Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159272 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1125 on: April 16, 2020, 02:13:05 am »
Yeah, I sure miss hearing "Trumpy the Clown", adds so much to discourse.

Related to topic, yelling someone about what they post, calling it alarmist, funny how folks aren't taking to the censorship of that.
Put a sock in it, will ya?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1126 on: April 16, 2020, 02:22:24 am »
Previously, I had posted from my self-created spreadsheet that tracks the number of daily increases in the virus here in CT (statewide) and in SW CT (Fairfield County).

Here's the latest edition, and it doesn't look very good.

You'll note that from 4/9 to 4/12, the number of new cases here in FF County were declining each day -- what could be expected if we were "past the peak".

But then... look at what's happened over the past few days (4/13 - 4/15). The numbers "jumped right back up again", with a vengeance.

Re-open too soon here in Connecticut, and there's definitely gonna be "a second wave".

That's the risk.   It's going to be a delicate balance as to whether to open things back up and risk great loss of life or keep things closed and do more damage to the economy.

We need to be praying for our leaders to have great wisdom to knowing what to do to get things moving again.  I'm thinking that it needs to be state by state because the situations in different states are so very different from each other.

Divine guidance is needed BIG time....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1127 on: April 16, 2020, 02:23:36 am »
Just in case anybody was wondering, my fatness has peaked and now I need to flatten the curves.

Online DB

« Reply #1128 on: April 16, 2020, 02:32:38 am »
roamer_1 and thackney.

@Smokin Joe

Looking back on @thackney 's posts I didn't see any indication something was up. Is he okay?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1129 on: April 16, 2020, 02:42:19 am »
@Smokin Joe

Looking back on @thackney 's posts I didn't see any indication something was up. Is he okay?
I don't know. Might just be burnout.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1130 on: April 16, 2020, 02:54:04 am »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/nyregion/coronavirus-nj-andover-nursing-home-deaths.html

After Anonymous Tip, 17 Bodies Found at Nursing Home Hit by Virus
The call for body bags came late Saturday.

By Monday, the police in a small New Jersey town had gotten an anonymous tip about a body being stored in a shed outside one of the state’s largest nursing homes.

When the police arrived, the corpse had been removed from the shed, but they discovered 17 bodies piled inside the nursing home in a small morgue intended to hold no more than four people.

“They were just overwhelmed by the amount of people who were expiring,” said Eric C. Danielson, the police chief in Andover, a small township in Sussex County, the state’s northernmost county.

The 17 were among 68 recent deaths linked to the long-term care facility, Andover Subacute and Rehabilitation Center I and II, including two nurses, officials said. Of those who died, 26 people had tested positive for the virus.

more at link

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1131 on: April 16, 2020, 02:58:24 am »
Sixty-eight recent deaths, but only 26 were infected with SARS-2?  I would guess they have much bigger problems at that nursing home.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1132 on: April 16, 2020, 03:03:34 am »
Sixty-eight recent deaths, but only 26 were infected with SARS-2?  I would guess they have much bigger problems at that nursing home.

Perhaps they didn't test all of them.  The shortage of testing is a big problem in determining how widespread this disease actually is.  As has been said before, it will be a while before any conclusions can be drawn as to why people have died.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1133 on: April 16, 2020, 03:14:12 am »
Perhaps they didn't test all of them.  The shortage of testing is a big problem in determining how widespread this disease actually is.  As has been said before, it will be a while before any conclusions can be drawn as to why people have died.
If they were stacked 17 deep in a morgue designed for 4, someone wasn't doing something right, even if that something was just calling for help.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1134 on: April 16, 2020, 04:36:54 am »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/nyregion/coronavirus-nj-andover-nursing-home-deaths.html

After Anonymous Tip, 17 Bodies Found at Nursing Home Hit by Virus
more at link

17 from an anonymous tip?  I'll venture there will be some firings and jail time to come.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1135 on: April 16, 2020, 01:25:57 pm »
I thought these might add some much needed laughter,
Maybe someone can repost them correctly.

@Cyber Liberty one of them is our favorite kitty meme lord smudge! ❤️
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:28:41 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1136 on: April 16, 2020, 02:11:59 pm »
17 from an anonymous tip?  I'll venture there will be some firings and jail time to come.

@catfish1957

We can only hope. It all depends on where the nursing home is,and who owns it.

OOPS! I now see it is in NJ,so what is going to happen is someone in middle-management is going to take the hit,and it will be drawn out in the courts until everybody forgets about it. Then "he" will pay a fine and promise to never do it again before being promoted and transferred to a different job.

At NO time will the names of the actual owners or those responsible be mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:14:52 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1137 on: April 16, 2020, 02:19:10 pm »
Just in case anybody was wondering, my fatness has peaked and now I need to flatten the curves.

You and me both!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1138 on: April 16, 2020, 02:19:11 pm »
Put a sock in it, will ya?

@TomSea Enough of this bullshit. Quit abusing the posters and get a grip.

MOD4
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:40:49 pm by MOD4 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1139 on: April 16, 2020, 02:21:28 pm »
Shove your vulgarisms where the sun don't shine. Okay?  Go play palsy with Music Lady, you sure as heck don't speak that way.  KMA to you. Another bully.

One more time, I'm gonna miss the intellectual prowess of one who adds so much to the foirum with "Trumpy the Crowd" (spit).

Your on ignore and who needs this.

Mr. Oh, 16 people a day, as many as die in car accidents are dying from the corona.

First...switch to decaf...better for you while we endure this forced quarantine.

Second...YOU of all people calling anyone a bully and carping about mean things that people say is a place you need to avoid given your well documented posts insinuating violence and your own possessive aggressive forms of bullying on here.

@Smokin Joe is about the farthest thing from a bully we've got on this forum.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1140 on: April 16, 2020, 02:23:01 pm »
The high road……   888mouth

Yeah Tom clearly missed the exit for that path.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1141 on: April 16, 2020, 02:24:04 pm »

Mr. Oh, 16 people a day, as many as die in car accidents are dying from the corona.

@TomSea

You may not like a truth,but that doesn't make it an untruth. Chances are MORE than 16 people a day die in car accidents. Frankly,I'd be surprised if that true number wasn't in the triple digits.

Also,dead is dead. Nobody is any deader from an infection than someone dead from a car accident.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:24:56 pm by sneakypete »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1142 on: April 16, 2020, 02:26:04 pm »
That's the problem when all the indicators are "lagging."  I like how Cuomo instantly deemed 4,000 deaths "COVID-19" overnight.  There is no proof any of them even had it.  But, this is ankle-biting on my part, there is no doubt when it's over there will be a lot of dead loved ones.  There's no sugar-coating that.

@Cyber Liberty expect to see NY and other states mortality rates allegedly related to the Chinese Virus increase because of the wording in the new CARES Act.  It's giving hospitals somewhere close to a 20% increase in funds from Medicare if they classify their patients as having “a principal or secondary diagnosis of COVID-19.”

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1143 on: April 16, 2020, 02:27:46 pm »
Go ahead and insult, at least, I'm not doing the original scam of trying to censor others and being a cry baby if my insults got deleted, (SPIT).;. but apparently some people who can't debate the issues but only mock others would cry censoring, when they've tried it plenty to begin with, hypocrites.

Yet, they have to cry all about censorship themselves and hurt the forum with their lies, that's not what it is about. What can you expect from folks that can't put any kind of debate together because they don't have one.

And that's 4 years waiting that with the remark above. So, I'll ignore  you too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1144 on: April 16, 2020, 02:33:22 pm »
Go ahead and insult, at least, I'm not doing the original scam of trying to censor others and being a cry baby if my insults got deleted, (SPIT).;. but apparently some people who can't debate the issues but only mock others would cry censoring, when they've tried it plenty to begin with, hypocrites.

Yet, they have to cry all about censorship themselves and hurt the forum with their lies, that's not what it is about. What can you expect from folks that can't put any kind of debate together because they don't have one.

And that's 4 years waiting that with the remark above. So, I'll ignore  you too.

Again your complaints about insults and lies is gonna fall on deaf ears because of your posting history here.

What is your debate you're trying to form exactly here Tom?  Cause I'm not seeing any.

Pot meet kettle.

Right now you're just throwing a tantrum because everyone doesn't post the same way and the same things that you do...and everyone here doesn't believe in posting nothing but sweetness and light about the President.

Diversity of thought and opinion is a Conservative/Republican trait.

Uniformity...marching in lockstep and...group think and a hive mentality are hallmarks of the left.

Just sayin...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1145 on: April 16, 2020, 02:35:57 pm »
@Cyber Liberty expect to see NY and other states mortality rates allegedly related to the Chinese Virus increase because of the wording in the new CARES Act.  It's giving hospitals somewhere close to a 20% increase in funds from Medicare if they classify their patients as having “a principal or secondary diagnosis of COVID-19.”

@txradioguy

That is a "sure thing" on the same scale as the sun rising tomorrow morning.

You ALWAYS get more of what you are willing to pay for.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1146 on: April 16, 2020, 02:37:40 pm »
@txradioguy

That is a "sure thing" on the same scale as the sun rising tomorrow morning.

You ALWAYS get more of what you are willing to pay for.

@sneakypete or in this case what the Federal Government is willing to give you if you play the game the way they tell you to.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1147 on: April 16, 2020, 02:40:24 pm »

Uniformity...marching in lockstep and...group think and a hive mentality are hallmarks of the left.

@txradioguy

It's also where the alleged "far right" and the far left meet and swap spit. Get out on the extremes,and it's damn hard to tell them apart.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1148 on: April 16, 2020, 02:40:41 pm »
@TomSea

You may not like a truth,but that doesn't make it an untruth. Chances are MORE than 16 people a day die in car accidents. Frankly,I'd be surprised if that true number wasn't in the triple digits.

Also,dead is dead. Nobody is any deader from an infection than someone dead from a car accident.

And that's probably true, whatever the figure, the USA's Coronvirus went from a century mark, 100 deaths only week ago to now being at 28,640. Yet, some complain about some link with the 100 century mark figure was two days old or something. Flimsy arguments, not even worth the time.  They are debating links.

So, there is no way we have had 25,000 deaths from car accidents in the mean time.

Besides,  a great concern in turn, is of course, the burden in the health system.  Period, beds, so on. Stories go both ways.

Anyway, I thank you @sneakypete

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1149 on: April 16, 2020, 02:40:49 pm »

lol  :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34