Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 160024 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #825 on: April 10, 2020, 05:22:46 am »
Fake cops stop drivers for violating coronavirus stay-at-home orders
Trevor Hughes   USA TODAY

GREELEY, Colo. – Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams shakes his head in confusion: Somewhere out in his county, a guy with flashing lights on his Dodge Charger has been stopping drivers and warning them they're violating coronavirus-related travel restrictions.

Whoever is stopping the cars isn't one of Ream's deputies. Instead, the police impersonator is breaking the law and putting himself at extreme risk, because traffic stops are among the most dangerous things most law enforcement officers do. The stops happened several times in March.

"For the life of me, I don't understand why someone would want to do this," Reams says. "I don't think there's a law enforcement agency in the state that has time to do that kind of thing."

More:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/04/08/coronavirus-stay-home-orders-see-fake-cops-go-after-motorists/5099762002/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #827 on: April 10, 2020, 01:48:16 pm »
Candace Owens
@RealCandaceO
Two weeks ago I told you all that India was the country to watch as millions of their workers were stranded along the railroad—no means of social distancing.
India has just 169 deaths. Reported its first case in January.

BUT IT’S 10 TIMES MORE DEADLY THAN THE FLU, BRO!

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1248361153731932161
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #828 on: April 10, 2020, 03:06:19 pm »

Donald J. Trump
✔  @realDonaldTrump

The White House Press Conference will take place today at 1:00 P.M., recognizing that it is Good Friday!

7:35 AM - Apr 10, 2020

Offline TomSea

« Reply #829 on: April 10, 2020, 04:20:15 pm »
India is on a steep incline:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

A lot of people have been concerned about it and India imposed strict draconian measures, probably more severe than what we have done. Staying in the home means exactly that.
'We will die': Andhra doc who alleged shortage of masks, PPE in viral video suspended

"We will die. Why won't there be positive cases (among medical staff)? They are not giving minimum importance to the medical department," the doctor had said in the video.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/we-will-die-andhra-doc-who-alleged-shortage-masks-ppe-viral-video-suspended-122185

Prof. Steve Hanke
@steve_hanke
#Modi's #LockdownWithoutPlan creates more problems than it cures. Migrant workers are without #Food or shelter. 100M workers have lost their #Jobs. For people who need their jobs to make it to the next day, a #Lockdown is more terrifying than #Coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/steve_hanke/status/1248409107595513856

In South Asia, there is no safety net against the pandemic

By Suddaf Chaudry Follow @@suddafchaudry

Nearly one fifth of the world’s people – 1.3 billion – live in India, the second most populous country in the world and, despite its huge size, more densely populated than Japan. The lockdown imposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 March would always have posed a great challenge, but it has been further complicated by the economic outlook. In recent years, rapid growth has increased living standards for many, but now, like elsewhere, the coronavirus crisis looks likely to cause the greatest suffering to the poorest and most disadvantaged.

There are currently 5,194 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in India, but only around 100,000 tests – one for every 12,500 people – have been performed. India already has the largest cohort of people in the world living with respiratory disease, thanks primarily to its chronic air pollution and high rates of tuberculosis. Accordingly, the government has chosen to treat coronavirus as a national disaster, calling on its National Disaster Management Authority, which is tasked with disaster mitigation planning for events such as flooding, drought, and terrorism, as well as possible nuclear attack and biological disaster. “India is at a critical stage and even a single misstep could lead to the deadly virus spreading like wildfire,” said Modi as he introduced the lockdown. “If we continue to be negligent, India will have to pay a heavy price.”

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/asia/2020/04/south-asia-there-no-safety-net-against-pandemic

Offline TomSea

« Reply #830 on: April 10, 2020, 04:29:07 pm »
This has become a political football, sad, maybe necessary at times. I know a lot of Trump blaming goes on but 36% of cases in NY I believe I read... but anyway....

San Francisco’s mayor did everything de Blasio didn’t to fight coronavirus
By Connor Harris
April 9, 2020 | 7:40pm

New York City is now the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the United States. As of Thursday, there were some 160,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New York state and more than 7,000 deaths — 43 percent of the ­national toll. Most of these cases have occurred in Gotham and its suburbs.

Other urban areas, however, have performed much better than we have. The Bay Area, for example, has about the same population as New York City, but only 115 deaths from the coronavirus. San Francisco proper has seen only 10 deaths so far, about 2 percent of the per-capita rate in New York.

New York and San Francisco are both major urban centers, so why did we do so much worse? Why are their infection rates so different? New York’s density is likely one part of it. As is the fact that the Big Apple receives many more visitors from abroad. But leadership is a big part of the equation, too.

More:  https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/san-franciscos-mayor-did-everything-de-blasio-didnt-to-fight-coronavirus/

So, maybe SF scores high on this.

FAIL TO PREPARE, PREPARE TO FAIL

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #831 on: April 10, 2020, 04:30:20 pm »
It will be interesting to see how SF does. They have a huge homeless problem. This could present a problem.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #832 on: April 10, 2020, 05:28:15 pm »
SF Bay Area Counties went to Shelter-in-Place in mid March. The Bay Area SiP and the subsequent statewide SiP are not super stringent (I'm "essential" because I do something essential at my employer who provides products and services to various essential industries and orgs). While Mayor de Blah-Blah went #Resist, urging NYCers to party on, the SF Bay Area was newly under SiP order. And while the SF Bay Area does have BART, trains, light rail, and buses, cars are still the main means of transportation for many.

Mayor de Blah-Blah  and Goobernor Cumo pooed the screwch by going #Resist instead of urging people to act responsibly.

Corrected memory fart
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 07:37:29 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #833 on: April 10, 2020, 06:44:38 pm »
"Yes, social distancing is good to stop the spread of COVID, but we know that isolation is bad for almost every other disease you can name out there — depression, domestic violence, heart disease, substance abuse — all these things are worse."
—Jerome Adams, U.S. Surgeon General

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/surgeon-general-jerome-adams-says-most-of-the-country-will-not-be-able-to-open-by-may-1/ar-BB12rLcR

:hands:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DB

« Reply #834 on: April 10, 2020, 06:50:00 pm »
"A (possible) solution to COVID-19"

https://www.tillett.info/2020/04/05/a-solution-to-covid-19/

Important read.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #835 on: April 10, 2020, 06:52:00 pm »
"Yes, social distancing is good to stop the spread of COVID, but we know that isolation is bad for almost every other disease you can name out there — depression, domestic violence, heart disease, substance abuse — all these things are worse."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/surgeon-general-jerome-adams-says-most-of-the-country-will-not-be-able-to-open-by-may-1/ar-BB12rLcR

What we need is a national model showing the effects of a sustained societal shutdown for one, two, three months in terms of suicides, cases of depression, domestic abuse, bankruptcy, etc.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #836 on: April 10, 2020, 07:12:41 pm »

I would say if the President follows his advice about not "opening the country" on May 1, he will lose in November, taking the House and Senate down with him.  The civil disobedience will start on 5/2 and render any further attempts to isolate the people pointless.

You heard it here first....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #837 on: April 10, 2020, 07:19:32 pm »
"A (possible) solution to COVID-19"

https://www.tillett.info/2020/04/05/a-solution-to-covid-19/

Important read.

Thanks @DB, I agree that is important information.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #838 on: April 10, 2020, 07:29:45 pm »
Thanks @DB, I agree that is important information.

It's a shame there are a thousand hooks in that for the Press to hang "Trump lied, people died!" on the President.  Too technical.  Otherwise, I think it's a good plan.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #839 on: April 10, 2020, 07:31:11 pm »
I would say if the President follows his advice about not "opening the country" on May 1, he will lose in November, taking the House and Senate down with him.  The civil disobedience will start on 5/2 and render any further attempts to isolate the people pointless.

??? Not quite so sure I agree with this.  The masses have already had fear instilled in them over this virus and will continue to comply. 

My other thought; IMHO, other than in NY and a couple of other states that have been hit hard by the virus; herd immunity has not been acquired ... once the country is re-opened by the "order" of the President, I think we may see much more sickness and death and he WILL be blamed for those deaths because he opened the country up to soon.  This is a no win situation for him; unless the numbers being reported and the projections are very accurate and deaths from the virus are kept to a minimum (or at least not reported).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #840 on: April 10, 2020, 07:41:26 pm »

??? Not quite so sure I agree with this.  The masses have already had fear instilled in them over this virus and will continue to comply. 

My other thought; IMHO, other than in NY and a couple of other states that have been hit hard by the virus; herd immunity has not been acquired ... once the country is re-opened by the "order" of the President, I think we may see much more sickness and death and he WILL be blamed for those deaths because he opened the country up to soon.  This is a no win situation for him; unless the numbers being reported and the projections are very accurate and deaths from the virus are kept to a minimum (or at least not reported).

All I'll say is both of these are well-thought out posts going to the crux of the matter.   

I tend to think we will re-open.

Hopefully, IF we are as in good of shape as say, Taiwan.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #841 on: April 10, 2020, 07:42:47 pm »

You can rely on the Dem media to scream bloody murder about "Trump's victims" if any restrictions are lifted 5/1, because they are counting on a destroyed economy to defeat Trump in November.   Another 30 days will cause a lot more damage, especially if it's perceived they've been cooking the books on the numbers, which it's becoming painfully obvious they did in most parts of the country.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #842 on: April 10, 2020, 07:51:42 pm »

My substance abuse has gotten way better. 0005

Offline libertybele

« Reply #843 on: April 10, 2020, 07:53:01 pm »
You can rely on the Dem media to scream bloody murder about "Trump's victims" if any restrictions are lifted 5/1, because they are counting on a destroyed economy to defeat Trump in November.   Another 30 days will cause a lot more damage, especially if it's perceived they've been cooking the books on the numbers, which it's becoming painfully obvious they did in most parts of the country.

Cooking the books?  Ah .... but we have seen so many instances of information coming forward that shows the corruption of the DEMS ... and voila ... nothing happens.  That will be the case here.  Meanwhile, they WILL try again to impeach him or conduct another costly investigation that ties his hands. They will also continue to push for on-line voting or vote by mail only -- especially if after the country is re-opened the death toll climbs -- and yes, those numbers will continue to be manipulated.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #844 on: April 10, 2020, 07:53:16 pm »

Mine, too!  Boilermakers at 10AM is the new normal.

:drunk:
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #845 on: April 10, 2020, 07:53:56 pm »

.hhmmm... perhaps that's where I'm going wrong.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #846 on: April 10, 2020, 07:58:15 pm »
Cooking the books?  Ah .... but we have seen so many instances of information coming forward that shows the corruption of the DEMS ... and voila ... nothing happens.  That will be the case here.  Meanwhile, they WILL try again to impeach him or conduct another costly investigation that ties his hands. They will also continue to push for on-line voting or vote by mail only -- especially if after the country is re-opened the death toll climbs -- and yes, those numbers will continue to be manipulated.

It is my personal opinion, based on no empirical evidence and is just a hunch, that there will be widespread civil disobedience starting May 1 if restrictions are not lifted, and the punishment will visited on more politicians than Donald Trump.  State Governors will come under fire if they are seen to be petty tyrants. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #847 on: April 10, 2020, 07:59:26 pm »

.hhmmm... perhaps that's where I'm going wrong.

Bottomless Boilermakers at the Bar at Castillo del Cyber!
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #848 on: April 10, 2020, 08:07:28 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #849 on: April 10, 2020, 08:14:18 pm »
Bottomless Boilermakers at the Bar at Castillo del Cyber!

Me thinks you're going to have a full house -- I'll bring some burgers to throw on the grill.