Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159323 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1275 on: April 17, 2020, 02:14:47 am »
@roamer_1 @bigheadfred

We'll leave the light on.

@DB  your light is on. So are ours.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #1276 on: April 17, 2020, 02:15:44 am »
Dark Side of the Moon...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1277 on: April 17, 2020, 02:16:40 am »
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

PF

Careful with that axe, Eugene.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #1278 on: April 17, 2020, 02:19:29 am »
Tom was a mass producer.

Sure he was one of the Top Three, his input here will be surely missed, also in content, not just posted Topics. 
    Maybe we can all pick up some of the slack, it's not Rocket Surgery, ya know /JS :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1279 on: April 17, 2020, 02:39:02 am »
    Sure he was one of the Top Three, his input here will be surely missed, also in content, not just posted Topics. 
    Maybe we can all pick up some of the slack, it's not Rocket Surgery, ya know /JS :beer:

There is so many other factors at play here.

How many volcanoes recently erupted in Indonesia?

How far has the tech evolved with the apps being contrived by Apple and Google that track you with SOUND?

They have a vaccine against covid.

They have effective treatments against covid.

They have a cure for cancer.

Why do we need a Space Force?

Watch the earth changes.

You are all beings of resonance and frequency.

They have proven cosmic waves etal can change a one to a zero.

You computer nerds otta be able to code that.

There is a cure against Mad cow disease.

They used to call it common sense.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1281 on: April 17, 2020, 02:59:09 am »
Smithfield Foods Becomes Largest Coronavirus Hotbed In United States, South Dakota Governor Yet To Mandate Stay Home Order

Forbes by Alexandra Sternlicht 4/16/2020

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/04/16/smithfield-foods-becomes-largest-coronavirus-hotbed-in-united-states-south-dakota-governor-yet-to-mandate-stay-home-order/#6c6f624b2143

Smithfield Foods’ meat processing plant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, has become the largest coronavirus hotbed in the United States with about 735 associate cases, while Gov. Kristi Noem has yet to issue a stay-at-home order.

Nearly 600 employees and 135 close contacts of now-closed the pork processing plant have tested positive for coronavirus, according to Argus Leader, making it the largest coronavirus hotspot in the United States, surpassing the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt and Cook County Jail in Chicago.

Smithfield Foods employee Augustin Rodriguez, 64, became the first coronavirus fatality from the plant’s outbreak when he died Tuesday morning, according to the Argus Leader, which reported that Rodriguez continued working at the plant after he began to have symptoms of COVID-19; he was hospitalized on April 4.

Smithfield Foods, owned by Hong Kong-based WH Group, is the largest pork processor in the world—and in addition to its Sioux Fall plant, Smithfield facilities in Cudahy, Wisconsin, Martin City, Missouri, and Arnold, Pennsylvania, have closed after employees at these locations tested positive for coronavirus.

More at link.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1282 on: April 17, 2020, 03:01:15 am »
Smithfield Foods Becomes Largest Coronavirus Hotbed In United States, South Dakota Governor Yet To Mandate Stay Home Order

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/04/16/smithfield-foods-becomes-largest-coronavirus-hotbed-in-united-states-south-dakota-governor-yet-to-mandate-stay-home-order/#6c6f624b2143

Yikes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #1283 on: April 17, 2020, 03:08:35 am »
Someone asked if anyone here had COVID19.

It is both my belief and my wife's that we had COVID19 back in early January.  We were both sicker than either of us have ever been.  I am 66 and she at the time was 46.

My wife is a physician/CDC, and she keeps a small drugstore.  She was the first to get sick, and I followed, presumably getting it from her.  She knew something was unusual from the get-go.  We started taking antibiotics, Tamiflu, and mega doses of Vitamin C.

In addition, I believe 100% that Chartreuse Green is medicinal.  It is a liquor, made by French monks from 140 herbs, and since about 1983, I discovered that when I am becoming symptomatic, I always take a drink of Chartreuse before going to bed.  4 out of 5 times, I awaken symptom free.  Through the years, my wife has also become a believer, and she is not into alcohol.  So, perhaps Chartreuse helped as well.

In any case, we were both very sick, staying in bed fighting this.  After the fever abated, we were both weak for a long period.  It took quite a while for me to recover.  Not sure if we had the weaker version or the harsher version, but neither of us want it again.

If our government healthcare folks were doing their job, we would have had an antibody test to verify if we had the virus.  Someone is dropping the ball big time, and I can only figure too many of them are anti Trumpers, dragging their feet to make Trump look bad.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1284 on: April 17, 2020, 03:21:25 am »
My daughter finally feels like she has fully recovered. She heard today of an antibody blood test that's available and she plans on getting tested.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1285 on: April 17, 2020, 03:23:09 am »
   Are we taking about the same person here @bigheadfred ~ TomC was a great contributer here, but personaly I'll miss @roamer_1 more.

@corbe   @bigheadfred

I didn't agree with either on a number of issues,but if I only wanted to argue with myself I wouldn't need a computer.

You/me/none of us will ever learn anything new unless there is someone to occasionally tell us we are wrong,and why we are wrong. THAT we can argue with. Silence on their part makes debate impossible,and silence on OUR part means they must be right because we have no counter argument.

Don't go,Fred.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 03:24:24 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1286 on: April 17, 2020, 03:27:04 am »
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

PF
@Hoodat

Discovering Pink Floyd was like having a religious experience.

Blues from the 25th Century.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1287 on: April 17, 2020, 03:43:15 am »
@Hoodat

Discovering Pink Floyd was like having a religious experience.

Blues from the 25th Century.
And I remember as a kid I was like 16, I remember they told me – warn me they said ‘hey you got to be careful with that LSD on the count of you can get a flashback. 10 years could go by; 20 years, 30 years and a flashback will happen, so I thought ‘hey, that seems like a good deal.’ You tell me, I buy a drug for $5, I eat it, I get high and then 20 years later I get high again.

I like to stretch my drug dollar as much as the next guy, but that’s not the point.  The point is this. 10 years have past, 20 years have past, 30 years have past and no flashbacks, what a gip that turned out to be, just more horse sh!t by the big acid companies, that’s all it is.

-Norm Macdonald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1288 on: April 17, 2020, 03:54:18 am »
And I remember as a kid I was like 16, I remember they told me – warn me they said ‘hey you got to be careful with that LSD on the count of you can get a flashback. 10 years could go by; 20 years, 30 years and a flashback will happen, so I thought ‘hey, that seems like a good deal.’ You tell me, I buy a drug for $5, I eat it, I get high and then 20 years later I get high again.

I like to stretch my drug dollar as much as the next guy, but that’s not the point.  The point is this. 10 years have past, 20 years have past, 30 years have past and no flashbacks, what a gip that turned out to be, just more horse sh!t by the big acid companies, that’s all it is.

-Norm Macdonald

Shoulda been Leary of claims like that...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1289 on: April 17, 2020, 05:34:06 am »

-Norm Macdonald

@Once-Ler

As usual,I am with Norm.

All these years later I am still feeling SORTA cheated,and I am still waiting for my freebie trips.

Can't really complain too much because I did have some mighty wonderful experiences.

BUT.....,like all really good things,there comes a time when you either gotta quit,or turn pro. I decided to quit.

Granted,it took me losing several months without a single clue as to where I had been or what I had been doing,but washing it down with white whiskey in gallon milk jugs might have contributed some of the confusion.

Not that it matters. For reasons I will never understand,I suddenly became stone-cold sober one day in an instant,and looked around me wondering about little thinks,like where I had been living,if I had a job,when I bought the car I was driving,etc,etc,etc.

Quitting was an EASY decision to make. If you can't remember what you have been doing,you surely haven't been having any fun,and having fun was the sole reason for taking drugs and drinking.

I can truthfully say I don't even miss it the way it was for me right before I quit because I had blacked out and had no freaking clue about what I had been doing.

Been sober ever since,and that "moment" happened some time in the late 70's.

Still,I would take a nice "freebie" if I could get it,and giggle like a school girl while it was happening. As I am sure some of you know,there are some things you just can't explain to people who have never "been there".
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 05:44:16 am by sneakypete »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1290 on: April 17, 2020, 05:37:45 am »
Shoulda been Leary of claims like that...
I saw what you did there.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1291 on: April 17, 2020, 11:27:10 am »
I saw what you did there.
It's nice to be appreciated. :beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1292 on: April 17, 2020, 12:55:24 pm »
May I jump in and ask if any Briefers have been stricken with COVID-19?

Someone asked if anyone here had COVID19.

It is both my belief and my wife's that we had COVID19 back in early January.  We were both sicker than either of us have ever been.  I am 66 and she at the time was 46.

My wife is a physician/CDC, and she keeps a small drugstore.  She was the first to get sick, and I followed, presumably getting it from her.  She knew something was unusual from the get-go.  We started taking antibiotics, Tamiflu, and mega doses of Vitamin C.

In addition, I believe 100% that Chartreuse Green is medicinal.  It is a liquor, made by French monks from 140 herbs, and since about 1983, I discovered that when I am becoming symptomatic, I always take a drink of Chartreuse before going to bed.  4 out of 5 times, I awaken symptom free.  Through the years, my wife has also become a believer, and she is not into alcohol.  So, perhaps Chartreuse helped as well.

In any case, we were both very sick, staying in bed fighting this.  After the fever abated, we were both weak for a long period.  It took quite a while for me to recover.  Not sure if we had the weaker version or the harsher version, but neither of us want it again.

If our government healthcare folks were doing their job, we would have had an antibody test to verify if we had the virus.  Someone is dropping the ball big time, and I can only figure too many of them are anti Trumpers, dragging their feet to make Trump look bad.

I have a similar story.

I became suspicious over the last few weeks that both my wife and I got covid one week apart in early February. She (working at a nursing home) was first to get sick with persistent symptoms, then me with less severe symptoms that lasted four or five weeks.

A couple of weeks ago several patients on the fifth floor (where ICU patients are treated) began dying. It must have freaked out everybody because they closed the floor and gutted it, stripped every fixture out and did a thorough decontamination.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1293 on: April 17, 2020, 01:09:17 pm »
Off topic but what is a Cat Mod?
@Gemmarose

To answer seriously, "category moderator." One of the levels of administration here on the site.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1294 on: April 17, 2020, 01:10:44 pm »

Smithfield, as a food processing facility, would have been exempt from the order anyway, so it wouldn't have done one bit of good.

But hey, let's stoke the groupthink mentality.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1295 on: April 17, 2020, 01:32:04 pm »
Smithfield, as a food processing facility, would have been exempt from the order anyway, so it wouldn't have done one bit of good.

Here, let's throw some gasoline on that fire.
On May 29, 2013, WH Group, then known as Shuanghui Group or Shineway Group, the largest meat producer in China, announced the purchase of Smithfield Foods for $4.72 billion, a sale first suggested in 2009.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1296 on: April 17, 2020, 01:37:35 pm »
Here, let's throw some gasoline on that fire.
On May 29, 2013, WH Group, then known as Shuanghui Group or Shineway Group, the largest meat producer in China, announced the purchase of Smithfield Foods for $4.72 billion, a sale first suggested in 2009.

:yowsa: I pointed out this fact a couple of days ago on a related thread.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,398258.msg2189796.html#msg2189796
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1297 on: April 17, 2020, 02:26:08 pm »

The headline may be misleading, but the story is disturbing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1298 on: April 17, 2020, 03:00:55 pm »
The headline may be misleading, but the story is disturbing.

@musiclady

HEY! Cut the dictators that own China some slack! After all,they already own China and everyone and everything in China,so they have nothing to spend the trillions on that they pull in from America,thanks primarily to the Bush and the Clinton Crime Families.

Can you imagine the horrors of having trillions in cash,and nothing to buy with it?

Have you no mercy? Where is your humanity? </S>

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1299 on: April 17, 2020, 03:20:49 pm »
@musiclady

HEY! Cut the dictators that own China some slack! After all,they already own China and everyone and everything in China,so they have nothing to spend the trillions on that they pull in from America,thanks primarily to the Bush and the Clinton Crime Families.

Can you imagine the horrors of having trillions in cash,and nothing to buy with it?

Have you no mercy? Where is your humanity? </S>

Makes a guy wonder what would happen if all the dictators there got sick and died....

How would the Chinese react to being free?

C S Lewis