Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159323 times)

Online corbe

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1375 on: April 18, 2020, 07:46:18 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1376 on: April 18, 2020, 07:58:36 pm »
I formerly spent a couple of hours a day on cell phones out on wellsite, holding it next to the left side of my head. After the nickel-sized basal cell carcinoma was removed from the left side of my face, I have been using the speakerphone and sitting back...

weird

I have a landline. With an answering feature. And caller ID. The only reason I have it is that my wife says our kids need to be able to call 911. Facebook is faster than 911. It is a new phone. The last one we had got thrown out the backdoor and was killed by fire.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1377 on: April 18, 2020, 10:20:38 pm »
weird

I have a landline. With an answering feature. And caller ID. The only reason I have it is that my wife says our kids need to be able to call 911. Facebook is faster than 911. It is a new phone. The last one we had got thrown out the backdoor and was killed by fire.
We had landlines on the rigs for a while.. Two miles, sometimes more, sometimes less, of cable laid out to the nearest phone  pedestal, on the ground, cross country. That was okay until the cows got in the pasture and chewed the phone line up. Something about the insulation they could not resist...  I spent many hours out with a company hand walking the line looking for breaks.

Cell phones were mo better, and with a Yagi, you could hit towers 20+miles away with an old bag phone. When everything went digital, you had to get a booster/repeater and set that up. Last setup I had cost me about a grand...plus the phone. Now, the towers are everywhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1378 on: April 18, 2020, 11:09:12 pm »
We had landlines on the rigs for a while.. Two miles, sometimes more, sometimes less, of cable laid out to the nearest phone  pedestal, on the ground, cross country. That was okay until the cows got in the pasture and chewed the phone line up. Something about the insulation they could not resist...  I spent many hours out with a company hand walking the line looking for breaks.

Cell phones were mo better, and with a Yagi, you could hit towers 20+miles away with an old bag phone. When everything went digital, you had to get a booster/repeater and set that up. Last setup I had cost me about a grand...plus the phone. Now, the towers are everywhere.

uh huh

The digital age changed me. 

NOT one effing byte.

Yeah, I get to tell you this, straight to your face, digitdigit.

But I never have had the need to say anything to you that meant anything because you already knew.

I will give the tech this. I live in North Dakota. And you live in Idaho.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1379 on: April 18, 2020, 11:35:11 pm »
American Academy of Orthopedic Physicians - We are in This Together

Great message from the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.

This is NOT like anything else our medical community has faced.

THESE are the people we need to listen to.  THESE are the people who actually know what they're talking about and what is going on.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1380 on: April 19, 2020, 12:09:33 am »
uh huh

The digital age changed me. 

NOT one effing byte.

Yeah, I get to tell you this, straight to your face, digitdigit.

But I never have had the need to say anything to you that meant anything because you already knew.

I will give the tech this. I live in North Dakota. And you live in Idaho.
For a while it seemed like every other license plate over here was an Idaho plate...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1381 on: April 19, 2020, 12:22:39 am »
For a while it seemed like every other license plate over here was an Idaho plate...

Those were just the missionaries.

Gotta do a test run. For all we know you would Soiux us.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1382 on: April 19, 2020, 12:27:30 am »
Those were just the missionaries.

Gotta do a test run. For all we know you would Soiux us.
Nothing so drastic. The police even let them keep them on their vehicles, so long as they put them on upside down (So the cops wouldn't get a crick in their neck trying to read them when they found the pickup in the ditch).

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1383 on: April 19, 2020, 12:30:05 am »
American Academy of Orthopedic Physicians - We are in This Together

THESE are the people we need to listen to.  THESE are the people who actually know what they're talking about and what is going on.

Thank you for the post--INFO.

Personally, the only people I listen to is one of me. I mean one of you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1384 on: April 19, 2020, 12:34:22 am »
Nothing so drastic. The police even let them keep them on their vehicles, so long as they put them on upside down (So the cops wouldn't get a crick in their neck trying to read them when they found the pickup in the ditch).

Funny. Hey all of ya all ever seen a North Dakota license plate?

Neither have they...hahahaha

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1385 on: April 19, 2020, 12:38:52 am »
Funny. Hey all of ya all ever seen a North Dakota license plate?

Neither have they...hahahaha
Provided for reference purposes:

:laugh: (That's what they look like without any mud on them)

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1386 on: April 19, 2020, 12:39:58 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b59hL91k1UMAmerican Academy of Orthopedic Physicians - We are in This Together[/url]

Thank you for posting that @musiclady .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:41:21 am by Once-Ler »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1387 on: April 19, 2020, 12:51:46 am »
Provided for reference purposes:

:laugh: (That's what they look like without any mud on them)

HAhaha 

I got one of those in my last Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes entry forms.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1388 on: April 19, 2020, 12:56:03 am »
HAhaha 

I got one of those in my last Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes entry forms.
Did it say" SAMPLE"?

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1389 on: April 19, 2020, 01:09:14 am »
Did it say" SAMPLE"?

Yes. It did.  And I thought how cool is that? North Dakota adopted race/gender/income inequality in one word.

SAME PEOPLE. SAMPLE

And proudly displays it in every bulk junk mailing they can.

Offline DB

« Reply #1390 on: April 19, 2020, 01:17:50 am »
An update on my niece. She's seems to be recovering.

Thank you for all the prayers and kind thoughts. It was/is appreciated.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1391 on: April 19, 2020, 01:27:38 am »

That's top notch, @DB!   :0001: :0001: :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #1392 on: April 19, 2020, 01:43:00 am »

99balloon

Thanx @DB  for letting us know, and letting us help.  Honestly, it was one of the few things I did last week that I thought was worth doing, in and of itself.  Without getting in trouble for expounding the generally accepted restorative powers of prayer, as I'm sure you know, it restores me too.  I'm very happy your niece is well.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1393 on: April 19, 2020, 02:14:37 am »
04-19-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.856 ↓  3.344 ↓
United States  1.750 ↑ 10.822 ↓
China 16.630 ↓  1.074 ↑

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 179,009
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 22.3 %  ↑
Recovery Rate after 21 days - 67.4 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Zero new deaths reported in China.  However, reported recoveries in China fell by over 900.  Their propaganda statisticians are doing a poor job.

Situation looking better in the US today.  New cases down.  Deaths down.  Recoveries up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1394 on: April 19, 2020, 02:18:06 am »
Oddly enough.

What did it take for us to become  "energy" efficient? @Smokin Joe  @thackney  @IsailedawayfromFR  @catfish1957  @Hoodat

High energy prices.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1395 on: April 19, 2020, 02:20:04 am »
Situation looking better in the US today.  New cases down.  Deaths down.  Recoveries up.
Wonderful news, thanx for the timely updates @Hoodat

« Reply #1396 on: April 19, 2020, 02:25:59 am »
High energy prices.
Fracking technology, and seed money to develop electric cars.  Plus loosened restrictions on clean coal.  A plausible argument could be made on threats of oil tariffs but I'm not factually equipped to make that argument.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1397 on: April 19, 2020, 02:32:17 am »
Fracking technology, and seed money to develop electric cars.  Plus loosened restrictions on clean coal.  A plausible argument could be made on threats of oil tariffs but I'm not factually equipped to make that argument.

It's easier to be "energy independent when nobody can drive anywhere.  So, it's an ill wind that blows no good. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #1398 on: April 19, 2020, 02:54:38 am »
It's easier to be "energy independent when nobody can drive anywhere.  So, it's an ill wind that blows no good.
Oddly vague for you my friend.  Are you disagreeing with my comment @Cyber Liberty ?  Feel free, I'm no energy expert.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1399 on: April 19, 2020, 03:00:15 am »
Oddly vague for you my friend.  Are you disagreeing with my comment @Cyber Liberty ?  Feel free, I'm no energy expert.

I think your comment was fine.  I'm not an expert in that field, either.   22chief
I will NOT comply.