Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159320 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #1000 on: April 15, 2020, 01:34:33 am »
Clay Travis   @ClayTravis
Question: wasn’t the rationale for a national shutdown to flatten the curve and avoid hospitals from being overrun? Now that we know that isn’t happening anywhere, why has the lockdown rationale suddenly shifted to we can’t go back to work without a vaccine?
1:52 PM · Apr 14, 2020·

Yes, that was the rationale and also to protect those most vulnerable.  Projections vary though as to when each state is supposed to hit its peak and many haven't yet, but most states should see the virus peak by the end of April.  How those projections have  been arrived at, I don't know.  It is logical that the less people are exposed to the virus, the less chance of it spreading. However, certainly we can't shelter in forever.  Obviously people need to go back to work and the country needs to start functioning again.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1001 on: April 15, 2020, 02:35:03 am »
Is this like votes in the trunk of a car in SoCal?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1002 on: April 15, 2020, 03:08:40 am »
NYC death toll jumps by 3,700 after uncounted fatalities are added
whoopsie

I thought he was the worst Mayor ever after he killed the groundhog.

Online DB

« Reply #1003 on: April 15, 2020, 04:52:33 am »
A follow up on my niece. I found out today that she tested negative for Covid-19. She has only been given the test one time so a lot is riding on the accuracy of it. She has been diagnosed with pneumonia and has severe coughing with a fever that comes and goes. She's on antibiotics.

I'm still highly concerned.

« Reply #1004 on: April 15, 2020, 05:27:23 am »
A follow up on my niece. I found out today that she tested negative for Covid-19. She has only been given the test one time so a lot is riding on the accuracy of it.
That is good news.
She has been diagnosed with pneumonia and has severe coughing with a fever that comes and goes. She's on antibiotics.

Prayers sent.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1005 on: April 15, 2020, 07:26:30 am »
A follow up on my niece. I found out today that she tested negative for Covid-19. She has only been given the test one time so a lot is riding on the accuracy of it. She has been diagnosed with pneumonia and has severe coughing with a fever that comes and goes. She's on antibiotics.

Prayers up !
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1006 on: April 15, 2020, 10:17:41 am »
whoopsie

I thought he was the worst Mayor ever after he killed the groundhog.

Groundhog now listed as dying of coronavirus.

The worst part of this policy is that a majority of people who get tested for it end up testing negative, even if they're suspected of having it. Just this past week, they announced Richard Brodsky, a former politician, had died of coronavirus—only to retract that after he tested negative postmortem. He'd actually died of a heart attack.

So of all these presumed cases, maybe 30% of them likely had the virus, let alone died a result of it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #1007 on: April 15, 2020, 01:54:08 pm »
Groundhog now listed as dying of coronavirus.
funny
The worst part of this policy is that a majority of people who get tested for it end up testing negative, even if they're suspected of having it. Just this past week, they announced Richard Brodsky, a former politician, had died of coronavirus—only to retract that after he tested negative postmortem. He'd actually died of a heart attack.

So of all these presumed cases, maybe 30% of them likely had the virus, let alone died a result of it.
messed up

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1008 on: April 15, 2020, 01:59:52 pm »
funnymessed up

Wonder how many Groundhog vehicular mishaps and death certificates are going to be reclassified.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1009 on: April 15, 2020, 02:05:05 pm »
Clay Travis   @ClayTravis
Question: wasn’t the rationale for a national shutdown to flatten the curve and avoid hospitals from being overrun? Now that we know that isn’t happening anywhere, why has the lockdown rationale suddenly shifted to we can’t go back to work without a vaccine?
1:52 PM · Apr 14, 2020·

I haven't heard that "we can't go back to work without a vaccine."  Is that coming from leftist politicians?

What I have heard repeatedly is that we can go back to work soon, but that care must be taken for the health of the workers until there is a vaccine.

BIG difference there.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1010 on: April 15, 2020, 02:15:39 pm »
Japan urges citizens to isolate as reports warn of 400,000 deaths
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan-idUSKCN21X149
New York City coronavirus deaths suspected to be more than 10,000

Last week, Mayor Bill de Blasio admitted that the city's official death toll probably underestimated the true extent of the deadly outbreak.

More: https://news.yahoo.com/york-city-coronavirus-deaths-suspected-more-10-000-224216474.html

I think suggesting the continual drone of low death rate is out-of-touch, hospitals are burdened heavily, one doesn't have different governments doing the same thing, that out of Japan is a real nightmare forecast.

New York and somewhere else are acknowledging they are probably "undercounting".

That may not be so, but it's more than the farcical "16" a day one was asserting about a month ago, now, we are up to 26,000 plus in just, what seems to me, a month.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1011 on: April 15, 2020, 02:24:56 pm »
In New York City perhaps, but all over the world?  Not likely. 

2 million is a lot of people to die in less than two months.  If a fraction of those deaths are "inflated," that's still a lot of people to die in just a few months.

And the deaths lag behind, so it's still going to increase. 

That's a lot of people who actually ARE dying of COVID-19.   A lot.
What was I referring to?
New York City's policy of adding idiopathic deaths outside of a clinical setting to the SARS-CoV-2 death toll.

I didn't say anything about the rest of the world, so don't kindly jack my comment and change the subject.
How much extra funding is New York City going to make from attributing 3700 (and counting) deaths to the virus as opposed to other causes of death?

But since you went there, what two million people?

According to these guys, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?%20, as of this posting in the whole world there have been
Deaths:
Recovered:
Not only not even a tenth of your "two million  deaths", but nearly 4 times as many recovered as died.

Seems New York City isn't the only one reporting high numbers.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:25:53 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1012 on: April 15, 2020, 02:33:12 pm »
Not sure what the deal is, China unleashed this on the world, we should be mad at them and WHO but....

It doesn't amount to much more than the flu to begin with?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1013 on: April 15, 2020, 02:44:12 pm »
According to these guys, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?%20, as of this posting in the whole world there have been 

Deaths:
Recovered:

Not only not even a tenth of your "two million  deaths", but nearly 4 times as many recovered as died.

There are an additional 245,000 who were diagnosed 14+ days ago and have survived, but have not yet been listed as 'recovered'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1014 on: April 15, 2020, 02:51:42 pm »
What was I referring to?
New York City's policy of adding idiopathic deaths outside of a clinical setting to the SARS-CoV-2 death toll.

I didn't say anything about the rest of the world, so don't kindly jack my comment and change the subject.
How much extra funding is New York City going to make from attributing 3700 (and counting) deaths to the virus as opposed to other causes of death?

But since you went there, what two million people?

According to these guys, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?%20, as of this posting in the whole world there have been  Not only not even a tenth of your "two million  deaths", but nearly 4 times as many recovered as died.

Seems New York City isn't the only one reporting high numbers.

I humbly apologize and will remove my post.

I saw the number of cases and mistook it for deaths.

It was unintentional.

And now I understand that you were talking about NYC only.  That was not clear from your post.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1015 on: April 15, 2020, 02:53:52 pm »
The left has found the vehicle for the takedown of America. The rest is just epilogue.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1016 on: April 15, 2020, 02:58:41 pm »
The left has found the vehicle for the takedown of America. The rest is just epilogue.

The left's intentions should be clear by now - fighting the virus is tangential. We should be gearing up to fight them but we still seem to be in a dither over the veracity of their claims.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1017 on: April 15, 2020, 03:33:28 pm »
Not just the vehicle, but the driver (CCP).

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1018 on: April 15, 2020, 03:52:35 pm »
The left's intentions should be clear by now - fighting the virus is tangential. We should be gearing up to fight them but we still seem to be in a dither over the veracity of their claims.
Their claims are as true as the 'bat in a seafood market' fable.

By now we should recognize some fundamental points.

The Left, Islamists, and the CCP have some things in common.

First, and most fundamental, all three lie. The Left through distortion and omission, because despite their dreams, there is still enough freedom of speech here that the truth can get out. Decades long campaigns of remodeling the language through political correctness and the stigma of some -ism or -phobia have worked about all they can, making whole thoughts difficult to express because the words to express them have been rendered unacceptable or even criminal by those who would limit your very ability to even think that the product they are selling is bogus.
The Islamists, because 'it is written', can not only suppress any dissent through the use of a fatwah and a knife, but are fully dispensed to lie to the infidels, engaging in taqiya, lying blatantly for the advancement of Islam. The Left here only dreams of wielding such an iron fist.
The CCP, through blatant propaganda, repetition, and allowing no other alternative to be heard or seen unless it is to provide a veil to hide the routine silencing of any opinion or truth not approved by the CCP. Unlike the US, dissent there can win you a one way ticket to the next life, something the Left here can only dream of.

Fundamental to repressing people is the repression of the truth, the very basis by which people should make decisions. The more muddled the perception of reality, be that through propaganda, indoctrination, lies, or drugs, the more malleable a people, the more easily they are controlled, and the more blind they are to the insidious horrors carried out in their name.

That battle is a war of a thousand cuts, and must be fought with every post online, every statement, carefully couching the truth in the vestiges of language yet allowed while still getting across that the acts, actions, proposals, and indoctrination of the Left are composed of a complex fabrication, a network of interrelated lies designed, ultimately, to place power and wealth in the hands of a few acolytes while dooming the rest of the population to subjugation and misery, with no concept of hope to do better.

We need to expose the lies, to peel back the cover over these maggots that are feasting on the rot they have induced in our culture. The truth is a great place to start.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1019 on: April 15, 2020, 04:12:08 pm »
QFT. Clearly our side lacks the focus of the left/Islamists/Commies. To them their ideological doctrine is their only reason for living, while the rest of us have lives to live and consider the political fight either a necessary evil or an afterthought

I'm afraid this will pan out much like the second world war did - they will push until we are forced to respond, at which time dislodging them will be far more costly and painful than it would have been had we offered meaningful opposition from the start. But these people need to be opposed ALL of the time which requires a level of cynicism we do not naturally possess.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:14:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1020 on: April 15, 2020, 04:14:20 pm »
QFT. Clearly our side lacks the focus of the left/Islamists/Commies. To them their political cause is their only reason for living, while the rest of us have lives to live and consider the political fight either a necessary evil or an afterthought

I'm afraid this will pan out much like the second world war did - they will push until we are forced to respond, at which time dislodging them will be far more costly and painful than it would have been had we offered meaningful opposition from the start. But these people need to be opposed ALL of the time which requires a level of cynicism we do not naturally possess.
It's not so hard. If their lips are moving, they're lying, with a few half truths sprinkled in either because they are obvious, or to point to when they are called on lying about the rest.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1021 on: April 15, 2020, 04:17:24 pm »
It's not so hard. If their lips are moving, they're lying, with a few half truths sprinkled in either because they are obvious, or to point to when they are called on lying about the rest.
The problem is sensitizing the rank & file to what you and I easily recognize.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #1022 on: April 15, 2020, 04:41:04 pm »
MLB players, team employees participating in coronavirus study

Employees of Major League Baseball teams are participating in a massive study that will test up to 10,000 people for coronavirus antibodies and should offer researchers a better sense of how widespread the disease is in major metropolitan areas across the United States, although doctors caution that the data gathered is not expected to hasten the game's return.

The study, which is being run by Stanford University, USC and the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (SMRTL), will use test kits that draw blood via pinprick and offer results within 10 minutes. The test will detect the prevalence of IgM, an antibody produced relatively early in those who have been infected with COVID-19, and IgG, a second form that doctors said lasts long after the infection happens. A positive test would confirm a person did in fact contract coronavirus, even if he or she was asymptomatic.

The goal of the study is to get a better sense of the virus' true infection rate by utilizing a nationwide sample. The speed with which MLB coordinated logistics and ensured participation from a wide range of people, including players, front-office staff, concession workers and others, made it the right choice for the study, according to doctors running it.

More:  https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29036123/mlb-players-team-employees-participating-coronavirus-study

This should get a good handle on how close we are to heard immunity.  The results will be peer-reviewed and published as soon as next week.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:44:36 pm by LadyLiberty »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1023 on: April 15, 2020, 04:47:33 pm »
The problem is sensitizing the rank & file to what you and I easily recognize.
True.

The best place to start is to expose lies and get them thinking critically, looking for the 'catch'.
(Where is the money going to come from? is a biggie.)
My parents started me pretty young when I wanted to order a set of army soldiers from a comic book.
I was excited thinking of the toy soldiers and tanks and such I had, that they would be equivalent in size.
They asked me how big the box was, which was in the ad.
Oh. Far too small to fit a single tank or airplane into, which meant those toy soldiers were pretty darned small.

It was an eye opener, and one I credit for having kept me from a multitude of bad deals over the years.

So start with deceptions which are close to the surface, and easy to root out. Deals too good to be true. Show them the 'catch' by asking them questions designed to get them to see it.
Get them thinking critically.
Once they are thinking critically, their days as liberals are numbered.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1024 on: April 15, 2020, 04:51:47 pm »
The study, which is being run by Stanford University, USC and the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (SMRTL), will use test kits that draw blood via pinprick and offer results within 10 minutes. The test will detect the prevalence of IgM, an antibody produced relatively early in those who have been infected with COVID-19, and IgG, a second form that doctors said lasts long after the infection happens. A positive test would confirm a person did in fact contract coronavirus, even if he or she was asymptomatic.

This should get a good handle on how close we are to heard immunity.  The results will be peer-reviewed and published as soon as next week.

So when do I get to take one of those tests?  Or is it only available to men who bat .260 or better?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-