Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159329 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #850 on: April 10, 2020, 08:20:15 pm »
Me thinks you're going to have a full house -- I'll bring some burgers to throw on the grill.

Grab an extra bottle of Propane on the way, I'm running low and I don't have a spare yet....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #851 on: April 10, 2020, 08:25:08 pm »
04-10-2020 | 19:52 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.371 ↑  4.094 ↓
United States  1.462 ↓ 18.410 ↓
China 23.218 ↑  1.057 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 48,773
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 28.5 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Recoveries in the US continue to go unreported.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #852 on: April 10, 2020, 08:29:28 pm »
Total cases per 1 million population:

Sweden -   959
Norway -  1,162
Denmark - 1,005
US - 1,490
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline musiclady

« Reply #854 on: April 10, 2020, 08:46:39 pm »
Keep in mind that with all the numbers in almost every country, and especially here in the US, that the cases are vastly underreported due to minimal testing.

The testing in most places is still reserved for the sickest, so that many, many people who have the virus with lesser symptoms, or who are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic, are not included in those numbers.

Any percentages derived from incomplete data, and any conclusions based on that data, is by its very nature inaccurate.

Just a caution going forward.......... we're not going to understand the full impact of this pandemic for a long time.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #855 on: April 10, 2020, 08:51:44 pm »
04-10-2020 | 19:52 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global (excluding China & US)  3.371 ↑  4.094 ↓
United States  1.462 ↓ 18.410 ↓
China 23.218 ↑  1.057 ↓

US 14-day Recovery Deficit - 48,773
Recovery Rate after 14 days - 28.5 %  ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Recoveries in the US continue to go unreported.

As of today the recoveries in the US are 27,612.

This number is given daily, as well as the number of recoveries state by state at the Johns Hopkins Resource Center.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #856 on: April 10, 2020, 08:59:29 pm »
My substance abuse has gotten way better. 0005

Practice, practice, practice!  :laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #857 on: April 10, 2020, 09:03:21 pm »
Grab an extra bottle of Propane on the way, I'm running low and I don't have a spare yet....

Propane??   **nononono*

Online Hoodat

« Reply #858 on: April 10, 2020, 09:09:57 pm »
As of today the recoveries in the US are 27,612.

This number is given daily, as well as the number of recoveries state by state at the Johns Hopkins Resource Center.

I know how many reported recoveries there are.  But I also know how many reported cases and deaths there are.  It is my understanding that over 95% of people contracting this disease recover within 14 days. 

March 27
93,881 cases

Deaths since March 27

Recoveries since March 27

Minimum number of people diagnosed by March 27 who are still alive today

That leaves 52,643 people who had the disease on March 27 who are neither reported as died or recovered.  Can you explain why 50,000+ people who have survived after 2 weeks are not being reported as 'recovered'?

If your feel the recovery period is longer than 14 days, then give me a link showing the average of how many days it takes, and I will adjust my calculation accordingly.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #859 on: April 10, 2020, 09:13:49 pm »
My substance abuse has gotten way better. 0005

I knew a woman who could hit both arms with needles at the same time.  Let's just say that she was ambidextrous.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #860 on: April 10, 2020, 09:17:50 pm »
Federal Debt Tops $24 Trillion for First Time; GAO: 'The Current Federal Fiscal Path is Unsustainable

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/terence-p-jeffrey/federal-debt-tops-24-trillion-first-time-gao-current-federal

Thank you to all the idiot presidents and legislators of the past 50 years, who have put us in the F'N boat. /s   9999hair out0000
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #861 on: April 10, 2020, 09:19:18 pm »
I know how many reported recoveries there are.  But I also know how many reported cases and deaths there are.  It is my understanding that over 95% of people contracting this disease recover within 14 days. 

March 27
93,881 cases

Deaths since March 27

Recoveries since March 27

Minimum number of people diagnosed by March 27 who are still alive today

That leaves 52,643 people who had the disease on March 27 who are neither reported as died or recovered.  Can you explain why 50,000+ people who have survived after 2 weeks are not being reported as 'recovered'?

If your feel the recovery period is longer than 14 days, then give me a link showing the average of how many days it takes, and I will adjust my calculation accordingly.

A person is considered to be recovered 7 days after the symptoms have gone.  I do know that the average hospital stay for COVID19, rather than the average 3 day hospital stay is 20 days, so it seems as if there is some disparity in recovery time for different people with different degrees of illness.

I do know that many people who are asymptomatic or who have mild symptoms and just stay home are recovering, and are not yet included in the numbers.

My only caution is that drawing any conclusions based on present data is premature.  The thing we can all know is that there are far more recoveries than are being reported because there are far more cases than are being presently recorded.

It's too early in the game to know what's really going on, but I was just responding to your statement that recoveries weren't being reported, when in fact, they are.  Just not all of them because it is an unknown.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #862 on: April 10, 2020, 09:20:03 pm »
Propane??   **nononono*

Too lazy for wood or charcoal....:shrug:

I sear my steaks with a blow torch.  Had one last night, yum!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #863 on: April 10, 2020, 09:30:21 pm »
Thank you to all the idiot presidents and legislators of the past 50 years, who have put us in the F'N boat. /s   9999hair out0000

Ditto.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #864 on: April 10, 2020, 09:32:53 pm »
A person is considered to be recovered 7 days after the symptoms have gone.  I do know that the average hospital stay for COVID19, rather than the average 3 day hospital stay is 20 days, so it seems as if there is some disparity in recovery time for different people with different degrees of illness.

I do know that many people who are asymptomatic or who have mild symptoms and just stay home are recovering, and are not yet included in the numbers.

My only caution is that drawing any conclusions based on present data is premature.  The thing we can all know is that there are far more recoveries than are being reported because there are far more cases than are being presently recorded.

It's too early in the game to know what's really going on, but I was just responding to your statement that recoveries weren't being reported, when in fact, they are.  Just not all of them because it is an unknown.

That's the difference between "non-reporting" and "under-reporting."  I find it curious the number of total cases - deaths != recoveries.  That's a red flag for the data-taker in me.  It's binary:  People either recover, or they die.  Can the discrepancy be covered by still-active cases?  The totals @Hoodat posted suggest there are some recoveries not being reported.  I think there is uncertainty about how long it is between a positive test and a patient is declared "recovered."

IOW, I would not chalk that up to nefarious actions, at least not yet.  By the end of the month that judgement may change.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #865 on: April 10, 2020, 09:52:50 pm »
That's the difference between "non-reporting" and "under-reporting."  I find it curious the number of total cases - deaths != recoveries.  That's a red flag for the data-taker in me.  It's binary:  People either recover, or they die.  Can the discrepancy be covered by still-active cases?  The totals @Hoodat posted suggest there are some recoveries not being reported.  I think there is uncertainty about how long it is between a positive test and a patient is declared "recovered."

IOW, I would not chalk that up to nefarious actions, at least not yet.  By the end of the month that judgement may change.

Again.......... the information I'm getting is from my own state, and I know for a fact that there are many cases, and obviously some recoveries that have not been reported simply because they are not yet known.

The concentration has been, because it has had to be, on the most serious cases, and those requiring hospitalization, and the testing has been limited.

As of today, there have been only 55,985 tests given in Ohio (out of 11,646,273 people), so obviously no conclusions should be drawn about anything now........... cases, recoveries, or even deaths.

It's a long way from where we are now to suspect anything nefarious regarding the numbers of recoveries given.

Patience is going to be required, and in our instant society, patience isn't our strong suit.

We just have to wait for accurate numbers, and any conclusions drawn from those numbers.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #866 on: April 10, 2020, 09:58:08 pm »
Again.......... the information I'm getting is from my own state, and I know for a fact that there are many cases, and obviously some recoveries that have not been reported

Which is exactly my point.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #867 on: April 10, 2020, 10:02:25 pm »
Again.......... the information I'm getting is from my own state, and I know for a fact that there are many cases, and obviously some recoveries that have not been reported simply because they are not yet known.

The concentration has been, because it has had to be, on the most serious cases, and those requiring hospitalization, and the testing has been limited.

As of today, there have been only 55,985 tests given in Ohio (out of 11,646,273 people), so obviously no conclusions should be drawn about anything now........... cases, recoveries, or even deaths.

It's a long way from where we are now to suspect anything nefarious regarding the numbers of recoveries given.

Patience is going to be required, and in our instant society, patience isn't our strong suit.

We just have to wait for accurate numbers, and any conclusions drawn from those numbers.

Agree about it still being too early for the data to be settled, but policy decisions are required now, when the data are incomplete.  That's where I expect to see shady actions and fear-mongering.  Incomplete data are an open invitation to fabrication.  Out-and-out fudging of the data is another matter entirely.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #868 on: April 10, 2020, 10:08:14 pm »
Los Angeles AM radio 640 talking now about a study of 1000 randomized people, to determine how many have andibodies indicating immunity from prior recovery.

These types of stats, weigh very heavily on getting back to work, regaining confidence is worker and customer safety, etc.

Talking with my fellow board member of our non-profit AA meeting hall, and preparing for eventual re-opening (sort of like churches, libraries, other group meeting places).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #869 on: April 10, 2020, 10:09:51 pm »
Agree about it still being too early for the data to be settled, but policy decisions are required now, when the data are incomplete.  That's where I expect to see shady actions and fear-mongering.  Incomplete data are an open invitation to fabrication.  Out-and-out fudging of the data is another matter entirely.

Again, much of my information is coming from my own state, but I know the Governor, Lt.Gov, and legislature are working this weekend on the specifics of how we come out of this.  They have had a game plan all the way, and the destruction of Ohio's economy was never part of it.

Next week, they'll begin telling us where we're headed, and I have confidence that they will be turning things around as quickly as it can be done.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #870 on: April 10, 2020, 10:10:30 pm »
Which is exactly my point.

So you're allowing yourself to agree with me?

I'll be darned.....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #871 on: April 10, 2020, 10:10:43 pm »
Agree about it still being too early for the data to be settled, but policy decisions are required now, when the data are incomplete.

The data would be more complete if they put as much effort towards reporting good news (i.e. recoveries) as they do deaths and cases.  Reporting good news has not been a priority.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #872 on: April 10, 2020, 10:13:07 pm »
So you're allowing yourself to agree with me?

I'll be darned.....

Believe whatever you feel you need to believe.  I have been saying for many days now that recoveries are going unreported.  It didn't begin as an agreement to something you posted.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #873 on: April 10, 2020, 10:22:55 pm »
The data would be more complete if they put as much effort towards reporting good news (i.e. recoveries) as they do deaths and cases.  Reporting good news has not been a priority.

The data is nonsense and has been since the get-go.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #874 on: April 10, 2020, 10:33:01 pm »
There's no sign of things slowing down in CT, particularly the western end of the state (where I am):
(I apologize for the formatting, just can't get it right with the software the GBR is using)

Date      Cases      Daily      Deaths   Daily
            Inc.            Inc.
3/7      0         
3/8      1      1      
3/9      1      0      
3/10      2      1      
3/11      3      1      
3/12      6      3      
3/13      6      0      
3/14      11      5      
3/15      20      9      
3/16      26      6