Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159326 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1550 on: April 20, 2020, 08:06:50 pm »
We were talking about this above:
Survey: COVID-19 Affecting Patients’ Access to Cancer Care
Delays and Financial Strain Dominate Cancer Patients’ Experience in Pandemic
April 15, 2020

Washington, D.C.—Cancer patients and those who’ve recently completed treatment are finding it challenging to get necessary health care in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and many are experiencing financial stress trying to afford care in an increasingly difficult economic environment.

According to the latest survey from Survivor Views, a national cohort of cancer patients and survivors who complete surveys on a range of public policy issues important to the cancer community, half (51%) of all those surveyed reported some impact on their care due to the virus. Of those who’ve experienced an effect, nearly 1 in 4 report a delay in care or treatment. Among those 1 in 4, the most common delays were for in-person provider appointments (50%); delayed access to imaging services to determine if a patient’s cancer had grown or returned (20%); access to supportive services, including physical therapy or mental health care (20%); and access to surgical procedures (8%).

Among just the respondents who remain in active treatment, more than a quarter (27%) report a delay in their care, and 13% say they don’t know when it will be rescheduled.   ...
More from American Cancer Society
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1551 on: April 20, 2020, 08:09:31 pm »
-$38?

Commodity market glitch.  No oil company is going to give you $38/bbl and oil on delivery.  Insanity X 1000.

I am going to buy Kuwait with my Trump check.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1552 on: April 20, 2020, 08:11:28 pm »
There is something more complicated than the typical exchange of goods with money going on here.  It's a futures commodity market, and there are external forces at work like expiring contracts.

The worse thing a commodity futures trader could ever hear:  "Where do you want it delivered?"  That's a bitch if you have 15 tons of Oats.

Exactly.  Beleive me....   There is no trader selling or buying oil at this price right now, or ever will. The sphinter will tighten up way before it truly goes much under $10/bbl delievered.  This is all a commodity trading glitch, but damned peculiar and unprecedented though.  When the smoke clears, I still see oil deliveries really somewhere between $10-30/bbl for the near term. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1553 on: April 20, 2020, 08:12:53 pm »
I am going to buy Kuwait with my Trump check.

LOL....

I'd say this high stakes game of chicken between Russia and the Saudis got "REAL" ....   Real quick.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1554 on: April 20, 2020, 08:35:45 pm »
Exactly.  Beleive me....   There is no trader selling or buying oil at this price right now, or ever will. The sphinter will tighten up way before it truly goes much under $10/bbl delievered.  This is all a commodity trading glitch, but damned peculiar and unprecedented though.  When the smoke clears, I still see oil deliveries really somewhere between $10-30/bbl for the near term.

Price stability is why futures markets exist in the first place.  The contracts in play today are for oil that physically moves to the refineries in May (I think). 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1555 on: April 20, 2020, 08:50:22 pm »
Price stability is why futures markets exist in the first place.  The contracts in play today are for oil that physically moves to the refineries in May (I think).

You might be able to correct me, but I thought these contract prices between producers (unintegrated) refinerers, storage facilites, etc were based on tempered rolling averages.   Say, of these crazy negative numbers were to persist, I'd expect a mass wave of Force Majeure moves.  Like I have said, earlier, I just don't envision a scenario where a producer pays for delivery. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1556 on: April 20, 2020, 09:08:05 pm »
You might be able to correct me, but I thought these contract prices between producers (unintegrated) refinerers, storage facilites, etc were based on tempered rolling averages.   Say, of these crazy negative numbers were to persist, I'd expect a mass wave of Force Majeure moves.  Like I have said, earlier, I just don't envision a scenario where a producer pays for delivery.

A situation cannot exist in nature where a producer pays the buyer to take the product.  That said, a system of regulations and rules creates an unnatural market, so who knows what will really happen?  It's unprecedented.  And I certainly do not have the knowledge chops to say you are wrong about any of this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1557 on: April 20, 2020, 09:31:12 pm »
A little bit of local good news:

The county next door to mine has fallen to two—yes, two—active cases after an outbreak late last month. No new cases in several days. I don't remember what their high point in active cases was; there've been 27 over the entire course of the outbreak. Their quarantine numbers have dropped to a quarter of what they were earlier this week.
https://wnynewsnow.com/2020/04/20/no-new-covid-19-cases-reported-in-chautauqua-county-monday/

(My county appears to be leveling off, despite an uptick in testing. Most of the new cases appear to be traced contacts and health-care workers who live on the other side of the county. 18 active cases here, 30 overall. None have died yet, thankfully, though there was a close call.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1558 on: April 20, 2020, 09:44:59 pm »
Hundreds of thousands in L.A. County may have been infected with coronavirus, study finds

April 20, 20201:12 PM UPDATED 2:29 PM
Hundreds of thousands of Los Angeles County residents may have been infected with the coronavirus by early April, far outpacing the number of officially confirmed cases, according to a report released Monday.
The initial results from the first large-scale study tracking the spread of the coronavirus in the county found that 2.8% to 5.6% of adults have antibodies to the virus in their blood, an indication of past exposure.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-20/coronavirus-serology-testing-la-county

snip

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #1559 on: April 20, 2020, 09:50:34 pm »
LOL....

I'd say this high stakes game of chicken between Russia and the Saudis got "REAL" ....   Real quick.

Thank goodness our President spent so much time negotiating with both over the last 2 weeks.  Just think how much lower the oil price would be without him.

And great timing on refilling the national oil reserve.  #TheArtoftheDeal
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:53:29 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1560 on: April 20, 2020, 09:51:56 pm »
The previous LA Times article, LA County study, combined with Stanford Santa Clara studies draw many similar results, namely far more people have been exposed, which results in a far lower death percent.

STEM types will generally be more conversant, than Rhetoric, social studies, TDS loser types
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:53:08 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

« Reply #1561 on: April 20, 2020, 09:55:26 pm »
Hundreds of thousands in L.A. County may have been infected with coronavirus, study finds

April 20, 20201:12 PM UPDATED 2:29 PM
Hundreds of thousands of Los Angeles County residents may have been infected with the coronavirus by early April, far outpacing the number of officially confirmed cases, according to a report released Monday.
The initial results from the first large-scale study tracking the spread of the coronavirus in the county found that 2.8% to 5.6% of adults have antibodies to the virus in their blood, an indication of past exposure.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-20/coronavirus-serology-testing-la-county

snip

That's a pretty small percentage as far as providing any herd immunity. I wonder how accurate these antibody tests are relative to a specific strain? There are many other corona virus strains running around normally. Some mild, some not.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1562 on: April 20, 2020, 10:01:22 pm »
Yes there is capacity and it does need to be refilled. They tried to pass a bill to do that last month and...surprise...Pelosi killed it in the House.
There's room for 77,000,000 barrels of oil and a chance to fill it cheaper than any time in the last 40 years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1563 on: April 20, 2020, 10:11:00 pm »
Yes there is capacity and it does need to be refilled. They tried to pass a bill to do that last month and...surprise...Pelosi killed it in the House.

Why does it require an act of Congress to fill the SPR, when a President can release it at the stroke of a pen?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1564 on: April 20, 2020, 10:13:53 pm »
Why does it require an act of Congress to fill the SPR, when a President can release it at the stroke of a pen?
Not sure, but the same people who didn't re-stock masks and such don't want to buy oil cheap.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1565 on: April 20, 2020, 10:16:25 pm »
Not sure, but the same people who didn't re-stock masks and such don't want to buy oil cheap.

True.  In fact, Congress would prefer to buy the oil at the highest possible price, to benefit Pelosi's "rich oil friends."  She has more of those than either Bush. 
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #1566 on: April 20, 2020, 10:16:35 pm »
Money, but thankfully our President already locked us into 30 million barrels at March prices.

https://www.energy.gov/articles/department-energy-executes-direction-president-trump-announces-solicitation-purchase-crude

Today, DOE announced a solicitation for the purchase of an initial 30 million barrels to begin filling the SPR. Solicitations for additional purchases will follow.

“DOE is moving quickly to support U.S. oil producers facing potentially catastrophic losses from the impacts of COVID-19 and the intentional disruption to world oil markets by foreign actors,” said U.S. Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette.

Under this initial solicitation, DOE will purchase up to 30 million barrels of sweet and sour crude oil with a focus on small to midsize U.S. oil producers.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1567 on: April 20, 2020, 10:18:56 pm »
Money, but thankfully our President already locked us into 30 million barrels at March prices.

https://www.energy.gov/articles/department-energy-executes-direction-president-trump-announces-solicitation-purchase-crude

But was that money actually appropriated for the purchase?  Or was that just a solicitation that went nowhere?  I honestly do not know.

ETA:  I should read linked articles more often.  FTA:

Today’s solicitation is the first step toward filling the SPR to its maximum capacity.  The Department is working with Congress to finalize the funding to support the purchase of the full 77 million barrels of oil, consistent with the President’s directive.

That's the appropriation @txradioguy was talking about Pelosi killing.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 10:21:07 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #1568 on: April 20, 2020, 10:20:06 pm »
https://www.energy.gov/articles/doe-announces-crude-oil-storage-contracts-help-alleviate-us-oil-industry-storage-crunch

The awards under negotiation are for approximately 23 million barrels of crude oil storage, which will be distributed into all four SPR sites. Most of these deliveries will be received in May and June 2020, with possible early deliveries in April. Awardees can schedule return of their oil through March 2021, minus a small amount of oil to cover the SPR’s cost of storage.

Actually it looks like there ain't much storage room left.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1569 on: April 20, 2020, 10:22:12 pm »
But was that money actually appropriated for the purchase?  Or was that just a solicitation that went nowhere?  I honestly do not know.

ETA:  I should read linked articles more often.  FTA:

That's the appropriation @txradioguy was talking about Pelosi killing.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1570 on: April 20, 2020, 10:23:11 pm »
https://www.energy.gov/articles/doe-announces-crude-oil-storage-contracts-help-alleviate-us-oil-industry-storage-crunch

Actually it looks like there ain't much storage room left.

Maybe not.  It's hard to tell from the press stories how much is actually in there.  That said, it seems the holding capacity is not very flexible.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1571 on: April 20, 2020, 10:24:29 pm »

That is the article from which I was quoting.  It's a solicitation, and moot if the money doesn't get appropriated by Congress.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #1572 on: April 20, 2020, 10:26:37 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1573 on: April 20, 2020, 10:27:25 pm »
That is the article from which I was quoting.  It's a solicitation, and moot if the money doesn't get appropriated by Congress.
They look a lot alike, but the one I linked was from March 19, the one you linked from April 14. The April 14 is for proposals for storage (temporary), not a purchase by the US. Storage is done on a temporary basis, with the oil company able to pull that oil out (minus a cut the US gets for storing it).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 10:28:52 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1574 on: April 20, 2020, 10:38:03 pm »
True.  In fact, Congress would prefer to buy the oil at the highest possible price, to benefit Pelosi's "rich oil friends."  She has more of those than either Bush.

Let's not forget too that back when Billy Jeff was perving in the Oval Office they sold off parts of the SPR in California to Occidental Oil...a company that Algore had $500K worth of stock in at the time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!