacy of Further Lockdown

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Amen, sister, amen!!!   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1878 on: May 02, 2020, 02:45:32 am »
05-02-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  4.974 ↑  2.598 ↓
United States  2.457 ↑  7.001 ↓
China 16.758 ↑  1.067 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 471,728
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 23.1 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 32.8 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1879 on: May 02, 2020, 02:51:40 am »
https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/when-connecticut-will-begin-phased-reopening-from-coronavirus/
Connecticut to begin phased reopening of coronavirus lockdown May 20

Of note: outdoor gathering areas for bars and restaurants will be part of the first phase of reopening, meaning you will be allowed to sit down.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1880 on: May 02, 2020, 01:38:04 pm »
Of note: outdoor gathering areas for bars and restaurants will be part of the first phase of reopening, meaning you will be allowed to sit down.
That's what they've just started allowing in WV, with lots of rules and regulations for spacing, PPE, etc.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1881 on: May 02, 2020, 01:40:16 pm »
Carnegie Mellon’s COVIDcast site displays real-time data on pandemic in the U.S.
Teghan Simonton
Friday, May 1, 2020 1:08 p.m.

Carnegie Mellon University unveiled five interactive maps last week on their COVIDcast site, which provides real-time covid-19 indicators across the United States.

The maps display real-time data on symptoms, doctor visits, medical tests and browser searches related to covid-19 in the U.S., including estimated disease activity at the county level. ...

Full story at Tribune Review

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1882 on: May 02, 2020, 02:27:06 pm »
I just found out that my niece’s husband came home from work on Monday not feeling well, was tested Tuesday for COVID-19 and found out on Thursday he is positive. My niece had to take him to the ER last night because he had numbness and severe pain in his leg and they were concerned about a blood clot which is a known complication. The doctors told him it was nerve pain that they said is also a symptom and gave him pain killers. He is very exhausted, has a severe headache and gets out of breath from just moving around, is sleeping a lot. Don’t know what else he’s been given.

FWIW, he’s in he’s early 40’s and healthy, trim and fit with no underlying health conditions, doesn’t drink or smoke. They live not far from me here in South Central PA but he works in MD as a facilities manager (not a healthcare related business). The thing is he’s a bit of a germaphobe even before this and I know they’ve been wearing masks when going to the store and taking other precautions, social distancing, etc. She works for the school district as a teacher’s aide so has been off work since schools closed but has been working online from home for the last few weeks.

She and her adult stepson who lives with them were tested on Thursday and are waiting on the results. She has a headache and a sore throat, don’t know if her stepson has any symptoms. She also has four girls at home - the 12-year-old triplets and the 13-year-old and said several of them are complaining of sore throats now too.

Pending her and her stepson’s tests, their whole household is quarantined so no way to get groceries and Rx’s except for deliveries.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1883 on: May 02, 2020, 02:31:24 pm »
I just found out that my niece’s husband came home from work on Monday not feeling well, was tested Tuesday for COVID-19 and found out on Thursday he is positive. My niece had to take him to the ER last night because he had numbness and severe pain in his leg and they were concerned about a blood clot which is a known complication. The doctors told him it was nerve pain that they said is also a symptom and gave him pain killers. He is very exhausted, has a severe headache and gets out of breath from just moving around, is sleeping a lot. Don’t know what else he’s been given.

FWIW, he’s in he’s early 40’s and healthy, trim and fit with no underlying health conditions, doesn’t drink or smoke. They live not far from me here in South Central PA but he works in MD as a facilities manager (not a healthcare related business). The thing is he’s a bit of a germaphobe even before this and I know they’ve been wearing masks when going to the store and taking other precautions, social distancing, etc. She works for the school district as a teacher’s aide so has been off work since schools closed but has been working online from home for the last few weeks.

She and her adult stepson who lives with them were tested on Thursday and are waiting on the results. She has a headache and a sore throat, don’t know if her stepson has any symptoms. She also has four girls at home - the 12-year-old triplets and the 13-year-old and said several of them are complaining of sore throats now too.

Pending her and her stepson’s tests, their whole household is quarantined so no way to get groceries and Rx’s except for deliveries.

@Neverdul

:0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1884 on: May 02, 2020, 02:45:11 pm »
Sorry to hear that @Neverdul
It's particularly dismaying to see that the virus still made its way to a person taking all the recommended precautions. I hope the docs give him those coronavirus drugs that have proven effective, and don't just treat the leg pain!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1885 on: May 02, 2020, 02:59:21 pm »
I wasn't aware of it at the time, but here another "Public Health" official - in a Dem-run county - who encouraged folks in the county and visitors to enjoy the activities of the county, including the Los Angeles Marathon:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-07/coronavirus-cancels-many-events-but-l-a-marathon-and-coachella-still-on-here-is-why

Despite coronavirus, why are the L.A. Marathon and Coachella still on?
By ALEX WIGGLESWORTH, SOUMYA KARLAMANGLA, RONG-GONG LIN II
MARCH 7, 202011:12 AM

The L.A. Marathon is expected to go on as scheduled on Sunday despite coronavirus concerns.

L.A. County health officials recommended that spectators who are sick stay home and that anyone who attends stay six feet away from others. Runners were advised to wash their hands before the race and to not shake hands with other participants or the public. Hand sanitizer will also be available for runners along the course.

“We are not currently recommending the suspension of any large public events, including the L.A. Marathon,” Barbara Ferrer, director of the county Public Health Department, said in a statement Thursday. “The public can continue to enjoy all that L.A. County has to offer, including this historic event.”

The marathon was run on March 8th, and Barbara Ferrer, director of the county Public Health Department made her comment on March 5th. The Los Angeles Marathon website doesn't give info on the number of runners, but the W'pedia article for the event puts that number as more than 25,000, plus several thousand volunteers (course marshals, aid stations, finish and recovery area). I am not suggesting this was #Resist-motivated, just a reflection of a lack of awareness and focus on what was happening and known at the time.

By way of contrast, on March 9th, Santa Clara County announced a ban on gatherings larger than 1,000 people, which led local organizer Run Local to cancel its "Shamrock Run", which was scheduled for March 14th. The "Shamrock Run" would not have had 1,000 runners, but including volunteers, friends/family of runners, and spectators, Run Local decided on a prudent course ( ****drummer ), and changed it to a "virtual" event (runners could do it at a time and place of their choosing).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1886 on: May 02, 2020, 03:05:47 pm »
@PeteS in CA   My husband is a marathoner, and the one he was going to run in April was cancelled. Other races he has been hoping to run, previously set for June and July, also have been cancelled - even ones which wouldn't have had anywhere close to 1,000 participants.  **nononono*

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1887 on: May 02, 2020, 03:28:41 pm »
@PeteS in CA   My husband is a marathoner, and the one he was going to run in April was cancelled. Other races he has been hoping to run, previously set for June and July, also have been cancelled - even ones which wouldn't have had anywhere close to 1,000 participants.  **nononono*

I've heard of event cancellations in NorCal (and other states) stretching out into July. Even if events under 1000 runners were to be allowed starting in June, the permits, logistics, registration process, and getting volunteers pretty much preclude events being run in June, and not until well into July.

Two trail run organizers in my area are continuing to do their regular scheduled events "remote" (runners choose their time and place). Both have a good number of very loyal repeat runners/volunteers, so hopefully both will weather this SiP reasonably well. My daughter and I have done one each of their events, and are signed up for another. We'll still get the T-shirts and finisher's medals for the events, and it's an incentive to "get out there". I've been choosing reasonably scenic trails with similar terrain and that I learned about after she moved to China. My avatar is of her and I about to start the 5-miler we did; getting the pic was not easy, because I wanted to include the street sign behind us.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1888 on: May 02, 2020, 04:27:41 pm »

So sorry to hear this @Neverdul !  Your family will be in my prayers.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1889 on: May 02, 2020, 04:29:40 pm »

I agree -- I'm not sure what's going on.  I've had my extra stash of tp and paper towels for over 10 years ...

I just realized that I must be a hoarder even though I haven't bought a single roll or toilet paper or paper towels since this began.

I live alone and keep both my house and my workshop supplied with essential items because I have a full bath in the "office" of my workshop,along with a hammock to sleep in,microwave,refrigerator,computer,wi-fi,ac,and heat. That way if I am out there working on something I don't have to stop and come back to the house. I can even stay out there for days at a time if I want,and only go to the house to feed and water the house cats.

I tend to buy  essential items in bulk both because it is cheaper to buy them,and it saves me from having to make extra trips to the store,which is a 25 mile round trip.

Even now I am not really close to running out. I think I still have 10-12 rolls of tp between the shop and the house,and probably more rolls of paper towels than that because I use them for shop rags.

Still,I AM glancing at the tp and paper towel aisles when I go to the grocery store,and plan on buying a 10 or 12 pack of tp and a 4 or 6 roll pack of paper towels when I spot my preferred brands. Just to be sure.

So, now I'm wondering -- are the paper companies and cleaning supply companies cutting back supplies in order to slowly continue to raise prices?  The demand is definitely there.

I don't know. Seems to me that since there is no one company with a monopoly on these items,the companies would be pumping them out as fast as they can to meet the demand while it's here. After all,the sales of these items will be taking a nose dive as soon as things go back to what we all laughingly call "normal".

I suspect this damn "stay at home and stay 17 miles away from everyone else" foolishness is mostly responsible. Most people,being the sheep they are by nature,are terrified of dying,and are now afraid to go to work. If your employees don't  WANT to go to work because they are afraid,and the government is telling them to not go to work,there is not much that can be done about it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1890 on: May 02, 2020, 05:05:16 pm »

I just realized that I must be a hoarder even though I haven't bought a single roll or toilet paper or paper towels since this began.

@sneakypete
Nah. Just redneck. It's just a matter of fact that rural life has 'prepper' or 'hoarder' built right in.

I tend to buy  essential items in bulk both because it is cheaper to buy them,and it saves me from having to make extra trips to the store,which is a 25 mile round trip.

Me too... as does every other redneck house on the planet.

Even now I am not really close to running out. I think I still have 10-12 rolls of tp between the shop and the house,and probably more rolls of paper towels than that because I use them for shop rags.

Me too sommore. I buy Northern in the big roll, in the bulk pack from Wallyworld, I don't rightly know how many is in that thing... 18 to 24 I'd reckon. I normally have two of those around - One I am working on, and one in reserve. I had just cracked open my reserve when all this happened, and three quarters of that is still there. Like you, I have a weather eye out, but I am alright into June some time... And even at that, can fall back on the biodegradable stuff I have (just about as much) for use in the woods, and paper towels thereafter, of which I have a butt-ton.

Folks can say what they want, but it turns out all them preppers and home canners had it damn well right... And most folks would do to take heed. I have thought to start a thread about what folks found out in that, and may still do so.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1891 on: May 02, 2020, 05:07:15 pm »

I live alone and keep both my house and my workshop supplied with essential items because I have a full bath in the "office" of my workshop,along with a hammock to sleep in,microwave,refrigerator,computer,wi-fi,ac,and heat. That way if I am out there working on something I don't have to stop and come back to the house. I can even stay out there for days at a time if I want,and only go to the house to feed and water the house cats.

Still,I AM glancing at the tp and paper towel aisles when I go to the grocery store,and plan on buying a 10 or 12 pack of tp and a 4 or 6 roll pack of paper towels when I spot my preferred brands. Just to be sure.

I don't know. Seems to me that since there is no one company with a monopoly on these items,the companies would be pumping them out as fast as they can to meet the demand while it's here. After all,the sales of these items will be taking a nose dive as soon as things go back to what we all laughingly call "normal".

I suspect this damn "stay at home and stay 17 miles away from everyone else" foolishness is mostly responsible. Most people,being the sheep they are by nature,are terrified of dying,and are now afraid to go to work. If your employees don't  WANT to go to work because they are afraid,and the government is telling them to not go to work,there is not much that can be done about it.

@sneakypete

Just about anybody who has to drive 25 miles for groceries does that, it's just good sense.  We have a similar drive and when the Stay at Home orders started coming out, we had already been cloistered for weeks. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1892 on: May 02, 2020, 05:14:33 pm »
@sneakypete

Folks can say what they want, but it turns out all them preppers and home canners had it damn well right... And most folks would do to take heed. I have thought to start a thread about what folks found out in that, and may still do so.

@roamer_1

I have recently been eyeing the blue "paper towels for grease pickup" at the auto parts stores. It's more expensive and a bit "rougher" than what I like to use to blow my nose with,but I can get by with it just fine if I have to,and there seems to be no shortage of it in any auto parts store I have entered. Might buy a couple of rolls this weekend. If nothing else,I can use them for sopping up oil in the workshop.

As for TP,it's not even really necessary. I have a flexible hose in my shower/tub I can use to wash my butt,and people who don't can always use a wash cloth and then wash it out.

I use the shower hose fairly often,anyhow. Some of the meds the docs have me taking plug me up,and it's either high-pressure hot water or constipation,which makes for an easy choice.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 05:15:36 pm by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1893 on: May 02, 2020, 05:30:28 pm »
As for TP,it's not even really necessary. I have a flexible hose in my shower/tub I can use to wash my butt,and people who don't can always use a wash cloth and then wash it out.

I will do you one better @sneakypete ... As a family we have bales of cloth diapers stored up in various states of disrepair... Easy enough to convert from their original function to nearly-the-same... I dare say it ain't the first time nor the last that this House has had to deal with washer loads of dirty diapers.

Though for myself, I would be more likely to go collect mullen leaf, which is out in abundance nowadays, and will keep me well through into fall if necessary. But like I said, add in the biodegradable stuff I have on hand, saving that for here, it is likely I will only be looking for mullen leaf or the like out on the trail.

I use the shower hose fairly often,anyhow. Some of the meds the docs have me taking plug me up,and it's either high-pressure hot water or constipation,which makes for an easy choice.

Yeah I bet.  :laugh:
I tend to fix that sort of thing on the intake end, going to more vinegary foods, and nuts and berries... A cup of frozen blue berries every day is a wonder in that regard, and if I get headed in a bad way, I convert to green chili burritos with hot salsa and mochas instead of coffee...

And you might want to look at your magnesium levels... Pick up some stuff called 'Natural Calm' at any health food type store. A level tea spoon in a hot cup of water will give you a tea faintly tasting of lemon and goat piss... But get on it daily till you get the squirts - that's the sign you have enough - and then maintain accordingly. If I am getting bound up and nothing else is working, it's my goto, and likely the cause is low magnesium.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 05:32:40 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1894 on: May 02, 2020, 05:39:58 pm »

I tend to fix that sort of thing on the intake end, going to more vinegary foods, and nuts and berries.

@roamer_1

It's not my diet causing the problems,it's the meds I am required to take. The good news on that is I should be able to stop taking some of them in a month or two.

As for vinegar,that is my personal favorite "go to" for acid reflux/heart burn. A bottle cap of vinegar puts out the fire,but I prefer to take it on a BBQ sandwich. Anything cooked with vinegar is good,too.

Got a bottle of Rolaids around here somewhere that is probably close to 20 years old now,and feeling neglected.

BTW,vinegar is also GREAT for removing rust.  Just saying....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1895 on: May 02, 2020, 05:52:35 pm »
It's not my diet causing the problems,it's the meds I am required to take. The good news on that is I should be able to stop taking some of them in a month or two.

@sneakypete
Won't hurt nothin anyway... Magnesium is the active ingredient in most things they'll give you to get you unbound anyway... And it just might help. Maybe it's just me, but if I gotta fire up the pressure washer just to lose my mud, I am gonna be looking for a better solution.  :shrug:

As for vinegar,that is my personal favorite "go to" for acid reflux/heart burn. A bottle cap of vinegar puts out the fire,but I prefer to take it on a BBQ sandwich. Anything cooked with vinegar is good,too.

Got a bottle of Rolaids around here somewhere that is probably close to 20 years old now,and feeling neglected.

BTW,vinegar is also GREAT for removing rust.  Just saying....

That's right. I think that over hundreds and hundreds of years of preservation, especially in the north (read white folks) hoomin beans have adapted to require a vinegary diet... way more than most folks these days get. It is a comment I get maybe most of all from folks visiting here from elsewhere... We tend to be way heavy to vinegar and pro-biotic ferments in our diet and preserves.

White guy foods.  :shrug:

And try Evap-O-Rust... You won't be messin with vinegar anymore.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 05:53:59 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1896 on: May 02, 2020, 08:06:04 pm »
@sneakypete

That's right. I think that over hundreds and hundreds of years of preservation, especially in the north (read white folks) hoomin beans have adapted to require a vinegary diet... way more than most folks these days get. It is a comment I get maybe most of all from folks visiting here from elsewhere... We tend to be way heavy to vinegar and pro-biotic ferments in our diet and preserves.

White guy foods.  :shrug:

@roamer_1

Don't try telling that to Italians.

And try Evap-O-Rust... You won't be messin with vinegar anymore.

Vinegar is a lot cheaper. Especially since I use it as weed killer when it gets too thick to remove rust with anymore.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1897 on: May 02, 2020, 10:13:25 pm »
I just found out that my niece’s husband came home from work on Monday not feeling well, was tested Tuesday for COVID-19 and found out on Thursday he is positive.
That totally sucks @Neverdul .  Prayers sent for your niece's family.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1898 on: May 02, 2020, 10:25:43 pm »
Meanwhile here in Texas, a photo that speaks a 1000 words.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #1899 on: May 02, 2020, 10:48:29 pm »
   She can take my Temperature any time her Heart desires.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.