Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159273 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1700 on: April 27, 2020, 09:37:49 pm »
Ya think?  Dry air.  Cool temperature.  What's there for a virus not to like?

With the added benefit if ensuring all the saliva-droplet laden air moves all around to every nook and cranny.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1701 on: April 27, 2020, 09:41:27 pm »
Chalk up another defeat for the "stay inside" crowd.

New research says air conditioning can spread COVID-19
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/new-research-says-air-conditioning-can-spread-covid-19-but-it-s-more-complicated-than-that/ar-BB13h28W

No sh1t?
                *****rollingeyes*****
Air can spread COVID-19.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1702 on: April 27, 2020, 09:47:20 pm »
Chalk up another defeat for the "stay inside" crowd.

New research says air conditioning can spread COVID-19
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/new-research-says-air-conditioning-can-spread-covid-19-but-it-s-more-complicated-than-that/ar-BB13h28W

Gee..... that means that stores, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and every other building is dangerous to be in during warm weather.

So what exactly does this ‘shocking’ news have to do with staying at home??  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1703 on: April 27, 2020, 09:48:17 pm »
Air can spread COVID-19.

Hot humid air saturated with UV rays from the sun cannot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1704 on: April 27, 2020, 09:50:52 pm »
Gee..... that means that stores, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and every other building is dangerous to be in during warm weather.

So what exactly does this ‘shocking’ news have to do with staying at home??  *****rollingeyes*****

Without AC in SE Texas????????

They'll have to take my thermostat from my cold dead hands!!!!!!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1705 on: April 27, 2020, 10:05:51 pm »

Of COURSE you can have safe AC in your own home!

The only danger will be in stores and public buildings, which was my point.

This is not 'bad news' for staying at home, but a caution for opening things up.

But they'll open up because it's what every sane person wants to do.

btw, you could always move to Ohio.  We have a temperate climate here and won't need AC for quite a while.   :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1706 on: April 27, 2020, 10:06:41 pm »

Does it ever make you wonder how your grandaddy did?

Offline corbe

« Reply #1707 on: April 27, 2020, 10:09:32 pm »
   Like all his predecessors, except Reagan, just like that, Trump is gray.    333cleo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1708 on: April 27, 2020, 10:12:52 pm »

If you live in an apartment building—as a large proportion of people who live in major cities do—you're not any safer at home than you are outside. That's what it has to do with staying at home.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1709 on: April 27, 2020, 10:21:07 pm »
If you live in an apartment building—as a large proportion of people who live in major cities do—you're not any safer at home than you are outside. That's what it has to do with staying at home.

TRUE. HVAC normally shares a common intake. And while zoning is usually per-apartment, nothing really impedes airflow.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1710 on: April 27, 2020, 10:31:18 pm »
I have never lived in an air conditioned house.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1711 on: April 27, 2020, 10:31:42 pm »

There has been no restriction on going outside here.  If you live in a duplex or single family home it's still much safer to be at home than in a store or business.  Even if you're in an apartment with individual units, you're safer there.

But going outside is probably as important as anything to maintaining mental health, regardless of 'safety.'  I've been out for walks pretty much every day, and that's been encouraged by everyone I know.  As the weather here has gotten warmer, we've been doing a lot of yard work as well.  Also encouraged.

But at any rate, my point remains.  The AC information has very little relevance to whether or not it's been wise to stay at home. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1712 on: April 27, 2020, 10:33:30 pm »

Our AC hasn't been run since last September.

And if it gets hot any time soon, the windows will be opened and the fans will bring the fresh air through the house.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1713 on: April 27, 2020, 10:34:51 pm »

Me neither... But then I suppose there are folks down south who have never been in a heated house  :whistle: :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1714 on: April 27, 2020, 10:37:58 pm »
S'alright, y'all...

More for me...  :beer: :seeya:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1715 on: April 27, 2020, 10:40:55 pm »
There has been no restriction on going outside here.  If you live in a duplex or single family home it's still much safer to be at home than in a store or business.  Even if you're in an apartment with individual units, you're safer there.

But going outside is probably as important as anything to maintaining mental health, regardless of 'safety.'  I've been out for walks pretty much every day, and that's been encouraged by everyone I know.  As the weather here has gotten warmer, we've been doing a lot of yard work as well.  Also encouraged.

But at any rate, my point remains.  The AC information has very little relevance to whether or not it's been wise to stay at home.
There is a certain contingent of harpies out there that seems to insist we must remain holed up in our domiciles until it is "safe," that any step outside sheltered walls is a risk. I post this to dispel that myth.

It is more important to stay away from other people than it is to stay in one place for months on end, which will do more harm than good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1716 on: April 27, 2020, 10:41:43 pm »
Kudos to POTUS.  Nice job on today's Presser.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1717 on: April 27, 2020, 10:43:06 pm »
There is a certain contingent of harpies out there that seems to insist we must remain holed up in our domiciles until it is "safe," that any step outside sheltered walls is a risk. I post this to dispel that myth.

It is more important to stay away from other people than it is to stay in one place for months on end, which will do more harm than good.

More importantly: Get back to work. Whatever the case.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1718 on: April 27, 2020, 10:57:09 pm »

All I’m encouraging is a bit of balance.  I’m not sure who these ‘harpies’ are (that’s an unpleasant TOS flashback), but if I were you, I’d stop listening to any of them.  They’re fools.  And none of them hang around here.

Get out as much as you can. Go to a park if you don’t have a yard.  Go to a store whenever you feel like it.  Talk with neighbors and friends.  But whatever you do, try to stay positive for the sake of your mental health.

I’ve seen a lot of negativity, hostility and mockery around here lately, and it’s not good for anyone.

This will be over soon, perhaps with a slightly new normal, but it WILL be over.

What we need to do is take care of ourselves until then.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1719 on: April 27, 2020, 11:08:20 pm »
All I’m encouraging is a bit of balance.  I’m not sure who these ‘harpies’ are (that’s an unpleasant TOS flashback), but if I were you, I’d stop listening to any of them.  They’re fools.  And none of them hang around here.

Get out as much as you can. Go to a park if you don’t have a yard.  Go to a store whenever you feel like it.  Talk with neighbors and friends.  But whatever you do, try to stay positive for the sake of your mental health.

I’ve seen a lot of negativity, hostility and mockery around here lately, and it’s not good for anyone.

This will be over soon, perhaps with a slightly new normal, but it WILL be over.

And to be clear, I wasn't pointing that comment at anyone on this board. There are a lot of trolls on the Internet, and between heightened tensions and everyone being online it seems, I see a lot more of them as of late.

The comment is more in reference to people who comment on local news sites' Facebook pages. I don't take them seriously, but it is nice to have a little evidence to refute them so that others don't blindly follow their lead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1720 on: April 27, 2020, 11:08:55 pm »

Parks?  The only parks that they've opened around here are nature preserves -- well I was excited, except I got eaten alive by all the mosquitoes. Mosquito control I guess is shutdown.  City council was supposed to "talk" about opening the actual parks around here, but haven't heard a word.  One beach opened up in the county for residents only that live on the beach -- no sunbathing. Parks with playgrounds will continue to stay closed -- and only those who live in the neighborhood of certain parks are allowed to walk them -- parking lots at those parks will continue to be shutdown!

We have been prohibited from visiting families IF we don't live in the household.  No more than a gathering of 10 -- but social distancing of 6 feet.  People have been stopped in their vehicles and questioned as to where they are going and for what purpose.

So .... it's becoming ridiculous.  Less than 1% of the population in this county has been infected and we remain tightly shut down.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:10:47 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1721 on: April 27, 2020, 11:13:29 pm »
So .... it's becoming ridiculous.  Less than 1% of the population in this county has been infected and we remain tightly shut down.
I posted this tweet on another thread but it seems appropriate here:
Paul Sperry    @paulsperry_
Did we murder the economy and throw a fifth of the labor force out of work to save less than 0.01% of the population?
1:12 PM · Apr 27, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1722 on: April 27, 2020, 11:13:53 pm »
More importantly: Get back to work. Whatever the case.

Yay!!!! You're back!!!!     :laugh:  :beer:   :hands: :shotglass:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1723 on: April 27, 2020, 11:13:57 pm »
Parks?  The only parks that they've opened around here are nature preserves -- well I was excited, except I got eaten alive by all the mosquitoes. Mosquito control I guess is shutdown.  City council was supposed to "talk" about opening the actual parks around here, but haven't heard a word.  One beach opened up in the county for residents only that live on the beach -- no sunbathing. Parks with playgrounds will continue to stay closed -- and only those who live in the neighborhood of certain parks are allowed to walk them -- parking lots at those parks will continue to be shutdown!

I guess it depends on what state you live in.  There's only one State Park that's been closed the whole time here, and that's one that has really narrow trails with cliffs.  All the rest have been open with the only restriction being no congregating at pavilions and playground areas.

And things are going to start opening up this week, with businesses opening up on Monday and retail stores in another week.  I guess that's maybe why I don't feel as discouraged as some of the rest of you.  I think things are being handled well here with a balance of safety and restoring the economy.

We're definitely not "tightly shut down."

Maybe the rest of y'all should move.  wink777

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1724 on: April 27, 2020, 11:14:37 pm »

:tongue2:

Wise guy.... :beer:  Mrs. Liberty never used hers in Laguna Niguel.  My bother on Oahu doesn't even have a furnace, nor AC.

We're looking at our first 100 degree day here.  We were just a few tenths of a degree from it yesterday, today's a bit cooler than yesterday....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: