Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159273 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1150 on: April 16, 2020, 02:41:45 pm »
@txradioguy

It's also where the alleged "far right" and the far left meet and swap spit. Get out on the extremes,and it's damn hard to tell them apart.

Exactly!  I've believed the same thing for years. Go far enough either way and you'll find people meeting in the middle.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1151 on: April 16, 2020, 02:44:27 pm »
lol  :silly:

@Once-Ler @mystery-ak

I like that Once-Ler is still so child-like he thinks it has peaked.

Next step is "adjusting" the scale and telling yourself you are losing weight.

Don't ask me how I know this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1152 on: April 16, 2020, 02:45:23 pm »
You may not like a truth,but that doesn't make it an untruth. Chances are MORE than 16 people a day die in car accidents. Frankly,I'd be surprised if that true number wasn't in the triple digits.

Also,dead is dead. Nobody is any deader from an infection than someone dead from a car accident.

Car accidents are actually down, thanks to our State government shutdown of the private sector economy.  Think of all the lives that we could save if we keep people locked up in their homes for the next five years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1153 on: April 16, 2020, 02:48:15 pm »
Car accidents are actually down, thanks to our State government shutdown of the private sector economy.  Think of all the lives that we could save if we keep people locked up in their homes for the next five years.

@Hoodat

Un,huh. Do the words "mass murder/suicide" ring any bells?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1154 on: April 16, 2020, 02:50:15 pm »
Nah. Five years? they'd just get fat and fall down the stairs, and homicides would spike.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1155 on: April 16, 2020, 03:01:48 pm »
Trump mentioned yesterday in his news conference that he has to weigh deaths from the virus and deaths from being quarantined inside.  Mental health issues, suicides, etc.  To be honest I hadn't really thought of that.  I did hear that alcohol use is up 50% since this has started.  I can't imagine the spousal abuse, child abuse, drug abuse, etc that is or will be happening.  This ship needs turned around NOW.  We need to WORK!  I used to have an office down the hall from our local alcohol/drug abuse counseling center.  They aren't even working currently, so help for clients is probably nonexistent. I can't imagine how many who were in recovery are now abusers again.....  This is going to be horrible.....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1156 on: April 16, 2020, 03:03:42 pm »
Trump mentioned yesterday in his news conference that he has to weigh deaths from the virus and deaths from being quarantined inside.  Mental health issues, suicides, etc.  To be honest I hadn't really thought of that.  I did hear that alcohol use is up 50% since this has started.  I can't imagine the spousal abuse, child abuse, drug abuse, etc that is or will be happening.  This ship needs turned around NOW.  We need to WORK!  I used to have an office down the hall from our local alcohol/drug abuse counseling center.  They aren't even working currently, so help for clients is probably nonexistent. I can't imagine how many who were in recovery are now abusers again.....  This is going to be horrible.....

I don't believe 'one-size-fits-all' took that into account.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1157 on: April 16, 2020, 03:04:20 pm »
This board has a notorious habit of running off its members. It's ridiculous that one of the board's moderators is engaging in doing the same.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

« Reply #1158 on: April 16, 2020, 03:04:27 pm »
   And now for something completely different.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1159 on: April 16, 2020, 03:13:22 pm »

We had to burn the village to save it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1160 on: April 16, 2020, 03:15:23 pm »
Go ahead and insult, at least, I'm not doing the original scam of trying to censor others and being a cry baby if my insults got deleted, (SPIT).;. but apparently some people who can't debate the issues but only mock others would cry censoring, when they've tried it plenty to begin with, hypocrites.

Yet, they have to cry all about censorship themselves and hurt the forum with their lies, that's not what it is about. What can you expect from folks that can't put any kind of debate together because they don't have one.

And that's 4 years waiting that with the remark above. So, I'll ignore  you too.
No, you have censored others, misrepresented their statements, and even shouted them down over abbreviations as common on the web as "http". You don't debate, but have bullied posters you don't agree with and often twist what they have said to disagree. You have hidden behind what power you have even as you have lied about what they have said. Go ahead, spit away. You've been frothing at the keyboard for days.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1161 on: April 16, 2020, 03:16:29 pm »
I don't believe 'one-size-fits-all' took that into account.

"One size fits all" never works, neither with Leotards nor regulations.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1162 on: April 16, 2020, 03:19:58 pm »
This board has a notorious habit of running off its members. It's ridiculous that one of the board's moderators is engaging in doing the same.

Groupthink über alles.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1163 on: April 16, 2020, 03:22:48 pm »
Groupthink über alles.
NFW d00d!

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #1164 on: April 16, 2020, 03:37:34 pm »

I respectfully disagree with that thought @jmyrlefuller
   Sure there are members here that decide for whatever reason that they have had enough of whatever brought them here in the first place, it's called Spiritual Growth. 
   I for one give the Owner, her Admins and her Mods credit for keeping this place going in spite of the rather diverse thoughts and emotions within us all. 

PS.  I'm not kissing butt for a Mod Job, I truly believe this.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1165 on: April 16, 2020, 04:02:05 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

Tom is no longer a Cat Mod...and is on a TO
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1166 on: April 16, 2020, 04:35:31 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Tom is no longer a Cat Mod...and is on a TO
Thank you.  :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1167 on: April 16, 2020, 05:01:59 pm »
Here is a breakdown of Georgia SARS-2 deaths:

Female - 42.1%

Underlying Conditions:
Yes    - 70.5%
No     -  3.4%
Unk    - 26.1%

Mean age - 72.3
Standard Deviation - 14.4

Percentage under Age 50 - 7.5%

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1168 on: April 16, 2020, 05:17:45 pm »
ND SARS-CoV-2 deaths
Age_Group   Total_Cases   Recovered   Deaths
50-59               45               18                 1
60-69               56               31                 1
70-79               24               10                 4
80+                  12                 2                 3

(no deaths under 50)
All had underlying medical conditions.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1169 on: April 16, 2020, 05:35:50 pm »
   I respectfully disagree with that thought @jmyrlefuller
   Sure there are members here that decide for whatever reason that they have had enough of whatever brought them here in the first place, it's called Spiritual Growth. 
   I for one give the Owner, her Admins and her Mods credit for keeping this place going in spite of the rather diverse thoughts and emotions within us all. 

PS.  I'm not kissing butt for a Mod Job, I truly believe this.

I agree.

Plus some folks just need some time off, and I can understand that particularly now since it's easy to spend a whole lotta time here!

There are a handful of posters who do the "groupthink" thing, and mock and belittle people who dare to differ with them, but the owner and mods keep that in check.

I will say it again.......... this is the most open Conservative forum out there, and I'm sure it will remain that way.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1170 on: April 16, 2020, 05:42:16 pm »
New York still on lockdown through... May 15. Yep.

What's another month??!  9999hair out0000

No, I'm not OK.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1171 on: April 16, 2020, 05:44:05 pm »
Thank you.  :laugh:

He took a lot of ridicule before he lost his cool, IMO.  It wasn't just disagreement.  It was mockery of him as a person.  Maybe the people who couldn't tolerate what he was posting should just put him on Ignore, or stay off the COVID-19 information threads.....

The Ignore feature is one of the best things about this forum, at least for me.  Not only does it save me from seeing the snarky, nasty things a person or two says about me, but it also saves THEM from my razor sharp wit and intellectual superiority in response to their insults.  happy77

Other folks I put there temporarily when a subject (like a global pandemic) makes them temporarily lose their minds.  They'll be back off when they settle down, but for now, it keeps me from having to see the bullying insecurity that certain subjects (like global pandemics) reveal.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1172 on: April 16, 2020, 05:44:22 pm »

No, I'm not OK.
I'm sorry to hear that...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1173 on: April 16, 2020, 05:44:53 pm »

No, I'm not OK.
You up there?

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1174 on: April 16, 2020, 05:45:55 pm »

No, I'm not OK.

Same here in Il...my military ID is about to expire and I can't get it renewed  9999hair out0000 it affects my health coverage which technically I won't have until my ID card is renewed...they told me not to worry..yeah right!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34