Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159308 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1675 on: April 26, 2020, 12:50:34 am »
04-26-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  4.443 ↑  2.927 ↓
United States  2.178 ↑  8.130 ↓
China 16.709 ↑  1.070 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 349,398
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 22.6 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 38.6 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Upticks in New York, New Jersey, and Michigan.  Overall, just over 2,000 deaths, but no numbers for Colorado.  Expecting a weekend abatement.  More recoveries coming in.  Let's see how it looks on Monday.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1676 on: April 26, 2020, 01:13:17 am »
Lots of mosquitos.

I saw my last skeeter when I left Texas on a train to Phoenix.  I still haven't seen any since I saw Texas in my rear view mirror, and it's been 40 years.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1677 on: April 26, 2020, 03:36:08 am »
   Good Lesbians are hard to find.

@corbe

Bad ones are also hard to find,but MUCH more fun.  For one thing,they have girlfriends.

Don try this with your main squeeze and her sister,who you used to date before her.

Trust me on this one.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 03:38:54 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1678 on: April 26, 2020, 08:47:26 am »
I saw my last skeeter when I left Texas on a train to Phoenix.  I still haven't seen any since I saw Texas in my rear view mirror, and it's been 40 years.  :shrug:

I've probably killed thousands of them, all for my personal gain (not to be bitten).

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1679 on: April 26, 2020, 12:50:44 pm »

A lot of Chinese in my neighborhood in Brooklyn. The other day on my early morning walk I saw a car slowly driving the empty street with an older Chinese couple inside, both wearing their masks. I shook my head and laughed as the car crept by.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1680 on: April 26, 2020, 02:12:40 pm »
Be careful with those masks, people.
New Jersey driver crashes car after passing out from wearing N95 mask
By Craig McCarthy
April 24, 2020 | 1:29pm

A New Jersey driver crashed head-on into a pole — after passing out from wearing an N95 mask for hours, police said Friday.

Lincoln Park police believe that the driver, who was not named, lost consciousness while behind the wheel Thursday from lack of oxygen and breathing in excessive carbon dioxide thanks to the mask, the department wrote on Facebook. ...
Full story at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1681 on: April 26, 2020, 02:15:13 pm »
A lot of Chinese in my neighborhood in Brooklyn. The other day on my early morning walk I saw a car slowly driving the empty street with an older Chinese couple inside, both wearing their masks. I shook my head and laughed as the car crept by.
It's like when I see people in the middle of our local walking park wearing masks.  Of course there is no one within 100' of them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1682 on: April 26, 2020, 03:20:36 pm »
It's like when I see people in the middle of our local walking park wearing masks.  Of course there is no one within 100' of them.

@mrpotatohead

Seems like most people are so afraid of dying they are afraid to live.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1683 on: April 26, 2020, 03:29:30 pm »
I had to go to Walgreens yesterday for a prescription. Some man walks into the store without a mask.

He’s about 50 feet in and is stopped by a cashier, who gives him a paper mask.

He says he will refuse to wear it, he needs a prescription.

Clerk says fine, use the drive through. Man leaves muttering under his breath stupid Nazi state. And then F you, Murphy.

Peeps really becoming unhinged let me tell you.

Paging Howard Beale, you’re ready again for your close up. I think we’re getting to our breaking point where we will roll down our windows and shout. 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1684 on: April 26, 2020, 04:15:41 pm »
New York update: hospital occupancy rates (the state's best proxy for infection rates) continue to follow the bell curve. 13 days before Easter matches 13 days after.

If this continues, the stay-home order will likely expire on time, as by then the rates would roughly be the same as March 11—the day the first actions (closing the college campuses) were taken—except by that point, there wouldn't be anywhere near as many hidden infections like there were floating about March 11.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1685 on: April 26, 2020, 04:29:44 pm »
I had to go to Walgreens yesterday for a prescription. Some man walks into the store without a mask.

He’s about 50 feet in and is stopped by a cashier, who gives him a paper mask.

He says he will refuse to wear it, he needs a prescription.

Clerk says fine, use the drive through. Man leaves muttering under his breath stupid Nazi state. And then F you, Murphy.

Peeps really becoming unhinged let me tell you.

Paging Howard Beale, you’re ready again for your close up. I think we’re getting to our breaking point where we will roll down our windows and shout.

I am not quite not that militant, and all my ventures outside my property have been "in verhicle"  grocery pick-up. I understand risk, and want to protect myself and others.

Still, I be damned if any government forces me wear a mask. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1686 on: April 26, 2020, 04:47:03 pm »
New York update: hospital occupancy rates (the state's best proxy for infection rates) continue to follow the bell curve. 13 days before Easter matches 13 days after.

If this continues, the stay-home order will likely expire on time, as by then the rates would roughly be the same as March 11—the day the first actions (closing the college campuses) were taken—except by that point, there wouldn't be anywhere near as many hidden infections like there were floating about March 11.
To further elaborate...

Note the risk of infection. Let's assume that anyone who goes to the hospital goes at the first sign of symptoms, which isn't true but it gives the minimum lead time between infection and hospitalization. We know the average is 5½ days. So today's hospitalizations reflect infections from 5 to 6 days ago. Likewise, the counterpart on the other side of the bell curve reflects infection risk from 5½ days before that.

So, consider the apex was April 12, Easter. We are, now, 14 days past that day. 14 days before that was March 29. Factor in the infection delay twice, and you get 11 days before that or March 18.

Now, let's consider the expiration of the stay-home order, May 15. That's 33 days after April 12. 33 days before that was March 10. 11 days before that was... February 28, a full two weeks before most of the state outside New Rochelle was paying attention to this. And unlike then, when testing was painfully slow, we now have testing quick enough to know within a day whether or not someone is infected.

It's a simplistic way of looking at it, but if I'm Cuomo, I see no reason to extend the stay-home order beyond its current expiration date, especially if this is going to be a phased re-opening.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1687 on: April 26, 2020, 05:15:46 pm »

It's a simplistic way of looking at it, but if I'm Cuomo,

@jmyrlefuller

....,you care nothing for reality,and everything for political advantage.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1688 on: April 26, 2020, 06:16:06 pm »
@mrpotatohead

Seems like most people are so afraid of dying they are afraid to live.

"You cannot hide from danger. Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died."

Margaret Weis, The Soulforge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1689 on: April 27, 2020, 01:17:43 am »
04-27-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  4.638 ↑  2.823 ↓
United States  2.144 ↓  8.311 ↑
China 16.709 -  1.070 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 386,106
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 21.2 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 35.3 %  ↓

Sharp drop in new cases, but most likely due to it being Sunday.  Global (exclude US & China) 14-day recovery rate is 56.3%, which is almost 3 times US rate.  Recoveries continue to go uncounted in US.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1690 on: April 27, 2020, 01:49:56 am »
04-27-2020 | 0:00 GMT

Global (excluding China & US)  4.638 ↑  2.823 ↓
United States  2.144 ↓  8.311 ↑
China 16.709 -  1.070 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 386,106
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 21.2 %  ↓
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 35.3 %  ↓

Sharp drop in new cases, but most likely due to it being Sunday.  Global (exclude US & China) 14-day recovery rate is 56.3%, which is almost 3 times US rate.  Recoveries continue to go uncounted in US.

Yes, recoveries continue to go uncounted.  The method of 'reporting' has changed 3x in the past 5 weeks from the FL Dept. of Health.  Hospitalizations used to be counted, now that number is just an asterisk.  No recoveries reported.  Glitches in the system raised the previous numbers.  Data will not only be reported once a day now, instead of twice a day.

Accuracy??  What's there to doubt? /s
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1691 on: April 27, 2020, 02:14:26 am »
"You cannot hide from danger. Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died."
Margaret Weis, The Soulforge

"LEEEEEROY JEEENKIIIIINS!!!!"

-Leeroy Jenkins World of Warcraft.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1692 on: April 27, 2020, 02:17:18 am »
American passengers aboard the Diamond Princess, in quarantine since Feb 5, were evacuated from the ship 69 days ago.  Of the 46 Americans who contracted SARS-2, all 46 are still listed as active cases.  Not a single one recovered.  Over two months have gone by, yet someone want us to believe every single one of them is still locked away in quarantine somewhere fighting off this disease?  Yeah, right.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online LadyLiberty

« Reply #1693 on: April 27, 2020, 02:47:10 am »
More than a month ago Gov Abbott said that all of the Diamond Princess passengers that were quarantined at Lackland AFB in San Antonio had recovered and gone home.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1694 on: April 27, 2020, 03:01:37 am »
More than a month ago Gov Abbott said that all of the Diamond Princess passengers that were quarantined at Lackland AFB in San Antonio had recovered and gone home.

According to this, they are still listed as 'active'.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online LadyLiberty

« Reply #1695 on: April 27, 2020, 03:48:05 am »
I don't doubt what you are saying at all.  It's so much easier to keep track of confirmed positives and deaths.  For a time I had a spreadsheet that, among other things, tracked the % recovered based on the Johns Hopkins dashboard.  They had a disclaimer saying that their reported numbers of recovered were based on media reports and therefore their recoveries were significantly less than the actual number.  Because of that I stopped tracking % recovered, knowing how inaccurate and therefore useless the result was.  Johns Hopkins finally stopped reporting that number as well.    I don't think there is anything nefarious going on, it's simply that recoveries are extremely difficult to track, especially since new cases and deaths are significantly more important when trying to determine if we've got a handle on this.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1696 on: April 27, 2020, 03:52:57 am »
I don't doubt what you are saying at all.  It's so much easier to keep track of confirmed positives and deaths.  For a time I had a spreadsheet that, among other things, tracked the % recovered based on the Johns Hopkins dashboard.  They had a disclaimer saying that their reported numbers of recovered were based on media reports and therefore their recoveries were significantly less than the actual number.  Because of that I stopped tracking % recovered, knowing how inaccurate and therefore useless the result was.  Johns Hopkins finally stopped reporting that number as well.    I don't think there is anything nefarious going on, it's simply that recoveries are extremely difficult to track, especially since new cases and deaths are significantly more important when trying to determine if we've got a handle on this.
Positive tests-sick people-dead people=recovered.

:shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1697 on: April 27, 2020, 10:25:55 am »
I'd argue the case totals are even less accurate than the recovery numbers, because the authorities have admittedly missed a lot of cases (something that antibody testing has more or less confirmed).

I live in a county that does track recoveries; the county requires two negative tests after a positive to confirm recovery. As a smaller, rural county, they have capacity to do that. When you have that capacity you can get a general gist of the path (whether more are recovering than getting sick). In more populous areas, that's not so easy, and that's why the state of New York, for instance, uses COVID-like hospitalizations as a proxy. You look at New York's case totals and, in general, they follow how many tests are being given each day.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1698 on: April 27, 2020, 09:16:18 pm »
Chalk up another defeat for the "stay inside" crowd.

New research says air conditioning can spread COVID-19
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/new-research-says-air-conditioning-can-spread-covid-19-but-it-s-more-complicated-than-that/ar-BB13h28W

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1699 on: April 27, 2020, 09:34:15 pm »
Chalk up another defeat for the "stay inside" crowd.

New research says air conditioning can spread COVID-19

Ya think?  Dry air.  Cool temperature.  What's there for a virus not to like?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-