Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159329 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1850 on: May 01, 2020, 03:31:45 pm »
No, we destroyed our economy to get Trump out of the white house.

B I N G O ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1851 on: May 01, 2020, 04:11:01 pm »
@jafo2010

I,like many others,have COPD,and that makes it even harder to breathe if I put a mask on. Probably ok if I am just sitting around,but if I have to walk while wearing one i end up gasping for breath before long.

Having fluid in my lungs from Lymphoma doesn't help,either.

I, too, have COPD, but I will go back to work on Monday.
(I am on my way soon to the local Walgreen's to pick up a refill of Encruse Ellipta. I still have plenty of Symbicort left).

I do know what precautions to take.
I'm not likely to forget them.
The precautions are blasted all over the TV and the Radio, 24/7.

Online corbe

« Reply #1852 on: May 01, 2020, 04:21:23 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1853 on: May 01, 2020, 04:44:29 pm »
@jafo2010

I,like many others,have COPD,and that makes it even harder to breathe if I put a mask on. Probably ok if I am just sitting around,but if I have to walk while wearing one i end up gasping for breath before long.

Having fluid in my lungs from Lymphoma doesn't help,either.

The rest of us will wear masks to keep people like you safe.

If there is a medical reason for you not to keep one on, there should be an exception to the rule for you.

Here there is no mandate requiring the use of masks, and specifically an exception for medical purposes...... which yours definitely is.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1854 on: May 01, 2020, 05:11:58 pm »
I have a dentist's appointment scheduled for Monday morning!  Never thought I'd be happy about that, but I AM!!

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting a bit brighter!  happy77

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1855 on: May 01, 2020, 05:23:37 pm »
I have a dentist's appointment scheduled for Monday morning! 
My dentist (in Ohio) had to cancel my 5/4 appointment because his office cannot obtain the necessary PPE, by which I assume they meant masks and gloves.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1856 on: May 01, 2020, 05:25:55 pm »
My dentist (in Ohio) had to cancel my 5/4 appointment because his office cannot obtain the necessary PPE, by which I assume they meant masks and gloves.  **nononono*

That doesn't make any sense.  If the Dentists have been closed, they should have had the PPE they've always used already stocked up, unless they gave it away.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1857 on: May 01, 2020, 05:27:36 pm »
That doesn't make any sense.  If the Dentists have been closed, they should have had the PPE they've always used already stocked up, unless they gave it away.
:shrug:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1858 on: May 01, 2020, 05:39:13 pm »

That makes absolutely no sense.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1859 on: May 01, 2020, 05:41:54 pm »

Yes they should have had their normal "stockpile"  --- perhaps they are staying closed to take advantage of government $$.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1860 on: May 01, 2020, 05:44:53 pm »
UPMC doctor argues COVID-19 not as deadly as feared, says its hospitals will shift back to normal

Snip:
And THIS is what we destroyed our economy for!

@Bigun

No,we destroyed our economy so the Dims could blame it on the Republican,and all the Dim feebs would rally behind "The Flag of Stoopid" and vote for Slow Joe and his Dim accomplices.

BTW,it's not just the Dims,either. There are MANY alleged Republicans as excited as a pervert at a all-girl elementary school at the very thought of Trump and the Conservatives who support him being destroyed so they can get back to business with their Dim accomplices to destroy America and make it safe for fascism.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:47:02 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1861 on: May 01, 2020, 05:46:00 pm »
Yes they should have had their normal "stockpile"  --- perhaps they are staying closed to take advantage of government $$.

Or they donated everything to the Hospitals they were told were about to be overwhelmed.  Maybe they just lack hand sanitizers for the patients?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1862 on: May 01, 2020, 06:29:28 pm »
Gov.  DeWine is outlining the increased retail activity permitted in the new "Stay Safe Ohio" order.  (More allowed than was announced yesterday.... the May 12th date has been moved forward).

It is NOT the same as the "Stay and Home" order that expired yesterday.  (Masks are NOT mandatory..... just recommended to be considerate and caring of others).

He will soon announce information about barber shops, hair salons and restaurants based on recommendations from those who RUN those kinds of businesses.

The goal is to continue to keep Ohioans safe while reopening the economy.

Balancing health and the economy, understanding the impatience of some and the extra caution of others.  Listening to people from all perspectives.

Still proud to be from Ohio.  (Pardon my optimism.  I know it doesn't sit too well with some.  happy77)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1863 on: May 01, 2020, 06:31:49 pm »
Or they donated everything to the Hospitals they were told were about to be overwhelmed.  Maybe they just lack hand sanitizers for the patients?

They have known the date they would be opening for a number of weeks because it was announced.  If they were short of PPE a few weeks ago, there are places they could have gotten them, because Ohio manufacturers are making them.

My guess is that someone in the office wasn't doing his or her job in preparing for this date that they knew was coming.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1864 on: May 01, 2020, 06:59:22 pm »
They likely did. Everyone was harping on how there was a lack of PPE and much of it likely got commandeered to deal with the crisis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1865 on: May 01, 2020, 07:05:35 pm »
They likely did. Everyone was harping on how there was a lack of PPE and much of it likely got commandeered to deal with the crisis.

Yeah, that's what I think.  They were "looted."  They're probably out of TP in the rest rooms, too.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1866 on: May 01, 2020, 07:21:45 pm »
I doubt my dentist and his staff are so incompetent as to forget to order supplies. Dental offices will have to do things much differently under the new Covid protocols, as described in this article about WV's dentists. The PPE now being required is beyond what they normally use.

This is what Ohio dentists now have to do:
GUIDELINES FOR PROVIDNG DENTAL CARE DURING THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC

Pre-screen every patient for COVID-19 risk factors using a comprehensive questionnaire until accurate testing is available.

Reduce the number of in-person appointments by utilizing telephone triage and other remote strategies to address specific patient concerns.

Stagger patient appointments to minimize patient-to-patient contact. To facilitate adequate distancing, it is strongly recommended to limit one patient per dental care provider. Observing these guidelines will regulate the number of patients within an office/clinic at any given time.

Social distancing will be observed in the dental offices and waiting areas.  To help adequate distancing, it is strongly recommended to limit one patient per dental care provider. Observing these guidelines, will regulate the total number of patients seen in a day and the number of patients within an office/clinic at any given time.

Schedule patients ensuring that sufficient time is allocated for appropriate disinfection between patients as recommended in the ADA toolkit.

Patients should come alone for appointments (except where necessary for interpreters, guardians of minors, and others needing assistance).

Record body temperatures for every patient when they arrive for their appointment.

Patients reporting or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms are to be advised to contact their primary care physician immediately and placed in quarantine as appropriate.

Dentists should secure COVID-19 test reports where available for patients and staff.

All staff members should have their temperatures taken upon arriving at work and a record maintained at the dental office.

Staff members who report or exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms should self-quarantine and contact their primary care physician immediately and follow their advice. If found to be positive, the dental office should follow the Ohio Department of Health protocol.

All dental personnel shall use appropriate PPE as dictated by the procedure performed, consistent with guidelines from the CDC and the American Dental Association, including masks, face shields, fluid-resistant gowns and hair cover if applicable.

Dental providers should use high volume evacuators and isolation strategies including rubber dams when appropriate to limit exposure to aerosols.

It is recommended that patients use a pre-procedure mouth rinse immediately before beginning a procedure

All surfaces must be disinfected between patients in accordance with the ADA guidelines.

Special care should be taken for patients with higher risk (pre-existing comorbidities) or immunocompromised individuals.

Dentists are encouraged to work with local public health agencies regarding necessary screening and reporting requirements.

These guidelines will continue to be updated as needed.
Ohio State Dental Board

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1867 on: May 01, 2020, 07:53:14 pm »
Most of those are just the normal precautions that all medical establishments are required to take....... and they are called "guidelines" not requirements.

All they are doing in the small town dentist's office we go to is taking a temperature after we get there.  We are not required to wear a mask (but we will), and I'm sure the appropriate social distancing will be observed.

I'm also sure they are spacing out the appointments and Monday is the first day, so I will report what happens and who is wearing what after my appointment.

If the extra PPE is "required" then I'm sure our office obtained them, because if they didn't, they couldn't open......and they called us today.  If they are wearing what they normally would for their protection, I will be sure that the guidelines are just that......... guidelines.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1868 on: May 01, 2020, 10:35:43 pm »
Well folks, complain all you want, but here in Connecticut where I am there's no letup. In fact, the only "up" is the number of new cases each day:
- Tuesday - 315 new cases
- Wednesday - 455 new cases
- Thursday - 933 new cases
- Friday (today) - 1,064 new cases.

Average is about 80 deaths per day.

I doubt things will be back to any semblance of "normal" here before mid-July or August, if then. I'm wondering if schools will even open in September.
And not too long after that, "the second wave" of the virus in the fall...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1869 on: May 01, 2020, 10:55:12 pm »
I'm sorry to see this @Fishrrman .  I hope things start looking up there soon.  Your part of the country has been hit so hard.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1870 on: May 01, 2020, 11:50:16 pm »
Maybe, but if they anticipated being shut down for the duration, they may have donated their masks and gloves to other medical facilities or nursing homes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1871 on: May 02, 2020, 01:46:42 am »
Maybe, but if they anticipated being shut down for the duration, they may have donated their masks and gloves to other medical facilities or nursing homes.

I don't know why any dentist's office here would think they would be closed for the duration.

They were late in being closed, and at least our dentist seemed to be anxious to open up again as soon as possible. It wasn't a bit surprising to me that they were first on the list to open back up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1872 on: May 02, 2020, 01:53:41 am »
Yeah, that's what I think.  They were "looted."  They're probably out of TP in the rest rooms, too.

@Cyber Liberty

I haven't seen a single roll of toilet paper or paper towels on a shelf at my local chain grocery store since this mess began. I asked someone stocking shelves about it a few days ago,and was told,"We stock the shelves every morning,and it's all gone by noon. You have to get here early."

What the HELL are these people doing with all that toilet paper and paper towels,eating them?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1873 on: May 02, 2020, 02:00:56 am »
I don't know why any dentist's office here would think they would be closed for the duration.

They were late in being closed, and at least our dentist seemed to be anxious to open up again as soon as possible. It wasn't a bit surprising to me that they were first on the list to open back up.
Aside from dental emergencies due to playing or accidents, I can imagine some dental pain, with  no end in sight being cause for people trying to self terminate.
After all, they're doctors, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1874 on: May 02, 2020, 02:04:07 am »
@Cyber Liberty

I haven't seen a single roll of toilet paper or paper towels on a shelf at my local chain grocery store since this mess began. I asked someone stocking shelves about it a few days ago,and was told,"We stock the shelves every morning,and it's all gone by noon. You have to get here early."

What the HELL are these people doing with all that toilet paper and paper towels,eating them?
The road crew I'm on, we're sealing cracks in the pavement. On top of the crack sealing compound (more a rubber than tar), we roll out a layer of TP to keep it from adhering to tires of passing vehicles and not only ruining the sealing job, but potentially wreaking mayhem on someone's vehicle.

A guy stopped while I was flagging and said "So, this is where all the toilet paper is going!"

I replied "It's a rich State! We have streets paved with Charmin!'

C S Lewis