Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159329 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1300 on: April 17, 2020, 03:23:46 pm »
And I remember as a kid I was like 16, I remember they told me – warn me they said ‘hey you got to be careful with that LSD on the count of you can get a flashback. 10 years could go by; 20 years, 30 years and a flashback will happen, so I thought ‘hey, that seems like a good deal.’ You tell me, I buy a drug for $5, I eat it, I get high and then 20 years later I get high again.

-Norm Macdonald

@Once-Ler

That was my exact thinking as well.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1301 on: April 17, 2020, 03:24:58 pm »
@musiclady

HEY! Cut the dictators that own China some slack! After all,they already own China and everyone and everything in China,so they have nothing to spend the trillions on that they pull in from America,thanks primarily to the Bush and the Clinton Crime Families.

Can you imagine the horrors of having trillions in cash,and nothing to buy with it?

Have you no mercy? Where is your humanity? </S>
You speak the truth....  I've been having it out with a sibling about China.  They seem to think that China can do no wrong.  They entertain Chinese "students" who come into our country to study at a well known university.  They study anything from business to engineering.  The group of them live together with a "minder", who is a loyal communist party person, to make sure they don't stray.  I find the entire setup disgusting.  Students from the USA should have these slots and not foreigners...especially Chinese.  And of course I get this from my sibling.....the virus didn't come from the Wuhan lab, it was just an accident in the food market....and even if it did...there is no way to prove it.  They don't call Austin weird for nothing.....lol.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1302 on: April 17, 2020, 03:35:02 pm »
And of course I get this from my sibling.....the virus didn't come from the Wuhan lab, it was just an accident in the food market....and even if it did...there is no way to prove it.

This is the thing about liberal 'reasoning' [sic] that bugs the heck out of me.  What this person is saying is that truth doesn't matter.  It's like having all their premises suspended in the air connected together with springs.  When you disprove (i.e. remove) a premise, the force of the springs readjusts the positions of the remaining premises until it reaches a new equilibrium.  At no point is this person's belief changed.  Only their reasoning [sic] for it.

In the example above, let's say there is a way to prove, and that it was proved the virus came from the Wuhan lab.  The springs would adjust, new premises would be invented, and the new argument would be "Yes, it came from the Wuhan lab.  But that's not China's fault."
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1303 on: April 17, 2020, 03:37:10 pm »
From a University of Maryland doctor via Twitter:
Faheem Younus, MD  @FaheemYounus
1h

We are fighting COVID
~30 patients received SOME of the following experimental treatments. 0 deaths!
Hydroxychloroquine
Lovenox - prevent clots
Remdesivir - treat PNA
Tocilizumab - treat cytokine storm
HFNC/proning - prevent ventilation
Plasma

Possibilities attached

9:47 AM · Apr 17, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1304 on: April 17, 2020, 03:39:02 pm »
Makes a guy wonder what would happen if all the dictators there got sick and died....

How would the Chinese react to being free?

@Smokin Joe

Total chaos. The Chinese,in all the history of China,have NEVER been free. They have always been subjects.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1305 on: April 17, 2020, 03:42:14 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Total chaos. The Chinese,in all the history of China,have NEVER been free. They have always been subjects.
True, I guess. Even under Chiang, it was pretty much a warlord and the peasants...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1306 on: April 17, 2020, 03:47:50 pm »
You speak the truth....  I've been having it out with a sibling about China.  They seem to think that China can do no wrong.  They entertain Chinese "students" who come into our country to study at a well known university.  They study anything from business to engineering.  The group of them live together with a "minder", who is a loyal communist party person, to make sure they don't stray.  I find the entire setup disgusting.  Students from the USA should have these slots and not foreigners...especially Chinese.  And of course I get this from my sibling.....the virus didn't come from the Wuhan lab, it was just an accident in the food market....and even if it did...there is no way to prove it.  They don't call Austin weird for nothing.....lol.

@mrpotatohead

Those "students" are in reality Officers in the Chinese "Peoples Liberation Army",and their assignment is to "mine" US industries and schools for trade secrets,blueprints,formulas,etc,etc,etc,that they can steal and take back to China for the Chinese to use to create their own production for their military to use,or to make cheap Chinese duplicates to flood the American market with to put Americans out of work.

The "group leader" is actually the senior officer,and his job is to monitor and command the junior officers under his command.

Make no mistake about it,this is nothing less than economic warfare.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 03:48:36 pm by sneakypete »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1307 on: April 17, 2020, 03:56:51 pm »
@mrpotatohead

Those "students" are in reality Officers in the Chinese "Peoples Liberation Army",and their assignment is to "mine" US industries and schools for trade secrets,blueprints,formulas,etc,etc,etc,that they can steal and take back to China for the Chinese to use to create their own production for their military to use,or to make cheap Chinese duplicates to flood the American market with to put Americans out of work.

The "group leader" is actually the senior officer,and his job is to monitor and command the junior officers under his command.

Make no mistake about it,this is nothing less than economic warfare.

@sneakypete , here's a blast from the past for you:

EMPLOYEE'S BODY IS FOUND IN COMMERCE DEPT. OFFICE

Barbara Wise worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang.  Huang of course was the Chicom agent who worked his way into the Commerce Dept, and then copied and faxed massive quantities of classified documents from the US Patent Office to the Chicoms.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1308 on: April 17, 2020, 04:00:45 pm »

Barbara Wise worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang.  Huang of course was the Chicom agent who worked his way into the Commerce Dept, and then copied and faxed massive quantities of classified documents from the US Patent Office to the Chicoms.

@Hoodat

I saw this personally when I was a letter carrier with the USPS. The Chinese students in this country were continually mailing back huge packages with manuals and blueprints back home to China. I notified the Postal Inspectors,and they told me it was legal,and there was nothing they could do about it.

Industrial espionage is "legal". Who knew?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1309 on: April 17, 2020, 04:29:09 pm »
https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/not-like-the-flu-not-like-car-crashes-not-like

ow deadly is Covid-19 compared to seasonal flu, past pandemics, or car crashes?

To offer context, we have produced two charts showing coronavirus deaths along with deaths from other common causes in the past to which the disease has recently been compared. One chart shows deaths for the United States, the other for New York, the state hardest hit.

Note that the data sets begin at different points in the year (as marked on the left). Also note that the figures shown here are for new deaths each week, not for cumulative deaths.

more at link

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1310 on: April 17, 2020, 04:39:15 pm »

Was that before or after Ron Brown's plane crashed on a sunny day (and he had that .45 caliber hole in his head).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1311 on: April 17, 2020, 04:45:12 pm »
https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/not-like-the-flu-not-like-car-crashes-not-like

ow deadly is Covid-19 compared to seasonal flu, past pandemics, or car crashes?

To offer context, we have produced two charts showing coronavirus deaths along with deaths from other common causes in the past to which the disease has recently been compared. One chart shows deaths for the United States, the other for New York, the state hardest hit.

Note that the data sets begin at different points in the year (as marked on the left). Also note that the figures shown here are for new deaths each week, not for cumulative deaths.

more at link
Oh look! The virus has it's very own hockey stick!

Now, measure the area under the curve.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1312 on: April 17, 2020, 05:09:45 pm »
https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-alerted-israel-nato-to-disease-outbreak-in-china-in-november-report/

US alerted Israel, NATO to disease outbreak in China in November — TV report

White House was reportedly not interested in the intel, but it was passed onto NATO, IDF; when it reached Israel’s Health Ministry, ‘nothing was done’

US intelligence agencies alerted Israel to the coronavirus outbreak in China already in November, Israeli television reported Thursday.

According to Channel 12 news, the US intelligence community became aware of the emerging disease in Wuhan in the second week of that month and drew up a classified document.

Information on the disease outbreak was not in the public domain at that stage — and was known only apparently to the Chinese government.

US intelligence informed the Trump administration, “which did not deem it of interest,” but the report said the Americans also decided to update two allies with the classified document: NATO and Israel, specifically the IDF.

The network said Israeli military officials later in November discussed the possibility of the spread of the virus to the region and how it would affect Israel and neighboring countries.

The intelligence also reached Israel’s decision makers and the Health Ministry, where “nothing was done,” according to the report.

more at link

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1313 on: April 17, 2020, 05:50:10 pm »
https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-alerted-israel-nato-to-disease-outbreak-in-china-in-november-report/

US alerted Israel, NATO to disease outbreak in China in November — TV report

White House was reportedly not interested in the intel, but it was passed onto NATO, IDF; when it reached Israel’s Health Ministry, ‘nothing was done’

more at link
I wonder if that's the same US intelligence that spent all that time ginning up stuff to feed the FBI (even though they don't do domestic work) to try to impeach the President.

What did who know and when did they know it, and why was it not brought to the POTUS' attention by the Intel agencies and the CDC< and all the people whose job it is to make damned sure the message gets through?

Besides, if it was in November, then the whole "wet market" fairy tale falls flat on it's keester.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1314 on: April 17, 2020, 06:02:33 pm »
Oh look! The virus has it's very own hockey stick!

Now, measure the area under the curve.

I’d like to know the criteria used to attribute Corona deaths to the actual virus. We know different reporting bodies have gotten very creative.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 06:03:31 pm by skeeter »

« Reply #1315 on: April 17, 2020, 07:40:28 pm »
I wonder if that's the same US intelligence that spent all that time ginning up stuff to feed the FBI (even though they don't do domestic work) to try to impeach the President.

What did who know and when did they know it, and why was it not brought to the POTUS' attention by the Intel agencies and the CDC< and all the people whose job it is to make damned sure the message gets through?

I think someone should be asking Peter Navarro this.

« Reply #1316 on: April 17, 2020, 07:52:40 pm »
Written by Bill O'Reilly
That simple thoughtful gesture saved me a lot of reading.  Thank you.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #1317 on: April 17, 2020, 07:57:59 pm »
@mrpotatohead   Can you provide a link to the O'Reilly piece and please excerpt it? Thanks.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1318 on: April 17, 2020, 07:59:33 pm »
Written by: Bill O'Reilly

He's as right as rain!  Thanks for posting @mrpotatohead.  Do you by chance have a link?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1319 on: April 17, 2020, 08:07:14 pm »
Here's a link.  Can't find the original.  May be fake.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/theerant/bill-o-reilly-on-wuhan-virus-t104979.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:09:29 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #1320 on: April 17, 2020, 08:08:09 pm »
I'm not sure Trump will do anything to China.  He keeps talking about how great China is, which is NOT what I would be saying right now.

It does not matter if the release of the virus from the lab in Wuhan was intentional or unintentional, China is responsible.  With that said, they should pay for the lion's share of cost for this outbreak.

I would like to see the end of trade with China.  I do not mind paying more for products, and the fact is, I have been boycotting China products froM the day it was discovered they were putting poison in their baby formula.  Notably, dog products are largely from China and India, but I look for USA only.  I will not subject my dog to eating anything from those two countries.  And the same for other products, and I have noticed Made in the USA does not mean COST MORE.  Most USA products are comparable and at times cheaper.

SO, I BUY PRODUCTS MADE IN THE USA FIRST, AND THEN MADE ANYWHERE ELSE BUT CHINA SECOND.  BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS!!!   F*&^ CHINA!!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:09:12 pm by jafo2010 »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1321 on: April 17, 2020, 08:10:53 pm »
This is what O'Reilly wrote on April 12 from his website:

There is a wall of doom being erected in America.  The media is building it by sensationalizing coverage of the pandemic, instead of providing facts and honest context to people who desperately need it.

Here are some recent headlines found on the net.

- Economic Devastation Looms

- Record Bankruptcies Predicted

- Pandemic Will Cleve Nation in Two

- Broke Americans Consider Selling Blood

- Czech Nudists Told to Wear Face Masks

Only the last story was based on a factual occurrence.  The others used speculative opinion throughout the articles.

While it is certainly true that the press has always used flaming leads, this time there is a dark reason to do it.  The deadly virus spreads quickly and without warning.  That creates mass fear.  And fear creates opportunity.

There are Americans, including some media chieftains, who believe four more years of President Trump is actually worse for the country than the contagion.  So while the virus is amongst us, it should be used to damage the President as much as possible.

Therefore, doom is a much better context than hope.  Any positive development is scrutinized while negative occurrences are quickly gathered and spotlighted.  You cannot build a wall of doom upon a foundation of better times ahead.

The primary construction crew of the horror wall is the usual far-left apparatus that also sees a chance to damage the capitalist system. Thus, a spate of reports on how much Americans will suffer economically even after the virus abates.

We saw this when Bernie Sanders demanded the federal government pay every workers full salary throughout the pandemic. That, of course, would collapse the US dollar as the Treasury Department would have to print trillions in paper currency to meet the obligation.

But that’s what Sanders, George Soros, and elements at The New York Times, want - economic and societal chaos.  So a new “world order” can be built based on Marxist redistribution principles.

With that in play, let’s welcome in the Thunder Doom spectacle.  It is here for all to see.  And please note exactly who is putting bricks in that wall.

They are not looking out for you.

https://www.billoreilly.com/b/The-Strategy/431809981594190092.html

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1322 on: April 17, 2020, 08:19:00 pm »
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/493359-matterhorn-in-swiss-alps-lit-up-with-american-flag-in-show-of

The famous Matterhorn mountain in the Swiss Alps was illuminated with an American flag this week in a show of solidarity for the U.S. during the coronavirus pandemic.

Light artist Gerry Hoffstetter projected the flag onto the 14,692 foot peak on Thursday as part of a nightly series supporting those combating COVID-19.

"Our thoughts are with all American people at this unprecedented time. We look forward to meeting again at the foot of the Matterhorn, we are all in this together," the tourism organization Zermatt Matterhorn wrote on its Facebook page.

more at link

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1324 on: April 17, 2020, 08:21:16 pm »
"Our thoughts are with all American people at this unprecedented time. We look forward to meeting again at the foot of the Matterhorn, we are all in this together," the tourism organization Zermatt Matterhorn wrote on its Facebook page.
That's nice. I'm hoping to visit the Matterhorn next year and will hoist a Cardinal lager in their honor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org