Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159302 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #925 on: April 11, 2020, 10:50:03 pm »
My niece just went into emergency with a fever and trouble breathing about an hour ago. She has serious lung damage from a bad bout with valley fever perhaps 10 years ago that she barely survived. She has a husband and young son that recently had his first birthday.

We're very concerned.

Praying fervently for her, and your whole family!  @DB
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DB

« Reply #926 on: April 11, 2020, 10:54:15 pm »
Thank you everyone.

Online LadyLiberty

« Reply #927 on: April 11, 2020, 11:13:18 pm »
My niece just went into emergency with a fever and trouble breathing about an hour ago. She has serious lung damage from a bad bout with valley fever perhaps 10 years ago that she barely survived. She has a husband and young son that recently had his first birthday.

We're very concerned.

Prayers for your niece, @DB . I hope it ends up being something else.  My friend's daughter had symptoms and just got her  test results back.  She ended up testing positive for influenza, so that is going around as well.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #928 on: April 11, 2020, 11:27:54 pm »

We're very concerned.

WHAT???  Oh no!  Prayers for your niece.  Is she in Cali?

:0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Bat virus? Bioweapon? What the science says about Covid-19 origins
« Reply #929 on: April 11, 2020, 11:27:56 pm »
We have been through this before.

Here is the link to the article in Nature: https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985
Where the researchers are documenting creating a virus out of a SARS virus and a bat borne Coronavirus.

The result sure sounds al lot like SARS-CoV-2, the active agent in COVID-19.

Is this a hybrid? Yep, no doubt.
Is it lab made? I'm (after reading this publication, co-authored by two chinese scientists from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences) 99.999% sure.

From the Abstract:
Using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system2, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse-adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild-type backbone can efficiently use multiple orthologs of the SARS receptor human angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV. Additionally, in vivo experiments demonstrate replication of the chimeric virus in mouse lung with notable pathogenesis. Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from infection with CoVs using the novel spike protein. On the basis of these findings, we synthetically re-derived an infectious full-length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo. Our work suggests a potential risk of SARS-CoV re-emergence from viruses currently circulating in bat populations.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #930 on: April 11, 2020, 11:41:17 pm »
WHAT???  Oh no!  Prayers for your niece.  Is she in Cali?

:0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:

Yes, she's in a small town in California.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #931 on: April 11, 2020, 11:47:46 pm »
Yes, she's in a small town in California.

Oh, man, that's rough.  Extra prayers for you, still new in your new town...

:0001: :0001: :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #932 on: April 12, 2020, 01:36:09 am »

We're very concerned.
Oh my!  Prayers for y'all. 

Offline DB

« Reply #933 on: April 12, 2020, 02:09:20 am »
Hi Guys,

The emergency room doctors think it was a pulmonary embolism of some sort but I don't know how that explains the fever. The other symptoms do match that. They sent her home with some medications (I'm assuming a blood thinner). I'm pretty sure she was swabbed for the virus but I don't know if there are any results yet. Hopefully the next 24 hours clears up what's going on.

Thank you for the prayers and kind thoughts.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #934 on: April 12, 2020, 04:46:15 am »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #935 on: April 12, 2020, 05:44:53 am »
Hi Guys,

The emergency room doctors think it was a pulmonary embolism of some sort but I don't know how that explains the fever. The other symptoms do match that. They sent her home with some medications (I'm assuming a blood thinner). I'm pretty sure she was swabbed for the virus but I don't know if there are any results yet. Hopefully the next 24 hours clears up what's going on.

@DB I'm glad your niece is better.

« Reply #936 on: April 12, 2020, 07:03:03 am »
According to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

We lost ‭12,108‬ Americans to the virus last week.

9/11                           - 2,996
2017 Hurricane Maria   - 2,982
2001-now Afghanistan - 2,216
2003 Iraq                   - 4,497 
         TOTAL               - ‭12,691‬

It's almost like all these tragedies happened last week

"This is going to be the hardest and the saddest week of most Americans’ lives, quite frankly,” - US Surgeon General Jerome Adams 4/5/20
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/surgeon-general-warns-this-week-will-be-our-pearl-harbor-moment-as-coronavirus-death-toll-rises

8888crybaby

I have not watched much TV News over this last week.  I trust the daily press conferences on youtube, this forum, and twitter to inform me of the news of the day.  So maybe the MSM is already doing it, but I find using the metric of "last week" we lost 12k Americans much more shocking than 20k total and 2k yesterday.  I'd be surprised if the MSM doesn't begin incorporating it, if they haven't started.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #937 on: April 12, 2020, 10:05:54 am »
According to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

We lost ‭12,108‬ Americans to the virus last week.

9/11                           - 2,996
2017 Hurricane Maria   - 2,982
2001-now Afghanistan - 2,216
2003 Iraq                   - 4,497 
         TOTAL               - ‭12,691‬

It's almost like all these tragedies happened last week

"This is going to be the hardest and the saddest week of most Americans’ lives, quite frankly,” - US Surgeon General Jerome Adams 4/5/20
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/surgeon-general-warns-this-week-will-be-our-pearl-harbor-moment-as-coronavirus-death-toll-rises

8888crybaby

I have not watched much TV News over this last week.  I trust the daily press conferences on youtube, this forum, and twitter to inform me of the news of the day.  So maybe the MSM is already doing it, but I find using the metric of "last week" we lost 12k Americans much more shocking than 20k total and 2k yesterday.  I'd be surprised if the MSM doesn't begin incorporating it, if they haven't started.

Almost 12k people will die this month from lung cancer.  I hope you mourn that just as hard as you are the stats from this virus.

Should the MSM incorporate those stats onto their reports as well?  Or run scare story after scare story about the 143K for the year that will die from this cancer?

What kind of shocking metric should they use for cancer deaths...or suicides...or any other thing that will kill more people than this virus?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #938 on: April 12, 2020, 10:35:59 am »
Almost 12k people will die this month from lung cancer.  I hope you mourn that just as hard as you are the stats from this virus.
I'll mourn them 1/4 as hard since they're dying a quarter as fast.

Should the MSM incorporate those stats onto their reports as well?  Or run scare story after scare story about the 143K for the year that will die from this cancer?

You're a stone cold critic.

What kind of shocking metric should they use for cancer deaths...or suicides...or any other thing that will kill more people than this virus?

Clearly I have offended you by empathizing with the dead.  I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #939 on: April 12, 2020, 10:39:33 am »
@Fishrrman

Some very good posts including that picture of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. If no one thanked you for those, I wished to. It's hard to remember which thread that was in but it was helpful and useful.

---------

While I am here, I merged 3 of my threads on this topic into this main thread. We can't lose site of other subjects as well.

Pretty good viewership for this forum too; which in the past, was not nearly as active.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:41:00 am by TomSea »

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #940 on: April 12, 2020, 12:08:35 pm »
Hi Guys,

Keep us posted. I hope she starts to feel better soon. @DB
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #941 on: April 12, 2020, 10:59:01 pm »
Mrs. Once-Ler made ham, potatotos, mac n cheese, cornbread, broccoli, and salad. 
My oldest daughter Once-Letta made cup cakes.
We are now playing an on-line game using Zoom with our brood, and their spouses who moved out on their own. 
A blessed day in our home. 
Hope you are all safe, with full tummies.   eeeeeeeee

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #942 on: April 12, 2020, 11:18:12 pm »
Mrs. Once-Ler made ham, potatotos, mac n cheese, cornbread, broccoli, and salad. 
We are now playing an on-line game using Zoom with our brood, and their spouses who moved out on their own. 

I am glad to hear you have an excellent and blessed day, @Once-Ler!   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #943 on: April 12, 2020, 11:32:28 pm »

You too @Once-Ler
I like the emoji
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #944 on: April 12, 2020, 11:46:42 pm »
Hi Guys,

@DB

Keeping her and your family in my thoughts.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline DB

« Reply #945 on: April 12, 2020, 11:53:38 pm »
@DB

Keeping her and your family in my thoughts.

Thank you.

They've ruled out pulmonary embolism through blood tests and CT scan. Her fever went away sometime yesterday. She's home and as far as I know is not getting worse. Still pending other test results.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #946 on: April 13, 2020, 02:36:39 am »
04-12-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.528 ↑  3.864 ↓
United States  1.476 ↑ 17.169 ↓
China 23.233 ↑  1.058 ↑

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 58,751
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 28.8 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #947 on: April 13, 2020, 02:42:21 am »
04-12-2020 | 0:00 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.528 ↑  3.864 ↓
United States  1.476 ↑ 17.169 ↓
China 23.233 ↑  1.058 ↑

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 58,751
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 28.8 %  ↑

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

We got all green arrows today?
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #948 on: April 13, 2020, 09:54:30 am »
We got all green arrows today?
Caveat: it is the weekend, when reporting usually goes down. It usually jumps the following Tuesday.

I'm just praying we don't get a big jump this time and the decline begins for real. It HAS to start going down, and fast, if we are going to get people back to living again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #949 on: April 13, 2020, 09:57:07 am »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249506799532867585

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
I am working hard to expose the corruption and dishonesty in the Lamestream Media. That part is easy, the hard part is WHY?
8:16 PM · Apr 12, 2020

You should reassess your priorities in the light of 20k American deaths, with thousands more added daily, Mr President.