Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159303 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1525 on: April 20, 2020, 05:16:14 pm »
I wish that's what they are doing, but I doubt it very much.  Ankle monitors are expensive.

What about those neck rings they used in the Running Man?  If you stray too far from base, the ring explodes, blowing off your head.  Can't think of a more effective incentive. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1526 on: April 20, 2020, 05:22:22 pm »
I can tell you the Rat Sheriffs of LA and Maricopa (Phoenix) Counties are not doing that.  I don't think there are even bonds involved.

Not surprising, unfortunately.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1527 on: April 20, 2020, 05:22:28 pm »
Helms: North Dakota's oil and gas industry has shut in at least 260,000 barrels of oil production
https://www.willistonherald.com/news/coronavirus/helms-north-dakotas-oil-and-gas-industry-has-shut-in-at-least-260-000-barrels/article_a8d3e4de-7e9b-11ea-8dbe-1ffaaf1e8312.html

Bakken regulator talks latest pandemic developments: 4,600 oil wells idled, new tank farms on horizon
https://bismarcktribune.com/bakken/bakken-regulator-talks-latest-pandemic-developments-4-600-oil-wells-idled-new-tank-farms-on/article_c9d06c8e-36ae-50fd-b34d-1b0f5b7b8561.html
WTI $4....You'd basically be paying them to haul it off today.  FREE GASOLINE EVERYONE! @Smokin Joe

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1528 on: April 20, 2020, 05:24:26 pm »
WTI $4....You'd basically be paying them to haul it off today.  FREE GASOLINE EVERYONE! @Smokin Joe
Maybe a BOGO...gotta pay to run the pumps and for the driver to deliver it. **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1529 on: April 20, 2020, 05:24:44 pm »
He was the smart mouthed guy who hijacked the truck, knee capped the driver, called Danny "Defective," and then came back and rode with Danny to find a criminal (kept playing Candy Crush on his phone).

We just watched those!  (Fresh in my memory!  happy77).

ETA- Season 8 episode 10 - character's name was Victor Lugo.
  Hmm....don't remember him.  I must not be to the newer ones yet.  Danny's wife is sill alive on the one's I'm watching.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1530 on: April 20, 2020, 05:25:51 pm »
  Hmm....don't remember him.  I must not be to the newer ones yet.  Danny's wife is sill alive on the one's I'm watching.

He's a notable character.  Once you've seen him, you'll remember him.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1531 on: April 20, 2020, 05:27:57 pm »

Plastics manufacturers are ecstatic.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1532 on: April 20, 2020, 05:33:31 pm »
Plastics manufacturers are ecstatic.
WTI now $2.70.  Brent is $26....so it's a contract thing.  Noone wants it...amazing.  Surely someone has a backyard pool they need filled...   happy77
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:35:59 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1533 on: April 20, 2020, 05:47:02 pm »
Will that be the next shortage?

How about pre-emptively amputating one leg, to hobble them?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1534 on: April 20, 2020, 05:47:14 pm »
Will that be the next shortage?

Naw.  The bureaucrats will just ignore the risk and forego the bracelets, before they ever let it be known in such a concrete way what they are doing to society by turning criminals loose, and jailing the (used to be) "free."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1535 on: April 20, 2020, 05:49:21 pm »
How about pre-emptively amputating one leg, to hobble them?

Too Islamic.  Bring these back, much cheaper:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1536 on: April 20, 2020, 05:49:38 pm »
WTI now $2.70.  Brent is $26....so it's a contract thing.  Noone wants it...amazing.  Surely someone has a backyard pool they need filled...   happy77

How are natural gas prices going?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1537 on: April 20, 2020, 05:50:50 pm »
How are natural gas prices going?
$1.86

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1538 on: April 20, 2020, 06:06:50 pm »
ND light sweet showing at $9.04

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1539 on: April 20, 2020, 06:08:03 pm »
ND light sweet showing at $9.04
WTI .90  No one wants to take delivery.  This is historic.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:08:52 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1540 on: April 20, 2020, 06:08:22 pm »
$1.86

That is up ten cents.  Just want to make sure California liberals aren't benefiting off of this.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1541 on: April 20, 2020, 06:20:10 pm »
WTI is now trading at -7 bucks!  It's  in negative territory!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1542 on: April 20, 2020, 06:23:43 pm »
WTI is now trading at -7 bucks!  It's  in negative territory!
Get paid to fill the SPR!

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1543 on: April 20, 2020, 06:47:19 pm »
Get paid to fill the SPR!
-$35.00 WTI

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1544 on: April 20, 2020, 06:49:44 pm »
I'm hearing people talking about "filling the SPR," but is there capacity for this?  How full are they already?  And...are there new salt domes and such being used?
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1545 on: April 20, 2020, 06:51:25 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1547 on: April 20, 2020, 07:09:43 pm »
I'm hearing people talking about "filling the SPR," but is there capacity for this?  How full are they already?  And...are there new salt domes and such being used?

Yes there is capacity and it does need to be refilled. They tried to pass a bill to do that last month and...surprise...Pelosi killed it in the House.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1548 on: April 20, 2020, 07:49:23 pm »
-$35.00 WTI

-$38?

Commodity market glitch.  No oil company is going to give you $38/bbl and oil on delivery.  Insanity X 1000. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1549 on: April 20, 2020, 08:06:11 pm »
-$38?

Commodity market glitch.  No oil company is going to give you $38/bbl and oil on delivery.  Insanity X 1000.

There is something more complicated than the typical exchange of goods with money going on here.  It's a futures commodity market, and there are external forces at work like expiring contracts.

The worse thing a commodity futures trader could ever hear:  "Where do you want it delivered?"  That's a bitch if you have 15 tons of Oats.
I will NOT comply.