Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 160360 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #900 on: April 11, 2020, 05:28:58 pm »
@Smokin Joe I hope you're right on this.  But what worried me is I see too many normally rational and sane people buying into the hype and panic.

Liberals have hit not he one thing that will cause people to do and act in ways they normally wouldn't.  And they are taking notes on what they've seen happen so far for the future.
Watch cattle. Ordinarily, they'll wander and graze and chew their cud, totally content.

But get that herd nervous, let them scent a predator, or have a storm rolling in, and it doesn't take much to spook them into a stampede.  (That's why the working cowboys often sang to a herd to calm them down, probably one of the roots of country-western.)

Natives used something similar against buffalo, getting the herd nervous and stampeding them off cliffs into piles that were so deep they started to rot before they could butcher, smoke, and eat their way to the bottom.

Unfortunately, you have to get people to stop and think, which is tough to do when they are in a panic.

And it is the panic that will do more damage in the long run than the virus.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #901 on: April 11, 2020, 05:31:10 pm »
Watch cattle. Ordinarily, they'll wander and graze and chew their cud, totally content.

But get that herd nervous, let them scent a predator, or have a storm rolling in, and it doesn't take much to spook them into a stampede.  (That's why the working cowboys often sang to a herd to calm them down, probably one of the roots of country-western.)

Natives used something similar against buffalo, getting the herd nervous and stampeding them off cliffs into piles that were so deep they started to rot before they could butcher, smoke, and eat their way to the bottom.

Unfortunately, you have to get people to stop and think, which is tough to do when they are in a panic.

And it is the panic that will do more damage in the long run than the virus.

Well said.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #902 on: April 11, 2020, 05:39:22 pm »
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
 Â· 18h
.@CNN used a pic of people during Hurricane Harvey claiming it was current COVID reporting.

One of the guys in the pic called out their #FakeNews
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online corbe

« Reply #903 on: April 11, 2020, 05:48:57 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #904 on: April 11, 2020, 05:56:26 pm »

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
8m
The takeaway: New York hospitals are very busy but functioning well (thanks to great medical staff!). Patients who need to be admitted are admitted, those who are not are sent home, there is no ventilator shortage and no prospect of one. Even in NYC the acute crisis has passed.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1249031247596335106

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #905 on: April 11, 2020, 05:56:59 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #906 on: April 11, 2020, 06:00:07 pm »

Odd how they always manage to link the actual and projected curves, but I noticed the actual numbers are well below the projections in every instance I have checked.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #907 on: April 11, 2020, 06:19:24 pm »
Odd how they always manage to link the actual and projected curves, but I noticed the actual numbers are well below the projections in every instance I have checked.

And because the projected curves were pounced upon by the media and the left and treated as Gospel...people will be less likely to believe anything at all that comes from the media or a Government official.

I seem to remember a story about a boy named Peter and a wolf...I think that story might apply here.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #908 on: April 11, 2020, 06:28:46 pm »

toddstarnes
@toddstarnes
·
27m
The year is 2025: The medical experts guess that a virus is going to kill either 1 person or 3 million. So just to be safe, the entire country is going to have to be shut down, churches closed, gun stores, shuttered, and gardening banned. Oh yeah - and no paddle boarding.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #909 on: April 11, 2020, 06:34:36 pm »
04-11-2020 | 18:19 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.437 ↑  3.998 ↓
United States  1.424 ↓ 18.254 ↓
China 23.218 -  1.057 -

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 52,526
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 28.3 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #910 on: April 11, 2020, 06:37:39 pm »
This has been my point all along.  They place all their efforts on counting bad news, and put very little effort on counting good news.  And this is only a US problem since the rest of the world shows much higher recovery numbers.

That's right. Since the data are generally taken from hospitalizations... well, there are only two ways out of that hospital. One through the front door, and the other through the basement... That is not a hard tally to make.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #911 on: April 11, 2020, 06:42:12 pm »
The travel cases are going to go down as people travel less.

Where I'm at, the county has done a generally very good job of identifying how each case (15 right now, 3 recovered) got it. The first few were travel in the cities. More recent ones have generally been health care workers and people in close contact (some of whom have no symptoms) with other cases. Of those 15, only 3 have no explanation as to how they got it.

Numbers of people in quarantine have largely been level the past few weeks, hovering between the 40s and about 100. They'll put 50 into quarantine and take 20 out each of the next few days.

The county to our west has already leveled out; they're getting a recovery for every new case at this point. To our north, hospitalizations have also leveled out, on cue.

It is interesting to watch by the numbers, and how the infection works differently - In the cities, it burns hot and goes through like sh*t through a goose... In the small towns and burbs it tends to stew... and rural areas so far are nearly unaffected.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #912 on: April 11, 2020, 06:44:34 pm »

Is it any wonder considering the modeling used to justify global warming?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #913 on: April 11, 2020, 06:58:48 pm »

OMG! Laughed so hard I split my side.

Well, boys and girls, what have we learned from our experience with the Wuhan Red Death? There will be many lessons to be learned. Study hard. Your final exam will make up eighty percent of your semester grade.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #914 on: April 11, 2020, 09:52:25 pm »
For those of you that are interested and for a little perspective...as of a couple minutes ago the U.S. has seen a total of 5,758 people die today from non Chinese Virus related diseases illnesses and other causes of death.

Here's a link to find out how many will die in your state today from something NOT called the Corona Virus.

https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/indicator/deaths/united-states
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:53:39 pm by txradioguy »

Online DB

« Reply #915 on: April 11, 2020, 10:03:35 pm »
My niece just went into emergency with a fever and trouble breathing about an hour ago. She has serious lung damage from a bad bout with valley fever perhaps 10 years ago that she barely survived. She has a husband and young son that recently had his first birthday.

We're very concerned.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #916 on: April 11, 2020, 10:06:42 pm »
My niece just went into emergency with a fever and trouble breathing about an hour ago. She has serious lung damage from a bad bout with valley fever perhaps 10 years ago that she barely survived. She has a husband and young son that recently had his first birthday.

We're very concerned.

Bad news.
Prayers up!
 :0001:

Online corbe

« Reply #917 on: April 11, 2020, 10:11:54 pm »
  Prayers Up @DB
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #918 on: April 11, 2020, 10:14:57 pm »

We're very concerned.

Prayers for a speedy recovery and wisdom on any of her medical team team working on her.
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #919 on: April 11, 2020, 10:21:29 pm »
Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:

Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,

Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,

Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Psalm 103:1-5

Prayers up, DB.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #920 on: April 11, 2020, 10:27:13 pm »
My prayers are up too DB.

Some woman on our block was saying her brother tested positive for corona.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #921 on: April 11, 2020, 10:33:38 pm »

We're very concerned.

Prayers up for healing for your niece and peace and comfort for your family. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #922 on: April 11, 2020, 10:35:40 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #923 on: April 11, 2020, 10:37:39 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #924 on: April 11, 2020, 10:45:19 pm »

We're very concerned.
Prayers up for you all, especially your niece! :0001:

C S Lewis