Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159282 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1825 on: April 30, 2020, 07:52:57 pm »
I guess that makes sense. Every evening we watch the 5 p.m. news from Pittsburgh, and they show the downtown bridges with barely a handful of cars on them. Considering the usual rush hour traffic, it's really quite shocking.

Traffic's lighter here, but still more than a handful of cars out there.  I look at the traffic cams across the River in Laughlin, and the streets there are completely deserted.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1826 on: April 30, 2020, 07:54:02 pm »
Pretty weird hearing all y'all. My life ain't changed a whit other than I can't get at the bank and stuff is a bit short hereabouts.

But still doing my route... still running to the feed store, the ranch store, and the hardware store... I know stuff is closed in town, but none of it other than utilities are anything I do.And it ain't like anybody else is paying it any mind either - The highway is just as busy as ever....

Things are changing.

I had running boards put on the truck yesterday, down in Rosenberg, for folks familiar with the area.
The folks at the trailer and hitch store I had it done at were busy.
A lot of people milling about.
On the way home, saw people gathering in the park, just 4 houses away from mine.
Like I said earlier, in the Members Lounge, I  go back to the job site Monday.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1827 on: April 30, 2020, 07:56:11 pm »
The folks at the trailer and hitch store I had it done at were busy.
A lot of people milling about.
On the way home, saw people gathering in the park, just 4 houses away from mine.
Like I said earlier, in the Members Lounge, I  go back to the job site Monday.
All of that is good news.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1828 on: April 30, 2020, 08:03:28 pm »
All of that is good news.
I'm not so sure that is good news, at least not for our town.  It seems cases are starting to spike here.  The virus has hit our police dept, fire dept, city run healthcare clinic, 2 state prisons, cookie factory, special needs homes.  For a relatively small town, we have A LOT of it.  I saw 15-20 people lined up at a snow cone kiosk at a local park, with all of them sandwiched together.  It seems like people are past the point of caring about the virus.  This is potentially dangerous.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1829 on: April 30, 2020, 08:40:20 pm »
I'm not so sure that is good news, at least not for our town.  It seems cases are starting to spike here.  The virus has hit our police dept, fire dept, city run healthcare clinic, 2 state prisons, cookie factory, special needs homes.  For a relatively small town, we have A LOT of it.  I saw 15-20 people lined up at a snow cone kiosk at a local park, with all of them sandwiched together.  It seems like people are past the point of caring about the virus.  This is potentially dangerous.

Aw shucks....
No one here get out alive.

I'll wear mask where I need to, gloves, too.
I'll keep away from people as best I can.

Perspective:

My county has 1000 cases as testing positive, (1024 I think) total.
24 have died, around 200 have recovered.
Most of those still counted as with the virus, are recovering at home.
It sounds like a lot.
Considering my county has over 800K residency, we would have to get to 8K carriers to reach 1%.

I've been home for 6 weeks now.
(I have been working from home, and to be honest, I think I am more productive doing so).
Time to join my co-workers.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 08:41:41 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1830 on: April 30, 2020, 09:18:21 pm »

Not caring is not good.  Things will get back on track much faster if we continue to be smart and considerate of others.  Gathering in groups is still hazardous because of the high percentage of asymptomatic carriers and the extreme contagion of the virus.

All you have to do is look at group homes and prisons to see what gathering together in large groups does to spread the disease.

Repeat........ if people want things to get back to normal, being smart is the fastest way to get there.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1831 on: April 30, 2020, 09:53:56 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1832 on: April 30, 2020, 09:55:54 pm »
All you have to do is look at group homes and prisons to see what gathering together in large groups . . . in cool dry closed environments . . . does to spread the disease.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1833 on: April 30, 2020, 11:22:43 pm »
Good news: in addition to the USNS Comfort leaving New York, two other COVID facilities are winding down operations in NYC: the Javits Center will wrap up Friday, while Samaritan Purse's facility in Central Park (with 18 of its 68 beds currently being occupied right now) will be closing in mid-May.

Overall state hospitalizations statewide have fallen substantially from their peak on Easter.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/central-park-coronavirus-hospital-will-close-in-early-may/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1834 on: April 30, 2020, 11:27:13 pm »
Not caring is not good.  Things will get back on track much faster if we continue to be smart and considerate of others.  Gathering in groups is still hazardous because of the high percentage of asymptomatic carriers and the extreme contagion of the virus.

Lady delivering our groceries for curb side pickup today had her mask wrapped down to her chin.

Was going to ask why, but these folks are already overworked, and sure don't need my snide comments I guess.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1835 on: April 30, 2020, 11:35:34 pm »

So???  People have died because they went to choir practice or a church service too.

I know a handful of you don’t believe it , but a disease spread by human contact  doesn’t spread as much with less human contact.

Not rocket science.  And not really open for debate.

Unless someone just feels like arguing.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:36:20 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1836 on: May 01, 2020, 12:01:54 am »
Good news: in addition to the USNS Comfort leaving New York, two other COVID facilities are winding down operations in NYC: the Javits Center will wrap up Friday, while Samaritan Purse's facility in Central Park (with 18 of its 68 beds currently being occupied right now) will be closing in mid-May.

Overall state hospitalizations statewide have fallen substantially from their peak on Easter.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/central-park-coronavirus-hospital-will-close-in-early-may/

Great news!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1837 on: May 01, 2020, 12:05:18 am »

Yay!  That is really good news.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1838 on: May 01, 2020, 12:55:30 am »
I'm currently splitting time between working at home and working at my office. I'd guesstimate that the traffic I see on SR17//I-880 is about a third of normal volume. Companies that provide essential products and services to essential businesses are not required to shut down. We do have reduced staffing, with those who can do computer work at home doing do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1839 on: May 01, 2020, 02:32:11 am »
05-01-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  4.894 ↑  2.628 ↓
United States  2.385 ↓  7.189 ↓
China 16.752 ↑  1.068 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 458,649
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 22.6 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 32.7 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US 21-day Recovery Deficit has reached 250,000.  That's a quarter of a million people who were diagnosed three weeks ago or earlier and who still are listed as active cases.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1840 on: May 01, 2020, 03:20:43 am »
I'm one of those and have no intention to ever click on that site again but that has not affected how I feel about many of the old-time posters there Alamo-Girl definitely included. She is a FINE lady.
:beer: 888high58888 :amen:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1841 on: May 01, 2020, 03:28:49 am »
Pretty weird hearing all y'all. My life ain't changed a whit other than I can't get at the bank and stuff is a bit short hereabouts.

But still doing my route... still running to the feed store, the ranch store, and the hardware store... I know stuff is closed in town, but none of it other than utilities are anything I do.And it ain't like anybody else is paying it any mind either - The highway is just as busy as ever....
Well, aside from my oil patch job going away, some things being in short supply, not being able to hit the buffet we like a couple of times a month, or joke with the gals at the bank, stuff here is pretty normal, too. Eight of the 10 cases in this county are listed as "recovered", so I'm not so sure what the fuss is about here.

But things won't be back to normal, here for a while, because while the big focus was on the CCP virus, our energy industry imploded. Not complaining, I have a new job for now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #1842 on: May 01, 2020, 06:23:18 am »
I believe I had the virus.  Wife too.  She is presently deployed up north working on the virus in nursing homes.

This sh*t storm still affects me with her out of town, and a consulting gig I was slated for has been on hold.  So I am losing serious income as a result of this nonsense.

I applaud Gov Brian Kemp.  The numbers here in Georgia are not low for infection and death, and he decided to reopen the economic life.  That was not an easy decision to make.

But the notion of expecting a vaccine is very misguided.  There is no guarantee we will have a vaccine in five years, let alone one year.  The only means of protecting society is herd immunity.  Enough people have to get the disease to resume normal living.  Protect those at risk, but resume normal living is the only logical option.  The shutdown, I understand because of the massive influx to hospitals.  But we have protocols in place, that we did not have when this started.  We have folks washing hands(more important than anything to prevent spread), maintaining distance, etc.

Judy Mikovitz, a scientist that worked for NIH with Fauci, said on a clip I watched that wearing masks are not a good thing.  They lower your immune system and cause illness with frequent use.  Thought that comment interesting.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1843 on: May 01, 2020, 07:42:16 am »

Judy Mikovitz, a scientist that worked for NIH with Fauci, said on a clip I watched that wearing masks are not a good thing.  They lower your immune system and cause illness with frequent use.  Thought that comment interesting.

@jafo2010

I,like many others,have COPD,and that makes it even harder to breathe if I put a mask on. Probably ok if I am just sitting around,but if I have to walk while wearing one i end up gasping for breath before long.

Having fluid in my lungs from Lymphoma doesn't help,either.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 07:43:18 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1844 on: May 01, 2020, 12:08:44 pm »
Tribune Review
Ohio extends stay-at-home order through May 30
Tony LaRussa
Friday, May 1, 2020 7:06 a.m.
Ohio has extended its stay-at-home order through May 30, the governor’s office announced late Thursday.

The state issued a schedule for some businesses to begin reopening this month, but Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s statewide stay-at-home order for residents will not end until 11:59 p.m. May 29. The full text of the order was posted on the state’s website.

Pennsylvania is set to announce its plans Friday on what parts of Pennsylvania could see coronavirus restrictions eased. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1845 on: May 01, 2020, 01:39:16 pm »
All previously existing orders for my county in Texas expired at 11:59 PM yesterday.  Not that anyone was paying them any attention to begin with.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1846 on: May 01, 2020, 02:18:39 pm »
Tribune Review
Ohio extends stay-at-home order through May 30
Tony LaRussa
Friday, May 1, 2020 7:06 a.m.

It is a greatly modified order.

Medical procedures, including Dentist's offices open today.  Manufacturing opens on Monday.  Retail opens on May 12th.

Getting out and going to groceries and pharmacies, and any other essential services (including garden services) have never been shut down.

Neither have state parks.

They are working on presenting a plan for restaurants (take out has never been stopped), barber shops, salons, etc., and consulting the owners of those places for advice on what they prefer.

So the continued "stay at home order" isn't really "continued."

And every bit of it has been honestly talked about during the entire time.  So this is not news.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1847 on: May 01, 2020, 02:35:29 pm »
UPMC doctor argues COVID-19 not as deadly as feared, says its hospitals will shift back to normal

Snip:
A UPMC doctor on Thursday made a case the death rate for people infected with the new coronavirus may be as low as 0.25% — far lower than the mortality rates of 2-4% or even higher cited in the early days of the pandemic.

And THIS is what we destroyed our economy for!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1848 on: May 01, 2020, 03:16:02 pm »
Quote from: Bigun
And THIS is what we destroyed our economy for!

No, we destroyed our economy to get Trump out of the white house.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter