Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159327 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1800 on: April 30, 2020, 12:02:17 am »
I'm pretty sure.  AOL did the phone dingy noise and then said I had mail.  I can reach alamo-girl's Clinton Body count and the Hampster Dance.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpMlwVwydo

I shouldn't have run out of hours.  I have dozens of 3.5 floppies left.

I'll try Prodigy.
LOL! Maybe you ran past the end...http://hmpg.net/

Click on the link and keep heading the same direction you did to get there and you should get back on.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1801 on: April 30, 2020, 03:47:05 am »
04-30-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  4.792 ↑  2.672 ↓
United States  2.391 ↓  7.219 ↓
China 16.745 ↑  1.068 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 432,330
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 23.0 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 33.0 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1802 on: April 30, 2020, 07:29:43 am »
Pretty sure a good sure kick to the head would at least make you STFU about @alamogirl. Se doesn't deserve your snark.

Damned sure a swift kick to your head would only feel like a swift kick to your head.

Change it. STFU and change it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1803 on: April 30, 2020, 09:54:57 am »
Pretty sure a good sure kick to the head would at least make you STFU about @alamogirl. Se doesn't deserve your snark.

Damned sure a swift kick to your head would only feel like a swift kick to your head.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1804 on: April 30, 2020, 11:00:09 am »

I have read many commentaries, dissertations, lectures, interpretations, and created my own versions, thereof.

You have committed a disservice to yourself. Just sayin'. Maybe you think I deserve that? Does your intelligence combined with the wit of your with twit make the wit worth whit?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1805 on: April 30, 2020, 11:16:37 am »

Not to change the subject, but there's a name I haven't seen in a while.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1806 on: April 30, 2020, 12:17:05 pm »

Dude, not trying to muddy the waters, but there are a number of us here who have pretty low opinion of Free Republic.  I'll never return to that cesspool.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1807 on: April 30, 2020, 01:17:58 pm »
Dude, not trying to muddy the waters, but there are a number of us here who have pretty low opinion of Free Republic.  I'll never return to that cesspool.

I'm one of those and have no intention to ever click on that site again but that has not affected how I feel about many of the old-time posters there Alamo-Girl definitely included. She is a FINE lady.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod1

« Reply #1808 on: April 30, 2020, 01:43:59 pm »
Let's get back on topic, folks.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1809 on: April 30, 2020, 03:01:38 pm »

It's pretty irrelevant now. I'd be surprised if it's in the top 20 conservative websites on the internet. In 2005, sure it was relevant, maybe the biggest on the internet. That was then, this is now. It's not even worth mocking anymore IMO.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1810 on: April 30, 2020, 03:07:23 pm »
It's pretty irrelevant now. I'd be surprised if it's in the top 20 conservative websites on the internet. In 2005, sure it was relevant, maybe the biggest on the internet. That was then, this is now. It's not even worth mocking anymore IMO.
I do look over there for news stories.  I rarely read the comments.  I still find it amazing how the thons are such a farce.

Online corbe

« Reply #1811 on: April 30, 2020, 03:16:07 pm »
    For $88K a quarter in donations I'd expect GWB, himself, or perhaps a p0rn star to post there, more often.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1812 on: April 30, 2020, 03:21:06 pm »
I do look over there for news stories.  I rarely read the comments.  I still find it amazing how the thons are such a farce.

@mrpotatohead

Same here,but when I do read the comments to get an understanding of the current Cult-Think,I am genuinely surprised to see so many screen names that I remember from the last 90's.

True,some of those people only post on specific threads that have nothing to do with current politics,but it is still surprising.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1813 on: April 30, 2020, 03:29:11 pm »
    For $88K a quarter in donations I'd expect GWB, himself, or perhaps a p0rn star to post there, more often.

You'd think a 1/3 of a million dollars a year  should be able to buy and maintain some semblence of a decent forum.
Close Circuit  feed of the FR Server Room?.....    :cool:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:30:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #1814 on: April 30, 2020, 03:35:28 pm »
   That front load washer is used to Laundry the Money, right?  @catfish1957
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1815 on: April 30, 2020, 03:38:09 pm »
   That front load washer is used to Laundry the Money, right?  @catfish1957

I wouldn't say that.  But I do liken it to spending a million dollars to keeping a 1966 Rambler going.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1816 on: April 30, 2020, 05:04:30 pm »
Not to change the subject, but there's a name I haven't seen in a while.

Hadn't thought about her in a few years now.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1817 on: April 30, 2020, 05:10:52 pm »
Studies show no evidence of kids under 10 passing coronavirus to adults
By Laura Italiano
April 30, 2020 | 12:52 pm
No child under age 10 is known to have transmitted the coronavirus to an adult, a review of several studies has found.

Experts can’t find a single case in which a young kid passed the virus on to a grownup, according to the review led by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and reported in the Telegraph Thursday.

Kids are also far less likely to become infected, the research found. ...
New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1818 on: April 30, 2020, 05:13:16 pm »
Death by medical malpractice - sounds like another Covid-19 death to me!
Coronavirus patient dead after medical residents set ventilator too high
By Natalie O'Neill
April 30, 2020 | 12:53pm

A New York coronavirus patient died after inexperienced medical residents rushed to the frontline of the pandemic set her ventilator too high, according to a report.

The patient, who was in her 60s, was being cared for on an overnight shift at Montefiore Hospital in the Bronx last month by family-medicine residents, who were not properly trained in how to use the respiratory support machine, according to the Wall Street Journal. ...

So when the patient’s illness worsened dramatically overnight and the residents hooked her up to a ventilator, they accidentally turned the device up too high — stopping her heart, according to the paper.

When a critical-care physician rushed to the room, the doctors-in-training admitted that they didn’t know how to properly work the settings of the ventilator. ...
More at NY Post
--------------------------------------------
Colorado’s Health Department Reclassifies Nursing Home Deaths As Coronavirus
By Brian Maass
April 30, 2020 at 9:47 am

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (CBS4)– The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has reclassified three deaths at a Centennial nursing home as COVID-19 deaths, despite the fact attending physicians ruled all three were not related to coronavirus, according to a CBS4 Investigation.

The deaths occurred at Someren Glen, a senior living community with about 200 residents who receive various levels of care. ... CBS Denver
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 05:48:44 pm by mountaineer »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1819 on: April 30, 2020, 05:19:36 pm »
Well, if this doesn't just break your heart ...  *****rollingeyes*****
Coronavirus forcing hospitals to delay gender-change surgeries
By Carl Campanile
April 30, 2020 | 12:08pm |

The coronavirus pandemic has forced hospitals to shelve hundreds of “life-altering” gender-change surgeries in order to devote resources to battle the killer bug.

The Mount Sinai Hospital’s Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery performs about 600 gender assignment surgeries per year, its executive director, Dr. Joshua Safer, told The Post.

Under a state order last month, elective surgeries were suspended at New York hospitals as the pandemic started hitting New York with a vengeance.

At Mount Sinai alone about 50 gender assignment surgeries were postponed over the past six weeks. ...
NY Post

They could have used all this time to seek psychological help.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1820 on: April 30, 2020, 05:58:09 pm »
The Mount Sinai Hospital’s Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery performs about 600 gender assignment surgeries per year, its executive director, Dr. Joshua Safer, told The Post.

I know I ain't one of those spicticitatid city dwellers that I see on my teebee all the time,but I hafta admit I am shocked to see a major hospital with a WHOLE FREAKING DEPARTMENT dedicated to changing plumbing.

WTH is financing that? You just KNOW somebody contributed millions of bucks to the hospital to get them to set up that special clinic. Who was it? There is almost always plaques on the walls honoring the big hospital donors,and I am curious to see who it is and if they are connected to Soros.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1821 on: April 30, 2020, 07:36:19 pm »
Some interesting stats on automobile usage during the lockdowns. Traffic is way down—63% down in NYC... but speeding is way up because drivers have less traffic and drive faster than the roads are built to safely accommodate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8270621/Deadly-car-crashes-spike-states-including-Minnesota-Louisiana-amid-coronavirus-lockdown.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1822 on: April 30, 2020, 07:42:52 pm »
Some interesting stats on automobile usage during the lockdowns. Traffic is way down—63% down in NYC... but speeding is way up because drivers have less traffic and drive faster than the roads are built to safely accommodate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8270621/Deadly-car-crashes-spike-states-including-Minnesota-Louisiana-amid-coronavirus-lockdown.html

Yep.
The joke is, "I love my new truck, I get three weeks to the gallon!"

Full disclosure:

I bought a new Chevy Silverado on February 15th.
It looks pretty cool.....in the driveway.

:cool:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1823 on: April 30, 2020, 07:44:42 pm »
speeding is way up because drivers have less traffic and drive faster than the roads are built to safely accommodate.
I guess that makes sense. Every evening we watch the 5 p.m. news from Pittsburgh, and they show the downtown bridges with barely a handful of cars on them. Considering the usual rush hour traffic, it's really quite shocking.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1824 on: April 30, 2020, 07:50:21 pm »
Yep.
The joke is, "I love my new truck, I get three weeks to the gallon!"

Full disclosure:

I bought a new Chevy Silverado on February 15th.
It looks pretty cool.....in the driveway.

:cool:

Pretty weird hearing all y'all. My life ain't changed a whit other than I can't get at the bank and stuff is a bit short hereabouts.

But still doing my route... still running to the feed store, the ranch store, and the hardware store... I know stuff is closed in town, but none of it other than utilities are anything I do.And it ain't like anybody else is paying it any mind either - The highway is just as busy as ever....